Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: why cant white people be humble?  (Read 18657 times)

moeskee

why cant white people be humble?
« on: October 22, 2005, 12:46:32 AM »

first of all let me state that i am not a rasta, but i love to build with my people. when i talk to the rasta brothers and sisters in the hood, they seem to be concerned with the preservation of black history and black culture, so i defanately relate to them. i feel the pain of our people. its becoming increasingly hard for me to believe that white people can respect our culture because they have no clue. recently there was a post on weather or not white people can be rasta. i dont know because i realy dont know the requirements, but what i can say is i dont beleave that its possable with out them altering it to fit their own purposes. instead of excepting our culture 100% or rejecting it , they seem to change it so that they feel cumfortable, in the mean time they miss the whole point. now like i sead im not a rasta but from building with them i do get at least one point, and that is to be proude of being black and to look at things from the black prospective instead of the europian prospective that has ben drilled into our subconscious for countless years. i was looking up thing on rasta and i came across an article on christafari and even know im not dread these people just pissed me off . i know they aint folowing true rasta but that goes to show

Rasta_Man_410

Re: why cant white people be humble?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 01:25:01 AM »

Very good post. I myself am white, but I understand exactly where you are coming from. I was raised around the same sort of people as you talk to, and I understand that many whites do indeed change things for their benefit. Luckily I try hard to help others and not myself as much, but many people do the opposite.  [smiley=sad.gif]

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 02:02:06 AM »

I am around many of the people you depict here on the daily, but myself am a non-African and attempt to stand humbly and positively at any/all times. I've got to say that really the only time I truly let go would be through my music...which is entirely a vechicle to educate Jah people in this time.

Anyway. Just a little perspective to the reasoning.

One love

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 02:57:00 AM »

moeskee
bredren your speaking of seeing the world through a AFRICAN (black) perspective
but statements like why cant white people be humble and your we and them mentality is a product of white supremacy , a western way of thinking
which leads to comments like  hard for me to believe that white people can respect our culture because they have no clue which is untrue just on this site there is mans them like arkI and mdub who have the utmost raspect and knowledge of AFRICAN culture people like rasta nick has given people from all over the world the opportunity to have a clue about our culture,would he have done that if he had no raspect for it?

peace and love
« Last Edit: October 22, 2005, 02:58:48 AM by soul-jah »
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

Regdan

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2005, 03:16:25 AM »

Not one to make outrageous claims, but that title itself is an example of supremacy. Is it not?

I must agree with soul-jah, in that you are looking through the eyes of one single person, on a perspective of a certain culture. Thus, what you are saying is not fully correct, white people can be humble.

I myself am not an african, but I am caucasian.

moeskee

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 03:22:08 AM »

if you had a clue you would know exactly what im saying. stop using semantics and adress the subject. you missed the whole point. if i was talking to one of my people black people they would understand what im saying rasta or not. and im sorry if you dont agree with my use of english but i concider so called black and hispanic my people, sorry. and when i talk like this to the dreads on the street they seem to understand me, but its people like you who miss the point. thats my point. and you know whats ill? you will never see the point because it doesnt effect you like it effects my people. and im proud to say my people. a real rasta can relate when i say im proud to be black. just like you should be proud to be you. [smiley=wink.gif]

moeskee

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 03:25:13 AM »

it seems like people are taking what i said personal. did i strike a nerv? must be some truth in the matter

moeskee

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2005, 03:28:50 AM »

seems like RASTA MAN got the point and thats probubly because he sees it from a similar prspectve as me seeing as thouh he was raised aroud the black rastas
[smiley=grin.gif]

Regdan

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2005, 03:29:36 AM »

if you had a clue you would know exactly what im saying. stop using semantics and adress the subject. you missed the whole point. if i was talking to one of my people black people they would understand what im saying rasta or not. and im sorry if you dont agree with my use of english but i concider so called black and hispanic my people, sorry. and when i talk like this to the dreads on the street they seem to understand me, but its people like you who miss the point. thats my point. and you know whats ill? you will never see the point because it doesnt effect you like it effects my people. and im proud to say my people. a real rasta can relate when i say im proud to be black. just like you should be proud to be you. [smiley=wink.gif]

I am addressing the fact that you are saying white people aren't humble. Adjusting everything to their liking, I have news. Everyone does that, period. Don't judge a whole race because of the select few.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2005, 03:36:00 AM »

I am addressing the fact that you are saying white people aren't humble. Adjusting everything to their liking, I have news. Everyone does that, period. Don't judge a whole race because of the select few.

I'd speak for yourself, idren. One must be careful of what they allow the senses to let in, but this does not mean alternation.

Rastafari is a movment of truth, and concrete truth at that. There is no acceptance or room for picking apart and welding/melding until it is appreciated. The truth can be tragic! Be not fooled by the religious systems they try to impose on you everyday.

"Don't you think they know their system is too far gone."

One love

moeskee

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2005, 03:37:16 AM »

read my post one more time and you just might get the point.  [smiley=grin.gif] now you know im not talking about you if it doesnt pertain to you. dont use all that every white person crap to get away from the point im trying to make didnt you see me give props to RASTA MAN ? who is white? stop playing games. you know exactly what im saying [smiley=angry.gif]

moeskee

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 03:56:51 AM »

by the way. Rasta_Man_410 can i hear some of your music? [smiley=cool.gif]

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2005, 04:07:14 AM »

i know exactly what your saying, i just dont agree with it, im just a humble man following the example shown to me by his imperial majesty, what more do you want me to say? i leave all the judging to the king of kings seen
peace and love to the brotherhood of man
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

Lionsroar

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 04:47:56 PM »

true day do try to alter the way off our livin but to me u cant b rasta if ur not true to urself so the ones who think they can change sumin to fit dem is dearly mistaken,u cant call urself a rasta if u change the way of life rastas live den u are jus startin a chain dat will lead people to think the way u live is rasta. Yes i no many people on dis site not black, datz no problem but would be come a future problem is dat babylon is corruptin our way of life once again we cant have nething, but listen whites can be ras IF day live the way and not changin it to benefit dere life, u dont have to change it to benefit ur life neway u jus gonna learn mo bout wha blacks go thur and how white supremacy try and bring us down, wha is dere to change

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2005, 10:24:33 PM »

christafari and rastafari are two totally different concepts, fiyah you could label yourself a christafarian but you would always remain a ras, just in the same way christafarians will remain shackled by christian doctrines and beliefs,history repeats itself western powers stole africans from africa, they stole african culture watering it down to suite western thinking, over four hundred years later its happening again in thease watered down doctrines of rastafari, this is white supremacy at work.to say ALL white rastafarians live this watered down livity is wrong, many stay rooted in its core beliefs, just as the same is for black christians denouncing him, sometimes people take the easy route and label a people this and that, when infact everyman is unique in is ways and spirituallity

if Haile Selassie truelly is the most high and you truelly know this in your heart of hearts, to say rastafari is limited to one race, is impossible.
all men have god (good) inside them, one man the god man (Selassie I)
is pure undilllluted goOdness, inturn ras tafari is the embodiement of the god in every man of every nation, so irrespective of anything  any man that strives to be SELASSIE I (Ras Tafari) like and follows H I S teachings is a RASTAFARIAN
peace and love
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.