Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: why cant white people be humble?  (Read 18664 times)

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
Re: why cant white people be humble?
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 01:13:22 PM »

bredren Fiyah
true that justice should be meted out, those who suffered most, for the longest time need justice first, ALL RASTAFARI know this is the AFRICAN people
inturn this will lead to the liberation of all mankind, this is were many non rasta get confused they cant see how the liberation of africans will free mankind, believing instead only black africa will benifit, thus cant overstand why other nations would follow RASTAFARI
peace and love
« Last Edit: October 23, 2005, 01:15:30 PM by soul-jah »
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

fiya_man

« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 04:04:33 PM »

first of all let me state that i am not a rasta, but i love to build with my people. when i talk to the rasta brothers and sisters in the hood, they seem to be concerned with the preservation of black history and black culture, so i defanately relate to them. i feel the pain of our people. its becoming increasingly hard for me to believe that white people can respect our culture because they have no clue. recently there was a post on weather or not white people can be rasta. i dont know because i realy dont know the requirements, but what i can say is i dont beleave that its possable with out them altering it to fit their own purposes. instead of excepting our culture 100% or rejecting it , they seem to change it so that they feel cumfortable, in the mean time they miss the whole point. now like i sead im not a rasta but from building with them i do get at least one point, and that is to be proude of being black and to look at things from the black prospective instead of the europian prospective that has ben drilled into our subconscious for countless years. i was looking up thing on rasta and i came across an article on christafari and even know im not dread these people just pissed me off . i know they aint folowing true rasta but that goes to show

True, Euro thinking was brought here from day one! And they run the "things"{{ no man or people control God almight }}. Thats why I have such repecy for natives, and enjoy nature practices. Im not a rasta but i dont call myself that, but i do enjoy the reasoning and respect for God here and in rasta wicth in many places is hard to find. But there probly is white rastas who folow in accordence 100%, besides them not being black in a movment of black origin. The world is one but God deals on all planes, and so can all humans but evil can be implicated on all levels as well. MAbey like there is a cure to every curse and vice versa.

Truth and justice is in Rasta people, and if all people had truth and justice the world would be on the same level, but seems like money and power are priority for the ones who control most babylon things witch a many people watch and partake in everyday. Seems to me God allows only so much unil people slef destruct themselves(babylon) but they can make all the money and propaganda they want. Truth word is for knowing and feeling.

Regdan

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 04:10:10 PM »

Blessed Love

soul-jah
 It is imperative that Truth and Justice be central in the consciousness of all Rasta people.

[bgcolor=Green]Rastafari  [/bgcolor]
[bgcolor=Yellow]Haile Selassie I  [/bgcolor]
[bgcolor=Red]Fiyah  [/bgcolor]

I agree that truth and justice should be carried out, but not just in RastafarI. Everyone that walks the Earth should do all that they can to uphold these things, and when I say everyone. I mean everyone.

Father bless.

Ras Alto

• Veteran User
  • Thanks & Praises to the MOST HIGH
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 11:47:43 PM »

Greetings in the Ivine Name of Haile Selassie I.!

@ Moeskee
When the time has come and you stand in front of the I-reator JAH Ras TafarI Haile Selassie I. and HE asks you: "Why did you disunite people instead of following my teachings?" what will you say? It is too late to say anything. Then you will feel the Judgement.
Haile Selassie no see no skin color. It is not about black or white, it is about good or wicked. There are good and wicked in every human "race". And the ones who know the Truth will follow it and they will live inna Zion.
Want to know the origin of "races"? Check Sem, Ham and Japhet and you will see they all belong to Noah.

JAH LOVE

mundell

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2005, 09:41:47 PM »

I guess you have your reasons for saying what you are saying,but you must understand that globaly seen many races and also people of the same colour discriminate and show no understanding for one another.
it is not a black and white thing you see.
it is this kind of thinking that causes strife.
Wake up,be wise the truth is revealing!!
as Winston Rodney sings:ANY MAN COULD BE BABYLON IN A TIME LIKE NOW.

kinfokedez

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 09:55:26 PM »

Winston Rodney is a Garveyite.....

jstbu14

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 07:03:55 PM »

Moskee....There are elders and youth that are HIGHLY educated and happen to have white skin. Maybe just a complexion...some may have African or other dark skinned races in their family tree. We are (including yourself) a NEW generation!! We didn't endure the pain and suffering so we have to research and relate!!!!! I myself a white 25year old have done much research. DO I konw exactly what you do???Probably not, we have different environments, different teachers, different cultures and friends and family. PLEASE HUMBLE YOURSELF and don't be so uppitty!!! I call it uppitty because you seem to have alot of random thought and haven't taken the time yourself to REALIZE the big picture that our lives here intereact with all that have energy not just humans. you are looking at living beings as race like/machine like deminsions. Please open your heart to a Universe of BEAUTIFUL LIVING BEINGS....ALL of us a CURRENT NEW GENERATION...... you nor I could possible know all there is to know about anything in general....HUMBLE YOURSELF AND realize...."Until the color of a mans skin is of no more significance thatn the color of his eyes THERE IS WAR!!!" Please take a minute to re-evaluate YOUR teachings and YOUR beliefs.... I am well. I don't know everything, but I know enough to say I LIVE AND LEARN AND LOVE AND GROW!!!! ALLL LIVING BEINGS!! ONE LOVE!!! PEACE!

mundell

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2005, 10:02:16 PM »

Winston Rodney is a Garveyite.....

yes.....

So you say he don't know about Rastafari?

I quote the man couse he knows.....he knows,my bredda!! [smiley=laugh.gif]
« Last Edit: October 29, 2005, 10:02:52 PM by mundell »

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2005, 04:15:39 PM »

Greetings and peace.

The statement in the subject of this topic is a stereotype. The views that you are expressing are views from your perspective, however that does not make such statements true. You state that white people alter Rasta to fit their lifestyle better? How so? How many white Rasta's have you met from each continent? I'm interested in how you can make such a statement unless you've met and reasoned with many white Rasta's across the world finding out their exact beliefs.

One

Jah bless

Justin_Baule

« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2005, 07:33:27 PM »

I think the view is changing. I'm always reminded of Malcolm X saying, "There's no place for a black man, in a white mans war."

Now its more like, "There's no place for a poor man, in a wealthy mans war."
White, Black, whatever...we are all feeling oppression due to this evil of Babylon.

The first shall be last...

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2005, 08:30:38 PM »

yes i jb
well said.
jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Kama_Sutra

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2005, 09:59:35 PM »

I think what Moeskee is trying to say is that there is a shared history amongst black people, and despite the fact that the blacks born in North America, for example, are no longer slaves, still, the history of that slavery, as well as the culture that grew out of that experience, is still very much a part of the "psyche" of black people today.  Taking it further back, the history of their pre-slave days, back in Africa, is a history that is also shared by modern day blacks, and makes it's ways into the lives of many via music, art, folklore, etc.  I think it is something that is "in the blood" of black people, meaning, not literally in the blood, but in the "psyche" via culture.  Example, songs about the "struggle" and everything, this doesn't need any explanation amongst (most) blacks.  Like I said, it's a shared history, culture, etc.  

Now, regarding the "commercialization" of this culture.... Like anything else that becomes "cool" amongst the youth, it will be exploited for financial gain.  But it ain't just whites who's doing that.  Plenty of blacks are capitalizing on it, I think more than whites.

Nothing is neccessarily wrong with that... everyone's got to figure out a way to feed their family.

Justin_Baule

« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2005, 10:43:32 PM »

Nothing is neccessarily wrong with that... everyone's got to figure out a way to feed their family.

Very true.
But the problem is...How evil is the money, that very few can just have the selfcontrol to make money to only "feed the family". Before you know it, they are buying everything in sight.

rastafandawn

• Normal User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2005, 03:10:07 PM »

I have only just joined the Forum, and read this question about white people being humble.  I returned to the country where I was born (Wales) 11 years ago after living in London for a long time. During my time in London, I became involved with black people, some Rasta's, some not. Some wore locks, but were not Rasta's, it was just a fashion statement for them, as it seemed I (as a white woman) knew more about the Rasta religion than some of them.  One of the younger dreads I spoke to didnt even know what the Piby was.  Anyway, I met some people who didnt have locks, but I believed they were Rastas.  After all, Rasta is a way of life, a feeling in the heart, a kindness to the soul, not about whether you smoke ganja, or locks up your hair.  I dont locks my hair, I dont smoke ganja, but I do believe the same things that real, genuine Rastafarians believe in.  I have to admit that white people on the whole are a cunning race, always appearing to want to take over someone's country and someone's beliefs, and being afraid of anyone who appears to know more than they do, but this can't be applied to the white race as a whole.  If you do that, you are as guilty as the white people are when they say that black people are thieves and drug takers.  Its just not true.  I went out with a man who I believed to be a Rastafarian for a great many years.  He was (to white people) an ugly, big black man with filthy hair, and who probably had a wife and 6 kids hiding somewhere, and who had never done a days work in his life.  WRONG.  He was a kind, gentle, loving, humble, honest man who was cleaner than anyone I know, white or black.  He was beautiful in heart and mind, in soul and generosity.  I spoiled the relationship, not him, and I am sorry to this day that I did.

However, I can totally understand your views about white people, but please try and understand that there are white people around who are not impressed by their own race's habits and beliefs.  I am disgusted by the attitude some white people hold, but by the same token, I am disgusted by the attitude some black, or Asian, or Hispanic, or Turkish ....whatever, people hold.  Bob Marley was half white, but he was ALL Rasta, he was a gloriously fabulous Rasta man.

Unfortunately, what a lot of white people dont understand, they make fun of. Its only to cover their embarrassment of their ignorance.  Feel sorry for them, dont put them down.  Your own people were put down for years, for you to do the same now is to be just like those who put your people down.

At the end of our lives, JAH will know who is Rasta and it is only JAH we have to answer to.

Peace to all brothers and sisters, whatever colour you are.

[smiley=kiss.gif]
Until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes.......

2_tuff

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2005, 02:37:30 AM »

we are all black somewhere in our heart jah put it there,we are all white somewhere in our heart,we are all yellow somewhere in our heart jah put them all in its up 2 the i to come 2 terms with all 3 ham shem and japheth we all have elements of good and bad take the good from each put them in 1 man only then can the i stop guessin whats wrong with everyone else 4 the answer will b given and overstanding will b yours
                              UNTIL THE COLOUR OF A MANS SKIN IS OF NO MORE SIGNIFIGANCE THAN THE COLOUR OF HIS CLOTHES THE I WILL NOT KNOW JAH (I DONT WANT EVEN EYE DISCRIMINATION) ham was cursed by jah and the book has to run its course time is near and ham will b free as the wicked will pay and do their time so ham has done their time (go tell it on the mountian set my people free) jah will send another mosses          ]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.112 seconds with 21 queries.