Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: why cant white people be humble?  (Read 18662 times)

Truth

• Standard User
  • Love and Trust
Re: why cant white people be humble?
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2005, 09:43:02 PM »

This is very similar to a contraversial topic which is close to home for me. Years ago the Irish suffered opression from the English. Our land, religion, culture, freedom, all taken from us. What annoys me is that some Irish people still show resentment towards English people for this. After all we are all people. Why should a person that is born in England right now, be persecuted for what his/her ancestors did in the past? I feel pain for what happened to my brethren in the past yet i show no resentment towards any English person for how they have suffered. If a person does something it is the responsability of the person not the entire family. Adolf Hitler was an evil person. However, I would not judge the members of his family because of it.

Everyone needs to open their minds. Be you black, white, yellow, orange, purple, blue...... It is just colour. We are all people. Born of the same descendants. It is our heritage and our life that we live day to day that makes us unique. We should not persecute others because of this. I am proud to be Irish but I will not persecute a good honest English person because of this. All African people should be proud to be African. But they should not persecute the good honest white person because of it.

I agree with many of the Rastafarian aspects of life. however I do not call myself a Rastafarian as I dont agree with all of their beliefs. If I did say I was a Rastafarian then I would be changing what a Rastafarian is and no one has the right to do that.

Please people remember one thing. Everyone is equal. If a Black man puts a White man down just because he is White then he is just as bad as the white opressors of the past and present. If every person on the planet could accept every other person on the planet then this would be the most true and beautiful thing in the history of the Earth.

We must work towards a better world where everyone is equal. That is how evil will be eradicated and good will prevail.

(please also understand that I am not saying that I am perfect and that I know all. While reading your posts and writing mine I have been constantly learning more and more about myself. I thankyou all for helping to open my mind)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2005, 09:45:36 PM by Truth »

rasjay

• Regular User
  • Love Jah and live
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2006, 07:48:42 PM »

Why Cant white people be humble. I belive that my people struggle to be humble because we don't care bout nothing. White people are like they are because we live in a culture we have created which is centered around themselves. therefore they are the most immportant. i aint no sociologist but i have eyes to see what is happening. this world if you don't struggle to get ton the top of your proffession your gonna earn very little and when you earn very little people get depressed because they look over the other side of the fence and see rich people. ''WE WANT TO BE LIKE THEM'' people shout all over the world instead of being content with what they got. which is often more love in the poorer community. Im not being rude when i say this but white and blacks live in two different place in society one is rich one is poor. for what ever reason whites are higher up on scheme of earning money and blacks are generally lower than white on the dollar. pound graph. that is fact im not being rude but being honest. honesty goes along way in life.. i dont know whether im right by saying blacks are more content with what they have by that i mean the blacks living in the ghetto areas of the world. and the same goes for any race living in the ghetto areas. are more satisfied with what they have and happy living HUMBELY because they don't have the apple to eat when ya got the apple you take a bite if you like it you gonna want more this goes for whites as well and all races if you like being the top dog then you will do everything you can to be the top dog if that means exploiting people then thats what you do because your mind is focussed on being the DADDY. I hope i can have some responses on this post.
Rejoice and praise RasTafari.Blessed love brethern from Ras..Jay

Freedom

« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »

My parents are not humble seriously, very much like the people your talking about. But I feel the sons/daughters of them have changed. But i feel more people (larger percentage) of the population has become humble due to rightousness and rebbelion from their parents. But the lower percentage of the other end of the spectrum is more babylon. Very funny that isn't it lol

Rasta in my view are rebels of society, taken the Babylon and have ripped it up and dont care if they grow dreads (an example, not the only one). Babylon want us to look good for them, if we rebel then maybe they will see truth, seen? [smiley=cool.gif]

But alot of white people are humble, i can say the same for black people and crime (which i dont believe but is the perception of a number of people). All these statements are pathetic, I feel were slipping more off course focusing on colour and other people.

'Why cant white people be jumble' - Some people may see that statement is racist because alot of white people are humble, its just the percentage you know are ass*****, Alot of people say 'black people cause most crime' which is crap! Look i believe no race can make you do anything that is bad. It depends on person! Again i think this is all a misconception. Black and white people are the same, except da shield (body) is differnt. But we are all unique, seen?

So lets drop White Race & Black Race in our discussions.
Were talking about our souls n others souls, seen?
Jah intended us to be in peace, so i think this is a solution. Not to label people  [smiley=smiley.gif].

& another thing idren i am sorry for da ass**** of my race that you know, seen? I have been stabbed in the belly by a black boy with a pen knife yes? some people after that would pretty much isolate themselves from black people but no, it drew me further in. I saw that the miniscule percentage that attacked me was not of the majourity of the black race and in the same token im sorry for the intense and abusive racism the black race may get from white people. I feel we have been tard with the same brush as them and i feel i can clear my name and others by saying sorry.

were souls on a plain of the desert, wandering which path leads to home. But eventually after trial and error we find ourselves home or somewhere alot better than home. Seen?

Jah Bless, Peace & love brudaz n sistaz  [smiley=smiley.gif]
« Last Edit: July 06, 2006, 09:59:42 AM by Freedom »

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2006, 08:33:10 PM »

Freedom, love, u r souring into wisdom. Beautiful, keep on composing your overstanding in rhythm to JAH Guidence with Love...

Blessed Love
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

Kama_Sutra

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2006, 09:22:47 PM »

im sorry for the intense and abusive racism the black race may get from white people. I feel we have been tard with the same brush as them and i feel i can clear my name and others by saying sorry.

[smiley=smiley.gif]

Why should you be sorry for the actions of others?  That's their own karma not yours.  

Sometimes white people also get abusive racism from black people, unprovoked.  

I've been in situations like that and when racist words are thrown at me I'm expected to feel intimidated and remain silent and take it!  Why? Coz I'm not black?  Coz I'm a woman?  When I don't react in a silent, intimadated way then they get shocked - when they're the ones that started it, not me.

Why should I be expected to remain silent when someone is throwing racist comments at me?  If I remain silent it is simply my mercy upon them for which they should be grateful.  And if I don't remain silent then they should know they had it coming.  

I'm a mirror.  I will reflect whatever is put in front of me.  

searching_for_Zion

« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2006, 09:51:21 PM »

i have a question for the I.   i recently found me roots, im about every "race" ( wut a bullsh1t word) mixed together I am a mutt u could say, Im Black, German,Scottish,Irish,( white) Native American, Middle Eastern, and Medditeranean. this are the things that came to be Patrick, but i didnt choose my past i didnt chose my color and does this mean i cannot be humble, surely not. IT DOESNT MATTER WUT COLOR YOUR SKIN IS, i cannot infesize this point enough, it does not matter where u came from it matters where u are goin wut the I is going to do to prove everyone wrong or make your mark on this planet before the Almighty call you home to Mt.Zion.

Freedom

« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2006, 12:05:14 AM »

Retaliation is so easy for anyone to do... but what is it worth? You said argued with a racist... personally i would isolate myself from them. At the end of the day if they cant except others then no one will except THEM. Basically don't stoop down to a racists level.

What is the point of ME saying sorry? Well i feel embarrased of beings being absolutley pathetic. I wish to isolate myself from them by saying sorry so i dont have to endure the punishment the embarrasements get due to i feel tard and feathered with not materials but with conceptions of my shield (appearance), i mean my apology deeply. Look if racism never exsisted i would probably not have been stabbed, i am angry at racists for this.

Karma is a very funny thing seen? I throw stone in a pond and the ripples maximise throughout the whole pond. One of thoes ripples hit me, some prat caused trouble and i was one of the many to suffer to this massive misconseption. If i died well... I would have gone to Jah and given a chance to make this world equal again. Anyway, everyone is affected by any situation. Think about it, next time you run your tap for that little longer what happens in the WIDE ripples streching out to the edge. You will be humble if you considered this, seen?

Just because your a woman/man doesnt mean anything, no excuse for anyone to undermine you in any way. Everyone should have a mutual respect, everyone is the same. Divisions like: money/looks/race/sex and etc. are pathetic. I see its so sad to divide ourselves when we are all but Jahs creation. If Jah wished to divide ourselves we would have price tags/labels and etc. saying white/black/rich/poor and more pathetic labeling.

Thankyou for listening to me.

Thankyou brudaz n sistas, peace and love.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 01:30:03 AM by Freedom »

Black_Uhuru

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2006, 02:54:48 AM »

first of all let me state that i am not a rasta, but i love to build with my people. when i talk to the rasta brothers and sisters in the hood, they seem to be concerned with the preservation of black history and black culture, so i defanately relate to them. i feel the pain of our people. its becoming increasingly hard for me to believe that white people can respect our culture because they have no clue. recently there was a post on weather or not white people can be rasta. i dont know because i realy dont know the requirements, but what i can say is i dont beleave that its possable with out them altering it to fit their own purposes. instead of excepting our culture 100% or rejecting it , they seem to change it so that they feel cumfortable, in the mean time they miss the whole point. now like i sead im not a rasta but from building with them i do get at least one point, and that is to be proude of being black and to look at things from the black prospective instead of the europian prospective that has ben drilled into our subconscious for countless years. i was looking up thing on rasta and i came across an article on christafari and even know im not dread these people just pissed me off . i know they aint folowing true rasta but that goes to show

I personly found this article racsist and stereotypical. If I posted a thread on how "Black" people don't understand and arent humble, or said that all Blacks stole and where uneducated, I would be banned from these forums, Though I do not beleive any of these things true, it would make a great deal of poeple uncomfortable. And on a side note of "(they)" don't understandis completely messed up. Though white people at a certain time did take Blacks into slavery, it wasn't withought the help of other Africans tribe members and their own brothers who conquered them and sold them to the Europians in the begining. I have to go for now and this post may not be complete, but i will be sure to get back to my point.

SteveGad

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2006, 09:30:30 PM »

true day do try to alter the way off our livin but to me u cant b rasta if ur not true to urself so the ones who think they can change sumin to fit dem is dearly mistaken,u cant call urself a rasta if u change the way of life rastas live den u are jus startin a chain dat will lead people to think the way u live is rasta. Yes i no many people on dis site not black, datz no problem but would be come a future problem is dat babylon is corruptin our way of life once again we canthave nething, but listen whites can be ras IF day live the way and not changin it to benefit dere life, u dont have to change it to benefit ur life neway u jus gonna learn mo bout wha blacks go thur and how white supremacy try and bring us down, wha is dere to change

I agree. I also very much doubt that any white preson entering this site, would dream of coming in with a view to 'altering' anything to suit them, nor would they want Rastafari to be changed in any way. I hope I speak for the whites who came here, when I say they would only come to this door with a view to further their understanding of their brethren, Rastafari and the works and ways of Jah.
I for years have read with a very heavy sadness in my heart, about the oppression of the Black Man, felt the hope in Marcus Garvey's work, the sadness of his passing in a foriegn land, and the relief of his returning home for eternity.
I have read, read and read again, and I hope I have some understanding, although I will never know everything. I will never feel the pain many had to live with, in those dark days of ignorance. One of the very first things I read about Rastafari (when still a youngster) was also one of the first things I learned as a human being - love, understanding and tolerance of even the most ignorant.
There are people in the world who imagine that to subscribe to the Rasta way, is simply a matter of enjoying a smoke, having a Jamaica flag on the wall, and owning a copy of Bob Marley's 'Legend' Album. I feel sorry, and almost apologetic for this, but man will always have ignorance, and if I can further another white mans understanding of who, and what Haile Sellassie I, was, then I feel I have at least made an honest and truthful attempt to educate that man. If people ask, I tell.

As I said earlier, it is selfish for anyone to imagine they have sole rights to a way of thinking. I can't help being white, but being white does not mean I have to listen to Kylie Minogue, when I prefer Barrington Levy and I won't feel guilty as I buy tickets to see Burning Spear. That WOULD be me being untrue to myself, and if it really is about truth, then I AM being true, true to myself. I love God, and I know God understands who, and what I am, so what others think is of very little consequence to me.
Watch footage of Dr King, proudly marching through the sea of ignorance that was America half a century ago, and if you look you will see white folk by his side, with every bit as much passion for the cause, as the man himself. Nowhere have I read Martin Luther King, nor Marcus Garvey state that the white man cannot aid them in their cause, because they aren't black, an therefore not the genuine article, or somehow less commited. Garvey said "Man know theyself" and in that statement is built an entire new world, if you want it. Please don't imagine anyone would come in here and set up their own version of Rasta in it, because it wouldn't happen - nor would it be allowed to.
The small step from reading these pages, to actually signing up, was a very big thing for me. I may well know more about Black history than some black men, but it simply means I read more than some. I chose to study history, black and white, partly because of curiousity, partly from guilt of being a descendant of men who treated others with such contempt, and partly to try to understand why these things happen. Garvey also told that if the black man stopped saying the world wasn't allowing him to grow, and realised that in him is a supreme power, then there would be a whole new race of people within 24 hours. In some small way, that is what I have read, in the hour or so since I joined this site. People arguing who is and who isn't allowed to be a Rasta, who is genuine, and I even saw someone who wrote "Why would a white man study the ways of the rasta? What's in it for him? Nothing!" I hope thats not the theme here.
For a moment, I almost wished I hadn't joined up, but I saw Rasta Nick's avatar depicts a black and a White hand in unity. I had hoped for too much in imagining it would be true here. If we can't even display unity on an Internet page, and especially one where the reason for being here is so well defined, then how long will it be before worldwide unity is a reality?

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2006, 09:52:15 PM »

Greetings, brother Steve,
welcome!
not much more i can add to that! intelligent reasoning.......

bless, Jo xx
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Muslim

• Full User
  • P E A C E
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2006, 12:34:54 AM »

Ive seen people talk about race and culture a lot. I remeber seeing a few posts how white people cant be Rasta or have dreads. Rather a white man can be Rasta is totaly up to you guys. But when you talk about Black People and Culture I feel I have a right to intervene. Dreadlocks and other things related to Rasta and other Black power movements are also used by many Sufi orders in Africa. In those Sufi orders there is no debate on weather a white man can be a member. So i would just like to remind you that in Africa and Europe there are many different Cultures not just "White" and "Black"
you call him Jah, I call him Allah

manmitchera

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2006, 08:38:25 PM »

u cant blame white ppl, but u can blame individual white ppl.

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 12:28:34 PM »

Greetings, the only response i an i can have to such posts is a dissapointed one.  How can we as human race, excel and live righteous, when these sort of questions are asked without thought to the answer?  White people as I an I see them are babylon, but not the average white man.  Governments, as i man have said many times are responsible, but i an i wont go into too much detail.  IN relation to black history, i an i feel that in schools OUR children should be taught ALL history, not just black or white or in between.  But the babylon government corrupts.  Moeskee, do not worry for preserving history, stay righteous, and teach truth without taintedness to the youth.  They will preserve history, they will proceed us, so it seems wise to plant good seeds in their hearts.  White people and Rasta.....  I accept what the I is saying, but the reason they have no clue, is they are raised in the busom of babylon.  It is the Jah blessed work to undo this, although some are too molded from the deceit of babylon.  The only way a white man can truely be Rastafari, is by completely accepting H.I.M, and living Rasta.  That is to say before he claims Rasta, he is eating Ital, leads a humble and self sufficient life etc, he hasnt just grown dreads and smokes weed.  Rastafari isnt Rasta if it is altered, I man know people who think they are Rasta, but it has to be the whole package not just the most favourable parts of Rasta livity.  People change boundaries to suit them because they are so used to living in a moldable world, it is human nature to want to fit in, we are social creatures.  Sometimes people choose to fit to a group without knowing the implications of what they are doing, i an i beleive this happens with Rastafari.  The free living, One Love attitude appeals to everyone as it is where we all are supposed to be and part of what we once where.  But the end result is that ALL people can be humble, ALL people can be A$$holes, every human being is capable of the same good and evil deeds as the last one, but it is up to us to make the difference.  DO not judge a race because of a mere few arrogant people, as I man have met black people who most certainly not humble.  Most black people I man know sell drugs, except for a few, yet I an I know not all black people are drug dealers.  I can only speak for I, but I know I speak for ALL when I an I say, be careful of the I's posts.  Prejudice, Racism, and Equality, these words conjure images, do they not?  Now think of Justice, Race, and Iquality the connotations they bring are alot more pleasent.  Justice for all,  One Race,  and Iquality.  We cannot acheive the higher states of righteousness when we say things ignorant of human nature,  I an I know Moeskee the I isnt Rasta, but the I is educated and follows Rasta at least, does the I not see?  One LOve
I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.

Igor

« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2006, 01:02:49 PM »

every human being is capable of the same good and evil deeds as the last one
-Amen Humble!

but jawell , I just can't resist this (bad Igor!)

http://www.sizesurvey.com/result.html
"Surprisingly, it would appear from Figure 5, that contrary to popular myth, Black males have shorter erect lengths than their Caucasian counterparts"
"The average flaccid length among Blacks however was 93.8mm (3.7") compared to 87.7mm (3.4") for Caucasians, which may be responsible for the impression that Black men have greater erect dimensions."

*whistle*

RasLuke

• Full User
  • Praise JAH without apology =]
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »

Greetings,

The humbleness of a person is not reflective of a person's skin colour, it is more so to do with the persons thoughts and actions, an dealings within a righteous frame of mind. Colour of a man or woman skin is irrevelant to there humbleness, it mis there actions that affect this.

JAH Guide and Protector
Tá athás an domhain orm nuair a chuala mé focáil an Prionsa ó Suaimhneas H.I.M Haile Selassie I. Níl aon éagla ar mo chroí mar mó chroí ar ngrá. Búiochas la Dhía.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.