Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: why cant white people be humble?  (Read 18663 times)

manmitchera

Re: why cant white people be humble?
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2006, 05:50:01 PM »

and its not jus white ppl that cant b humble, every colour, race has ppl like that.

Muslim

• Full User
  • P E A C E
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2006, 09:25:48 PM »

I agree, Someone shouldent be judged by his race,(there is no race but the Human race) but by his actoins.
you call him Jah, I call him Allah

bill_t_1984

Re: why cant white people be humble? id really lik
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2006, 09:07:06 PM »

okay im caucasian not even a rasta im interested but im also interested in islam and i have practiced buddism my uncle is east indian raised in africa and ive know some great whites, blacks, indians, and natives and so on.  i started with whites cause no offence your original article sounded really racist against whites. i grew up in rent geared to income its kind of the candian version of the projects not nearly as bad but hey. where i used to work there was this one girl i got along with great she was half and half but just a great girl had a dumb ass boyfriend who was "tiefin her money" but i lent her lunch money, there was also a african american he said insisted that white people made the dinosaur bones and planted them so that there descedents could make all the money off of movies like jurasic park. i feel incredibly embaressed by this as a canadian because of what it says about our education system but thats another rant. he also insisted when he knew i had money and refused to by him lunch that i was racist and that proved it. is that one of your people who is so humble? saying that white people cant truly get what this way of living is about does that mean black and i say black cause i mean jamaicans, africans all that like when you say white im sure you mean all scotish, irish, english, ect.  are incapable of understanding christianity or judasim?

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2007, 08:01:40 AM »

Nuff Truths and Rights in this thread, just thought I'd bring it back to the top.

InI wish I was here when this reasoning first took place.

I ask ALL the I's to read CAREFFULLY/THOUGHTFULLY, from the beginning, as much as the I's can.

Ras Nevoe
« Last Edit: July 06, 2007, 08:03:16 AM by Ras_Nevoe »
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #49 on: July 06, 2007, 10:55:42 AM »

Bless up Idren,
                       I read it all, some truthical hearts there fe sure.
Some stuff really echoed my sentiments but this was the one I'll quote coz it explains why I took off for a few days ,yes I know my life obviously isn't too full right now, with work and such...but I feel jah guide I here, so here I am

.I feel were slipping more off course focusing on colour and other people.

Overall, I know it has to be dealt with...but we have gone past the point of victimhood, to be able to reason like this, as Rasta and friend of Rasta and those attracted to the Path who may find that they are Rasta....To embrace RastaRarI one MUST BE a counter-racist...there is no room for racism with in Rasta....only the humility to admit the vices one struggles with personally, and the honesty to admit the things that hurt so....and the openess to transcend and grow into the liberated being He wants us to become...of course I do not mean to be a reductionist....to reduce things to a single or small amount of focus....but to add to the overstanding...
Having said that.....I would like to attempt to answer the initial question....
I think that the lack of humility is a cover-up, it is an attempt to look important because of ones true feelings of being terrified of ones own insignificance.....remember when people who are part of a system of power over and control with no respect for others "less-powerful", both parties buy into the lie that some are more powerful than others, it is a system of indoctrination that is perpetuated by parents who feel intimidated by "something bigger and more powerful than them", it is enacted beautifully in many (most) schools...It is created and maintained by people who do not feel and who have not experienced the power and Love of Jah Within..Ones judge Christianity harshly, I myself have been guilt of this, but I feel that true Christianity has very rarely been practised by the ones claiming to practise it.....I believe it is a path as valid as Any, However Rasta is definitely a progression from that and addresses so many of the real issues that the so-called Christian Churches have been white-washing and trying to cover-up for so long.......So much diversity but still the truth remains the truth whatever angle yah look at it from.......please, lets stop the projections, and deal with whats real and personal, political, and spiritual human being to human being......
Our Creator gives us equal rights
.Ask and ye shall receive....that rule is for ALL!!!!
So lets not perpetuate this illusion of victimhood, other that addressing the very real reality of corporate and political crime that continues to usurp the rights of so many, creating war and environmental destruction that threatens our very survival ....destroying culture, and replacing it with soul-less capitalism,or other forms of soul-destroying enforced control. We can work together to inform ourselves and each other and together we can topple the walls of Babylon with the way more powerful Love and livity of Jah.
Stronger together!!!!!
sorry for the rant...I really need to "get a life", I used to have one, now I am mommy to so many., one who is under two...this is one of my few outlets, without which a am afraid i could fall sway to hopelessness and feelings of ailienation.....
But even to thinK one is alone is a fallacy.....the spelling gives Jah away as to the truth AL(L)ONE!!!!
One AIm, One Planet, One Destiny
One Love
Nyah
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »

"The only difference between man is good or evil, the rest is illusion"

My "humble" belief.

tonyalynnbarrz

• Standard User
« Reply #51 on: February 17, 2008, 05:27:07 AM »

Quote from: moeskee link=topic=2164. msg38322#msg38322 date=1129938392
first of all let me state that i am not a rasta, but i love to build with my people.  when i talk to the rasta brothers and sisters in the hood, they seem to be concerned with the preservation of black history and black culture, so i defanately relate to them.  i feel the pain of our people.  its becoming increasingly hard for me to believe that white people can respect our culture because they have no clue.  recently there was a post on weather or not white people can be rasta.  i dont know because i realy dont know the requirements, but what i can say is i dont beleave that its possable with out them altering it to fit their own purposes.  instead of excepting our culture 100% or rejecting it , they seem to change it so that they feel cumfortable, in the mean time they miss the whole point.  now like i sead im not a rasta but from building with them i do get at least one point, and that is to be proude of being black and to look at things from the black prospective instead of the europian prospective that has ben drilled into our subconscious for countless years.  i was looking up thing on rasta and i came across an article on christafari and even know im not dread these people just pissed me off .  i know they aint folowing true rasta but that goes to show

I undertand how you feel.  Since becoming a Rasta (I'm very new) I am learning peace with the white race.  I had a lot of built up hatred for their ways.  I still understand you.

Blessings

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #52 on: February 17, 2008, 05:40:49 PM »

I have a plan!

Everyone who is afraid of someone's skin color or who thinks that another person doesn't like him or her because of skin color should- recognizing that there are places not as safe as here in Alaska- approach the misunderstood and do a kindness.

Help someone carry groceries maybe, or let someone merge ahead of you on the highway, or give up a parking spot.

Smile at children of other races so they get imprinted with a positive love.

Catch someone's dog if it gets off its leash, pick up and hand back with a smile what someone drops, make eye contact and smile when shopping. Be nice to those poor people working in overseas call centers.

God bless.

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #53 on: February 18, 2008, 01:05:12 PM »

Yes Natty,
As Tony Rebel's new tune says "Yuh just cyaan go round good!

Bless up

surfmon_I

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2008, 11:48:37 PM »

Yes I !, and there IS so much good to go round.
Bless up Iver more

boz :)

• Normal User
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

I like the way monksee paints all whites with the same brush, I is white and I consider Iself to be humble.    To me skin colour doesn't matter, forgive I if this appears racist but the way I see is InI all originally had the same colour skin but Africa obviously gets more sun than Europe so an African's skin would be darker  :)

InI are people not colours. 

Bless
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 07:15:44 PM by boz :) »

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2008, 07:28:42 PM »

DC Talk, Colored People

[1, 1, 1, 1... 2, 2, 2, 2... 3, 3, 3, 3... 4, 4, 4, 4]

Pardon me, your epidermis is showing, sir
I couldn't help but note your shade of melanin
I tip my hat to the colorful arrangement
Cause I see the beauty in the tones of our skin

We've gotta come together
And thank the maker of us all

(chorus)
We're colored people, and we live in a tainted place
We're colored people, and they call us the human race
We've got a history so full of mistakes
And we are colored people who depend on a holy grace

A piece of canvas is only the beginning for
It takes on character with every loving stroke
This thing of beauty is the passion of an artist's heart
By God's design, we are a skin kaleidoscope

We've gotta come together,
Aren't we all human after all?

(repeat chorus)

Ignorance has wronged some races
And vengeance is the Lord's
If we aspire to share this space
Repentance is the cure

Well, just a day in the shoes of a color blind man
Should make it easy for you to see
That these diverse tones do more than cover our bones
As a part of our anatomy

(repeat chorus)

We're colored people, and they call us the human race
[oh, colored people]
We're colored people, and we all gotta share this space
[yeah we've got to come together somehow]
We're colored people, and we live in a tainted world
[red and yellow, black and white]
We're colored people, every man, woman, boy, and girl
[colored people, colored people, colored people, colored people, yeah]

Yardbirds- You're A Better Man Than I Lyrics
(B. Hugg / M. Hugg)

Can you judge a man,
By the way he wears his hair?
Can you read his mind,
By the clothes that he wears?
Can you see a bad man,
By the pattern on his tie?

Well then, Mr, you're a better man than I,
Yeah, Mr, you're a better man than I,
Oh, Mr, you're a better man than I,
Yeah, Mr, you're a better man than I.

Could you tell a wise man
By the way he speaks or spells?
Is this more important
Than the stories that he tells?
And call a man a fool
If for wealth he doesn't strive?

Well then, Mr, you're a better man than I,

Can you condemn a man,
If your faith he doesn't hold?
Say the colour of his skin,
Is the colour of his soul?
Could you say that men,
For king and country all must die?

Well, Mr, you're a better man than I,

God bless.

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2008, 11:22:06 PM »

All I got to say about this is : Walk a mile in I shoes...then we can talk.

Go and paint yourselves black (makeup) and try and be such in this white controlled world. Do it in a way that people would actually believe you are black. Then, let us discuss it.

Now after that go to a black land (Africa or wherever else) as a white, and see if you get the same treatment.

Walk a mile in I shoes and you would be "crazy" too. It is easy for those who do not live it to make it seem harmless and equal but, that is not reality. Unless you are living it - every single day - you ain't got nothing to say.

Not all "others" are bad but, there is is a big, very big difference when you are black.

Yes, there are "bad" black people too but, for a different reason. Figure it out. Get to know the truth.

prophet7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2008, 12:13:10 AM »

I lived in the only white household in a black neighborhood for a couple of years.

My neighbors were all civil,
but I've been detained by the police any number of times for "walking while white."
This happens in Hispanic neighborhoods as well as black neighborhoods.

I've been beat up for being white.

I know it isn't the same as being black. DOH!

My point would be that "vengeance is the Lord's" and "repentance is the cure."

If you hate me because I'm white it doesn't hurt me.

If you hate me for any reason it hurts you.

And I'll still love you, Brother.

God bless.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2008, 09:51:28 PM »

the fact is,

most  are so racially mixed then how can u define who is "100%"black/white!

we all came from africa, so why judge others from Africa?
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.