Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: do parents really understand?  (Read 3842 times)

satafijah

do parents really understand?
« on: October 30, 2005, 06:15:45 AM »

greetins'
me n' I Father were Havin a conversation the other day, and we came across da subecjt of Herb, and how it really would get out of control if Herb were to be legalized in the U.S.  and then  he started talkin about how marijuana endangers the body and mind and that is been proven by scientists, wich is not true at all,so i informed him about how there has been many researches done by scientists and have discovered that mirijuana does help in many ways. and he denied that right away and said that Marijuana Leads nowhere, no matter how Little or how Big of an amount u use. wich i find to be not true Ganja is good unless u get out of control.
so do parents really understand???
wut are ur thoughts                            Blessings

african_herbsman

Re: do parents really understand?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 05:38:08 PM »

I-Ney,Irie

I tink it depends on ya parents an your views but with the majority of parents(inluding mine) they dont understand

The_Lioness

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 06:36:06 PM »

Irie

i dont think its a case of lacking understanding as such but more differing views through what they've already seen/experienced.

SmG

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 06:36:51 PM »

Mine parents don't understand at all and view ganja as a drug. See drugs are made by man - herbs are natural!

Jah Love

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 03:19:53 PM »

Greetings and peace.

I would have to say that on a general scale, no parents do not understand. I have to disagree with Lioness as far as what this lack of understanding is derived from. The lack of understanding is from pure ignorance. The majority of those with views such as these read an article in the paper or hear something on CNN and accept it as the undisputed truth (the news people wouldn't lie to us would they?). Actually it's legal to lie in the news in the United States of America.

One

Jah bless

satafijah

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 04:37:10 AM »

glad to hear all of you thoughts  [smiley=smiley.gif]
some people say "weed" messes you up, personally Herb actually has helped me along mi life.

Herb is all natural, made from Jah, we rastamans be concious men
we know when and when not to use it, when and when not to carry it.
Blessings
Luv-n-unity
Unity-n-Harmony

Magnus

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 04:29:46 PM »

Parents probably view it as "just another phase" especially if you're a teenager.

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 05:14:28 PM »

I am a parent
Parents are simply people with children
People have different opinions on things
Parents generally want what they think is best for their children and wish to protect them from harm - However unrealistic that is in any society!
Herb is just a drug as far as most peoples parents see - drugs are bad mmmkay and since in a lot of cases all the information you receive as a parent would indicate that drugs will ruin your childs life .... ? Easy to see how they would jump to a conclusion ... and since when they jump to that conclusion it is normally met with rebellion and therefor arguments .... lalalala ... nothing inspirational occurs!
Parents feed you, clothe you, tolerate your moodswings and your insults and still love you
When you have no parents to moan at or about you will miss them
If you live in your parents house and they are supporting and providing for you then perhaps they deserve some respect.
When you stride out on your own if they do not like the road you take ... well that is their choice still but they will still love you.

Maybe not all parents "good" parents, but parents are just people.

...and just so I don't have to answer this later .. I am a parent I have one daughter, she is all grown up and we are the best of friends.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2005, 05:17:36 PM by admin »
Even the longest journey starts with one step

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2005, 07:10:37 PM »

Ises,
Yes Nick Ini site that as the truth, once a man twice a youth!

HIM

George_The_Fonky-1

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 09:53:03 PM »

Parents tend to not to understand their children and children tend to not to try to understand their parents..i bet it's this way since the beginning

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 11:06:20 PM »

As said, it depends on the parents if they overstand but takin I parents for example... No, they don't. One cannot blame them tough cause babylons "truth" is the only truth they know ! That is what they have been told so Ganjah to them is just another drug that is gonna make you dead. I tried an I tried to make them see that it is NOT a drug, that it is a plant that have been foul-talked by evil doers so that them evil doers can keep profits up, of course I parents say that "Rasta has made you crazy" and this an that cause they won't change their mind...
About other issues it is the same thing, they just cant overstand that with Rasta there would be equality, no more war, end of starvation and freedom for mankind... They usually respond in like "but this is how society works if the whole world lived after Rasta everything would be chaos" seen ? They answer from babylons point of view them can't imagine a world without the system we're livin in today. When I play songs about freedom, like one time... Redemption Song was playin on the stereo, and when the line "won't you help to sing, another song of freedom" came I father said "Freedom... ? We are livin totally free lifes we can do whatever we want to !" and when I reply "Of course you think you are free... A prisoner who do not know there is a world outside the prison-walls would presume there isn't one so he think him free". This is where he either just walks away or start screamin ignorant arguments and won't let I answer... It is almost like if he know I am speakin truth but he just no want to know it because him so deep into babylon seen ?  [smiley=undecided.gif]
So well most parents no overstand I think, but one should not be angry on THEM, it isn't their fault they have been told lies and nothing but it their whole lifes.

Jah Bless Bredren & Sistren !
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 11:07:21 PM by Positive_I-rations »

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2005, 04:32:30 PM »

Words of truth Idren Positive I!

A prisoner who do not know there is a world outside the prison-walls would presume there isn't one so he think him free".

So much truth here. Ignorance is bliss when 'tis folly to be wise.

One

Jah bless

missmissytaj

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2005, 07:13:37 PM »

[ReggaeSound.com] [Main Lyrics Page] [Search Lyrics] [Add Lyrics]

Lyrics Result

richie spice - marijuana
(chorus)
na na na na na na na, yeah
na na na na na na ye
burnin marijuana pon di corna
you keep me calm, you make me smart
burnin on the highway,
it's the highest grane, right in to my head
marijuana pon di corna
you keep calm, you make me smart
burnin on the highway, it's the highest grane
straight in too my head

(verse 1)
At times i bake it sometimes i steam it,
i give it to some of my bredrin and my sistrin who use it,
it's the king of the forest babylon they don't like it,
they chop it up, they heap it up,
and then they destroy it
they stick you,up they knock you up,
they take it for a crime
when its the healin of the nation
bet you neva know,
the healin of the nation

(chorus)

Author: ivana
Return

nattyIsoulJAH

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2005, 07:27:32 AM »

my dad smoke so its different for me but i i dont blame parents for caring dat dere kid smokes herb, coz we no dat da missuse of herb duz have bad sideeffects, used da rite way it duz wanders, but u parents arent thinkin bout dat, if dey dont overstand rasta dey dont overstand ganja smoking, dey think ur just tryna  get stoned. so if ya parents dont like u smokin its noit dere fault dey want da best for dem, but if uno ur doin da rite thing den mabye just dont smoke round ya parents, uno?

Marneenaw

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 07:43:17 PM »

I agree w/ Rasta Nick (Jah Bless) Parents are Human First then Man , Woman, Rasta ,ect. They want to steer you in a way that seems "Positive" and "Right". They may be taking this idea that Ganja is, wrong, gatewy drug that leads to depression and lack of self motivation beacause of what is seen in the propaganda news or what they experienced as youths themselves. Maybe they had friends who got high and acted like fools and were just burn outs that wanted to smoke the herb and do dumb stuff like pick bugers and pluck them @ each other. Regardless. We have our own lives and entitled to our own opinion. The only way to beat opinion is with truth knowlwdge. Research do your homework and contraindicct(typo? [smiley=embarassed.gif]) the mainstream belifes. Herb can be used to sedate people with pain, it used to be used back in the 1700's to pay taxes, can clothe the poor, can enhance the depth of thinking, pull things out of our subconscious into our conscious, I don't know much. Still on my journey.

Respect to All! [smiley=smiley.gif]
Never FORCE your opinions on others
have them open their eyes to it
Stay awake to the ways of the world!!! [smiley=shocked.gif]
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 07:45:54 PM by Marneenaw »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.091 seconds with 21 queries.