Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Your Insperational Lyric of the day  (Read 888 times)

Zack

Your Insperational Lyric of the day
« on: November 04, 2005, 03:14:14 PM »

I'd like to start today's email by announcing the launch of http://www.lyricoftheday.com . this website not only has an archive of all the previous lyrics of the day, but also contains some very interesting resources dealing with religion and culture. I urge you to take a look and feed the fire that is knowledge.

Today's lyric of the day deals with a very controversial topic, and I expect and respect responses and opinions.

Today's topic is the legalization of marijuana. Now before beginning today's opinion, I would like to state that I do not condone the use marijuana,yet am not against legalizing it so that research studies can be done on the many uses for hemp in various industries.

This topic comes from the recent ruling in Denver Colorado where a law was passed, voted on by the people, that makes it legal for adults to posses a maximum of one ounce of marijuana legally.  As stated before, I think that marijuana should be legalized so that research can be done into the many industrial uses for hemp. Some examples of this are paper, rope, fuel, medicines,and many others.

I would like you to respond to this email with a yes or no as to your views on legalization of marijuana and I will post the numbers of the results on the website once they are all in.

And with that said, now for today's lyric of the day:

"It's just another case of political insanity
abusing the rights of humanity.
But we should all plant a seed of this weed that we need
to avoid an ecological calamity.
We can use for paper to save some trees
use it for fuel to save some seas.
Use it for medicines to help fight diseases
and use it for food when we hungry."
--
Legalize it
Pato Banton
--

Zack

Your Insperational Lyric for 11/05/05
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 12:57:59 AM »

Hello, don't forget to visit http://www.lyricoftheday.com

Today's lyric comes from a song that was inspired by the Heavens Gate mass Suicide of 1997.
With so many different religions in the world, and everyone proclaiming that their religion is the best, or most right,
what we often forget is the root of religion. If you overlook the individual teachings, principles, and rituals of all of the
different religions of the world, the one thing that makes them equal and ties them all together is simply a belief in GOD!!

"When I'm watching the news and my daughter walks in and choose to ask,
why were all those people on the floor sleeping, covered in red?
I told her, they were looking for God but found religion instead"
--
Held Down
De La Soul
---

Page created in 0.096 seconds with 19 queries.