Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: star of david  (Read 13355 times)

SeekingRastafari

star of david
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:41:28 PM »

for those that know, what is the significance of the star of david in the rastafarian livity?

IyaRaWarrior

• Regular User
  • The Heart Know Where The Truth Lie
Re: star of david
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2005, 02:20:07 AM »

It has several meanings. One is that it represents the relationship between King David and Haile Selassie I.  Also the relationship that we all have with JAH. The triangle pointing up is our work for JAH and then in return a equal triangle pointing down to us from JAH. Just my thoughts.
Bless
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 02:24:35 AM by lionofjudah4iver »

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 04:44:20 PM »

I carry a Star of David painted in red gold and green that I made Iself.
I carry it for the line of Jah Haile Selassie I, the King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
I carry it as a mark that WE are His people, and as a mark for all RastafarI meaning Love, Respect, Equality, Harmony and so on...

Jah Bless

joeyb

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2005, 05:14:38 PM »

In RastafarI livity, it shows the link to our spiritual roots in the Seed of David. I, as a Selassian Christian use it in the same way, because I believe most Christians (Protestants/Catholics) have forgotten where we come from (that we are a Jewish breakaway group.)

The Star itself has several interpretations. I'll look them up because I'm not really sure what to believe on its symbolism, but One place to look is in Selassie I's famous sign of the Trinity, the two thumbs touching and two indexs touching forming the downwards triangle of the Star.

I have also heard conspiracy-like views (forwarded by Pagans) that the triangles represent JAH (He-God) and Hovah (She-God) representing the God and Goddess of JAH. not sure what to think bout that One, its not the traditional symbolism ive heard of. anyOne any info on this?

OneLove

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2005, 06:44:30 PM »

E.M.HTP!!

The star of david represents the Dog Star

HRY
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

djtonypsalms

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2005, 07:09:04 PM »

FYI --- It's also known as the Seal of Solomon.

ninpinin

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 12:45:32 PM »

it has many titles and is sometimes called a HEXAGRAM, in alchemy it represents the elements , body or basic parts ,,mathematically it is two equilateral triangles  ,one upright and one inverted as one to form a hexagram six sided star and a hexagon in the center , hexa =6 ,there is also something called a merkaba ,[Hebrew ,"chariot "]composed of two interlocking tetrahedron one pointing up one down,it is obviously a very important geometric figure that can influence the mind  of man if he chooses to pursue its meaning ,to receive this knowledge would mean an intimate knowledge of its name origin its numerological signifigence and its symbols, Solomon was the 3 and last king of united Israel and architect of the first temple of Jerusalem which David provided the materials and capital for ,Solomon is said to have had a son with Sheba named Menelik I who would become the first emperor of Ethiopia ,the Solomonic Dynasty ruled Ethiopia for almost a thousand years including the Emperor Haile Salassie who was the last emperor of Ethiopia, so this may be more of a geometric -physic -history -math-kabalistic-religious type of lead in to the star, but that is what it is, a complex glyph representing many physical and spiritual depths of humanity that could not be answered without a lifetime of study,and certainly not simply from one adept to another,look and you will see ,as above so bellow ,Hermes and Thoth may be able to help
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 12:52:58 PM by ninpinin »

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »

E.M.HTP!!!

Ninpin

That Solomon dynasty story is not true for Solomon of the bible doesn't have historical background. The star of David is the 1st representive symbol of the "Dog Star", now known as the star of the "Dogon" of Mail east central africa. These people are direct descendents of the priest of AMUN-RA. The Dog Star is the siruis star (a&b). So this rastafari and solomonic dynasty stuff needs more written proof than the bible and what ethiopia say. In israel records there is no solomon that ruled.

HRW
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 02:52:14 PM by TREE-NATTY »

kinfokedez

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2005, 02:01:08 AM »

Yes Tree...

fill up the potholes with concrete....

bless up

haftrini

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2005, 08:38:06 AM »

That Solomon dynasty story is not true for Solomon of the bible doesn't have historical background. The star of David is the 1st representive symbol of the "Dog Star";, now known as the star of the "Dogon"; of Mail east central africa. These people are direct descendents of the priest of AMUN-RA. The Dog Star is the siruis star (a&b). So this rastafari and solomonic dynasty stuff needs more written proof than the bible and what ethiopia say. In israel records there is no solomon that ruled.

"Further evidence exists of David and Solomon, known biblically as the "founders of the House of David" (referring to the dynasty of kings beginning with David). In northern Israel, at the ancient Tel Dan, archaeologist Avraham Biran discovered a victory inscription dated to the 9th century BCE. A neighboring king, in describing his victories over Israel, writes in unambiguous terms the phrases, "King of Israel" and "Beit David" (House of David)."
http://www.aish.com/societyWork/sciencenature/Archaeology_and_the_Bible_-_Part_2.asp

This same site also says:

"Rarely can an archaeologist claim that "this is the very item the Bible spoke about." Yet Dr. Adam Zartal, chairman of the Department of Archaeology at the University of Haifa, may have done it. Joshua 8:30-35 tells of the fulfillment of Moses' command to build an altar on Mount Eval (Deut. 27). Zartal reports that his excavation team found this very altar. The place is right, the time is right, and the animal bones are consistent with the biblical offerings. Even the style of the altar is right, in such detail, says Zartal, that it looks nearly identical to the description of the Temple's altar as described in the Talmud -- a uniquely Israelite design that no Canaanite temples used then or later."

"As for the issue of encampments [in the Sinai desert] are concerned, it is nearly impossible to find traces of large Bedouin encampments in the Sinai Desert from 200-300 years ago. So would one expect the remains of large encampments after 3,000 years?"

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2005, 08:55:49 PM »

E.m.htp

I'll believe written record instead of pieces of evidents. Found under dirt and rocks. The real KMTic david made sure that everyone would know what he did. And wrote in down in egyptian(MTU NTR).

HRU

jahs_pikny

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 09:32:29 AM »

well...i knew that the star of david represents the perfect spiritual unity between man and women [smiley=smiley.gif]

transpla

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 05:39:11 AM »

maybe because it symbolises the connection between rastas and the original hebrews?

Ras_Bek

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2006, 11:51:18 AM »

I think it is important to note that spiritual symbols often begin as one thing, and then assume many additional things over time. A long, long time ago, I had even read in a book written by a European Jew that the origin was in the Nile Valley, rather than in Jewish culture.

With that said, I think it can be assumed that, like so much of the Metu Neter, there are many facets to all symbols: The union of male and female? The union of Upper and Lower Egypt? The Northern and Southern Kingdoms of Israel? The omnipresence of the Creator? The fact that divine knowledge often appears upright, while in actuality it may be upside down? I've heard all of these explanations and all may very well be valid, but a more important concern might be what positive meanings will we apply to our symbols in THIS day and time?     [smiley=cool.gif]

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2007, 04:08:00 PM »

A beautiful transmission came to I and I regarding this most potent and deeply significant symbol
Jah expressed Iself perfectly in this symbol as the movement and relationship from Heaven to earth and earth to heaven
If we meditate on this symbol much insight will develop
we are a reverse pinnacle expressing an aspect of the most high in flesh, we expand into the oneness and the universe thru our crown chakra, the spiritual hierarchy is within our mental range and communicates upward in expansiveness out into the multiverses to the Most High, this symbol expresses this point that rises in expansiveness and the Most High, from the point of perfection, is the focus for we the people, on the ground, One god, ruler of creation, at the pinnacle of the Heavenly peak
the sun is a manifestation of this radiance of the Most High
and we - the son -have an inner soul sun that radiates from within
on one level that light is all that is and connects everyone and all that exists
and that light is deepest joy, total freedom and complete responsibility - in short total love
and that light is God/Jah/Allah -ah is said to be the universal sound for love
One love!
NYAH
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.