Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Names...  (Read 5598 times)

soljie

Names...
« on: November 17, 2005, 11:58:38 PM »

Bless!

Yesterday i posted a thread about newbies and I get a reaction about my name, I've been here for a while and I started out with the name Soljie. People call me Souljah and that's a name thats been given to me for many reasons. I have it as my dj name as well so yesterday I thought I change soljie into Souljah. Since there is a bredren named Soul-jah I changed the a to @, afcourse I never think about that that's a disrespectfull thing to do in the eyes of the Almighty. I change back my name to soljie now but then I say to myself, why do people pick a certain name? Call it curiousity...

[glb]BLESSED LOVE![/glb]

BLING_BLAOH

Re: Names...
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2005, 02:00:29 AM »

Rememba mi name used to be BLING BLAOH. People still ah call mi dat suh me use it as a nickname. But for a upcoming Rasta deejay like miself, BLING BLAOH sound like a vanity-worshipper's name. Suh mi change it to Speedy BLING. Mi get de name BLING BLAOH when mi deh inna 8TH true mi had braces pon mi teeth back den and it used to blind people when mi show mi teeth inna de sun. Speedy Gonzales ah mi favorites cartoon character. Suh mi combine de two ah dem and suh mi change mi name to Speedy BLING.

soljie

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2005, 02:08:04 AM »

Blessed! Good to hear more and more peeps who start spin tunes choose the Cultural path! (that is if I understand yuh right [smiley=rolleyes.gif]) Seems like the name fit yuh fi true!

one love

Amish2

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 08:10:12 PM »

um...well im amish cos my names amy and i hava friend called mara ans sum how we got the nicknames mash and amish!

bporcher

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 11:02:52 PM »

haha well my names ben

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 11:53:43 PM »

hahahah nice one ben. you da man! umm my name's Jonathan  but people  these days call me Jon, JR, J-Ross or Nacho (Big Nach!). The Nacho one is my nickname from spanish class. [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 01:20:25 AM »

Greetings and peace.

My name is M-Dub which is short for Midnight Watcher (M to the W, M-Dub). Midnight Watcher represents many things. It represents my consciousness of the darkness that surrounds this earth, it represents my consciousness of the rebirth which occurs at Midnight, going from a past day to a new one. It also represents the things I see when trodding the earth, especially at night. Many more things are represented, but this is a little.  [smiley=smiley.gif]

One

Jah bless

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 02:35:18 AM »

Greetings and peace.

My name is M-Dub which is short for Midnight Watcher (M to the W, M-Dub). Midnight Watcher represents many things. It represents my consciousness of the darkness that surrounds this earth, it represents my consciousness of the rebirth which occurs at Midnight, going from a past day to a new one. It also represents the things I see when trodding the earth, especially at night. Many more things are represented, but this is a little.  [smiley=smiley.gif]

One

Jah bless

Have you ever listened to Midnite? Check out these lyrics...

"Day is not counted from daylight, but from midnight"

"Oh gash
Black is the color of our Solar System
Out of blackness was born the light
Black is the color of the whole universe
Your morning starts with darkness
Did not your morning start with darkness
Did not this morning start with darkness
Well so does tonight
Alpha alpha and omega I
The beginning and the end"

One love

Magnus

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 08:10:36 PM »

Magnus is my real name and I couldn't be bothered to think of a nick so I just used that.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2005, 10:15:19 PM »

Day is not counted from daylight, but from midnight"

"Oh gash
Black is the color of our Solar System
Out of blackness was born the light
Black is the color of the whole universe
Your morning starts with darkness
Did not this morning start with darkness
Well so does tonight
Alpha alpha and omega I
The beginning and the end"

That's exactly it. Better than I could explain in words.  [smiley=grin.gif] I will have to find Midnite and listen a little. Thanks for that.

One

Jah bless

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 01:27:15 AM »

Joannderella is the name that the man i consider to be my true father on this earth, who raised me, and loved me unconditionally, more than my biological father ever did, gave me as a teenager. it is a twist on cinderella, as i complained bitterly when asked to perform chores, and wanted to go out with my freinds. he would say "joannderella, you shall go to the blues. just wash the dishes before you go!" it is a testament to the love he showed me, and has stuck even though i am all grown up!
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Jazzy

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2005, 05:54:15 PM »

Jazzy is a nick name my friends gave me back when I was out and about with my wild ways, it comes from the song Jazzy Belle by Outkast which is a form of Jezabel which is the harlot who was killed in Christianity's bible....I dropped the Belle from it since I have turned my back on those wicked ways but keep the Jazzy as a reminder of how unhappy I was back then and the divine happiness that I have found after leaving all that behind me.

nattyrasta4life

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 10:36:39 PM »

Ahhhhhhhhh I na bada put fe me real name wen I sign op me na care bah I real name a Kenishiah pepal call me kenisha or kennie a feme friendz cant say I name so dem call I dah. Me luv deh name af me brodaz Adanijiah,Malikiah,Jermiah,beniah,Tnyahs
I sista namez r crystaliah,Fieyah,Nazaiyah,Sheliannah dem all have a shot name
AdA,maleyo,jermaine,ben,tony,crystal,coddage,nazie,sheila)

wha ya favarite name?????

Praise Da Most Highest Jah Rastafari Jah Bless!!!!!! [smiley=wink.gif]

sponger_mann

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2005, 07:25:11 PM »

my name was given to me when i stopped surfing for a while and picked up bodyboarding(boogieboarding). some people call a bodyboard a sponge cause its made of a spongy foam. when i ride a sponge down a wave i stand up and thats when my bredren say "Go sponga mon! Yeah!". see, most people lay on the board down the wave that why everyone laugh and dub me Sponger Mann. I havnt ridden a sponge in a while but they still call me that.

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 21 queries.