Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Nyabinghi  (Read 9167 times)

nattydreadman

Nyabinghi
« on: November 28, 2005, 08:14:11 PM »

Greetings Bredren and Sistren

I tryin ta learn about the Nyabinghi. anyone got info or could tell I. Iman be most blessed by any information.

One Love

rootsman

Re: Nyabinghi
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 08:38:29 PM »

InI not no much about Nyabinghi, but can tell the I this.
Nyabinghi was a legendary amazon queen.
In the early 20th century there was a mouvement against colonialism in Uganda (not sur) which was led by a wombman named Muhumusa who was said to be possesed by Nyabinghi.
That is what InI has been told. hope this helped.

satafijah

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 11:36:01 PM »

greetins
if its the Nyabinghi Tribe or group as you so may call it then u can go to this website :   http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/rastafari/subdivisions/nyahbinghi.shtml

just copy and paste.  its got some good info but in some areas of the website they do have some babylonian defenitions of some things. but overal, its alright

Blessins

Jah Luv

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2005, 02:05:55 PM »

Ises,
Here is a link that is the most Ifficial Ini could find.
http://www.nyahbinghi.org/

In I opinion and according to Istorical fact, Nyahbhinghi is the root of Rastafari.  It is the root from which all other branches spring forth.  Nyahbhinghi was the first to proclaim Emperor Haile Selassie I as the Christian Christ returned in flesh, according to His titles.  The Bobo Ashanti branch of Rastafari was established around 1958/1959 under The Rt. Honorable Prince Charles Emmanuel VII.(I might be incorrect on the dates)  The 12 Tribes Movement followed closely behind spearheaded by Prophet Gad(Vernon Carrington) who dealt with the celestial connection of ones earthday to ones position in the 12 Tribes of Israel.  The 12 Tribes movement seperated itself from the movement a bit in 1997 on an Irie FM radio interview when Gadman proclaimed that Emperor Haile Selassie I was not
Je-sus Christ returned but basically an icon of Christ.  Rasta nah war with Rasta but this declaration strained the vibes internally for a lot of Rastafari.  Finally there are the Orthodox, who attend Ethiopian Tewehdo Church but who praise Haile Selassie I as the Christ of this time.  These all have their roots in the Nyahbhinghi Order.
 This term also refers to the gathering of the King's children for Hola(holy) days such as the Coronation-Nov. 2, the Emperor & Empress' Earthstrongs - 7/23 & 3/25, Groundation Day( Ilebration of the Emperor's visit to Jamaica)-4/21, Marcus Garvey's Earthstrong-8/17, Ethiopian Christmas-1/7.  
 These gatherings are the closest thing that an outsider may identify as church but in actuality are a little bit different than a church service.  The difference is that there are only elders and never a pastor nor a sermon, as Rastafari know the difference between righteousness and the contrary.  The gathering is composed of the burning of herbs, reasoning about life and global happenings, the chanting of scriptures usually Psalms and the beating of drums.
 These drums are triune in number with the order being carried by the "Thundah Bass, then by the Fundeh and then by the Kete'(Repeater).  One must learn to play the drums in that order, so that the harmony should be upheld by all players of the instruments.

Idren,
the link I provided will give a lot more information with a whole heapa links, so check dat.

Rastafari Bless

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2005, 02:22:56 PM »

Greetings in the name of the Head Creator HAILE SELASSIE

just to add to that brilliant over view from bredren negus
NYAHBINGHI means death to black and white opressors a impartial trod for justice
binghi believe in word sound and power that the chanting around the burro drum carries a mystical force capable of destroying the weak heart of the oppresor this is were bob marley got the phrase ''we gonna chant down babylon''
binghi are also known as mystical rastafari studying the laws of nature and cosmology for example, the sun represents the father, the moon the mother or holy spirit and the stars the people of jah, binghi are also known to have the strictest livity among rasta more can be found on that on bredren ARK-I site that negus give the link to. i would also encourage any one wanting more info on binghi or any other house to read earths most strangest man by elder mortimor planno heres the link http://www.rism.org/planno/toc.html for those interested

peace and love
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 02:40:19 PM by soul-jah »
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

kinfokedez

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2005, 11:45:52 PM »

Roots...

Nyabhingi is in deed the Iriginal heartbeat of Creation...
the slow bass drum open up our grasp section....

and we fill it with Ila chants
bout liberation,truth, rights, justice
for all righteous folks and nations
for it is InI weapon of righteousness

so one maintains a clean structure
by eating right,

and maintaining a clean heart....

the elements of Creation are combined
heat, air, water, earth, when passing
the chalice...

and the sweat of high melanated people
combined with copper jewelry and magnets
acts as a conductor, and creates energy...
which fills the air and becomes 'electric'

and it can get cloudy....
and rain...
and even lightening.....

is really the closest thing to the 'Mystery School'
system of Kemet
as it combines all Iriginal elements,
the drum, ankh science
and melanated skin.....

bless up for the scrolls for bringin lost memories forward....

Wastamama

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2005, 01:22:40 PM »

Can anyone tell me about the story of the Godess spoken about in the Nyabinghi Order?

Give Thanx!

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.