Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Is this disrespectful or am I too sensitive?!  (Read 4744 times)

The_Lioness

Is this disrespectful or am I too sensitive?!
« on: November 29, 2005, 04:46:17 PM »

Greetings, I just read a short article on Busta Rhymes cutting off his dreads and found what he proclaimed just before cutting them slightly disrespectful to what they actually stand for, maybe its me.

"..Busta Buss has chopped of his dreads after 15 years, opting instead for a low-key short back and side style barnet. “This is it kid,” Busta exclaimed as he prepared to cut his hair. “I haven’t felt clippers touch the side of my head in 15 years. Y’all gonna see the sexiest head you’ve ever seen in your life when I’m finished”[/u]."

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
Re: Is this disrespectful or am I too sensitive?!
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 05:53:14 PM »

Ises,
Busta Rhymes being half Jamaican and being in the street culture as he is knows about Rastafari.  He just chose a different path to trod ie Islam under the sect of 5 percenters.  Lioness in this time it is only Rastafari that blazes out vanity with no apology to babylon.  Most ones fall prey to vanity everytime and maybe busta is no different.  As being one who had roots at age 14 & 15 and then chopped them off because they didn't feel right, only to start them over two years later, Ini know that Busta's conscience shall make him feel a way.

Rastafari

empress_mimi

• Full User
  • forward unto zion
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 04:02:05 PM »

some a rasta and some a dread, fashion dread rent a dread etc,you have a right to feel offended seeing as how this behaviour doesnt help the rastafarian movement.
its funny when i was in the church christianity, the actions of one or two so called christians made all of us look bad.even some rastas had a lot of judgemental things to say and now its vice versa for me i see a lot of rastas being persecuted by christians   frauds are everywhere what can u do be positive and attract positivity regardless of denomination
one love mi idrin

alex

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2005, 06:36:22 AM »

5 percenters/..whoever they are, are defintly not muslims...

EmpressGong

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 04:43:40 PM »

Bless

To answer your question You are being to sensitive!
Look at wyclef, lauren hill, india arie now busta..its not surprising he cut them off.. i see it as personal evolution. None of them have ever claimed Rastafari TO MY KNOWLEDGE. so they are just going through their personal processes. I know I couldnt do it but hey.

EmpressGong

Jazzy

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2005, 10:10:27 PM »

I thought he was alot sexier with the dreads........

burn_down_babylon

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2005, 11:31:48 AM »

You don't neccessarily have to have dreads to be a Rasta, from what I can tell the whole dread thing only started in the 50s after news reports of the Mau Mau uprising reached Jamaica.

Amandel

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 01:53:09 PM »

You're way too sensitive for no reason,
Busta never claimed to be rasta, and from your question i know you don't have locks, because ask anyone that does. It's hard parting with them since they've become part of you, and it's even harder if you got them for religious reasons. I've seen a man cry because a kid cut ONE strand of his locks jokingly. It was cry or beat that child, he opted for the first.

The_Lioness

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 08:04:44 PM »

i heard him on some american programme being up haile selassie which is why i asked as i thought he was a ras, if im wrong fair do's

rasbongo

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2005, 03:22:39 PM »

fashion dreads, him getting new style, him was never rastafari.

selah.

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.