Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Cycle of arguing  (Read 27673 times)

ArkI

Cycle of arguing
« on: December 16, 2005, 04:57:15 AM »

This reasoning is a reaction to some arguing that has occured on I website.  But it also applies here many times in the existence of this forum.  Rasta Nick knows this well, because he has seen it come and go many times

-----------------------------------------

This reasoning isn't about one particular person. It is about all. If you think that this doesn't apply to you then that is for you to decide (whether right or wrong). If it does, then hopefully you will learn from it. I don't know everything that was said in the cycle of argument that has erupted on this forum. I started reading but the useless arguments took up too much space and the Useful reasonings were too spread apart and I wasn't in the mood for sifting through arguments.

I don't like drinking a glass of vinegar just because I know that there is a little honey added to it. I would much rather drink the straight honey, or at the very least a glass full of honey with a little vinegar in it.

----------------

Usefulness is the essence of reasoning. Uselessness is the essence of Arguing.

Upliftment is the essence of reasoning. Downpression is the essence of Arguing.

Fighting for a cause will come from reasoning. Fighting for foolishness will come from arguing.

So often in the world, people are sparked by an argument about something valid, then the cycle of arguing resonates until the argument becomes about anything that follows, whether valid or not.

This happens in personal relationships between freinds and family and also between a man and woman couple. It also happens between groups of people, whether the grouping is about a common opinion, ideology, nationality, skin colour or whatever else.

For example, sometimes a person might become angry about something their spouse does. Sometimes they speak about this problem to their spouse and sometimes they do not. But what often happens afterwards is that one picks on the other about some small foolishness, and then the other picks back about some other small foolishness. This cycle resonates back and forth getting worse and worse until the breaking point.

Another example, two people or two groups have a difference of opinion and start arguing about the difference. Or one person or group offends the other and the arguing erupts. Then, as it escalates and resonates, the two start looking for arguments. And many times the arguments that follow would never be an argument if the first argument didn't happen.

What I mean by this is that one person could make a statement that wouldn't cause a bad reaction at all under normal circumstances. But when that same statement is made during the cycle of argument, the other will react with argument and offence. And the argument or offence that follows really has little to do with what was said, but it is rooted in that first argument that started the cycle.

Please consider what I am saying when you speak with others. Look for reasoning, not debate. Debate is about confrontation. Reasoning is about Iverstanding and Upliftment.

So before you react in argument, relax for a second, take in what was said and make sure that it is something worthy of an argument and worthy of the time, energy and stress involved. And ensure that you are not going to react only because of the resonance of a previous argument.

I guess for some people this won't really matter, because it seems that some people must enjoy arguing or something, that is probably why so many couples argue and so many people argue. Although I can't Iverstand what the joy is in this. I know that I much rather prefer Reasoning.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

rasbongo

• Senior User
Re: Cycle of arguing
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 02:58:29 PM »

Good words Ark I.

Rasta_Man_410

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 05:39:36 PM »

Very good words Ark. Bredren you hit the nail on the head with that one. People, he's right. There is too much arguing here, and I myself even get sucked in to it. Let's all try to be peaceful and not  hateful.

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 01:23:20 AM »

Great words Bredren, hope the whole forum read this and overstand that you are right about this... Keep up the GREAT reasoning !

Jah Bless

jin

Re: basic questions need answers
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 09:31:14 PM »

Greetings all..

i have a couple of basic quaestions of Rastafari,which i have never had a satisfactory answer to.Im not trying to disrespect anybody here but i do feel that unles their is a satisfatory answers,rastafari as a distinct spiritual or religous ideology is baseless..

my first question:
haile selasssie never calimed divinity,in fact he and his family denied it very strongly.He didnt achieve anything of significance during his rule, was assasinated prematurely by mere mortals, and to top it all off his body rotted away underneath a toilet .....
how then such a mans life transalate as diefication or avatar of the almighty?
Africa is not free after selassie i...ethiopia has massive problems of povery...nobody reeally wants to move to africa...only 200/300 people are left in the spaces allocated for repatriation.

question 2:rasta and the bible

The bible has been altered for centuries,so their is hardly anything authentic left...how many rastas histroically(certainly not bob marley) can speak armaic or hebrew...their is no scholarly tradition in rasta history, but it calims to be based on a true reading of the bible,a bible written and bought to them by white man?

what is the scriptural basis of rasta fari..but how many rastascholars ahve studided armaic or can understand the language of the real bible..not an english version?I dont think they have ever been any.

whilst i understand the psychological and spiritual need for a religous ideology in which the blakc man can coem to terms with his own divinity it seems that the foundations of rastafari has no historical or factual basis,other than a wishful imposition of a psychological and human need into a situation that did in reality not fit it.

i can understand the dilema of black people outside their own continent.especially when they have been forced there through slavery...and i acknowledge that rastafari and noi and other such sects reflect the evolution of black spirituality  towards a a greater truth whatever that may be.To me it seems liek a lesser truth or a falsehod that is necessary and thus truth at a certain level of reality.

i just dont understand how people can worship someone as divine who was failure,was buried under a toilet,did not achieve any great social or spiritual change,denied being divine,his family were not believers...and then to  base your religion on a text which on the one hand you claim has been the source of oppression as your holy text..even when no one in the culture has any tradition linking them to the authentic intepretation of it....

i mean i understand rastafari as a feeling..getting intouch with the divinity within as black man...but all religous and spiritual ideologies to be self validatin and become useful on a cultural level,have to be authorised by the divine itself, have to have a prohpet and have to stand up to historical and factual analysis..
in the case of the rastafari religion and the culture that evolved from it,all these criteria aere not only not met,but on the basis of even a cursory look,falsified and mere conjectures of wishful thinking?

please anybody enlighten...

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2005, 06:00:32 PM »

Blessings

@jin
Well, you certainly brought new questions into this topic. I can only assume you posted them here because as a new member you are not yet allowed to start your own topics, and your impatience has gotten the better of you.  [smiley=smiley.gif]  Well, there is a reason why "newbies" can't start a topic. Usually the questions posed can already be found somewhere within this forum. So that is what I will suggest to you. If you are genuinely interested in learning about Rastafari, then take the time to read what's already written here by many members. I'll even give you a little help...some members who bring great reasonings are:

Ark I - the originator of this thread, who without a doubt always gives reasonings that ones can ponder and grow with.

Kinfokedez - a bredren who posts rarely but again, always brings a wisemind.

Tree-Natty - has much information on the origins of Afraka and Khamitic teachings.

FiyahBun - who reasons with a mystical vibration, a perspective that validates Rastafari in a spiritual way.

EmpressGong - who is the sweetest sistren but will burn you with that fierce truth.

ital - also brings a varied perspective of Rastafari

NegusNegustiality - a bredren who can validate the effectiveness and divineness of HIM and the Rastafari faith within and without the Bible.

msgal - a sistren who always reasons from a heartical, personal perspective.

M-Dub - an intelligent bredren most knowledgeable on the benefits of herb.

Rasta Nick - last but certainly not least, the owner and moderator of this forum, Nick is always available to ask anything.

I am sure I have missed several very informative members within this list. But if you take the time to read through existing threads, you will have a better foundation with which to base your questions.

For me personally, I find Rastafari to be a blend of spiritual and physical movement towards the ideal while most other faiths will only encompass one aspect or the other. Regardless of the Bible, regardless of how HIM is viewed on an individual level, regardless of the current state of black issues in the world, if one follows the tenets and teachings of the Rastafari faith and the words of HIM, whether they be black, white or any shade in-between they will reflect the Divinity of Jah and be free men and wombmen. Through this awakening, one will come to see HIM as Divinity, Jah in flesh for providing a way to spiritual AND physical Zion for all humankind, each as their natural selves, living harmoniously, as Jah intended.

If after researching the forum you still have certain questions, then let us begin to reason with humblestanding.

Be blessed, and Jah Guide!
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 10:10:48 PM by Carla »

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2005, 06:13:41 PM »

me [smiley=cry.gif]
[smiley=laugh.gif]
you sure bob didnt speak amharic?
jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2005, 12:16:43 PM »

Greetings
JIN you ask many Questions but first you give your own opinions and assumptions
clear your mind from what you have read or heard, reason with a open heart and the truth will be revealled in true time

Haile Selassie I is the ALMIGHTY
in society we have it drummed into our concious that god lives in the clouds
this is what we hear from teachers,parents,elders,the media, from a early age.
it is integrated into the very fabric of our being, so much so it is very hard to see things through real eyes, this is why many of us reject the truth. the truth being that christ has returned, not to spread the message of peace but to judge, to judge mankind,this is HIS divine right, if you know it, believe it, or like it
is irrelevant, YOU WILL be judged, by your words,actions, and beliefs

Haile Selassie I is not a mean man but is kind generous, and fair, this is why he revealed his self for all to see as a humble man, with great dignity,pride, and honour
he is even inclined to forgive as he has shown us in the way he treated the italian invaders,

so i am saying to one and all on this forum to open up your hearts to his imperial majesty, if you take one step towards him he will take two towards you, i know this through personal experiance,  for many years i used his name while denouncing his divinity, I thought if he truelly is what many believe him to be then why hasnt he said this in his many speeches, the fact is he has, but only too those that have a clear concious and search with real eyes do this and he will be revealled to you but reject him and he will reject you

if ive offended anyone im not going to apologise cos if I did id be id be a liar,
as a representative of HIM i deal with truth and rights, so im not open to reason on this matter it is truth and non debatable

peace and love
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

kinfokedez

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2006, 01:00:36 AM »

jin...

One of the finest qualities Rastafari people possess is HUMBLESTANDING....

its a quality that prohibits us from  marching into someone elses house, and DECLARE THE HOUSEHOLD ILLIGITIMATE IF IT DOES NOT GIVE SATISFACTORY EVIDENCE OF ITS FOUNDATION.

wrong approach

Love4All

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2006, 04:17:36 PM »

ARK I your words are wise and truthful

Ras_Gideon

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 09:27:04 PM »

Ark, InI is truely a wise brother, keep spreading the truth!

jin as to the pionts you made  regarding the Ible being a white man's book, that is true depending on which Ible you read, personally i follow the coptic Ible, that is of the coptic church founded by St Mark (the apostle)merely decades after the death of jesus, fullfilling the words of scripture in Isaiah which related to the gracing of the land in which jesus grew up(egypt)
the coptic church has had nothing to do with the rest of the "communion" since the meeting of chalidon in the 4th century. and as far as the coptic church is concerned Jesus was never white, look at coptic icons. The ethiopian church, of which HIM was and avid member has taken its arch bishop from the pope n eygpt since the foundation of the Ethiopian church, it only became fully independent under HIM.
also remeber as Haile Salasie was a devout christian, Jesus was a devout Jew. the pattern is clear
Jesus never claimed divinity either, it was Pilate who reffered to him as "the king of the jews"
my avice as far as the reading of the scriptures in their original text; for the old testament find a rabbi who is fluent in hebrew, but find in it what you are to find in it, do not listen to the rabbi's interpritation only translation
as for the new testament, speak to the priests of the coptic and greek othodox churchs for they will have the best translations.

Love4All

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2006, 07:54:46 AM »

ARK, I must say I am becoming quite a fan of yours.  You are a strong and wise person, I love reading your posts. Your words have helped me gain much perspective. What you have said about the Cycle of arguing is very true!

Mojojojo

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2006, 06:09:46 AM »

as am i, i find your writings very deep and though filled i thank you.

Ras_Chukwuma

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2006, 12:17:42 AM »

Great post Ark.

Ganja

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 05:19:10 PM »

I belive that arguing isn't bad till a certain point, cause its a kinda discussion, ya defend ya point of view, argue why ya belive in it, and such things. So right now i am arguing that argument isn't bad untill it turns to violence, it is a natural thing, ya can argue peacefuly and ya can argue agressively, violently, it just depends on ya caracture, which ya can model .

I also dont see much logic and really i think there is no point of this ya statement :
"...I don't like drinking a glass of vinegar just because I know that there is a little honey added to it. I would much rather drink the straight honey, or at the very least a glass full of honey with a little vinegar in it. ....."

have faith.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.