Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Author Topic: Cycle of arguing  (Read 27685 times)

ArkI

Re: Cycle of arguing
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2006, 05:15:17 AM »

Ganja,

I will show you the point of I statement.

Here was that statement in the context that it was relating to:
----------------------------
This reasoning isn't about one particular person. It is about all. If you think that this doesn't apply to you then that is for you to decide (whether right or wrong). If it does, then hopefully you will learn from it. I don't know everything that was said in the cycle of argument that has erupted on this forum. I started reading but the useless arguments took up too much space and the Useful reasonings were too spread apart and I wasn't in the mood for sifting through arguments.

I don't like drinking a glass of vinegar just because I know that there is a little honey added to it. I would much rather drink the straight honey, or at the very least a glass full of honey with a little vinegar in it.
----------------------------

This reasoning was a result of some useless fussing and fighting that was going on in I website forum.  I was explaining why I didn't bother reading all the fussing and fighting in the topic.  Most of the words posted in the topic were vileness, insults and vanity, that is the vinegar.  There might have also been some useful reasonings (honey) buried amongst the vileness.  But the insults and vanity was too much and I felt it was vanity to read through pages of foolishness, just for the chance that a small amount of honey was mingled with the wickedness.

And when I said this:
---------------------
I would much rather drink the straight honey, or at the very least a glass full of honey with a little vinegar in it.
---------------------

I was explaining that I would rather read through pages of useful reasonings.  Or at the very least, pages of useful reasonings with a little bit of arguments and insults here and there.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: April 16, 2006, 05:17:08 AM by ArkI »

Ganja

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2006, 07:36:38 AM »

I see ya point, and understand where ya goin with it Ark I.

I just ment to say not all arguing is bad, thats all.

Respect ya way of seein things.

ArkI

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2006, 04:12:09 AM »

Ganja,

The reason I made that message was because you said,
------------------------------------
I also dont see much logic and really i think there is no point of this ya statement :  
"...I don't like drinking a glass of vinegar just because I know that there is a little honey added to it. I would much rather drink the straight honey, or at the very least a glass full of honey with a little vinegar in it. ....."

I was explaining the point of it, not responding to what you said about arguing.

In regards to what you said about arguing, it is not necessary to argue, and although all of us argue from time to time, I and I can learn to reason without arguing. When RasTafarI people speak, I and I call it Reasoning, because I and I are not debating, but Reasoning when we speak, and also I and I speak with a reason and purpose.  Here is a reasoning I made before about reasoning.

This is a post I made on I own forum a short time ago about how I sight reasoning.  Sometimes I may stray from reasoning, but I try my best to keep I discussions in this way.

Reasoning is about speaking with a reason to speak.

Reasoning is also about speaking as One mind.

People usually debate instead of reasoning. I have seen this on so many forums, and I have seen it among people around I. I will explain what I see as debating. And then I will explain what I see as reasoning, and how it differs from debating.

When two people "debate", they each are trying to defend an opinion against the other. So one person only speaks about the good parts about their opinion, and never brings up the bad or the weak parts. The other person does the same thing about their opinion. Both are trying to "prove" that what they say is "right".

I remember in school, when they would hold debates, they would tell one person to defend the opinion given to them, and the other to defend the opinion given to them. They were encouraged to debate this opinion whether they agreed with it or not, it was just assigned to them.

This exercise in school helps people become better at debating, but doesn't help them come closer to the truth. It actually helps people get farther from the truth, because they are training theirself to only see the good parts of their opinion, and if they see any bad parts, they are encouraged to develop an argument to discount this criticism of their opinion, by hiding it in a maze of words, filled with snares. This maze can even hide these things from our own self, letting us believe a falsehood that we have already seen as false, making us fall in our own pit, and getting us caught in our own trap.

Reasoning is not debating, it is very different. If you are thinking through an issue in your own mind, where there are two possible choices and you need to decide which is the right choice. You don't debate against yourself to come to the truth, you REASON in your head. You weigh the good and bad of both choices and compare the weights to decide what choice you should make.

When I and I reason, I and I need to reason as One, or as close to One as I and I can be at the time. So that all people who are reasoning work as One mind, to come closer to the truth. When I and I reason like this, then we will not waste time trying to find ways to defend our opinions, but I and I will spend this time looking at our opinions, and if I and I see a strength and truth about the opinion, then I and I can speak it, and if I and I see a weakness, then I and I can speak it.

This will lead to truth, and it will lead to Inity and Oneness.

Come we go Reason now

http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1074196474;start=0#0

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2006, 04:30:45 AM »

Blessings

Give thanks for posting the difference between reasoning and debating, Ark I. I had not looked at it from that perspective.

Be blessed.

Queen_dread

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2006, 07:59:56 PM »

If you were in africa  i iwlli call you WISE MAN  lets talk and walk the talk
jah bless

Bro.SimeonTafari

• Regular User
  • EACH ONE TEACH ONE! iGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2006, 10:46:29 AM »

greetings of Love
Rastafari

Tenastalign!

give thanks for the love and the forum to reason over the cycle of negativity caused by arguements. Peace will reign in all I days and all I prayers.
Igzhbier Yim masgan!

As to Jin the guest who contributed a series of queries God Bless . I hope that I can help in anyway. I am learning Amharic and have many teachers both Rastafarian and Non who I regularly reason with. I am teaching English in Ethiopia National School in Debre Zeyit. Nearby Is a restaurant which is owned by an Ethiopian who was The Marley Family Amharic teacher and spent many years together with the family.
I hope this will add some help to your understanding of what certain people do in order to rasie awareness of HIM and The teachings of Rastafari and Christian Livity.
It is always useful to challenge ourselves in all we do.
I am a Bible student first and foremost and try in my life to learn and develop my livity to resemeble The life of His Majesty and Christ Jesus.
I use a schofield study Bible and a metaphysical Bible Dictionary as well as having several good dictionaries of language available.
I find Intellectual discourse part of the requirement the "flesh life" requires until salvation. I have managed to make my own lifestyle such that self sufficiency is achieved and from there i can extend help to others and the needy.
I spend more of my time in the spiritual livity and praying. Giving Thanks for All we have and have not.
I am aware of a lot of people having cocnerns over why some people do this and not all. All i can really say is that Each One Teach One.
I also ask the question to those who see Rastafari as "Ganja" and "rebels with
natty dreadlocks"  Did you ever see His Majesty Smoking?
I think not although I would Love to see any documentation to show otherwise.
All I can think Is Love is The greatest gift we can give, recieve and share so LET JAH LOVE shine bright!
Peace and Love
Igzahbier Yim mas Gan!
Glory Be to Words Sounds And Power
Bro. Simeon Tafari
IGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!!

BlackBeauty

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 11:36:56 AM »

Greetings

Ark I, I appreciate your words, you don't get nothing positive from arguing. Do you think this is because we each think we are right and that we want the other to accept that? I think Nick should put this in as part of the forum rules [smiley=wink.gif].

When you was talking about school debates I remember when I was studying Religous Education. When we had our debates we had to balance the argument out. We couldn't say I'm right and your wrong. So if I made a point in my own defence I had to make a point in seeing the other side of the debate. There's no ying without yang.

I also see where you are coming from with wasting energy on fooliness in the forum. After reading a offensive post I found comfort in your words and realised that there are more important things to reason about. Half the time I read posts because I am still learning, I will question later. Thank you all the same.

Jah Bless
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 11:38:19 AM by BlackBeauty »

rasfreeform

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 11:23:31 AM »

Greetings Jin
                   In response to your questioning of the divinity Haile Sellassie I, hear me on this: look at a picture of Haile Sellassie I. What do you see in His face? In The Bible it is written that God made man in His own image. Yet the image of humankind, over the globe, is always changing. When I look at His face, I see features reminisent of all the different tribes on the planet. And I mean ALL. I've never seen another face with that quality. Have you? Regarding your comments on The Bible, there's much reasoning that could take place regarding the authenticity of it, considering that there are different versions available, but I'm reminded of a documentary that aired some months back on channel 4, called Who wrote The Bible?. The presenter  opened with lots of questions, and also found some answers. Crucially though, at the end of the programme, he still had questions and summed up with one sentence- 'Either you believe it, or you don't'. I Belieive what I believe, I find wisdom from many different sources. It may be theat you don't feel things the same way. But that doesn't take away anything from the credibility of what I beleive.
peace and blessings.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 05:50:18 AM »

Greeting Blessed Jah people,
I am wondering where all the Ital souls mentioned in this thread have gone.
I hope I have done nothing to offend.
I was afraid that being a White Rasta wombman as some might label I would cause some ripples, but its is unconscious of I, but I love of Rasta brought I here.
Please if I offend with I presence, could the I Raspect I enuff to tek it up wid I?
I know I come on strong sometimes, is the Lioness in I .
Like I tell I brother, I love you enuff to tell you the truth.

But compassion I try always deliver, so cause you hurt will neva be I intention and if I am clumsy enuff coz of ignorance, can Blessed Idren love I enuff to let I know?
Blessings and One Love
Nya
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »

Ark I, give thanks bredren for the info it was very useful for I in all InI relationships, I've learned to agree to disagree.    To the I this is only some words you wrote, to InI it put most of I personal relations in proper perspective, THANX AGAIN!

Quote from: NyaInIJahLove link=topic=2379.    msg57103#msg57103 date=1172638218
Greeting Blessed Jah people,
I am wondering where all the Ital souls mentioned in this thread have gone.   
I hope I have done nothing to offend.   
I was afraid that being a White Rasta wombman as some might label I would cause some ripples, but its is unconscious of I, but I love of Rasta brought I here.   
Please if I offend with I presence, could the I Raspect I enuff to tek it up wid I?
I know I come on strong sometimes, is the Lioness in I .   
Like I tell I brother, I love you enuff to tell you the truth.   

But compassion I try always deliver, so cause you hurt will neva be I intention and if I am clumsy enuff coz of ignorance, can Blessed Idren love I enuff to let I know?
Blessings and One Love
Nya

What do you mean when you say "White Rasta Wombman"?

and

What does it mean to be white?

Sistren I do not mean to offend the I so don't be defensive in your response.     InI would just like reason instead or argue in the spirit of this thread.     you stated that the I want to reason with an Ital Soul and I believe I fit that description.   

"come mek we go reason now"
« Last Edit: March 01, 2007, 08:20:43 PM by Ras_Nevoe »
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 11:28:46 PM »

Greetings Ras,
  Well it was a reaction to some of the things posted on the board bout "sons and dawtas of the oppressors" and tings like dat, Bred.
I was feeling sensitive that a lot of the folk who were coming here when I joined this forum stopped posting shortly after I arrived and I wondered if I had upset them, maybe it is I anglo-europeanness, which I don't really identify with as "my" culture, or I feminine perspective as an empowered wombman, having birthed and raising 7 youth with I Blessed supportive Kingman,Radic-Al.
I want to relate on this forum simply as another Rasta, and not as "white" but the colour prejudice seems to be an issue with some,overstandably really, but perhaps not appropriate when addressing Ras,coz many of we RAs continue to strive to overcome such divisivenesses,as One multi-shaded Body of Loving Truth.
Bless up Bred
I hope this clarifies tings
can the I overstand where I am coming from?
Nya

Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 12:36:05 AM »

BLESS UP NYA

From one very Rasta, Rastawombman, InI am blessed to have bumped into the I's pressence here at Nick's.  To not have been able to engage with the I would have been a blessing missed in InI's life.  Colour in this case is NONE BUT A WORD.  A word of NO significance at that.  Keep on Loving Jah and sharing that Love in the Rasta Movement.

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 05:05:49 AM »

Quote from: NyaInIJahLove link=topic=2379.  msg57178#msg57178 date=1172788126
I want to relate on this forum simply as another Rasta, and not as "white" but the colour prejudice seems to be an issue with some,overstandably really, but perhaps not appropriate when addressing Ras,coz many of we RAs continue to strive to overcome such divisivenesses,as One multi-shaded Body of Loving Truth. 

InI Iverstand what the I is saying, and although InI agree with that sentiment, I would be deceiving the I if I said that the idea of a "white" rastafarian doesn't make me uncomfortable.   Allow me to explain why.  

I am a student of the Counter_Racism Project which is a Code/ Concept/ System for victims of racism (VOR) white supremacy.    InI have interviewed and reasoned with many "white" people, and InI has learned that the primary tools of Racism (white supremacy) is deceit and the manipulation of words to control non-white people.   When a person refers to themself as "white" we are taught that, that person is automatically a "racist suspect".   

In my last reply I asked: "what does it mean to be white"?
you addressed that question with the above quote, but InI was looking for something more precise, so I will assume that the I is referring to the pigment of the I's skin.   

InI has come to the Iverstanding that there is no such thing as "white people" and no such thing as "black people".    Meditate on this analogy, if the I open a box of crayon and ask me to choose the crayon that is the closest to InI skin tone, InI would choose, dark-brown.    If InI was asked to choose a crayon from that same box that is closest to the complexion of  InI first-born son, InI would choose light-brown.    If InI was asked to choose a crayon closest to the pigment of InI Empress(wife).    InI would choose yellow.    So you see sistren InI is not black and neither is I family InI just Afrikan, but InI walk around with that label "black".   

InI Iverstand that a "white person" is not a person who is WHITE in complexion(that would make the I transparent).    InI Iverstand that a "white person" is a person who possess these 3 characteristics: (1) classifies him/herself as white (2) is considered white by other people who are classified as white (3) Functions as a "white person" in the nine main areas of people activity, including,{ Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War.   }

So as you can see sistren White-ness and  black-ness has nothing to do with skin tone and pigmentation, and everything to do with socio-economic status.    InI have family members of Irish descent who are considered NEGRO, even though their complexion is no different than any person of European descent With that said I would like to complete the 360 turn and come back to my original question to you.   

"What does it mean to be white?"

PEACE, LOVE & RASPECT

Quote from: Ras_Nevoe link=topic=2379. msg57198#msg57198 date=1172807104

InI Iverstand what the I is saying, and although InI agree with that sentiment, I would be deceiving the I if I said that the idea of a "white" rastafarian doesn't make I uncomfortable.   Allow me to explain why.  

I am a student of the Counter_Racism Project which is a Code/ Concept/ System for victims of racism (VOR) white supremacy.   InI have interviewed and reasoned with many "white" people, and InI has learned that the primary tools of Racism (white supremacy) is deceit and the manipulation of words to control non-white people.  When a person refers to themself as "white" we are taught that, that person is automatically a "racist suspect". 

In my last reply I asked: "what does it mean to be white"?
you addressed that question with the above quote, but InI was looking for something more precise, so I will assume that the I is referring to the pigment of the I's skin. 

InI has come to the Iverstanding that there is no such thing as "white people" and no such thing as "black people".   Meditate on this analogy, if the I open a box of crayon and ask me to choose the crayon that is the closest to InI skin tone, InI would choose, dark-brown.   If InI was asked to choose a crayon from that same box that is closest to the complexion of  InI first-born son, InI would choose light-brown.   If InI was asked to choose a crayon closest to the pigment of InI Empress(wife).   InI would choose yellow.   So you see sistren InI is not black and neither is I family InI just Afrikan, but InI walk around with that label "black".  

InI Iverstand that a "white person" is not a person who is WHITE in complexion(that would make the I transparent).   InI Iverstand that a "white person" is a person who possess these 3 characteristics: (1) classifies him/herself as white (2) is considered white by other people who are classified as white (3) Functions as a "white person" in the nine main areas of people activity, including,{ Economics, Education, Entertainment, Labor, Law, Politics, Religion, Sex and War.  }

So as you can see sistren White-ness and  black-ness has nothing to do with skin tone and pigmentation, and everything to do with socio-economic status.   InI have family members of Irish descent who are considered NEGRO, even though their complexion is no different than any person of European descent With that said I would like to complete the 360 turn and come back to my original question to you.  

PEACE, LOVE & RASPECT

Posted on: March 02, 2007, 03:50:27 am
disregard the reply above ^^^^^^^^^^

please bare with I. . . . . . . InI like to reason with logic on race matters.  If at any point you feel uncomfortable, or want to stop this reasoning you're free to do so.  I say this because people who classify themselves as white sometimes become self conscious and defensive when confronted with race issues, and it makes reasoning impossible(I speak from YEARS of experience).  I want you to be as comfortable as possible, that way we can get a deeper overstanding of this whole race thing.  We can't just sweep it under the rug and pray to Jah it will disappear, neglect will only add fuel to the uncontrollable flames.
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 08:45:19 PM »

Greetings

Upon the reason of race..I an I want all the I them to overstand that before race was used to divide us..race meant generation..example... my children,my parents and grand parents and so on is my race..they are my race ..... babylon looked for the most obvious difference  between us and used it to separate us and put the darkest skin ones at the bottom as they were the majority and the first....the fact is that in the end we are all AFRICANS as we can all trace our lineage back to AFRICA regardless of skin colour or race

Blessed

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2007, 05:19:42 AM »

Quote from: RAS CHUCKY link=topic=2379. msg57228#msg57228 date=1172864719
Greetings

Upon the reason of race. . I an I want all the I them to overstand that before race was used to divide us. . race meant generation. . example. . .  my children,my parents and grand parents and so on is my race. . they are my race . . . . .  babylon looked for the most obvious difference  between us and used it to separate us and put the darkest skin ones at the bottom as they were the majority and the first. . . . the fact is that in the end we are all AFRICANS as we can all trace our lineage back to AFRICA regardless of skin colour or race

Blessed

Yes I, InI don't really agree with the I on some points, but InI raspect the I's opinion.  Besides, whether InI agree is irrelevant because the conversation left off with a question that hasn't been answered yet, as a matter-of-fact it has never been answered on any forums, by a person who is classified as "white". 

InI gwine ask one more time. 

PEACE, LOVE & RASPECT

RAS CHUCKY, are you a person that is classified as "white".  I assume you're not white, from your previous posts.  If you are non-white can you answer this question. 

Can you, a non-white person, classify youself as white if you chose to do so?

If not.  Why?

PEACE!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.