Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Cycle of arguing  (Read 27683 times)

RAS_CHUCKY11

Re: Cycle of arguing
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2007, 07:10:10 AM »

Greetings Ras Neveo

I an I's statement wasnt against your statement but was in agreement with your statement and just adding to it as to how this race classifications came about in the first place...I an I know I cant be white even if I an I wanted to ...but colour is not important and until the world becomes colour blind their will be no peace

Blessed

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2007, 07:28:50 PM »

Quote from: RAS CHUCKY link=topic=2379. msg57251#msg57251 date=1172902210
Greetings Ras Neveo

I an I's statement wasnt against your statement but was in agreement with your statement and just adding to it as to how this race classifications came about in the first place. . . I an I know I cant be white even if I an I wanted to . . . but colour is not important and until the world becomes colour blind their will be no peace

Blessed

InI knows that the I Iverstand that the I can never be classified as white, by people who classify themselves as white.  The point is to follow the logic.  InI can't follow the logic if people who are classified as white bails out of the kitchen when the "racial pot" get too hot.  the sistren, NYA stated:

Greeting Blessed Jah people,
I am wondering where all the Ital souls mentioned in this thread have gone.
I hope I have done nothing to offend.
I was afraid that being a White Rasta wombman as some might label I would cause some ripples, but its is unconscious of I, but I love of Rasta brought I here.

She was basically trying to reason with those I's and they bailed, but she is doing the same thing that she condemned the I's for doing, which is bailing on a reasoning.  Nya, sistren yo really no haffi do it that way, because InI already stated that

please bare with I.  .  .  .  .  .  .  InI like to reason with logic on race matters.   If at any point you feel uncomfortable, or want to stop this reasoning you're free to do so.   I say this because people who classify themselves as white sometimes become self conscious and defensive when confronted with race issues, and it makes reasoning impossible(I speak from YEARS of experience).   I want you to be as comfortable as possible, that way we can get a deeper overstanding of this whole race thing.   We can't just sweep it under the rug and pray to Jah it will disappear, neglect will only add fuel to the uncontrollable flames. 

. . . . . . . So there's no need to avoid InI.  Unless of course InI blackness offends the I

but colour is not important and until the world becomes colour blind their will be no peace

Blessed

Yes I InI agree 1,000,000% but do you agree or disagree that colour  would never be an issue to non-white people if they were no people on earth who classified themselves as white.  If the I agree with I, then it is logical to say that race will always be IMPORTANT until the destruction of WHITE SUPREMACY.

P. S.  Nya, sistren I hate to say it but I lost all credibility in the I.  What happened to that lioness that wasn't afraid to speak her mind?

LOL. . . . can't say i'm surprised.

PEACE!

"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2007, 07:38:35 PM »

Greetings

I an I fuly overstand what the I saying..The I saying since as this race differencial thing was started by them  (white supremacy) putting themselves on top..it should end with them..maybe in more words but.......

Bless

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2007, 10:28:54 PM »

Quote from: RAS CHUCKY link=topic=2379. msg57269#msg57269 date=1172947115
Greetings

I an I fuly overstand what the I saying. . The I saying since as this race differencial thing was started by them  (white supremacy) putting themselves on top. . it should end with them. . maybe in more words but. . . . . . .

Bless

^^^^yes I, InI love that^^^^ yo have the basic concept, short and to the point.  InI also believe that if one is going to become ras, it is a contradiction to continue to classify the I's self as "white".  To be considered white, is to the reap the benefits that comes with that racial status, "white", we refer to it as "White Priviledge".  Now since Rastafari is all about one-ness, and since White-ness and white supremacy is about separate-ness(segregation), is it not fair to say that: A man or wombman can not fuction as a Rastafarian and a "white" person at the same time, otherwise they would be a walking-talking contradiction.  Now InI is only human just like the I's so InI can be wrong, but from I vantage point, "ah so di sittin' set.  Yo si mi?"

Peace!

Ras Nevoe
Da Prophet
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2007, 10:33:41 PM »

Yes Isis!

Loud and clear.. I an I fully agree and I an I think the empress will agree as well .... we cant classify ourselves as white/black or whatever.... with oneness one must become colour blind and no longer classify under a colour/race but the human race

Bless

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2007, 10:49:13 PM »

Quote from: RAS CHUCKY link=topic=2379. msg57228#msg57228 date=1172864719
Greetings

Upon the reason of race. . I an I want all the I them to overstand that before race was used to divide us. . race meant generation. . example. . .  my children,my parents and grand parents and so on is my race. . they are my race . . . . . 

Blessed

LOL. . . . . . .  InI finally overstand what the I is saying, and InI agree fully. . . . . . . . . . Just goes to show what too much babylon education and not enough rasta/Afrikan "edifition", can do to the human brain. 

let InI be an example to the I's, don't "educate yourself", "edify I-self". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  LOL

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2007, 10:52:08 PM »

;D  Seen I

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2007, 04:36:25 PM »

Bless Up Family

How InI enjoyed taken in this reasoning.  REASONING NICE..

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2007, 06:54:20 PM »

Greetings

I an I always sau reasoning bring foward teachings,learnings and mind refreshings...more time I an I even learn from Iself from what I an I say at times as words of wisdom just spit from I's mouth when JAH brighten his light within I an I

Bless

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2007, 10:04:08 AM »

Blessings Idren,
I am so sorry bout neglecting to come back to this post. It was an unintentional thing. somehow I missed checking this thread. Due to I large family, and competition for limited pcs,and pc is in sons room I sometimes miss things and kind of forget to get back for awhile.
It was neva a case of being too gutless to respond. All your distrust in I Ancestors and those who classify demselves as WHITE is well grounded so mi Bred Ras Nevoe, I overstand where the I coming from.
I simply tell the truth about I bloodline because it has come up time and time again here, this racist stuff.
My whiteness is something I am not proud of, I abhor the "white supremisus" ways, I abhor the arrogance and ego/control type mentality that many some ppl adhere to, but I do not think I am a racist, I simply wanted to confront rasicm by saying yes my skin is pale, my Parents hail from England but I am putting Iself here, making I self vunerable by admiting I hail from the Pale side of skin but I am Ras thru and thru.
I feel more at home with many deeper skin Idren,that with most Pale skins, dem who call demselves Ras or not.
In fact just today, I was walking home from a hospital,somewhere I VERY ralely trod,all I babies were born  at home and raised naturally, coz I cut I finger badly, and I want to be able to play music, when a beautiful Aboriginal Elder Woman,come out from the park to give I one of the most Lovefilled hugs I eva experienced, and procede to intoduce her brother,who was down from the Cape, wayyyy up north,he had a very strong accent but I overstand everything fromI heart, The love coming from this man and his sister was so deep and pure,so humble and generous I nearly cry when I leave dem.
Those are MY People,we share same Country,the same Love,same humble nature, they are more I Idren than all the white ppl who look down at I cuz of I dreadlocks,or bare feet,I colourful clothes, many children and I obvious lack of material status.
They would take I in and share everyting with I family and I do the same,in fact they are I family coz we adopt each other, that is the "Black" way here. I Black family show I more Love than most of I white family,if we gonna talk race.
And you know,it ironic,coz I do not usually see colour,other than that distinction I have mentioned,which is a cultural thing more than superficial skin deep appearance, but since I have been posting here,it is like I forced to deal with the prejudice, even tho,one would hope that as we All Love Rasta and live Rasta love, we would be above this silly colour prejudice.
So In I forthright manner,I confront the issue head on, in an effort to clear the air, and purge the site of this illusion COZ I n I ARE MORE RASTA THAN WHITE, MORE RAINBOW THAN PALE and LOVE the DEEP LOVE OF TRIBAL PEOPLE, they (media, anthropologists, and such) call we "Feral",or Gubbarigines, or Rainbow warriors here,not many even know of Rasta here,most too caught up in their own "whiteness" it seems,One Love all the same.
Blessings, and I apologize fe tardyness of post
Nya       
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

BabaFats

• Regular User
  • We can combat hate with all the love we can mustar
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 11:41:24 PM »

Bless Up Idren.

InI haf been hearing a lot of talk on de forum about de colour  of I skin jus being a word.  While InI agree whole heartedly dat de colour of I skin nah make I,  Do de black rasta wish to jus forget their past oppression?  I nah mean any offense in I ignorance.
Please reason wit I and help I to overstand

Jah Bless friends

Evan
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 11:44:07 PM by BabaFats »
::deliver me from reasons why::

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2007, 02:22:26 PM »

Greetings,
 i don't subscribe to this colour blind business, personally. if i were not white, i would not be who i am, the world would not have shaped me as it did, and i would not have the same overstanding as i do now. the same goes for everyone of every race, colour religion, or whatever makes us all unique. i feel no need to embrace speech patterns not natural to my tongue,apart from the odd word i feel is more fitting, i dress in a way i feel represents my personality. i am white, i am British, and i am Ras.  the three are intertwined, tangled up in such a knot that i cant see where each thread begins or ends. i am no more one than another. a trinity, if you like!!
  i choose to celebrate how the Almighty decided i should be born, who my parents were, what they taught me, and my take on life, as directed by all of this. i love my red hair, creamy skin and my green eyes, because it's what Jah blessed me with, just as i love my babies honeyed skin and loose curls (well, before they had dread), and the same way i love my beautiful strong black Kingman, for all that he is, and all that he is capable of being.
i love or feel estranged towards people for what they represent, not because they belong to any specific group. but that does not mean i don't notice what group they belong to or think it not relevant. of course it is.
we use colour as a way to define ourselves, and that should not be forgotten or denied until we are all stripped of our cultural differences and homogenized till there is no variant left. instead, we should celebrate our diversity, use it as an opportunity to learn,to teach,to attempt to rectify past mistakes, and to work towards a future where we are all different, but equal in our differences.
Be Blessed,
Jo x
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

RasLuke

• Full User
  • Praise JAH without apology =]
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2007, 03:22:35 PM »

Greetings,
It seems that race will always unfortunately be a topic of discussion everywhere in life, InI will rejoice when the Kings words come true and all this talk has being discredited and abandoned from our vocabulary.  Yes InI Rasta but I also Irish, something InI am proud to be.
JAH Bless
Tá athás an domhain orm nuair a chuala mé focáil an Prionsa ó Suaimhneas H.I.M Haile Selassie I. Níl aon éagla ar mo chroí mar mó chroí ar ngrá. Búiochas la Dhía.

NattyRasBredren

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2007, 02:34:06 PM »

I skin is only that which is observed by the false prophet. I is only white while the black supremisist is trodding on dis eart.

Until the I lay down the weapon and build the tool, the I will always kill the I.

When you overstand Man or Woman and not black or white, purple or brown, you overstanding how tings are. When man Raspect man and woman Raspect woman, then we begin to overstand. The cycle of arguing continues while Rastaman see the colour of skin and not the genitalia of man and woman. Man should Raspect woman, woman should Raspect man and any colour in between should be forgotten.

When Rastaman overstands who he is and Rastawoman overstands who she is, then Rasta can go to work. Rasta is all powerful, but man and woman need to agree. Africa Unite! While white and black deny one another and allow diversity, like Babylon (USE and USA) then they continue the cycle of arguing! How good and pleasant it would be, before God and man, to see the unification of all Rastaman! Dis be what Rasta speak up! No more Babylon, no more susu, no more wondering. The time for preaching and talking is done! Rastaman, live up!

One Love! Raspect!

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2007, 04:21:16 AM »

Greetings,
are you suggesting we should deny the Black(Womb)Man the right to have pride and joy in his Blackness? or anyone else for that matter, the right to be joyful in the nature of their own creation as Jah intended? this, is not a personal attack, by the way, merely a question.
the whole reason for RasTafari is to Forward the Black man in society, to put an end to the disgraceful treatment of the African as a beast of burden. we CANNOT forget slavery, we CANNOT forget how a nation was ripped apart, their lives, history, pride, their names,their right to choose who fathered their children, the very nature of their being, raped, plundered and irrecoverably destroyed, never to be regained in its fullness. how can we, as white people, talk about colour doesn't matter, when we don't overstand how it feels to have your soul ripped out, your identity stolen? we are the fortunate ones, and it's all so very easy for us to talk about one love cos we have nothing that compares to that. yes, there has been genocide in Europe,and i'm not denying the evilness of that in any way, but can anyone tell me that they were forcibly denied the names of their forefathers, or where they came from originally as a result?
yes, we SHOULD all love each other as brothers, but the reality is, until we have done enough to show the Black man that we can be trusted, until we can prove we see him as equal, until we can stop raping Africa and poisoning her soil and her rivers, enslaving her people through debt, political intervention and colonialism, i don't think we hold much hope of that happening.
banging on about all being loving happy rainbow people doesn't solve anything, unless we actually get our hands dirty to effect change. it's all very well sitting behind a laptop talking about one love while another 6 babies die of starvation or disease. we have blood on our hands, like it or not, by the actions of our forefathers. we MUST acknowledge that fact before we can begin the healing process.
blessings, jo x

Posted on: April 04, 2007, 02:04:15 am
sistren Nya,
just reading back i noticed you used the word "rainbow", too. i did not intend my use of the word as a slight against your post, i merely had an image of an old beatles film in my head as i wrote,and the song "give peace a chance" and thats why i used it. i found your post moving and beautiful, as it happens, and though i see things a little differently where colourblindness is concerned, i would never want you to feel i was  being disrespectful or superior, as that was not my intention .i can see where i may have appeared to be inflammatory..
or maybe i've just smoked too much, and paranoia has set in, lol! either way, sorry if i sounded harsh.

blessings, jo x
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.156 seconds with 21 queries.