Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Cycle of arguing  (Read 27684 times)

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: Cycle of arguing
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2007, 04:39:15 AM »

No problem Sistren!
I hafe say I agree with every sentiment the I post here!
you tell it true sis!
Nuff REALITY CHECK hafe happen, non a dis gwan bury we head in da sand!
TRUTH and RIGHTS everytime (in I dreams anyway)
nuff times I cry and wail at de plight of I beautiful black people in dis here country
its a disgrace and I shamed at I same colour Idren for looking the other way while comfortable in dem suburbia home with the big pool, or worse dem comment how wretched is tha Black people.
Is a heartbreaking ting and we hafe say only ting really give I hope fe da change is RASTA
for BLACK PRIDE must be a reality to bring I Indigine outa Babylon Hell on earth and into the LIGHT of CREATION
Ya can only trample a people down n steal their land, their children, their labour and will and decimate and prohibit language and culture fe so long before they start believing they really are lesser and give up hope of a life of dignity and self Raspect and positive cultural identity
BIG uP Rasta and BLACK PRIDE everytime!
Love and Guidance
Nya
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

amclean

« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2007, 01:00:32 PM »

Greetings Ark I.

I myself have just become a new member to the forum and after reading your views on the cycle of understanding I felt that I could relate to all of what you said.  The art of reasoning is not an element that you find amongst a majority.  But those who possess the art of reasoning should continue in their paths, and hopefully others adopt an over-standing and start to practice this art.

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2007, 04:30:31 AM »

Greetings Ark I.

I myself have just become a new member to the forum and after reading your views on the cycle of understanding I felt that I could relate to all of what you said.  The art of reasoning is not an element that you find amongst a majority.  But those who possess the art of reasoning should continue in their paths, and hopefully others adopt an over-standing and start to practice this art.

^^I Agree
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

Erik D

« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2007, 08:32:34 PM »

Yes Brother ARK I... arguing destroys souls, while reasoning builds them up.

As Selassie I/Christ said in Holy Scripture: 

"Come, let us reason together."

Me must make a committment to reasoning with postive mental and emotional intent, and avoid arguing with negative intent.

Some people in this world will use the illusion of discussion to just throw lots of negative energy at other people, while pretending that the conversation is about the issue at hand.

I've met many people like that in the world, and now I avoid them like the plague, because my nature is to not back down from anyone, and getting lured into a destructive exchange with them will just destroy my state of mind, my speech, my thoughts, then my actions, and then my soul.

That is how Satan destroys us Hueman Beings... by luring us into evil minded exchanges of energy disguised as conversation.

Be on guard my Brethren and Sistren against falling into such traps, and be conscious that you do not set such traps for others.  Anyone who sets a trap for the soul of another will be ensnared in their own trap and then punished, so don't argue with them... let Jah argue with them, and they will certainly lose and suffer from their own wrongdoing.

Avoid setting and stepping into destructive snares, and your life will be blessed indeed.

Selah
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 08:35:41 PM by Erik D »

youthofwisdom

« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2008, 11:33:32 PM »

InI read and overstand the bredda ark lecture.  As a young lion InI was taught to bow my ears to the wise, and only the upright.  It's a blessing that the topic arrived in such time.  Jah has a way of showing the people truth.  Stand proud erect.  Bleesings and wisdom. 

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008, 02:20:07 AM »

As Selassie I/Christ said in Holy Scripture: 

"Come, let us reason together."

So Erik, Selassie is Christ/Melchizedek?

Thank-you,
God bless.

08bmurphy

« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2008, 05:09:53 AM »

So,   rastafari believes that at the least Selassie was the equivalent of a bodhisattva?   Is this correct.  Patience, for I still learnin

Blessings,

Brian

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2008, 11:22:07 PM »

There is no cycle of arguing pon here but, a cycle of hate. Hate...for what is the truth. What is truth ? Well, first you got to be able to have feelings and then you will feel it and, eventually get to know it. Truth is not what you can twist or can control. Truth stands and speaks for itself.

There are many that will fight it down but, no one can ever succeed against the truth.

prophet7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2008, 12:31:16 AM »

I agree with Prophet. There is a "cycle" of hate not just on this website but within the whole so called Rastafari nation. It stems from resentment, bigotry, and vanity. There is also alot of egoism manifesting as anger, and scapegoating.  I and I feel no way because I and I know sey dat Ivreeting must run its course so dat only the fittest of the fittest survive. Must come fiyah to seperate chaff from wheat. Just know where you stand.       
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

UKBlaza

• Standard User
  • One World One Love
« Reply #54 on: November 10, 2008, 10:00:41 AM »

Well said ARK I,

I argue when I think the other person is wrong. I become the judge and seek to confiscate the next mans opinion, which causes the arms house. Someones opinion is the same as their spirituality, it can change but it is down to that man to change it because it's personal to them, it can't be argued about, only discussed. I now know that what is right for one man can be wrong for the next man, so I can always be wrong. I know I can't control anyone but myself and that opinions are the sole property of the opinionator. Arguing just causes sufferization. I ain't no saint, however, and still get sucked in by the vortex of ego-driven anger from time to time. It is a place I used to actually feel comfortable visiting, so I went there a lot, but today, give thanks, I would rather try to be humble and stay out of it. This site is a good place to visit in the morning for me, I read the reasoning and it helps me set up my day! Respect due. I know I won't ramp with no one today.

peace love
JahGuide

caroline

• Standard User
« Reply #55 on: November 11, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »

i will not stick to the topic of arguing on this website- i will extend it to daily life.

i normally don't argue, as i try to avoid confrontation in my daily life.
i like to discuss and defend my opinions when my partners in discussion are respectful and the whole thing is constructive. if it is about showing who is shouting the most, i am not interested. As said before, arguing is linked to right or wrong, judgement, ego...

however, what do you do when the person in front of you seeks confrontation?

i have an example in mind -linked to my job, again- (when you are fed up with it let me know!).
Every now and then, i have pupils who decide it is ok to put their feet on the table.
I normally ask them to put them down. they say "no". i repeat "put them down please", they repeat "no".
So i leave it, basically because i do not know what else i should do. after a while they end up putting their feet down anyway...
This posture is not acceptable in my classroom, in my opinion, therefore, i kindly ask, but they do not cooperate and clearly want to check how far i will get. Will i shout and sanction and give them something to cling to and moan about? Will i just ignore it?

i ignore it to avoid the confrontation, but at the same time, i can't help feeling i am submitting, and do not feel comfortable about it.

What do you think? what would your reaction be?

erik d.

« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2009, 12:58:01 AM »

Quote from: natty threads link=topic=2379. msg68487#msg68487 date=1202174407
So Erik, Selassie is Christ/Melchizedek?

I've heard that Emperor Selassie I is the reincarnation of Melchizedek.

The Emperor made a great nation out of Bob Marley, just as Melchizedek made a great nation out of Abram, so the parallels are consistent.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2009, 11:20:58 PM »

I've heard that Emperor Selassie I is the reincarnation of Melchizedek.

The Emperor made a great nation out of Bob Marley, just as Melchizedek made a great nation out of Abram, so the parallels are consistent.

What about Melchizedek in Hebrews?

The Melchizedek in Genesis is a mystery, who he is and where he is from.

He may well be He, which would be the only way Melchizedek makes a great nation out of Abram, as YHWH said quite clearly that He would.

I think Melchizedek is a celestial model.

More maybe?

Thank-you erik.

Bless up.

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2009, 01:08:18 PM »

Greetings!

From the book of Aquarian Age Gospel Of Jesus the Christ...

CHAPTER 76

Jesus in Bethlehem. Explains the Empire of Peace to the shepherds. An unusual light appears. The shepherds recognise Jesus as the Christ.

THE Logos went to Bethlehem, and many people followed him. 2 He found the shepherd's home where he was cradled when a babe; here he abode. 3 He went up to the hills where more than thirty years before the shepherds watched their flocks and heard the messenger of peace exclaim: 4 At midnight in a cave in Bethlehem the Prince of Peace is born. 5 And shepherds still were there, and sheep still fed upon the hills. 6 And in the valley near great flocks of snow-white doves were flying to and fro. 7 And when the shepherds knew that Jesus, whom the people called the king, had come, they came from near and far to speak to him. 8 And Jesus said to them, Behold the life of innocence and peace! 9 White is the symbol of the virtuous and pure! the lamb of innocence; the dove of peace; 10 And it was meet that love should come in human form amid such scenes as these. 11 Our father Abraham walked through these vales, and on these very hills he watched his flocks and herds. 12 And here it was that one, the Prince of Peace, the king of Salim, came; the Christ in human form; a greater far than Abraham was he. 13 And here it was that Abraham gave to this king of Salim, tithes of all he had. 14 This Prince of Peace went forth in battle everywhere. He had no sword; no armour of defence; no weoapons of offence; 15 And yet he conquered men, and nations trembled at his feet. 16 The hosts of Egypt quailed before this sturdy king of right; the kings of Egypt placed their crowns upon his head, 17 And gave into his hands the sceptre of all Egypt land, and not a drop of blood was shed, and not a captive placed in chains; 18 But everywhere the conqueror threw wide the prison doors and set the captives free. 19 And, once again, the Prince of Peace has come, and from these blesed hills he goes again to fight. 20 And he is clothed in white; his sword is truth, his sheild is faith; his helmet is innocence; his breath is love; his watchword peace. 21 But this is not a carnal war; it is not man at war with man; but it is right against the wrong. 22 And love is captain, love is warrior, love is armour, love is all, and love shall win. 23 And then again the hills of Bethlehem were clothed with light, again the messenger exclaimed, 24 Peace, peace on earth, good will to men. 25 And Jesus taught the people; healed the sick; revealed the mysteries of the kingdom of the Holy One. 26 And many said, He is the Christ; the king who was to come has come; Praise God.

^^^

Thus according to Aquarian Age Gospel Of Jesus, The Prince Of Peace: Melchizedek, was Jesus the Mashiakh. He was a rebirth of the 'rightful ruler', the peaceful warrior and a King. The master of Laws. Yet came for another mission to teach and illustrate the supreme principles of love, and enacted a new path for individual christhood, of god with us, the meaning of Imanueli. A spirit lesson for the his dawning age of Pisces, about 2000 years from the day of his reincarnation birth.

And now we are at the cusp of age, a new dawn, a new age, a new era is at nigh... The Age of Aquarius, the water bearer. We are about to move on. And this is moment of transition is the period of 'Harvest' as he himself prophecied. The moment of great tribulations. It is a graduation into a new ara of christ's return... In the hearts of the multitudes... The Age Of One Love,Peace, harmony and Synthesis. The herald of the new Kingdom, and the righteous and insightful men shall reign for ever more as said in Daniel 12:3-4. All righteous men, not full liberated, of the past shall be born again and rejoice once again; singing the song of victory and triumph over the veil of soul ignorance... In oneness.

Selah!
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

Knowledge

• Veteran User
Re: basic questions need answers
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2009, 05:26:27 PM »

Greetings all. .

In putting an answer to the question, I think that a good point has been raised that appears not to be answered (objectively) by many. 
Indeed H. I. M.  Selassie I did not claim he was god, he said he was art of Judah! But the thing/issue is that MEN have made god into their image and not vice-versa! We are indeed Spiritual Beings on a human journey and not (as they would have us believe); Humans on a spiritual journey!
If H. I. M's contribution to humanity  is to be gauged, it's not by superhuman feats (or plain nonsense, depending on your view point), its by the actions of kindness to humanity and the inspiration that his advent gave to those awaiting the awakening of a new (or long sleeping) consciousness! A consciousness that offered an alternative to the doctrine of oppression and other 'isms and schisms' that have prevailed under the 'MATERIAL' system!

The point of Africa not being free is indeed a valid point, The system is putting up a fierce battle to hold on to, and continue to
circumvent the future of the Aetopian continent! What many fail to appreciate, is that this system that we are under, is not rigid and inflexible, it is fluid and for ever morphing to adapt to new threats, the role of the system is to assimilate absorb and nullify any threat it perceives.  It is indeed a technique it has employed for thousands of years and it well adept at holding on to power.

The issue of the distinct spiritual ideology is in my opinion, where the poster of the question goes wrong! The easiest way to answer the underlying point, would be to refer to the quote from Marcus Garvey, who stated that "Black People" should look at God through their own spectacles and you will see you  have a GREAT HISTORY" "Look toward Africa when a Black is crowned because the day of deliverance is at hand".   The spirituality that is referred to, is not some trance like rubbish that they peddle as spirituality nowadays, it is indeed the remnants of the link to the First Source and Creator that is inherent within all of us.  However, the system over thousands of years of control, has continually sought to sever that link, indeed it has, because in most cases we have in effect become wholly reliant on the system.  Our perceptions have been dulled to the stage that they are now little more than echoes of a distant past -and that's within the more enlightened of us!   

The person also raises the following issues;
(question 2:rasta and the bible. . . The bible has been altered for centuries,so their is hardly anything authentic left. . )

I personally feel that the Bible is indeed a book that has been developed by those men (of the system) primarily to unleash bloodshed and violence with the overall purpose being that of control! Personally I don't adhere to the bible, but for the purposes of the issue!
If the questioner accepts the bible has been tampered with, how do they know what the real language of the bible is! It would appear that the writer objectively raises the issues that they feel are relevant based upon one source of information (whosoever informed them that the bible was written in Aramaic, or Hebrew), but does not balance it, with the fact that, even those sources they refer to in stating their points of contention are also very wrong!

Indeed, it must not be known to the writer that many rastafarians aspire to the Kebra Nagast (Glory of the Kings) This Ethiopian Bible is considered to be more authentic than it's later translated counterparts.  Indeed the Kebra Nagast is considered amongst one of the oldest of Holy Books! It is within this publication that H. I. M.  Selassie I, can trace his lineage back to Menelik I, and Solomon and the Queen of Sheba (Ethiopia) This is the religious and historical context that can be applied to H. I. M.  Selassie I. 

But I do accept the point that you are making regarding the need to validate oneself! Marcus Garvey knew that within the time when he was seeking to raise up the consciousness of Black People, in order to ensure that was achieved, the down trodden would have to be given a  validation, that validation comes through history, Don't forget the system has schematically rewritten and distorted history to achieve their ends, whilst doing that they have at the same time systematically obliterated the history of many, in order that their distorted and false view is accepted by all! The Rastafari have inspired many to look at history with the truth in mind, and when you do that, you find that most of history as we know it, has been re-written or omitted to give a different view of the world that we live in today!  So when the Rasta is citing certain things that may seem ideological it should be be borne in mind that for many, it's the first opportunity they have had to really look at the system with the lens removed!

I would also use the same point as above (relying upon another's information/viewpoint).  How do you know Selassie I was buried under a toilet?
There has been no evidence other than the news announcement to verify this.  Indeed it's now several years later, but to the best of my knowledge they have not provided any physical evidence to support their assumption, indeed in the age of carbon dating and DNA testing I am sure they would have been able to prove beyond reasonable doubt whether or not, this story is true! Don't you find it strange that other than the news broadcasts at the time, no concrete 'evidence' has arisen?

Finally; the conjecture (regarding rastafarians) that you allude to, could be far more easily be applied to Jesus.  But because of a couple of millennia of brainwashing, it isn't! The Man who was hanged upon a cross by all accounts, but was also cut down from a tree!! The man who was immaculately conceived, yeah right! There is a lot of things that can be levelled against the accepted norms that they want sensible people to take on board!

This is just food for thought!

Knowledge.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.114 seconds with 21 queries.