Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Cycle of arguing  (Read 27686 times)

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
Re: Cycle of arguing
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2009, 10:41:03 PM »

HIM's significance can be so gauged for those unwilling or incapable of making a supernatural assessment sure, but that says nothing about the matter.
   People are "under a system" only to the extent they allow themselves to be. I disagree that the bible was written first of all under the inspiration of man, much less with evil intent. Give us one example.
    I do not find it strange at all that in your opinion no concrete evidence of His Majesties murder has surfaced considering the socio-economic situation of the area in question combined with the known circumstantial and physical evidence in existence that make viewing percisely such a situation as is held to have transpired by the authorities having been otherwise illogical.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 10:44:46 PM by I ELIJAH I »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #61 on: February 24, 2009, 06:00:34 AM »

Every now and then, i have pupils who decide it is ok to put their feet on the table.
I normally ask them to put them down. they say "no". i repeat "put them down please", they repeat "no".
So i leave it, basically because i do not know what else i should do. after a while they end up putting their feet down anyway...
This posture is not acceptable in my classroom, in my opinion, therefore, i kindly ask, but they do not cooperate and clearly want to check how far i will get. Will i shout and sanction and give them something to cling to and moan about? Will i just ignore it?

i ignore it to avoid the confrontation, but at the same time, i can't help feeling i am submitting, and do not feel comfortable about it.

What do you think? what would your reaction be?

It depends on what your teaching situation is and what you are trying to promote.

Putting feet on desks is filthy- perhaps asking them to remove their shoes to do so and then requiring the desks be disinfected afterward?

They are acting out, in part, because they have no say regarding what they do every day and what goes into their minds and out of their mouths.

It is slavery of the worst kind, bulk education, telling people what to learn and think and not allowing an outlet of hard, consequential physical labor.

Make them useful, allow them true productivity, involve them in their community and environment (I don't mean recycling- I mean getting to know and HELP people in the neighborhood), and the attitudes should change measurably.

http://www.missionislam.com/homed/neseducation.htm

:A few years back one of the schools at Harvard, perhaps the School of Government, issued some advice to its students on planning a career in the new international economy it believed was arriving. It warned sharply that academic classes and professional credentials would count for less and less when measured against real world training. Ten qualities were offered as essential to successfully adapting to the rapidly changing world of work. See how many of those you think are regularly taught in the schools of your city or state:

1) The ability to define problems without a guide.
2) The ability to ask hard questions which challenge prevailing assumptions.
3) The ability to work in teams without guidance.
4) The ability to work absolutely alone.
5) The ability to persuade others that your course is the right one.
6) The ability to discuss issues and techniques in public with an eye to reaching decisions about policy.
7) The ability to conceptualize and reorganize information into new patterns.
8) The ability to pull what you need quickly from masses of irrelevant data.
9) The ability to think inductively, deductively, and dialectically.
10) The ability to attack problems heuristically.

http://www.wtp.org/archive/transcripts/john_taylor_gatto.html

:JB: Ok John, since we have a few callers on the line, I'd like to encapsulate what you're saying: that the accumulation of great wealth requires the ability to command labor. You cannot labor if its independent and critical, therefore you need a schooling system much in the way that obedience school provides for dogs - they have to be taught not to pee in the house, or heel at their master's beck and call. And in effect, the entire school enterprise, and there are obvious examples, is a huge obedience school run on the kennel model. And the two examples you've given me - Amish, which is based on a character, traditional, very family based with a very god-centered decentralized form, and the other one which you refer to as secular, is the worker-owned cooperatives in the Basque land in Spain. Two poles which are totally at variance with the consumer mass-obedience operation which is cheerleaded from Jesse Jackson on the Left, or [Nation of Islam leader Louis] Farrakhan even more to the Left, to, you know, the Right Wing folks, the Moral Majority and the chamber of commerce!

So if I hear you right, what we really have to face up to is the absolute need for a critical distancing from this whole status quo which seeps into our deepest aims.

JTG: Absolutely, that's a perfect abstract.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2009, 11:35:31 AM »

I am responding to the comments made by I Elihjah I

You state that you disagree that the bible was written under the inspiration of man, and much less with evil intent! Well again I disagree, with your subjective opinion.

The wholesale slaughter that has occurred both within the bible, and also in the name of the bible, can hardly be considered to be a righteous objective - well at least if one aspires to live and let live!

The examples I refer to are numerous and they occur all the way through the book! Cold Blooded Murder, Torture, Betrayal, its all there! In terms of who wrote the Bible, please please don't be telling me that it was Moses who wrote the first five books  Genesis Exodus Leviticus Deuteronomy and Numbers because that is patently not true! The bible has been a compilation that has was began by those obscure men - with a purpose in mind, and that purpose is the control of peoples minds! Indeed the programme has been ongoing from them times right up to now!

It might be worth you looking at the councils of Nicea and Jamnia to get a basic idea of how the book actually came into existence! Indeed the translated version that you seem to hold dear is in fact a translation of various translations that occurred through out history, as the systems have constantly re-edited the book in order that the views of the system are projected, which is why in some aspects, Rastafari has given a perspective for ones to look at the truth for themselves!What is truth??

As for the murder that you refer to, your point relating to the socio economic situation at best seems to completely avoid the issue.  if they have found bones where you say they were located, There is no logical/objective reason why the bones could not be shown and there is no viable explanation as to why there has been no "scientific" substantiation of the discovery! Indeed there has been no burial or ceremony to indicate that a re-interrment has taken place! Don't you wonder why?

Knowledge

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2009, 05:37:41 PM »

No ceremony or burial? I mean who am I even talking to? Are you characters not a dime a does in Rasta town?       http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/1007736.stm
There absolutely is logical reason why the bones could not be shown and that is because the people who would make the decision to show them likely come from a culture where doing so is seen as disrespectfully. And again, in that the socio-economic situation of an area can determine the recourse's allocated to scientifically substantiating such a discover this instance is again not surprising.

Providing an example of murder for instance (which have yet to actually do probably because the full context will nullify the lie that is your point) in the bible is no where near demonstrating how it is written in order to induce such in the world, much less any efficiency in doing so! At least the common hater club has raised its linguistic prowess a tad still.

Heartical One

• Heartical One
  • Standard User
  • Eyes ears and mind wide open
« Reply #64 on: February 25, 2009, 03:13:29 AM »

Greetings in the name of HIM.

I for one enjoy reading ARK I's posts and I'm sure that many do agree.
I overstand the point that he is trying to make with the cycle of arguing, I for one have done this with my king when something is troubling me, it maybe some thing that he has done or said that I don't agree  with and we would end up arguing about something that took place some place else at some other time which has nothing to do with the  current subject, because I or he would never take time to reflect on the point that the other was trying to raise.

I can relate to the point that ARK I makes about sifting through so many arguments as I have come away from this website weeks at a time because I have either been sucked into  a useless argument ( which is where I need to check myself) or I am seeing plenty of personal arguments firing between to people.
To put it it in harsh terms it has alot to do with thinking before you speak don't think about what your going to say next while the other person is speaking..;-) that is not  the way, this is where the original issue gets lost may a time.

discussion is not a reflex its a reflect.
Ark I, and everyone
Jah Bless

Heartical

Every life force you enocunter in this forum or outside including yourself was one with Jah before their time began here on earth, treat them with the respect you know you derserve for yourself.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2009, 03:23:23 PM »

i E i

I would take this opportunity to say that within a previous posting on this topic
I mistakenly stated that no ceremony had taken place. Although a ceremony
took place, it still doesn't detract from the point I was making.

Knowledge,

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2009, 05:11:36 PM »

Bearing the actualization of such a light I therefore will then take this opportunity, now, to unequivocally and unhesitatingly express my, however subjective and meager, likely accurate opinion that within the previous postings on this particular thread of one "Rasta Nicks Rastafari forum" website that in so much as can be ascertained by an again meager and humble individual of average capacity the words expressed by the one being so identified in the form of whats known as a screen name "knowledge" constitute no actual point.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #67 on: February 26, 2009, 10:47:12 AM »

Even though the response to is aimed at i. elijah i. I would like the discerning reader to note of the following!
I stated something which was inaccurate, something that (most) people do at least once within their life time!

However like most reasonable and sensible people, I went back and checked out facts and found that I was mistaken. 
However unlike i.e.i, I had the humility to come back to my nemesis (and other readers) and say I was mistaken
in some aspects of this particular issue. Although I still contend that the overall context is correct, but for this one detail!

Now if that 's a crime, then then yes I'm guilty. However, bearing in mind that they say "it takes a big person to say sorry,
I was mistaken", then shouldn't my action be viewed positively!  In answer to that question, it would appear not based upon the twittering of the fool that is the individual i.e.i.! He (as I'd already envisaged) has taken that admission to try and big himself up!!
How sad is that? How completely predictable!

I would advise i.e.i to spend more time on trying to answer the salient points I have raised, rather than trying to be clever - to no one, but her/himself !!

Knowledge.

moses

• Senior User
  • Blessed The Most I, Forever Loving Jah RastafarI
« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »

It depends on what your teaching situation is and what you are trying to promote.

Putting feet on desks is filthy- perhaps asking them to remove their shoes to do so and then requiring the desks be disinfected afterward?

They are acting out, in part, because they have no say regarding what they do every day and what goes into their minds and out of their mouths.

It is slavery of the worst kind, bulk education, telling people what to learn and think and not allowing an outlet of hard, consequential physical labor.

Make them useful, allow them true productivity, involve them in their community and environment (I don't mean recycling- I mean getting to know and HELP people in the neighborhood), and the attitudes should change measurably.

http://www.missionislam.com/homed/neseducation.htm

:A few years back one of the schools at Harvard, perhaps the School of Government, issued some advice to its students on planning a career in the new international economy it believed was arriving. It warned sharply that academic classes and professional credentials would count for less and less when measured against real world training. Ten qualities were offered as essential to successfully adapting to the rapidly changing world of work. See how many of those you think are regularly taught in the schools of your city or state:

1) The ability to define problems without a guide.
2) The ability to ask hard questions which challenge prevailing assumptions.
3) The ability to work in teams without guidance.
4) The ability to work absolutely alone.
5) The ability to persuade others that your course is the right one.
6) The ability to discuss issues and techniques in public with an eye to reaching decisions about policy.
7) The ability to conceptualize and reorganize information into new patterns.
8) The ability to pull what you need quickly from masses of irrelevant data.
9) The ability to think inductively, deductively, and dialectically.
10) The ability to attack problems heuristically.

http://www.wtp.org/archive/transcripts/john_taylor_gatto.html

:JB: Ok John, since we have a few callers on the line, I'd like to encapsulate what you're saying: that the accumulation of great wealth requires the ability to command labor. You cannot labor if its independent and critical, therefore you need a schooling system much in the way that obedience school provides for dogs - they have to be taught not to pee in the house, or heel at their master's beck and call. And in effect, the entire school enterprise, and there are obvious examples, is a huge obedience school run on the kennel model. And the two examples you've given me - Amish, which is based on a character, traditional, very family based with a very god-centered decentralized form, and the other one which you refer to as secular, is the worker-owned cooperatives in the Basque land in Spain. Two poles which are totally at variance with the consumer mass-obedience operation which is cheerleaded from Jesse Jackson on the Left, or [Nation of Islam leader Louis] Farrakhan even more to the Left, to, you know, the Right Wing folks, the Moral Majority and the chamber of commerce!

So if I hear you right, what we really have to face up to is the absolute need for a critical distancing from this whole status quo which seeps into our deepest aims.

JTG: Absolutely, that's a perfect abstract.

Maximum Respect my dear sister for this contribution...

It reminds on how much I and I synchonise our efforts and capacity for change... Really. Conscious of real issues for real change. Bless.

Social re-engineering is necessity at this very Iwa... Many of us need to take enterprises. From whispering among our selves into voicing up our concerns. Will share some of my test ideas of future social-economic reforms from grassroot enterprises. And later concepts and values towards family life as a real enterprise... I hope this will clear many of today's marriage crissis. Just one false attachment for unnecessary 'imaginary thing' make many of families less that the best of it can be in a modern era. And people suffer for not making right choices and hence indicating being less of 'graduated' men and women of christ's key lesson about our relationships in spirit and transcendence of ordinary marriage bonds.

Lets see, Bless Up

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love + If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love = I am nothing. 1 Corinth 13

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #69 on: February 26, 2009, 03:00:55 PM »

An ostensibly genuine point salient to the realm of fantasy provides its own response in the reverberation of the self-effacing mockery that is its foundation.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:04:39 PM by I ELIJAH I »

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #70 on: February 26, 2009, 03:50:51 PM »

I see that your handlers have armed you with more gibberish!
Excellent  ;D

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2009, 07:49:24 PM »

They told me you would like it.

Knowledge

• Veteran User
« Reply #72 on: March 03, 2009, 01:24:12 PM »

[i"]The Melchizedek in Genesis is a mystery, who he is and where he is from".
[/i]

In answer to the question;

Mechizedek appeared in flesh from a common birth having both mother and father, However what distinguished
Melchizedek was the higher knowledge and secret which he knew and the teaching he expressed from an extraordinarily
early age!   

Later on as the legend goes; Melchizedek in his role as the High Priest Of Salem, was the first who taught of the One Creator and First Source.
According to the legend Melchizedek set up his temple in Salem and he was the one who first taught of the
Elohim. Apparently Abram was taken by his teaching and used the teaching and the association with the High Priest
to enlarge his own status!

Indeed it was Melchizedek who urged Abram not to go to and undertake the massacre -commonly known as the Slaughter of the Kings.
When the reference is made to the 10th of the spoils that Abram gave onto to the High Priest of Salem, whom had come out to meet him
on his return from the slaughter. What the biblical story does not tell about this legend, was that Melchizedek had not come out to meet
Abram and to greet him. He had tarried out (much too later as it transpires) to prevent Abram from undertaking this atrocity!
It was indeed because of the great fear that Abram had of Melchizedek, that he instantly decided to give up the 10th of the spoils, in order to placate Melchizedek; who was extremely taken aback by the blood thirsty and needless action that had been undertaken by Abram.

Indeed when Melchizedek vanished it was not by way of crucifixion or any spectacular departure, he simply vanished, no body no carcass nothing he just vanished (sounds like some one else!!) and his work was undertaken (apparently) by the Seth-ites) who had taken on his work!   

timbrownxy

« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2011, 07:02:52 AM »

I think the discussion is not bad to some extent, because the discussion a little, and to defend the point of view, to argue why I believe in it, and stuff.  So now I'm arguing that the plot is not bad until it turns to violence, is a natural thing, and we can discuss peacefuly and you can discuss aggressive, violent, and depends only caracture, which can be modeled. 

coyote jack

• New User
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2012, 08:54:31 PM »

Ark I,

Very wise words in your initial post here bro.

I found that such wisdom would apply to anyone who was interested in living a clean, peaceful life.

I especially love this quote: " Fighting for a cause will come from reasoning.  Fighting for foolishness will come from arguing. "

Thanks for sharing that

J
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.102 seconds with 21 queries.