Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Blood Transfusions  (Read 3828 times)

Jazzy

Blood Transfusions
« on: December 18, 2005, 10:15:31 PM »

I am learning about the Rastafarian faith and I was wondering what the belief is on blood transfusions? I was raised as a Jehovah's Witness who believe that the blood is the soul and there for do not agree to blood transfusions, I have known a few who actually died and could have lived if they had accepted the blood. But anyways, I was just wondering about that, any in sight that you all have would be greatly appreciated.
Peace be with you all,
~Jazzy

caitie

• Regular User
  • MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE
Re: Blood Transfusions
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 10:33:30 PM »

I don't know where Rasta's stand on blood transfusions but I know of someone who actually got AIDS from one and gave it to her husband(not knowing). But I think most of the time it is pretty safe and can save lives.

Ras_Solomon

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 04:32:16 AM »

u cant just say rastas "view" on it cause every rasta has his or her own "view"
anyway from here i can say its not right and u shouldnt do it, but if i was put in that situation id probably be re-thinking my statement so im kinda inbetween-ish in the bible im sure it says u shouldnt cut your self or something but when it comes to life and death your views change

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2005, 06:43:10 AM »

No matter what you believe, in this day and age there is  no need for you to have "someone" elses blood. The medical fraternity are quite capable of recycling your OWN blood. They just don't like to tell you bout it. When i was still nursing, i witnessed operations where people had their own blood transfused back into them during operations.
I myself would not like to recieve someone elses blood. I have a real thing about recieving other peoples body fluids, organs etc....

nattyIsoulJAH

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2005, 12:41:28 PM »

yeh dey can, but do dey? like dis is harsh and i hate to make think bout things like dis but if one of ur kids needed one wot would u do?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2005, 12:44:52 PM by nattyIsoulJAH »

Elect

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2005, 03:26:20 PM »

i agree...i am sure there is a way to say that the Bible teaches not to do it...but in another post i talked bout how Christ say the Scripture is dead...you have to take everything into time and context...i don't really think of it as natural...but if i or my son was near death...i'm almost positive that my mind would be sayin "who give a damn who says its wrong"...life is for living...so if a blood transfusion can save your life...i'm probably for it...One

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2005, 11:19:16 PM »

I think it would be any parents worst nightmare to see their child slipping away in front of them when you know they can be saved.
My decisions are for myself not my children. It is not my place to make decisions for them based on my belief. If they needed blood i would do whatever i could to see that they could have their own but if they couldn't i would first offer up my own blood for them and if that didn't work then i would allow them to have a blood transfusion.
They are innocents who will one day be able to make their own decisions. It is not my place to end that decision making for them before their time is up.
I do not expect and will never expect my children to hold the same beliefs as myself. They are their own identity and in time they will make their own decisions based on what they believe is right or wrong.
It is not my place to say to them "You will live your life this way because i said so."
That sounds like something my parents would have said to me and i have always refused to raise my children the way my parents raised myself and my brother.
So in answer to your question nattyIsoulJah, I would allow my children to have a blood transfusion from another person if all other avenues had been exhausted.
Believe you me it is not a pretty site to see someone have an adverse reaction to a blood transfusion. It scared the living daylights out of me (to put it nicely) when i saw it happen.

Elect

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 02:11:35 AM »

Seen...good post bredren....have you ever read The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran...it is a book of poems on many different subjects and one of the poems is about children...and it talks about how your children do not belong to you they are just sent to you...and you are the bow, and they are the arrow...the bow to be steadfast and the arrow to go forth in it's own direction...it is a beautiful poem...anyway...that's what your post reminded me of...Jah Bless

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.