Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Rastas Injustice, VDOC  (Read 1466 times)

Jazzy

Rastas Injustice, VDOC
« on: December 25, 2005, 01:53:21 AM »

Virginia Department of Corrections (VDOC) refuses to acknowledge Rastafari as a religion and defines Rasta as "gang activity", the VDOC has implied a forced grooming policy (DOP #864) which forbids Dreadlocks and beards. Rastas who refuse to undergo the "grooming" and break their spiritual vow by having their hair cut off, are placed in solitary confinement (where some remain now after almost 3 years) they are denied visits from family and loved ones and undergo harsh and cruel physical and mental punishment. All of this is a direct violation to their 1st and 14th Ammendment Rights as stated in the US Constution, as well as Article 1 of the Virginia State Constution and also the RLUIP Act of 2000. They must be stopped!!!
to sign the petition, go to:
http://gopetition.com/region/31/1430.html

Positive_I-rations

Re: Rastas Injustice, VDOC
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2005, 02:10:21 AM »

Now that is... Sick... How can them even do that are them not breaking alot of laws trackin people down because of lifestyle ?! Babylon oppressors...

Jah Bless

caitie

• Regular User
  • MOVEMENT OF JAH PEOPLE
Re: Rastas Injustice, VDOC
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 02:26:14 AM »

yes... that is very wrong, but it does not surprise me. i live in virginia and there is aLOT of strict laws here. [smiley=sad.gif]

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.