Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: De Real Foundation of Black Supremacy  (Read 11391 times)

Positive_Vibration

Re: De Real Foundation of Black Supremacy
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2006, 02:46:45 AM »

Blessings

If a white person gave Ises to Jah for seeing the divinity in how Jah made them, I personally would not have a problem with it. In fact, if whites do not give thanks for their being a reflection of the Creator then something is wrong. I would love to hear more white rastas give thanks for how they are, naturally and authentically...and to proclaim Jah's truth of all men/wombmen being created equal to THEIR OWN white bredren and sistren who are still in ignorance...while we Africans seek to do the same for our African bredren and sistren who do not know the truth of themselves as royalty.

You see, many Africans need to know that they are better than what they have been taught about themselves. We need to rise up as a mighty nation, our heritage ancient. Likewise, white rastas might try to go to their own who don't know their Istory. Tell them the truth of white supremacy, of the history of oppression and domination caused by their ancestors. Let them know they too need to remember their ancients and know the truth so that they no longer hide behind ignorant bliss. When we all can see the truth of ourselves, whether that truth be good or bad, only then can we begin to heal. THEN perhaps One Love will be a true ideal.

Be blessed.

First of all let me say that I completely overstand the foundation of Rastafari.

With that said...is it not destructive to set up barriers like that --- with whites strictly helping whites and Africans strictly helping Africans? Those barriers have already been bussed up as far as I can see! For in the network of conscious people, a foundational level of equality has been achieved. Socially, at least. This site is an example of all nationalities learning from eachother. Another is all the Europeans, Asians, South Americans, etc, that have learned from the mixed Bob Marley. My own learning from many African brothers and sisters through music especially...and all the big-ups I've gotten from people of African heritage on my own music!

I definently see what you're saying and it's idealistically pure and clean but doesn't really transcend into these times. Conscious people in general have a lot to learn from eachother...and I know that everytime I take stage I'm definently not targetting "my" people. For just a couple shows ago --- it was for my mother's side of the family...I'm considered white however that side is 90% hispanic...some 1st and second cousins even have African roots.

Not trying to offend anybody. But I've learned immensely from Africans (you, Empress Carla, are a great example of that!) ... from Asia, from South Americans, etc. It honestly pains me to even group them like that. I know the power structure thinks otherwise. I just wish we could get past all this nationality binding and continue working for opressed people and for Jah.This is an effort I feel all awakened people can help with...

Humble blessings

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2006, 03:14:18 AM »

Blessings

I think you may be missing my point. I never said whites should strictly help whites or blacks strictly help blacks. I am not saying that we should divvy up and ONLY help our own. But who better to enlighten other whites than enlightened whites? Who better to enlighten blacks than enlightened blacks? There is a better relation and empathy and comfort level between those who are more familiar. That’s just the plain truth.

You are spreading Jah’s message through your music bredren. That is GREAT, seen. However, it seems that most don’t want to DEAL with the separation amongst the races. They rather just not discuss it or say let’s all be One. The highest truth is that we already are One People. Yet it is also true that the white supremacy power structure does not perpetuate a Oneness but a separatist mentality. I see that. I address that. While at the same time knowing the highest truth is that we are all One People.

You stated:
I just wish we could get past all this nationality binding and continue working for opressed people and for Jah.This is an effort I feel all awakened people can help with...

Ok. Then my question to you is, how?

Be blessed.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2006, 04:23:23 AM »

You stated:
I just wish we could get past all this nationality binding and continue working for opressed people and for Jah.This is an effort I feel all awakened people can help with...

Ok. Then my question to you is, how?

Be blessed.

Raspect, first of all, for the reply. You are a very valued mentor and teacher to I 'n I.

As far as 'how'...the foundation of it is obviously spreading Jah words upon that and raising wider consciousness progressively and so if the reality is dawned and the truth is seen...it is only natural for it to be spread. I'm not directly African however I see what's going on with opression to Africans everyday, and so I address it. This is something everyone can do.

The next step is fighting it down by the source. I-man have personally done this before in bringing down (not physically) a teacher at I school that was blatently racist. This is something everyone can do.

The final step, for most if not many, - after the foundation and all layers are lain down - is repatriation. Organizations like RASCOM will ultimatlely help carry that out but their fuel, impartially, is funds. This is something everyone can contribute to.

I'm not trying to stick my nose where it doesn't belong...because by 'all conscious people' I literally mean all. I understand an African struggle is a struggle of Africans, however a problem amongst Jah people is one that all of Jah children can selflessly give help to

Humble blessings, once again

EmpressGong

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 03:19:10 PM »

Blessed Love

Great Reasoning EmpressC!

Now, if white people went around 'biggin up demself' in a positve light, and truly uplifting the Irit, of course some people would be offended. that would be those who refuse to see that there is inbedded good in all humans. The same way how we Afrakans get fight down so would anyone else. But that doesnt stop our trod. We know what we are about, and to those who dont know we still show love because we are of One culture and origin.

This whole debate in Rastafari is not necessarily about dividin up this and that. But I also believe that a white person cant know whats good for me, neither can I know for you. I see myself as Supreme in one way and you another, but in the end our supremacies fall under the same banner of Creation. I do me and you do you.

I am not sayin that oh blacks should stay from whites and all that mess, Im just sayin that your loyalties should first lie in Self before you could claim to help others. that is what Black Supremacy is all about. We have got to teach our fallen Afrakan Idren about their Istory and the POWER of their people. They need to be livicated from the sleepin death they live everyday. That is Rastafari primary duty.

It would be of great benefit to the destructive mentality of the European if the meaning and practices behind white supremacy were significantly changed or eradicated. the divide and rule mentality is a poison and I tired of seein it being fed to all people of the earth.but black people cant stop it. you have to do it first. and by takin care of Self, then the other movements like Rastafari of this world can move nearer to mental and Iritual liberation.

Im sorry to say that all I know of Europeans is divide and rule. SO why arent you telling me about your greatness? Why arent you proud to teach me about your Ancestors? Now tell me, if you cant do that how can you teach someone about My people?

EmpressGong

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 10:21:20 PM »

Im sorry to say that all I know of Europeans is divide and rule. SO why arent you telling me about your greatness? Why arent you proud to teach me about your Ancestors? Now tell me, if you cant do that how can you teach someone about My people?

The "greatness" of me is that I was created by the Almighty Jah who has been manifested in Haile Selassie I. A simple truth for one and all.

I am honestly not here to teach of my 'great ancestors', etc. I understand what you're saying sistren, and it is valued, but I'm just here humbly agreeing with you. Divide and rule needs to sizzle in Jah Fiyah and that's what I'm working towards too.

Africans are of orIginal creation which is why I overstand black supremecy so much. That's a simple truth too.

Anyway...I am just a conscious and itinually seeking youth that wants to see Babylon fall just as bad as you. It pains me when posts like this are made, as I see "my" people as Jah people in general...though not in any form of ownership.

It's just an unfortunate fact that my ancestors were people that enslaved even people of their own color. I don't know what to say about that other then learn from it and burn it now as it's now that I'm here.

Rastafari's mission is a global one which seriously needs to be fufilled and through livity and works...I-man am working towards it too. A big up to Black pride as it is beautiful. All righteous people deserve the bigup in this time.

I don't know what else to say. I'm trying to live my life as righteous as possible and feel like I'm repetitively being held back in topics like this. Christopher Columbus was not my fault...Africans selling off Africans wasn't yours either...let us just continue learning and spreading it as a whole...

At the end of that day though, in these times, as two conscious people, and as a mass of conscious people, we are fighting down the same opresser. The clean-cut 'white men' in office that we don't see...that are penetrating Jah people with vanity, Babylon, and lesser givings..the fiyah needs to burn equally from those feeling it to those seeing it

On the issue of Istorical teachings...I do understand the idea of Africans teaching African history and so forth. Endless raspect on that

Blessed love
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:29:33 PM by Positive_Vibration »

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2006, 10:59:30 PM »

Blessings

The thing is, there are MANY well-meaning “clean-cut white men” who may be perpetuating white supremacy because they simply don’t even understand the implications of their actions. They are unaware of white privilege. These are the people that need to be reached. These are the people I’d like to see white rastas try to reason with as I think it would have a greater effect in chanting down Babylon than just saying we are all Jah’s people. It is not sufficient to simply reject your own culture as it is embedded in your DNA. This is not a bad thing. It just is. But ones (everyone, black or white) should reject that part of their culture which is negative and PROMOTE the positive.

In other words, don’t walk away from who you are. Just KNOW who you are. That is the first step in changing things: acknowledgement. How is this mighty Babylon to fall if the ones in power are not made aware? Instead of ignoring things we need to shine a light on it for ALL to see.

You know, I really admire Tim Wise. As a white man, he seems to “get it.” He does not reject his own whiteness but still is able to speak out against what is wrong in the world. He doesn’t hesitate to state the truth of white supremacy and privilege, yet he is still comfortable as a white man. I feel he is probably effecting mental change in many ways that he may never know. Because when we can see someone who looks like us state a cold hard truth, we are more apt to give credence to that fact. We can relate better. So for a white man to talk about what whites do, it’s not seen as some bitter black person complaining again. It might cause one to stop and think, “If this guy sees this perspective—a guy who would be guilty of all of which he speaks about (i.e., white privilege)—then maybe I should stop and consider this perspective.” Get what I mean??

Again, it takes nothing away from Tim Wise to speak of white man’s atrocities while still celebrating his whiteness. He is credible in white society and circles. He is an educated, typical-looking, “clean-cut” white man. Yet he speaks truth time and time again. This is what I’d really like to see more white rastas (and Selassian Christians) try to do.

You’re telling me you can’t find ANYTHING within white culture that’s worth a big up??? Then I would submit to you that you haven’t bothered to look. If it is true that there is good and bad to be found in all races of people and all walks of life, how come no white rastas can point out the good of your people? When you can find some good in white Istory, you’ll fully overstand Black Supremacy and what it means to us. Then perhaps you’ll see the difference between it and White Supremacy as it is currently used.

"If you're looking to understand why discussions between blacks and whites about racism are often so difficult in this country, you need only know this: when the subject is race and racism, whites and blacks are often not talking about the same thing." --Tim Wise

Click here to read full article.

And here is Tim's official website.

Be blessed
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 11:08:26 PM by Carla »

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 11:32:14 PM »

Of course there have been plenty of white men, in the last 50 years at least, and white women too that have been conscious, positive freedom fighters. Joseph Israel...Carlos Jones...the MC5...Jerry Garcia. A couple in history too.

I overstand everything in that article on Black Supremecy and am not trying to debate or butcher that

I guess my biggest problem is even words like 'my people.' Not a problem with you using it...not a problem with Africans using...nothing biased like that. Just the word in general. Other then through power seperation, I fail to see the lines. As even conscious (African) Rastas like Ras Pressure, Ras Iba, Army, etc...openly say "your people is my people" and "my people is Jah people."

Ultimately it is one struggle, and I guess I simply fail to see "ultimately" as an eventual concept. The fact that Africans and Europeans already habitate together in houses of Rastafari from England to Jamaica is just itinual evidence.

Endless raspect sistren.

Jah love

Bless

rasta_dattha

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2006, 11:39:20 PM »

BLESSED LOVE,

" IF HUMANITY IS REGARDED AS MADE UP OF THE CHILDREN OF GOD, AND GOD LOVES ALL HUMANITY (WE ALL KNOW THAT), THEN GOD WILL BE MORE PLEASED WITH THE RACE THAT PROTECTS ALL HUMANITY THAN WITH THE RACE THAT OUTRAGES THE CHILDREN OF GOD."

" THEREFORE WE MUST BELIEVE THAT THE PSALMIST HAD GREAT HOPES OF THIS RACE OF OURS WHEN HE PROPHESIED "PRINCES SHALL COME OUT OF EGYPT AND ETHIOPIA SHALL STRETCH FORTH HER HANDS UNTO GOD"

MARCUS MOSIAH GARVEY.                      

THE REAL FOUNDATION OF BLACK SUPREMACY " ETHIOPIA"      

smiley=wink.gif]  

EmpressGong

« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 02:43:30 AM »

Blessed Love

[smiley=laugh.gif]ya got me there on that one rasta_dattha Ithiopia is TRULY de real foundation!

EmpressC has said a lot of things that I would like to say so Im just gonna say "ditto".

but I must say that Positive_Vibration I really dont think you are "getting it." I not getting you at all my friend! And the quiet readers may not be gettin it either.

I not asking you to overstand Black SUpremacy and prove to me how much you are a fighter in JahArmy....I SIGHT that already! You must be confident ok? Your works are indeed for the greater good.

But let me say this clearly to you...the reason why you and many others here have problems with terms like 'my people' is because the truth and reality is (this is the impression u gave me) that you all have rejected your own.you lackin de LOVE and sweet feeling that goes with being proud of your roots...for you are a leaf or a branch of that strong root!

if this is so, how then can you be comfortable when I say my people, your people? I already told you we are One under the banner of Iration. We are different shades/hues of the same...but the essence of our shades is what drives us to sight the Almighty in albeit different ways....we were created that way...the Iniverse is about different energies, vibrations and reactions so what can one expect here on earth?

You've (I mean in general) got to stop telling us you 'overstand this and overstand that' about Afraka and Rastafari and what its all about. Its time to move beyond 'gettin acceptance' to really act out in the way that you will be best at....educatin your own! promoting your own! LOVING your own! How can I look at the history and current actions of a race/hue and feel love if that people cant for itself. Fixin our global problem is not by running away from the core of destruction. the same way we have had to burn in it for centuries, you must as well and I know you are, but you arent CONQUERING! You have that power that we could never have! Your destiny is birthed by your root! and guess what, it would really help mine out if you dug deeper!!

Jah works has many meanings, it is not solely focused on Black Supremacy, that is one thread in the rope that will strangle dem downpressors of any colour and culture.

RastafarI Blessings! Selassie I know!

EmpressGong

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 02:55:28 AM »

That really helped loads and uplifted me simueltaneously, Empress Gong.

I can say now that I truly "overstand," and I apologize for past confusion.

Thank you...I will continue meditating on that and continue working on that roar, so to speak.

Bless

EmpressGong

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2006, 02:58:35 AM »

hey now,

what do the Sistren ALWAYS say on this site?

NO APOLOGIES! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Militancy is the call and de ordah!

EmpressGong

rasta_dattha

« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2006, 04:32:21 PM »

JAH BLESS,
         Give thanks EmpressGong, you are truly are teacher. One that teaches truths and rights with humility and humbleness. Our mission as sons and dattas of the Most HIGH, is to teach the truth about the Rastafarians and our story.

The Rastafarian movement has as its chief aim the complete destruction of all vestiges of white supremacy.Thereby putting an end to economic exploitation and the social degradation of the Black people.

JAH did not say " come let us  make underpriviledged man,middle class man,rich man or slaves." He said '' come let us make man." The existence of all of those is a product of white supremacy.

RASTAFARIANS ARE THE APOSTLES OF THE BLACK CHRIST.

WE DEFEND BLACK SUPREMACY.

I GIVE THANKS TO THOSE ONES THAT ARE ON THIS SITE TEACHING, LEARNING, SHARING, GIVING, AND  ACCEPTING OUR TRUTH (STORY) WITH HUMBLENESS ,HUMILITY  AND WITH LOVE.
                                          JAH BLESS U ALL.  [smiley=cool.gif]

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2006, 09:31:35 PM »

hey now,

what do the Sistren ALWAYS say on this site?

NO APOLOGIES! [smiley=laugh.gif]

Militancy is the call and de ordah!

EmpressGong
"

Yes I!

Jah Ras Tafari bless your days

joeyb

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2006, 03:25:24 PM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the Tim Wise link, blazing a white FYH for 1nce!

OneLove

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2006, 03:42:37 PM »

Thanks yet again Empress, this post brought Irie vibes and much clarity...
Keep the Fiyah burning, it's a blessing to have you around !

Jah Live
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.