Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: De Real Foundation of Black Supremacy  (Read 11387 times)

JMchen0918

Re: De Real Foundation of Black Supremacy
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2009, 04:31:17 AM »

We think that it was the ones to read and overstand that even when one reaches out to education and, science in particular. Thanks for sharing.

FaLChick

• Newbie User
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2009, 12:20:10 AM »

I have a pproblem with the 'my people' and 'your people' stuff too.   Even if I cannot (which I can), but even if i cannot name things off that 'my people' have done (my people - what a joke - where do i draw the line?), it doesn't mean i've rejected my own. . . i'm white yes - i'm feeling the concepts behind conscious reggae music (so would that be classified as "your people"?), as i feel some alternative music (that would be a "my people" thing right? - im not too sure i guess you would know better).   Even if I did not like anything culturally contributed by "your people" i'm not gonna sit here and big ups on a white supremacist tip.   Theres so much to learn from so many people.   I get it that yeah you wanna learn about africans, afrians will probably be able to teach you best. .  you want to learn about women. . . then yes a woman is probably the best person to talk to.   Adn that you are probably most likely to be able to relate to and understand someone who looks like you, etc. . .  But wat is with the supremacist nonsense?  It was wrong when some misguided people used it in the first place, how can you condone such a term?

To be completely honest with you though, im not "proud" to be white.   Im not "proud" to be a woman.   Im not proud to be "physically able bodied".   Im not proud to be 5'2''.   Im not proud to have a 'nice' job.   I just AM.   Dont get me wrong i am very happy with who i am but its more that I feel humbly blessed for everything that is I.   I see it as a privilege.   I recognize the privilege that has been accorded to me in certain regards.   And i use that privilege for the greater good.   I recognize and appreciate the great thoughts, ideas, inventions, movements, arts and cultures that i find across the globe.   And whatever i am able to learn from them, I use for the greater good.   To be honest, i AM proud of one thing.   Im proud to be a part of a movement towards making this world a better place, and to me thats all that matters.   I am proud of this because it is something that i have CHOSEN to do.   I cant help my skin colour, my sex, my age, my physical traits. . .  and frankly i dont care what it is.   Im not concerned abot what my ancestors did or what 'my people' did.   I mean thats great and all, but i will not let it define who i am.   I learn from their successes and their mistakes as I learn from everyone's successes and mistakes.   I am human before i am anything.   And as a human striving for a better place, a place where we can get along and understand that we are all interconnected, I dont see terms like Black Supremacy, White Supremacy, your people vs.  my people as being conducive to anything positive for people as a whole.

So tell me, who are "your people".   How does this 'people' thing work?  Cause i think i know a whole heap of 'people' who would be confused and not too sure of where they would fit in.   Dont you see?! You are providing another means of seperation between people in a time where we should be coming together and eliminating those divisions!  How do you think a white person in a room would feel when you start talking about "Black Supremacy".   How would you feel if they started going on about "White Supremacy"? Its not necessary.  We can learn from each other without the discrepancies.

surfmon_I

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 12:24:29 PM »

Greetings FalChick,
  This topic, as well as the other you have posted up on may very well not be replyed to, as many of these original members have journeyed onward.  I thought I might share a few thoughts.
  When I responded to EmpressGong at first coming to this site and mustering the excitement and words to reply, I realized there is a completely different mindset of ones that were teaching the view from a different perspective.  I am not saying it is right or wrong, just different.  It was shortly after that reply, the empressgong, chose to leave due to the infiltration (percieved by her) of dilution of the Rastafari movement by us.
  In this world of ours, we can see the engine of polarity at work in every moment.  Extrem opposites that with the back and forth keep the shift and friction going.  If we look far deeper into our past, it is there as well.  Ever read the Enki Summarian Texts ?, well it is there as well, form a space age travelers that "created" Earthlings that eventually repeat the Niburian mistakes here on Earth.  If we look, we can see it everywhere.

There is an element that transcends this view, and it is here that we are One.  EmpressGong, showed that to I when I looked with different eyes at what I had written.  Although we never got to finish the reasoning, mainly because it took I so long to process and come back, the Idea of Oneness and separation is a difficult one to explain.  We are different yet the same.  To have the World come to see that and Act that way, has yet to be achieved in times of Peace, for we are always in a state of CONfliction. 
  It is interesting though, that for the topics to respond to, you chose to go to these two, and I wonder if you are interested in taking it further.  If you woulk like a link to another site, where this type of heated disscission is always on the burner, I can forward it.

OneLove, JAHLove.
  ~S~

FaLChick

• Newbie User
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2009, 05:25:39 AM »

Forgive me if I'm completely off base, i'm not close to 'overstanding' anything about the rastafari movement.   But from what I have experienced, it places a huge emphasis on discussion, communication, learning from each other, medication and listening to each other to understand each other.   Isn't it about being one with each other?  Is everyone suppose to agree with her?  If we all agreed we wouldnt be in this mess to begin with.   I feel she is misled.

Enki Summarian Texts - haven't even heard of it  - ill read it still.   What is it? Ahh i can google that.   More importantly - what does it mean to you?

"There is an element that transcends this view, and it is here that we are One.   EmpressGong, showed that to I when I looked with different eyes at what I had written.   Although we never got to finish the reasoning, mainly because it took I so long to process and come back, the Idea of Oneness and separation is a difficult one to explain.   We are different yet the same. "   -  would love to read this thread. . .  link?

"To have the World come to see that and Act that way, has yet to be achieved in times of Peace, for we are always in a state of CONfliction. " - As we will remain if people keep finding excuses to differentiate from each other.   I know we are different.   We should embrace those differences, but we shouldnt use them to condone talks like "your people" "my people". . .   It's sad how she assumes that just because someone identifies (either partly or wholly) with a culture that is not perceived by society as being 'related to your race', doesn't mean you have a problem with anything that is not part of that culture.   Does that mean that because she identifies with her culture that she rejects "white" culture - if you wanan call it that? LoL i cant even have a discuussion using terms like my people, your people, it screws up my logic and i get confused and nothing makes sense anymore. . .  you cant even break down culture by "your people" and "my people", its jsut not definable.   She's essentially created divisions that have been with us for centuries, divisions that she has recognized as wrong, and is maintaining those divisions through 'enlightened dialogue'.   It boggles my mind.

Anwyays :)  Yes, I was on a different thread looking for info - i hit next and got the melatonin thread (unbelievable), i ended up at an index and saw the "supremacy" term and it was kind of the same topic so i had a look.   I was so frustrated by the end of my post i left.   Havent even seen what else is on here :)

Yea yea, send those site links still.   Would love to get a better idea from where people are coming from.   I mean of course i think im right ;) but im definately open to seeing how others perceive what im saying and maybe being proved wrong :) - its all about understanding where each is coming from, sharing that knowldge, and learning to be better people from it.

Havent done the forum thing ever actually :)  Ive read alot, but never commented. . .  one of those moods i guess :)  ITs kinda nice - i like reading more than i like writing tho.   Often my questions are asked an answered before the end of a thread.   I prefer discussing these things in person. . . i lose my train of thought when i write LOL. . . 

Im glad someone answered - and it wasnt some kind of nonesense.   I wasnt even going to bother checking, but i thought - jsut maybe.   I actually ended up having this conversation with a few people - who agreed, probably to shut me up. . .  im totally open to dialogue.

So thanks! :)

surfmon_I

« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2009, 12:05:38 AM »

Glad to read your words Sistren.  Please DO keep checking up and asking, seems the time always comes when we least expect it. 
  I do not remember the thread, but the message was a powerful one when I think back on the words... It showed that there are ones that see things completely differently from our own perspective. 
  Forums are a tricky place, we must be as real as we can possibly be without giving too much personal away.  But to use these places to have confliction, is not so hard to see.  It is a pleasure to get to reason with each other in a brotherly and sisterly fashion.  It is only as much as we give that we recieve.  The site is one that has neen talked of on the main board, World of Jah.  It is true that it is completely a different vibe than Nicks.  But, like you sai, it is always nice to get a different view.  Humility always goes a long way, and no one knows it all, JAH know.
  I agree on the level of oneness as expressed in the omission of using "my" people, "your" people.  One of the Beautiful things of writing with I speak, is that what we build in our words comes from a common , Exceptional ONENESS. It is a place where there is no Me or You, and I have always like that Idea.    A place where God  Has touched each of us.  When we look with these eyes, we may glimpse the Love we are capable of, ( I am still trying ).  When we interact with each other, and come away brighter, happier, that is where we shine.

~S~

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 1.104 seconds with 21 queries.