Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Dog Food for Kenyan Children?  (Read 15098 times)

newrasta

Re: Dog Food for Kenyan Children?
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2006, 05:54:32 AM »

I agree with you Wahine, eating dog food is much better than death. But I'm thinking, couldn't they offer more than just dog food? Dog food's better than nothing, but couldn't they get the same amount of dog food they had in human's food?

Lost_Soul

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2006, 06:02:55 AM »

Ras Evan this New Zealand woman feeds this food 2 her own children & eats it herself. They say its fit for human consumption. I know I would rather eat than starve to death. People feed rice to their dogs, does that mean rice is dog food?

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2006, 06:03:30 AM »

Sorry Ras Evan. [smiley=smiley.gif]
I wasn't showing support for it. That was an article that i saw in the paper.
While i am sure that to some of those people eating dog food would be preferable to death, i think it is insulting to offer "dog food".
As i said earlier, perhaps if she had labelled it as a nutricious supplement instead of dog food, her idea might have gone down better. I think to most people the mere thought of eating something that is meant for animal consumption is a real put off.

newrasta

« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2006, 06:16:05 AM »

Sorry Ras Evan. [smiley=smiley.gif]
I wasn't showing support for it. That was an article that i saw in the paper.
While i am sure that to some of those people eating dog food would be preferable to death, i think it is insulting to offer "dog food".
As i said earlier, perhaps if she had labelled it as a nutricious supplement instead of dog food, her idea might have gone down better. I think to most people the mere thought of eating something that is meant for animal consumption is a real put off.

Yeah, I'm not showing support for it either, offering dog food to kids is pretty insulting. But seeing those television shows asking you to "adopt" and African child and support him/her makes me feel so bad for those kids, and seeing them in such conditions makes me think, "dog food is better than nothing."

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 06:26:54 AM »

True Ras Evan.
I sponser a child in the Kanombe community in Rwanda but it is probably still not enough to really help.
Lost_Soul, not picking on you or anything but rice has been a staple diet for many different people and cultures and although i am well aware that it is fed to animals (my mother feeds it to her cat) i doubt it would ever be labelled as pet food.
And i think that is the biggest problem here. It is the label "Dog Food" that offends everyone.
Mrs Drummond can eat as much of it as she likes, but at the end of the day she was the one who labelled it as dog food.

Amandel

« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2006, 02:38:32 PM »

Misgana,

Have you seen that New Zealand woman eat this "nutricious supplement" a.k.a 'dog-food' on t.v? I'm not having that story, untill she mixes the powder with water and eat it on t.v, i won't believe she has good intentions. It seems like a cheap marketing stunt to me, she gives food in good faith and sales will automatically go up. As for giving the money of the dog food to existing charity organisations, i'm not having that one either. Time and time again it has been proven that these organisations don't achieve as much as what they say on paper. If these organisations had good intentions, why do their workers live lavish lifestyles in these poor countries, where do they get the money from?
That's one of the reason's i don't give money to any of those organizations, had a bad experience with one. They took my money and disappeared with it. Not that it matters because i gave it in good faith, but it hurt me to see how evilous some people can be. The problem isn't feeding them, it's letting them remove themselves from that cycle which WE (yes all of us) in the west put them in the first place.

It shows exactly how some white people view black people. Regarding the comment better to eat dog food than die. I'm thinking how much of you actually went hungry in your life. In the caribbean dog-food is an insult, it's even worse than cat-food. And ofcourse that father will say better to eat it than die, but he's only thinking about the small picture. Eating this imported food will only make the situation worse, the local produce won't be sold. I don't know how much of you know about economics and market. But sadly enough some will have to die in order for the majority to stay alive, but Africa was so foolish to accept all the aid it can possibly get and didn't know to protect their market. I'm not disputing that in some cases they needed all the help they can get. But in most of the cases the UN knew that there was a massive starvation on the way and they never took the necessary steps to insure that it doesn't exceed the the goverment's capability of handling the situation.

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2006, 05:41:51 PM »

This woman was on the news eating a meal that supposedly contained the "nuticious supplement". I didn't see her put it on her food or see her mix it together with water.

onajourney2berasta

• Regular User
  • all shall witness when babylon fall
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

i wish i could spit in that ladies face [smiley=angry.gif]
reed jordan,
JAh bless
let JAH light come shineing in

EmpressGong

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2006, 08:30:17 PM »

PrinceZ, my beloved Empress_ez!!!

Thanks for posting what you did sis! Take me back to my studies! Reminds me of our old reasonings..

but Sistren is right. This issue can be looked at in so many ways...I already expressed my view on the social side, but from the economic and political side? This is just about money money money for the WEST not AFRAKA..this isnt about correcting the root problem which is that PEOPLE ARE STARVING. Why are they starving? How did that happen? How will it be fixed? Could these things be addressed instead of a woman marketing nasty dog food?

Aid is never about truly helping those in need, aid is about prolonging the state of destitution and making the problem even harder to correct becuz it is buried 6 ft under the BS.

FYAH pun all dem so!

EmpressGong

paco

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2006, 07:41:01 AM »

a crime: [While over 20 percent of the population of Kenya starves, maize is actually being exported from the country! Foreign capitalists are buying it in bulk and exporting it to other parts of Africa where it can be sold for a profit thus pushing the prices even higher.]

another way of seeing-- http://www.revolutionaryleft.com/index.php?showtopic=46626
Whoever Brought Me Here, Will Have To Take Me Home - - -Rumi

moonfall

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2006, 09:23:26 PM »

Some people are jackasses, maby they were just trying to be dicks/ a publicity stunt.  But in the end why would you even offer dog for to and human?  Who in there rite mind thinks that way. "D" class meat is considerd the meat that is made into dog food, and "A" class meat is well things like good cuts of steak.  For a wile I know that Taco Bell usto use "D" class meat.  Is this rite?

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2006, 09:30:21 PM »

a crime: [While over 20 percent of the population of Kenya starves, maize is actually being exported from the country! Foreign capitalists are buying it in bulk and exporting it to other parts of Africa where it can be sold for a profit thus pushing the prices even higher.]

another way of seeing-- http://www.revolutionaryleft.com/index.php?showtopic=46626

Now this is so sick it doesn't even need any explanation, I bet those wicked people in charge for exporting the maize are really wealthy and well fed while they're starving out all the people.. !!!!!!!!!!! It's time to seriously think in depth how these situations can be solved (without bloodshed) so that the people get the corn and not some rich businessman who then sells it on.. !

Bless

Jason

• Full User
  • www.rastafarispeaks.proboards60.com/index.cgi
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2006, 08:33:21 PM »

what are careless and heartless woman burn in fyah
JAH Guides over us everyday, JAH Protects Us Everday
SO I GIVE THANKS AND PRAISES EVERYDAY!

One love
JAH BLESS  www.rastafarispeaks.proboards60.com/index.cgi

sweetness

« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2006, 01:34:37 AM »

i find this topic sickening ...how can this woman think like this!!!wanting to feed the children dog food..i find it ignorant and down right inhuman [smiley=embarassed.gif]why dont she eat it...the waste and offal what goes in to dog food..what is she thinking!!  [smiley=huh.gif]

T.H.C

« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 12:56:34 PM »

I think that she had nothing else but good intensions with that,,because if she would be a bad person she would not use THE NAME DOG FOOD and she would cover the name as something else and try to make a hero out of herself . . on nacional TV. . . and on the other hand she even eats that food herself and feeds it to her 2 childrens . . i am not saying that africans dont deserve the best like everyone else but even in my country(former yugoslavia) 60-years ago they were eating much worse things to survive and even 40 years ago was not pretty much better but if u are hungry u gotta eat to survive even bob marley in his young days in the words of rita marley "we had days searching for food in the dump. . "u can see people were prepared to do really anything to survive . . and my conclusion is if they dont want her "food" dont take it but please dont say she ha bad intensions. . . !!!PEACE FOR ALL !!! and i am sorry for al typing mistakes my mother language is not english and I epologize again . . ZBOGOM V MIRU
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 21 queries.