Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Why Is The Cross In Christianity?  (Read 7172 times)

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Why Is The Cross In Christianity?
« on: May 04, 2004, 05:19:42 PM »

I just wanted to give a brief history in the symbol of Christianity known to all as the "cross"

ACT 10: 38-40

"How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power; who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with Him. And we are witness of all things which he did both in the land of the Jews, and in Jerusalem; whom they slew and hanged on a TREE. Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly"

So Acts show us that Jesus died by being hung from a TREE. Yes the Roman empire at the time was excuting people by hanging them on crosses. But here in this passage it speaks of something different. And the question is how this "cross" symbol became the symbol or respesention of Christainity?

Well lets look at Anicent Egypt. And the symbol of life called the "ANKH" when you see this symbol meaning life its a close resemblence to the "cross". And as the Christianity faith has unnaturally took out the represention of the woman/female with, Father, Son, & Holy Ghost. In Anicent Egypt it was Father, Mother, and Child. This is depicted in the anicent writtings and drawings of the anicent Africans for the GOD known as "Heru/ Horus" the child of "Auset/Isis". If you have ever seem any small statues of her and Heru it looks like the Virgin Mary with baby Jesus. BTW the statues are representives of Egyptian God/Goddess that are 20,000 years older than Christianity from Antioch (birth place of modern christianity)!! So again Rastafari is "Heru" in the second coming for He himself Selassie I was the only begotten child of his mother!

One
TREE-NATTY
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
Re: Why Is The Cross In Christianity?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 05:28:14 PM »

Jesus Christ used the symbol himself , but wit a letter P on top of cross an alpha to omega symbols underneath ( beginning to end).This is why it is associated with Jesus.Not the crucifiction.What is BTW ?
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

Major Scorpion

• Senior User
  • Red, Gold and Green are the colours of I heart!
    • Mr.T SoulJah Myspace
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2004, 08:44:01 PM »

BTW is by the way

justwondering

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 01:10:40 AM »

tree has some very good points

Ryan

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2004, 02:49:09 AM »

People will come up with many points to guide us away from the truth, look at all the lies about Haile Selassie.

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 05:04:08 PM »

Herbs
Actually Jesus symbol that he made was of a fish! I never heard him making a cross? Please where did you get that info from?

BTW
The cross is made in this way.... draw a cross with even north/south and east west lines. Than draw a circle around all the lines. Where its a circle with four sections within it. This is the cross of the earth meaning.....earth, air, water, and fire. That what the cross stands from the "elements my brother the elements"- Countryman

One
TREE-NATTY

herbsman

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 07:12:23 PM »

dear tree-natty
Yes I learned this about a year ago in college class called "Philosophy in religions".Jesus made the mark of the cross then put a P on top with the Alpha to omega letters unerneath the horizontal line.I dont want to upset anyone here but the crucifiction never happened.The cross is associated with Jesus because like I said.That was HIS mark.The P ontop representing PHISH as in alpha-bet of that time.He called himself "the phish".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 07:13:03 PM by herbsman »
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 07:38:39 PM »

dear tree-natty
Yes I learned this about a year ago in college class called "Philosophy in religions".Jesus made the mark of the cross then put a P on top with the Alpha to omega letters unerneath the horizontal line.I dont want to upset anyone here but the crucifiction never happened.The cross is associated with Jesus because like I said.That was HIS mark.The P ontop representing PHISH as in alpha-bet of that time.He called himself "the phish".

hee hee!
Herb you learned in a Philosophy (greek word meaning "opinion") in religions class? LOL ok now I can see where you are coming from. Well the only thing I have to say about that is SCJC was known to speak in a dead language called Amaric now modern version is called Amahric. This tongue is spoken only in one place Ethiopia! Now what you are saying is that  SCJC that is described as a African and speaking African tongue would used a GREEK symbol to desrcibe or respresent himself??? WOW!!!! As a inteligent thinking being I cannot and will not swallow that!
Also where does the fish come from? Oh let me guess the Hebrew/Greek zodaic? And remember that SCJC was Nazerine not Hebrew! You just don't make sense of what you said of the FACTS that are out there. But then again neither does SCJC!!

One
TREE-NATTY

herbsman

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 10:26:50 PM »

haa haa , lmao, like u said "it doesnt make sense".
what is SCJC ?
you asked me a question and Im just telling you  where I learned that...hee , hee hee

Ryan

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 10:38:35 PM »

Yes, i agree the fish is much more important then the cross. He never pointed out to were the cross or that it his symbol.

justwondering

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2004, 04:08:55 AM »

i think that it would have been more likely for Jesus to mark a fish than a cross, due to the fact that at that time in history the romans were using the cross to crucify people. i feel that the cross is in christianity because it was a sign to remember as to what jesus died on

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2004, 03:04:16 PM »

due to the fact that at that time in history the romans were using the cross to crucify people. i feel that the cross is in christianity because it was a sign to remember as to what jesus died on

I just want to add to what JUst said starting at

"it was a sign FOR ROMANS to remember as to what Jesus died on"

Very Very good point JUST! (just needed to be modified)

One
TREE-NATTY

conspiracytheory

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2004, 10:19:42 PM »

the symbol of the fish, was used by rebel christians when the romans outlawed the practice of christianity. It was simmilare to a flag in that sense. Jesus himself was not alive when the fish was coined as a symbol of his following

but who cares. To a christian jesus died on the cross, so thus the cross is the symbol of jesus dieing for their sins, who cares what they belive. Why is it a problem they have the cross, did rasta call that symbol first or something?
« Last Edit: May 07, 2004, 10:24:14 PM by conspiracytheory »

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2004, 07:44:49 PM »

Why is it a problem they have the cross, did rasta call that symbol first or something?

Its really not a problem but one must know what these symbols mean.  Basically what I was pointing out is that Christianity has the most PAGAN symbolism in any religion! The cross is a PAGAN/Babylon symbol. But man has turn that around just as they do a lot of things. And then say now the PAGAN symbol is Holy and Sacred. See this is a pure example of Westerns changing the face of God! He called the African ANKH a devil symbol. Took out the represention of the female and said that the TREEnity is Father, Son and Holy Ghost! But no woman involved??
If this is the type of thing that SCJC (so-called Jesus Christ) is promising me in His heaven I don't want to go there! Cause they are no females!!! If I cannot have sex with a woman in Christianity heavan please show me hell. Cause I well be in hell in Christ's heaven!!!
Thats why I search for HER (heaven) on earth!!! So I will have her in the afterlife!!!

One
TREE-NATTY

justwondering

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2004, 07:16:41 PM »

thank you tree
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.