Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: London Based Rasta Meetings  (Read 12077 times)

iron

London Based Rasta Meetings
« on: April 23, 2006, 04:19:56 PM »

Hello

I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I am keen to learn more about the Rasta faith and way of life. I don't particularly just want to read books etc, as I find that is a bit of a dry way to learn anything.

I wondered if there was anywhere where Rasta people might meet up and share their knowledge and thoughts with people who are looking to understand more or learn about it all. Would like to find people who enjoy discussion and sometimes having their foundations shaken a little!

I am in North London and would very much appreciate if anyone could let me know if there are any such places to meet up with Rasta people.

Thanks in advance
Regards

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
Re: London Based Rasta Meetings
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2006, 08:13:08 PM »

seen sistah
i would like to go to some Rasta meetings.
i live in south coast UK.
we rastas need to unite physicaly.
jah love Ashley
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 09:43:50 PM »

I am close to East London and if the sister wants somebody to go along with her, I would be really happy to go.  Another alternative would be to all meet up somewhere, or I would be happy if people wanted to come to my home.  I have room and we could get together for reasoning.

Ras_Gideon

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2006, 12:08:17 PM »

InI is not sure, but is there not a rasta community living in kensigton or somewere close to that?
the that I talk of is the one were Bob stayed when he was in london, I know lambeth coucil has tried to remove the bredren fro there but the I is not sure wether that has taken place yet.
bless

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2006, 12:12:31 PM »

I believe that was the rasta community in south london, near Camberwell South London  They were all evicted a few months ago and it was on T.V news.  I will make enquiries of rasta friends closer to London and see if there is an alternative community / meeting place.

iron

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 12:24:05 PM »

Hello

Thank you all for your help so far.

I must just add, in case it makes a difference, I am not a Rasta or cannot call myself a Rasta as of yet.  I am at this point wanting to learn about it and find out about it. Hence my question.

Thanks and regards

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 02:34:33 PM »

Lioness, i dont see any reason why you couldnt go as long as you are sincere. everyone has to start somewhere, and i have always found that the best information comes from the horses mouth.when i first started to reason, i found that going to reasoning groups really opened me up and enabled me to feel Jah spirit around me, and helped me to overstand what it was that i was carrying around with me, and i felt that i was where i belonged. i miss that connection with others, drawing on each others faith, and being humbled in the presence of the elders. there is no feeling quite the same. i do hope you will give it a try, and i will do my level best to travel in the next couple of weeks.
Jah blessings, Jo x
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Samson

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 03:38:01 PM »

The perfect place would be a place in dalston (east london)
Ithiopia Ible Studies
Every Tuesday 7:30 - 9:30
@ Visions suit, 588a kingsland Road Dalston E8

Natty_Fred

• Mr.
  • Veteran User
  • Herbalise and REALISE...
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 11:19:01 AM »

Greetings and regards back home (North London is my family's home too)
Although I hail from there, my family now is in Milton Keynes.....pretty close still.

I'm in Malawi right now working as a Food Security Officer for a CBO (Community Based Organisation). It's voluntary which means I always need to raise funds...

Which is why i'll be coming back to England in August some time, for 2/3 months.

I'd love to hook up with ANYONE wanting a good chat/smoke/union together....

I've no problem coming down to London, or even sitting at someones yard instead of a public meeting place.....all's easy when you relax-it-up....
What you reckon Molliebaz?.....you're also free to hike up to MK and crash at mine.

I've ALOT of interesting things i'd like to discuss......and from experiencing first hand the situation in Malawi for Rasta's and people in general.....

If anyone would like a union in September some time.......i'd love to make it happen, be it London or MK...

Take care brothers and sisters...

Freddy
Cultivation...

BlackBeauty

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:53:55 PM »

Gideon you our right about the the Rasta Headquarters in kensington. I use to go there as a child because my relatives were very involved.
The council have been trying to evict them (even though they owned nearly the whole street) from time as there is alot of drug use and I think people started to abuse HQ (as I know it being called) with selling herb.
I also went to their bingis and my cousin was christened there.There was good vibes back then,with music that vibrated your soul, beautiful childhood memories, don't know what it is like now as my relatives are no longer involved (dispute over something).
I will say this though, I did witness racism when a white man came with his child to enquire about their nursery and was turned away because of his colour.They didn't say this to him out right but my mum explained to me.I was so shocked  [smiley=shocked.gif] by this but now that I'm older I think it was a setup with the council to try and get them out.
After my family stop being involved we heard that their were people getting shot.Wouldn't advise you to go there now as I think it has gone down hill.

I too would also like to find somewhere, as I myself wouldn't go to the one in Kensington. Thank you to the people that posted ways to communicate with other Rasta reasoning people
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 12:55:13 PM by BlackBeauty »

Bro.SimeonTafari

• Regular User
  • EACH ONE TEACH ONE! iGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 05:35:33 PM »

TENASTALIGN!

GREETINGS OF LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE

RASTAFARI

SEEN THIS SIGHT IMAN A TRY FE HELP WID ONES OT THERE .
NORTH LONDON HAS THE TOTINGHAM MASSIVE AND ALSO SOUTH HAS 12 TRIBES OF ISRAEL ORGANIZATION IN STREATHAM NEAR BRIXTON

IMAN SHALL BE AT I LAST DANCE AT BRIXTON BEFORE DEPARTING FOR ETHIOPIA ON 4TH SEPT.

THE DANCE IS AT BRIXTON REC AND FEATURES ABA SHANTI I AND KING SHILOH AND JAH TUBBYS

25TH AUGUST 12 POUNDS AND FROM 9PM TIL 6AM

IMAN WILL BE OWRKING PON I FOODS STALL WITH BRO STEVE NAPTHALI OR SKANKING MADLY WITH BRO ABA!

IF ANY CAN ATTEND THEN IMAN CAN EASILY LINK PEOPLE TOGETHER AND NEW FRIENDSHIPS CAN BE FORGED!

SELASSIE I

BRO SIMEON TAFARI

BY THE WAY THE EWF AND OVAL SQUAT IN SOUTH LONDON HAVE STIL GOT A FEW MEMBERS AROUND BUT APPARENTLY LOT FEWER THAN WHEN IMAN USED TO GO THERE.

JAH LOVE

RASTAFARI

IGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!!

BlackBeauty

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 11:58:17 AM »

Thanks for the info Bro.SimeonTafari.I live 20 minutes from Brixton and would love to get my dancing shoes on and meet new people.
Bonus with the food!  [smiley=grin.gif]

Jah Bless
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 11:58:44 AM by BlackBeauty »

Love_Sponge

• Senior User
  • Rasta Love
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 10:35:57 PM »

Greetings Bro.SimeonTafari,

Thank you for the notification, im in Manchester but if i can find a way to come there i shall it would be really wonderful to meet some people from this forum.

Jah Bless all [smiley=smiley.gif]
we are ONE so why are we so divided??

SlyOne

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »

im from south west london, near kingston/richmond if you know the area. doesn't seem to be any official rasta meeting things around here, but you can never be 100% sure. I'll keep my eye out in the future

Bro.SimeonTafari

• Regular User
  • EACH ONE TEACH ONE! iGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2006, 11:17:49 AM »

tenastalign!

greetings of Love to each and everyone!

Sis Black Beauty Hope that you make it to the dance pon 25th do come hail Iman up pon the food stall, I will be wearing I ethiopian robes.
As for manchester Bro Love Sponge, why not join we pon the megabus.com bus tickets return to london from manchester is under 12 pounds.

this will be I last UK dance and alot of friends and artists are hopefully passing through to send I home in fine stylee.

JAH LOVE and Blessings

Bro Simeon Tafari

Guidance
IGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.