Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A question for the TRUE Rastas.  (Read 5773 times)

Regdan

A question for the TRUE Rastas.
« on: May 10, 2006, 12:02:32 AM »

Those who have given everything to celebrate in honor of their Rasta beliefs, I wish to ask a few questions.

I am not here to enforce any of my gathered beliefs from multiple religions/livities upon any, but is it wrong for one to do such a thing? Rather it be peaceful or violent? Is it still wrong to enforce your own faith upon another?

Also, is it in your belief that only those that are Rasta can truly be righteous? Or is it possible for a Christian or Jew to obtain such a status? (I am aware we are all righteous in the eyes of Jah, but I want to see how you think of it.)

I don't want ANY quotes from any gather source, I want it directly from the believer. The ability to copy/paste quotes shows me nothing of your beliefs.

Bless.

surfmon_I

Re: A question for the TRUE Rastas.
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2006, 12:28:04 AM »

REspect all,  True is as true does.

Enforcing your faith upon another would be to compel observance.Force in otherwords. that would be wrong as it would breech freedom.  I think that to revel in the glory of your faith which by its light alone would gather others toward your faith would be more the way i see it. not to force.

Reiteousness is not only the domain of rasta.truth is universal and recognized by many, in many diffrent ways.

Although i may not be able to speak on TRUE RASTA, it IS the truth of i Heart, and i heart stands with RASTA.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 12:30:51 AM by surfmon_I »

Regdan

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2006, 12:48:12 AM »

Aye, good message bredren. I just needed to clarify that I didn't want the message of Bob Marley stoner fanatics posting in here, that's all.

NO disrespect to any.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2006, 02:35:42 AM »

I am not here to enforce any of my gathered beliefs from multiple religions/livities upon any, but is it wrong for one to do such a thing? Rather it be peaceful or violent? Is it still wrong to enforce your own faith upon another?

It must first be seen that ALL righteous paths lead to the same destination and every guru - whether Yeshua, Budha, Muhammed, or Selassie I - is yet a prophet to the same message. It must seen that one and all should step out of their box and take the good knowledge fruits from every path, as when the land is hit, the boat will be abandoned anyway.

On that note - you're asking Rasta people, myself included, who live a full-on Rasta livity and life, if it's alright to enforce path B, C, or D - when we're trodding A.

The thing one will never understand from being a freelance philosopher is livity and militance. The seriousness, the dedication, etc. Ones are not just representing when saying Rastafari is their life!!!

Also, is it in your belief that only those that are Rasta can truly be righteous? Or is it possible for a Christian or Jew to obtain such a status?

The fact is that both system have only become corrupted over time through particular people and leaders. It's not pure, and for every kneeling knee, there seems to spark another tribal war.

Selassie I is the perfect example of the perfectly righteous Christian - as he truly know what Christ meant! (not talking about Jesus!) - and ones accepting Yeshau will say he is the perfect example of the righteous Jew. So your answer is yes! But the dirtiness is burnt out everytime. 'Nyahbinghi' means 'death to all white and black opressors' - this won't change!

Selassie I

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2006, 10:09:58 AM »

Great posts everyone.. !

To force Rastafari on someone is NOT right, cause see Rastafari is found within Oneself and not thru force... All one can do is to plant a seed in the mind of people, it is up to the person if that seed grows so that Jah light up his way... I don't think christians or jews ar bad people at all, however those religions have been corrupted and twirted and are no longer standing for Truth... Is all just part of blindfolding and captivating people...

Jah Bless
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006, 10:10:36 AM by Positive_I-rations »

Regdan

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2006, 11:44:23 AM »

An honest and straightforward reply from the both of you.

Bless.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 05:34:16 PM »

Those who have given everything to celebrate in honor of their Rasta beliefs, I wish to ask a few questions.

I am not here to enforce any of my gathered beliefs from multiple religions/livities upon any, but is it wrong for one to do such a thing?

Is it wrong? Perhaps in some perspectives and in others it is not. I do not believe it is a positive thing to enforce beliefs.

Also, is it in your belief that only those that are Rasta can truly be righteous? Or is it possible for a Christian or Jew to obtain such a status? (I am aware we are all righteous in the eyes of Jah, but I want to see how you think of it.)

Of course not only Rasta can be righteous. A title does not define a person, their actions do.

One

Jah bless

Snake_Eater

• professional bud smoker
  • Full User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 07:54:40 PM »

as he truly know what Christ meant! (not talking about Jesus!)

Not Jesus, but Yashua, the Christ.  Us Rastas need to stop saying that Selassie was a follower of the "CHRIST SPIRIT", when he was a direct worshipper of a follower of Yashua The Messiah, Christ.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 09:02:24 PM »

as he truly know what Christ meant! (not talking about Jesus!)

Not Jesus, but Yashua, the Christ.  Us Rastas need to stop saying that Selassie was a follower of the "CHRIST SPIRIT", when he was a direct worshipper of a follower of Yashua The Messiah, Christ.

Yes, Selassie was the perfect CHRISTian however it was the self-annointment of Christ within that made HIM so divine afterall.

Selassie I blessings!

Amandel

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 07:17:14 PM »

The key word here is FORCE.
Proclaiming what you stand for or believ in isn't a form of force. It has more to do if the other party is or isn't putting up a resistance. For example.....Most people view Jehova Witnesses as a 'forcefull' group, but that's because you don't know how to deal with them. Jehovah Witnesses don't come to my place anymore, because i know more than the average person they visit, so they can't FORCE me (oh and i'm stubborn also [smiley=grin.gif]); but it's a matter of me refusing to just listen to them and not have anything to say.
I haven't come across a rasta that has forced his/her ideology on me. I like discovering things on my own (solving them also) and if I'm in need of help I'll always ask.

Ras_Gideon

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 07:23:29 PM »

no - forcing beliefs on people

yes - all people can achieve rightiousness

african_herbsman

« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 01:42:14 PM »

Greetings

If you try to force your beliefs on people youll get the opposite effect plus why force your beliefs on someone when the light is plain in sight

All people can an hopefully will achieve righteouness

Amlak Bandinet
Figir Bandinet
Igziabeher ou'Aqbar

Bro.SimeonTafari

• Regular User
  • EACH ONE TEACH ONE! iGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 05:18:32 PM »

tenastalign!
Igzahbier Yim mas Gan!

give Thanks for this post and time to read and reflect. Words Sounds and Powers. I personally wear Rastafari spectacles and sight what I alone see through them at a time. I harbour my view of ONE PEOPLE and I chose to use JAH PEOPLE to express that JAH the creator made us all. What one chants or says in the flesh is immaterial in so much as it is to the flesh and the intellect, the Spirit of Love and Unity from creation that is as it was in begining I pray will Be be so in the end. I chose to Live in Peace and Love and work harder towards seeing what at first i thought i could not.
time is waiting for no man it is said and so I chose the life I live and the clothes I wear and the words I spill from my lips. I hope to learn oneday a great deal about something and not a lot about nothing. I live to learn and learn to live in peace and love for all.
I extend my Love and Thanks to the Almighty first of All without whom nothing is possible and then unto each and everyone that comes to these wotds today.
God Bless Each and everyone.
Please let me know if I can be of any further help or if there are greater explantions required to these words.
Igzahbier Yim mas Gan!
Bro. Simeon Tafari
« Last Edit: May 22, 2006, 05:24:14 PM by Bro.SimeonTafari »
IGZAHBIER YIMMASGAN!!

HolyHerb

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:09:34 PM »

Greetings in the name of his imperial majesty Haile Selassie I,

First of all I don't believe anyone is righteous.  We all have a sinful nature, ever since Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden of Eden the human race has been cursed to a life of sin.  Not even JAH's chosen people are righteous.  Moses sinned, Abraham sinned and many other patriarchs did too.  So nobody is really righteous, we can try to lead a righteous life, but the only true righteous being in the universe is JAH Rastafari.  We are all sinners and not even close to true righteousness.

I have deeply meditated on this topic with several of my brothers and I personally think that all humans have a chance for salvation.  We are not saved by your ethnicity, background, creed or actions.  We are saved by the grace of the almighty God of Heavens Haile Selassie I.  The requirements to be saved is to have faith in JAH through better or worst.

How can someone be judged if they never heard the truth?  How can someone be damned if they never heard the word of JAH?  There is a difference between leading someone towards the truth, and forcing someone to accept your beliefs.  It's your duty as a Rastaman to let the whole world know about JAH, about how Ganja and God's lamb H.I.M can show us the way to eternal life.  But no man has the right to force another fellow man to believe or do something against their own will.  That's how the inquisition and slavery got started.  We are all one people; Black, white, yellow, red, etc...  God doesn't care where you come from all he cares for is your heart and faithfulness.

HolyHerb

Regdan

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 11:59:33 PM »

Greetings in the name of his imperial majesty Haile Selassie I,

First of all I don't believe anyone is righteous.  We all have a sinful nature, ever since Adam and Eve were expelled from the garden of Eden the human race has been cursed to a life of sin.  Not even JAH's chosen people are righteous.  Moses sinned, Abraham sinned and many other patriarchs did too.  So nobody is really righteous, we can try to lead a righteous life, but the only true righteous being in the universe is JAH Rastafari.  We are all sinners and not even close to true righteousness.

I have deeply meditated on this topic with several of my brothers and I personally think that all humans have a chance for salvation.  We are not saved by your ethnicity, background, creed or actions.  We are saved by the grace of the almighty God of Heavens Haile Selassie I.  The requirements to be saved is to have faith in JAH through better or worst.

How can someone be judged if they never heard the truth?  How can someone be damned if they never heard the word of JAH?  There is a difference between leading someone towards the truth, and forcing someone to accept your beliefs.  It's your duty as a Rastaman to let the whole world know about JAH, about how Ganja and God's lamb H.I.M can show us the way to eternal life.  But no man has the right to force another fellow man to believe or do something against their own will.  That's how the inquisition and slavery got started.  We are all one people; Black, white, yellow, red, etc...  God doesn't care where you come from all he cares for is your heart and faithfulness.

Truly the most effective post thus far.

Bless bredren.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 12:00:02 AM by Regdan »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.