Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Britain, Not bad!  (Read 4667 times)

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
Britain, Not bad!
« on: May 18, 2006, 08:18:13 AM »

It seems to me like Britain is a very secure place to all those involved in the Rasta movement and everyone else.

H.I.M went to Bath (in england) to escape Italy for a while.

Bob Marley moved to england after the assasination attempt.

Marcus Garvey died in London

Seems like a lot of the Rasta movement was someway involved with Britain. All those who say Britain is evil and babylon arnt correct. How can it be? Bob marley would not chose to live in babylon. H.I.M even went to Britain, and Marcus garvey chose to go there for treatment.

Britain was never a divided country, unlike USA and the South. Britain was in the slave trade, but what people dont relise was that they were the first to stop because the majority of people thought it was cruel and unjust. Which it was.

You hear about Tonly Blair and the Iraq war but thats not britain that is 1 Man that most people did not want. Its not britain its the polytricks and the government that are in Britain.

Im just saying

Bless
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

Ras_Gideon

Re: Britain, Not bad!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 06:29:42 PM »

breda, dont take this the wrong way, cos i know that we all love our homes.
but bro, the only thing the british have ever been good at is invading places and making slaves out of the natives, with out even going in to the empire, the english invaded every country that surrounded their own; wales, scotland and ireland.
are you at all familier with what the british did to the irish? have you ever heared of the black and tans?
now let us talk about the empire, this included the british destroying the cultures of the first nations in canada, murdering several tribes of native americans in what were the original colonies. the treatment of aboriginal peoples in australia who had their land, the lands of their ancestors taken away from them.
the british not only murdered people that they dubbed savages, they also raped and pillaged all that they could from the ancient indian kingdoms and egypt.
a good friend of mine once said that the british will never have a revolution because they are too scared of what they will lose. the governing classes in britain arent worried for the most part what the people do as long as they dont start causing trouble. this is the reason why Bob came here, because he could walk safely in the crowd (of people who will never cause trouble).
as for HIM coming to britain, wake up bro, it was the lesser of two evils, considering that fascists were in control of the rest of europe.
and babylon isnt controlled by borders, that is the reason why if we fight babylon in one land it appears in another, but we just keep fighting. as for tony blair...i cant be bothered wasting too many words on him, surfice to say that the Lord will judge him.
i mean no offence but all i have said is true.
bless

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 07:10:01 PM »

InI just wanted to point something out for the record, HIM nah went to England to escape Italy for a while, he lived there since he had to be present at all the League of Nation's council, and make his historic speech and such, he wanted to stay in Switzerland but they wouldnt allow him, they said that it would look as if Switzerland was taking sides, so England was his only choice, anyway what InI am trying to say is this, HIM nah went to rest a bit, or run from Italy, he went there to FIGHT FOR HIS COUNTRY, that was his only chance, his stay there wasnt too pleasant, he had to face racism, being away from his people while they were getting killed, he endured many sleepless nights because all of this and more.

InI know that you probably nah mean to hurt HIM's name, but the way you said it made it seem as if he was running away while his country and his people was suffering..

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2006, 07:56:05 PM »

Greetings and peace.

Big ups to the fiyah from Gideon and Ras Saadon.

Britain is one of the most evil empires ever in existence. They are the leader in technology that allows them to spy on their citizens. It is a government that supports the US and the invasion of Iraq. Evil.

Also, France was the first country to abolish slavery, not Britain.

How easily some are fooled...

One

Jah bless

Regdan

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2006, 08:35:27 PM »

What I don't understand if the constant focus on a countries past; the people that live in Britain today are not the same people that invaded my home country, Scotland. Or any other country for that matter.

I don't forgive the ancestors of England, but they have done nothing to wrong most countries now. Focusing on the past events and condemning a country will do nothing to help the future.

Yet, it still is evil in that is supports a bad war, but then again. You are never to sure if it's the politicians moves to say that in order to still have US support.

Bless.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2006, 09:06:32 PM »

What I don't understand if the constant focus on a countries past; the people that live in Britain today are not the same people that invaded my home country, Scotland. Or any other country for that matter.

I don't forgive the ancestors of England, but they have done nothing to wrong most countries now. Focusing on the past events and condemning a country will do nothing to help the future.

Yet, it still is evil in that is supports a bad war, but then again. You are never to sure if it's the politicians moves to say that in order to still have US support.

Bless.

We cannot move into the future without true knowledge of the past! This is a big part of Rastafari and the Rastaman or Rastawoman's trod.

We bring up the past because there's little seperation between then and now, in this case. Britain('s government) supported killing of innocent people then - they support killing of innocent people now.

I have no doubt that they want more US governmental support --- the US is worse!

Selassie I bless it

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2006, 09:31:57 PM »

Of course, they are not the same people, but they are the same rulers. It is the same government, it is the same dictatorship.

As far as the war, if they support it just to keep good relations with the US, it makes the support even that much more evil in nature.

One

Jah bless

Regdan

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2006, 02:47:48 AM »

We cannot move into the future without true knowledge of the past! This is a big part of Rastafari and the Rastaman or Rastawoman's trod.

We bring up the past because there's little seperation between then and now, in this case. Britain('s government) supported killing of innocent people then - they support killing of innocent people now.

I have no doubt that they want more US governmental support --- the US is worse!

Selassie I bless it

I do not think you understood at all what I was saying. I was saying that CONDEMNING a country for its past is WRONG. I never said RECOGNIZING and KNOWING its past is WRONG.

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2006, 04:00:11 AM »

I do not think you understood at all what I was saying. I was saying that CONDEMNING a country for its past is WRONG. I never said RECOGNIZING and KNOWING its past is WRONG.

And by recognizing and knowing the true history, the wrong-doing is seen.

No one here is 'condemning' Britain nor its people. It's simple observation of the past 400 years that it's governmental system is unjust.

Selassie I

M-Dub

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 03:29:46 PM »

Regdan - No one condemned Britain first of all. Secondly, I have given plenty of examples of why the country itself is currently evil. Some other things I have left out are the lack of compassion for the environment not only by the government but by the general population as well. Materialistic, self centered, evil. The US and Canada are the same. Don't be fooled by pride.

One

Jah bless

joeyb

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2006, 04:48:40 PM »

the only thing the british have ever been good at is invading places and making slaves out of the natives, with out even going in to the empire, the english invaded every country that surrounded their own; wales, scotland and ireland.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure if you've ever been to Britain but this is laughable. Oh, we have a monarchy and they used to run amok, sure, but that doesnt mean invading places is the only thing were good at. We've been invading loads of times, making us a mongrel race. Then we made our own empire (not a good move) and now we dont have one. Its like saying the only thing Italians are good at is stealing religions!

as for HIM coming to britain, wake up bro, it was the lesser of two evils, considering that fascists were in control of the rest of europe.

Check your history on that one, Saadon's already shed light on that.

Britain is not the best place on Earth. We help out with America's wars and are full of pride. But our citizens arent very oppressed by the government; its not on par with Nepal!! I still fight against the evil my country does, but making out that we are imperialists in rubbish.

OneLove

Soul-Jah

• Veteran User
  • man wombman child is the true trinity
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2006, 05:44:38 PM »

Greetings

how can ones say a country is evil sure their is evil people in this country and the ones in power are oppresing others, but i love my people, and am proud to be british my great grandfather fought and died in the second world war, so i could call myself british, i am and i love british working class people, nothing foolish about my british pride, i acknowledge and raspect my ancestors, cant deny my roots can I,
those in powerer a few and far between, the majority are good and oppressed check the work houses in the 1800s, the british upper class oppressed their own people, this is evil and continues today, but saying britain doasnt indicate thease people alone it indicates all of us, oh and dont forget the majority of white people in the usa and canada originate from britain, check the history british people stole the land of native people, pirates like columbus and cook did this, you guys originate and are in existance becouse of the evil acts of british people, does that mean you should hate yourselfs and are evil? of course not it just means you need to check your OUR history and learn from past mistakes, the way you guys are speaking you all hate yourselfs and your people

BIG UP JOEY true words you speak

blessed love

« Last Edit: May 20, 2006, 05:56:20 PM by soul-jah »
We believe in cooperation and collaboration to promote the cause of international security, the equality of man and the welfare of mankind.
 H.I.M JAH RASTAFARI
INI WALK IN ONENESS
BLESSED LOVE

Elect

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2006, 06:26:07 PM »

Soul_Jah take the words from my mouth!

a country cannot be evil...people in the country can be...but a country in an inanimate object...

Ras_Gideon

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2006, 08:15:01 PM »

Jambo breda,what do you mean by its laughable, i live in liverpool bro, ive lived here for years.
but the british are still destroying people, the support isreal, they support the US.
the british tried to destroy the irish through breeding them out. look at the problems in northern ireland, only the other day gerry adams tried to offer the hand of peace by nominating ian paisley (the leader of the loyalists) first minister in the stormont assembly but he threw it back in his face.
the british have made a lot of mistakes and unlike the germans and the italians who committed acts of horror during world war two and have apologised the british have cut the horror of the empire this out of their history books, i know this because i have a history gcse.
i never mentioned the monarchy, my point was that for years the british have murdered people for their own gain and the british people the proletariat or plebs or working class whatever you want to call them have never done anything about it.
and this continues as babylon takes away their freedom even more and force everyone to have those things that Jah gave us that make us different and put it on a computer.  i have no problem with the british people themselves, i love them
my friends are british. but they never try to stop anything or change it. britain is the only major power never to have had a full revolution (the civil war doesnt count - the monarchy was reinstated).
look at the things that have happened to the government since the begining of 2006, in no particular order; peadophile teachers, peerages for sale, the prisoners who were supposed to be deported, the NHS, the ministers blackmailing asylum seekers into sex for visas, the deputy primeminister sleeping with his pa (that destroyed clinton, but prescott is still here). [smiley=huh.gif]that is more than one crisis a month!!
in any other country this amount of shit would have sparked a revolution,(not even mentioning iraq would have started one on its own) but not in britain, because the british dont care. it's not their fault all prole societies are kept ignorant. they dont even care about their overnment enough to force a general election (which they can! one of the few countries that can infact) this is why they are guilty. a wise man once said "bad things happen when good people stand by and do nothing about them".
britain may have committed plenty of crimes in the past, but they are still committing them and that is why britain is evil. not the country but the state, the very system is decaying with sin and yet noone does a thing.
oh and soul jah the majority of white people in the US are actually germans austrians poles and slavic people along with a large quantity of irish
i know that my brothers are far from stupid, but we have to distance ourselves from our nationalities and face the problems that we create (irish people carry the shame of destroying many tribes of natives in the US, as well as our current problems as europeans) if we are to live in Jah as rasta man.
the time has come for change, this is our purpose, we must chant down babylon in all its forms even if it hurts.
seen?
Jah bless

Ras_Gideon

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2006, 08:15:59 PM »

i adressed the last post to jambo, i apologise it was meant to be joey
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.1 seconds with 21 queries.