Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Apathy  (Read 744 times)

plymrasta

Apathy
« on: February 17, 2005, 03:47:17 PM »

Is Apathy destroying the world?  my partner and i were watching a film last night (se7en) and Morgan Freeman made a good point.  it is easier to beat a child than to raise them,  it IS easier to close your eyes and stare ahead as you walk past the beggar.  now my partner (dear of her) pointed out that even though i had given to someone in need and left myself short i was not bitter.  i thought on this as it had not even crossed my mind that i should be.  the way i see it is this.  his need was greater than mine and i was able to help, so i did.  In times of crisis i have helped those who plot against me, purely because their need was greater than mine.  i do care about people and i feel that perhaps Apathy is becoming a standard form of "communication" in its own right. i feel that Apathy is not a virtue.  why should we duck our heads and walk by, ignoring a man/wombman in need? would you walk past your brother/sister if they were in need? they are one and the same so why do people help one and almost despise the other?  I feel that if everyone was to give ten minutes to just talking with other people it would make all the difference.  would it hurt to sit beside a begger and ask their name?  to ask for their HisStory and sit and listen.  this is all it takes to make someone feel recognised and appreciated in this world and that can make people try harder in life and possibly succeed.  what do you think?  do you think that a lack of care and respect for others is caused by apathy? is that why so many are self absorbed and unwilling to lend a helping hand?  i think so.  10 minutes to help change a persons life.  are we all to busy with ourselves to spare that much?  [smiley=cry.gif]  

msgal

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Apathy
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 12:05:58 AM »

Apathy is definately a problem in our world.  Many people feel so overwhelmed by life they feel they can do nothing to help so they do nothing. Not realizing that if we all do something, we might not solve all the worlds problems, but at least we can make a difference.  We should never be afraid to touch another life.  If there is any purpose for our life I'd like to think it would be this.
Jah bless. I and I love you all.

debz

Re: Apathy
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 05:01:53 PM »

i watched a really good film once called "PAY IT FORWARD"....do some1 a favour that is a challenge 4 u....n then tell them instead a payin u back they r to pay the favour forward to another...who pays a favour to another..n carries on the trend...  [smiley=smiley.gif]

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 21 queries.