Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: can a white man be rasta?  (Read 109427 times)

peacin

can a white man be rasta?
« on: May 14, 2006, 02:23:14 AM »

a qustion....can a white man be rastafarian?

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
Re: can a white man be rasta?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:56:01 PM »

OMG!

is it me or is there more topics on this subject that there are words in the dictonary?

LOOK AROUND ON THE SITE THERE IS MANY MANY...MANY posts about this

Bless
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

onajourney2berasta

• Regular User
  • all shall witness when babylon fall
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2006, 01:39:16 AM »

blessed love ,jambo dont critasize on his post i rember when u used to post some pretty stupid things just answer the mans question ... and yes idren whites can be rasta ...rasta is not a religion of race but of culture love peace equality unity and to spread JAH'S LOVE........ [smiley=wink.gif]
reed jordan,
JAh bless
let JAH light come shineing in

surfmon_I

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2006, 02:42:45 AM »

blessings,
this isa question that someone who is new will always ask themselves.
I an i included.  on a journey 2berasta has the respect that deals with a new-commers insecurity. No shame, we all ask questions and always recieve answers. 2berasta answered with compassion.

Jambo, it is with sorrow, i add that you do not show patients with your responce.
Although your message is correct,your method comes off holier-than-thou. please try to direct people instead of being irritated enough to respond, but not to inform.

Respect,and welcome idren.

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2006, 07:51:33 PM »

Hey all

I am sorry that i snapped like that, it is only that i have been looking on the forum and saw the same tipic on nearly every page.

Yes a white man can be a rasta but they cant just claim to be a rasta when they know the basic's. study and perfect, dont gain the world and lose your sole, wisdom is better than silver and gold- (bob marley)

Learn on my friend

Jambo
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

Amandel

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 07:31:58 PM »

Jambo is right, there are numerous post on that topic, he can have his pick and not start another thread. If he had only moved to page 2 -3-4 he would find them. I've deleted a few and still there are a lot. The reason for this, is so people won't be redundant in having to answer that question.
Questions like:
-Can whites be rasta?
-Are black rastas angry at white rastas?
-Are rastas homophic?
-How do rastas feel about white people?

the list goes on and on, and in the end all of these topics comes down to the same 2 conclusions (pros- & contras)

iron

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 11:08:56 AM »

Hello

I once read something about whether whites can be Rastas or not and a very good point was made. (I don't recall if it was here on these boards or somewhere else.)

The point made was that the Rasta movement/religion originated with Black people - and was something they could call their own. The poster or writer pointed out that it was frustrating that as per usual White people then came along and decided to have some of it for themselves, and start to call themselves Rasta too.

This point, for me, has shown me that I must respect Rasta as essentially Black. I will never call myself a Rasta regardless of how closely I might choose to follow the ways of it - purely because I respect the fact that it oringinated as a Black way.

The way of it, the living of it, I can follow to the T if I believe that it is THE way to get back to God. But I won't tread on anyones toes to do so. The label Rasta is not for me, although the way of Rasta might very well be. I don't have to shout to the rooftops that I am Rasta  - but I do shout to the rooftops that I am a Gods person.

I am not sure if I have explained myself very well here, but hope that it is at least half understood!

Regards
Andrea

surfmon_I

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 02:41:18 PM »

Lioness, you are more than half overstood.
I think that the topic question is  the topic engine.
at the very core of the faith is the strength of the black race.

Power,which has been taken away, by babylon.
Recognition,which has been taken away by babylon.
Knowledge, which has also been erased,....by babylon.

For i to call iself a rasta inna place where there are few black people may seem like an easy thing for i.  
When you start to see that prejudice lurks in ignorance,and then shine a light on a universal truth.
I am not around any rastas,black-or-white and dont know what they would think reasoning with i.

All i know at this point is that i trod this path before i.  Peoples curses mean little to i an i.  Rasta,to i, is aforce of loving recognition. For Many things.We are all One

wish all could could see it. FEEL it.
Therein ls Freedom,even if surrounded by babylon

Troddin on with Jah bounce in i Step.Peace, OneWorld,OneLove.

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »

How can one discuss RastafarI without realizing that white and black are just illusions? The people you refer to aren't white or black, look at their true color. A truly "black" person is very rare as is a truly "white" person. Look beyond, then look within.

One

Jah bless

surfmon_I

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2006, 02:52:43 PM »

INDEED bredren M-Dub;
The use of Black and White is simply to desrcibe the fissure we as a people have experienced.

There is no question , to i, that there is a true color to us all. it is universal.

That is the many trying to become one.
It is why this question is so often asked.
Perhaps its a call-out for acceptance, of the merging of the two...

peace be the journey.

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 12:39:26 AM »

ii wy em HOTEP..!!!

AloHA  me brother SURF....hey sisTAH LIONESS....brother DUB.

Keep searchin an show the respect .

These others that are against a person asking basic questions can be steered in da right direction. They will not take a liking to being told to " just go back an read".....sometimes it is called for yet InI ( we ) do so with RESPECT.

member " PrinceZ "   you say " Jambo is right "

You should read the words that Mighty Idren an sisTAH Lioness have replied.

back to topic...." can white man be a Rasta Farian ? " =   NO

I as a Man can follow SELASSIE 1 an His teachings yet to be Rasta Farian I as a Man fully believe that you would have to trod in JAHMAYKA or AFRIKAH to be fully a Rasta Farian.....White man is trying to steal the beliefs and da Mighty culture that The Mighty Rasta Farians who started this movement ( faith / religion ) long time before any of we as people decided to take Rasta  into I hearts.

Like I say.......I as a Man can follow ,  yet InI as a Man am just a servant to da Rasta Farian way with more searching to ever do ..!!!

Ankh udja Sneb

AUSUR....AUSET

MICHAEL
da HAMMER

The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

EmpressCarla

• Veteran User
  • Rasta wombman live up!
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 01:35:45 AM »

Blessings

Mike I have a question (or 2 or 3) for you.

If a white man cannot be rastafarian, why should he bother to be a servant of the rastafarian way? Furthermore, why should he study the KMTian way? Where do you suppose that white man may end up?

Be blessed.

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 03:13:55 PM »

HOTEP...!!!

Hello sisTAH  CarLAH ......I as a Man have pink skin...white....whatever.

Yet to be a Rasta Farian I as a Man feel that Idrens must not use technology.....Rasta Farians were born and grew into a Mighty Faith .....who am I to say that is my Faith.

Do not get I as a Man wrong sisTAH .....I can follow any way I as a Man feel is the correct and moral way...yet I do need to OverStand the truth in my Life.

I Love SELASSIE 1  and all the bredren an sisTAHs who InI have met thru the years of visiting JAHMAYKAH  and AFRIKAH.....These are the true RastaFarians...yes true...!!!

I can follow yet everything I learn I can not give praises enuff to the ones that are teaching I as a man the Truth in my Life.

Blessings  sisTAh CarLAH

Ankh udja Sneb

MICHAEL
da HAMMER

Let Maa't guide I as a Man ...!!!
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

Rastamik

• Normal User
  • Be just and fear not
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 11:38:20 AM »

Greetings in the name of the Most High JAH RASTAFARI.

To mike da hammer I have a question.
What man or woman on this earth is qualified to say who is Rasta and who is not.

Jah Love.
Jah Live

Rose

« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006, 05:20:26 PM »

Blessings to all.
My father used to say to me ' we all have salty tears and we all have red blood'!
God doesn't see colour!
Peace to all of you
Rose
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 23

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.