Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23

Author Topic: can a white man be rasta?  (Read 109251 times)

budtokerva

Re: can a white man be rasta?
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 01:15:15 PM »

If a single person's beliefs are passed on to other's, and they agree, thus founding a new "religion", why would it be bound to race?!  Mankind is mankind. The color of my skin doesn't tell my heart where to find peace and enlightenment.
I'm very new to this, and would love any replies as it will help me grow [smiley=smiley.gif]. So, ANY help will be appreciated.

PEACE< LOVE<HARMONY

Tisha

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 05:34:07 PM »

Hi everyone,
Obviously I'm new at this site, and I don't claim to be rasta or any other religion for that matter. I am only here to learn, however I feel I have something to add.
I want to reply to rasimike666's response.
I don't consider myself a religious person. I don't feel welcomed into any organized religion. However, spirituality is important to me. I feel that most religions try and take people from hundreds of different backgrounds and hundreds of different situations, who have had many different experiences in life, and they try to fit these people into a box. Each person, no matter how different they are get put into the same box. (The box being the religion, the rules, what you should or shouldn't be/do/want etc..)
Because of the different paths in life everybody has something different to bring to the world no more valuable then the next person.. We are INDIVIDUALS. Spirituality is an individual thing. What is right for me may not be right for you.
We ask, who can be rasta, white or black?
For those of you who said only blacks can be rasta.. I am disapointed. That sounds like the same kind of thinking of the white man who took the blacks as slaves. Its is ignorant. It shows that race is mnore powerful distinction for you than what is in someones heart, sould, and mind. You may feel that a person needs to have done certain things to be considered rasta. Is it about the struggle? To truly appreciate the beleifs of rasta you must have had to experience the struggle that others before you have had to endure?
White people have struggles to. All races have struggles. Does it matter what country they wre in when they were struggling? does is matter what color their skin is? Humankind is a struggle. Thats what brings us together. As a whole, we struggle. We struggle for freedom, for justice, for forgiveness, for peace, for love... for each other.
If rasta is only for blacks... than ratsa is not for me. Becuase I am not a white girl... I am not defined by my color, by my nationality... I am defined by my beliefs, my values, my love for the world as a WHOLE...
When we say white and black.... woman amd men... child and senior... disabled and able bodied... catholic or non-catholic... etc.. when we make distinctions and segregate people into categories we fuel hatred.. when you say rasta is for blacks, you segregate...
I will decide what is for ME, maybe rasta, maybe not...

Peace

Tisha

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 05:39:54 PM »

I would like to appologize to rasimike666 because i misunderstood the messgae I was replying to. My opinion still stands howvere its not directed to you,

peace

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2006, 03:30:39 PM »

Untill the white man stops calling himself white and the black man stops calling himself black there will always be war. (Nesta)
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

rastaman

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 03:29:48 PM »

Of course but do not forget that Rasta originated as a African Liberal Movement.

Rootjahanabo

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 02:51:17 AM »

This question of yours, it is more than a simple question, than anyone one can imagine. I don,t know how much anyone person can distinguish who can be a rasta. rasta is a concept, it is a way of life.a rasta is a person that has the often rare ability to pull everything together to make it  all happen no matter how challenging the circumstances, its  hard in today's world to see who the  true rasta-Man  was.  Emancipate yourself from mental slavery,non but ourself can free our MIND. ONE_LOVE

SlyOne

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 07:45:56 PM »

cant we sticky this topic so no one will post anymore threads on the subject?

Positive_I-rations

« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2006, 05:01:42 PM »

Just to all those who say "Jah does not see colour"

Jah see EVERYTHING, Jah created InI with different skin colour OF COURSE He can see the colour of InI skin.. !
The colour of our skin is not IMPORTANT in the eyes of Jah, but He can of course see it !

BLESS

MANNABIS

« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2006, 07:57:26 PM »

HOTEP...!!!

Hello sisTAH  CarLAH ......I as a Man have pink skin...white....whatever.

Yet to be a Rasta Farian I as a Man feel that Idrens must not use technology.....Rasta Farians were born and grew into a Mighty Faith .....who am I to say that is my Faith.

Do not get I as a Man wrong sisTAH .....I can follow any way I as a Man feel is the correct and moral way...yet I do need to OverStand the truth in my Life.

I Love SELASSIE 1  and all the bredren an sisTAHs who InI have met thru the years of visiting JAHMAYKAH  and AFRIKAH.....These are the true RastaFarians...yes true...!!!

I can follow yet everything I learn I can not give praises enuff to the ones that are teaching I as a man the Truth in my Life.

Blessings  sisTAh CarLAH

Ankh udja Sneb

MICHAEL
da HAMMER

Let Maa't guide I as a Man ...!!!

HEY. IM NEW HERE. YEAH. THIS FEELS LIKE DAVID V.S. GOLIATH. BUT IM WHITE. AND IM RASTA. I CAN SAY THAT BECAUSE RASTAFARI IS LOVE. THINGS ARENT SO COMPLICATED. LOVE YOUR FELLOW MAN REGARDLESS OF SKIN COLOR. LOVE YOUR FELLOW MAN DESPITE WHAT EVILS HE MAY DO YOU. TURN THE OTHER CHEEK. RASTA CAME ABOUT TO LIBERATE MINDS AND BODIES AND SOULS. BUT THE REASON WHY THAT HAS HAPPENED IN THE FIRST PLACE IS BECAUSE ANOTHER MAN WAS IMPRISONED WAY BEFORE THE OTHER MAN. BUT WHO IS REALLY IMPRISONED? WHO REALLY NEED TO BE FREED? DOES NOT EVERYONE DESERVE A FREE MIND,BODY,SOUL? WHITE OR BLACK? YOU ANSWER ANY OTHER ANSWER THAN ALL DESERVE TO BE FREED THEN YOU HAVE NO USE FOR JAH. DONT CONDEMN ANYONE FOR THERE RACE OR CREED BECAUSE THEN WE WILL ALL BE BACK WHERE WE STARTED: IMPRISONED MINDS! JAH IS KING NOT YOU OR I. MUCH RESPECT BROTHER. JUST HAD TO SPEAK ON MATTERS THAT DESERVE TO BE SPOKE BOUT. JAH LOVE PROTECT US!

COF

White Rastafarians
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 11:31:37 PM »

Do you have to be black to be a Rastafarian? Are there any white Rastafarians?

Positive_Vibration

Re: White Rastafarians
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2006, 04:38:10 AM »

If possible, delete this topic and go read the 'newbie' section.

Bless

Muslim

• Full User
  • P E A C E
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 03:36:10 AM »

They should have a huge sign post on the top of the forum about this to save space on the newbie question
you call him Jah, I call him Allah

mabreymatt

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2006, 12:46:38 AM »

brotha, i'm white and a rasta too.  It's not about color man, it's more than that. one love

SmG

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 04:32:18 PM »

How can one discuss RastafarI without realizing that white and black are just illusions? The people you refer to aren't white or black, look at their true color. A truly "black" person is very rare as is a truly "white" person. Look beyond, then look within.

One

Jah bless

And even if that is, it makes no difference.

Jah Bless
Ras Marcus

newrasta

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 02:38:18 AM »

No! Rasta is for black people only, white people ruin everything.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23

Page created in 0.08 seconds with 21 queries.