Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: can a white man be rasta?  (Read 109255 times)

jules

Re: can a white man be rasta?
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2006, 10:18:16 PM »

Wow...the replies here are so different from the replies you get on the Sizzla forums! You would get a resounding NO WAY there! Theres no room for discussion about it either!!

RasLuke

• Full User
  • Praise JAH without apology =]
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 10:53:50 PM »

Greetings,

But Sizzla also promote Guns now. so hardly a great example of a Ra at the momoent is he? I hope on that he has just falling off course for a while.

JAH Guide and Protector
Tá athás an domhain orm nuair a chuala mé focáil an Prionsa ó Suaimhneas H.I.M Haile Selassie I. Níl aon éagla ar mo chroí mar mó chroí ar ngrá. Búiochas la Dhía.

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 11:43:25 PM »

Greetings, Yes Ras Luke this is True and of some of the things I an I spoke of.  Yes Jules, the I must open thine eyes, some of the things Sizzla says in his songs are opposing the Fundamental aspects of Rasta, so dont just accept all he says.  So it is overstood why some feel like this, the hostility towards the white man is still prevelant in the hearts of many, especially in places where people are oppressed.  But open thine eyes and heart, flesh is flesh, blood is blood.  Blessings, One Love.

[smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif] [smiley=smiley.gif]
I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.

habashani

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2006, 05:03:09 PM »

according to how I sight it, it is a bottom line issue which is as follows:
Most, if not every "white" person who has taken on certain Rastafari aspects, suffers from the pervasiveness of their privlage, to the extent that it has rendered their thought process ineffective in regard to sustaining meaningful centralized inertia towards the dismanteling and resounding negation of the system. Until these few whites come together, through vigorous networking of resources and practical ideas towards reparation of those who were victimized by the white legacy, then their religious affinity towards rasta, or any spiritual path will be in vain.

LET I START HERE AND NOW!!!!!!!!!

IDEAS-

[/list]Create petitions and appeals to confront local and national government.
[list bull-blackball]

Use the knowledge of Ethiopian Christian history and charity AND the insult to the Good Name of God that the exposed hypocracy of racism displays. Appeal to white, well-to-do Christians for support. Exploit their well founded fears about their fatal future as their children become consumed in the fallout of racial misanthropy. [list bull-blackball]

create trust funds/ treasuries which can receive and distribute these resources appropriately.
...to name a few

related article excerpt:
...The slavery south was the fourth largest economy in the world, bigger than any European nation except England.  White Americans who claim no ties to slavery should consider Robert Fogel.  In his 1989 book, Without Consent or Contract, he wrote that cotton “was the essential raw material for hundreds and thousands of factory hands in the north and Europe.  It provided employment for several million other workers in transportation, in handicrafts, and in…trade.”
  Most of the millions of workers were white.  Not to mention the northern bankers, insurers and shippers who dominated the cotton’s export.  Slaves came to constitute 15% of private assets in the U.S. economy, according to The Wealth of Races.  The total benefits of slavery to the national economy between 1790 and 1850 were three times that of immigrant labor.
  The final value of slave labor is almost incalculable.  The face value of American slaves in 1860, 1983 dollars, was $17 billion.  Assuming that the money that slaves produced for others from 1790 to 1860 grew in the economy, economists, using conservative compound-interest rates, calculate that the value of such income by 1983 was $1.4 trillion to $4.7 trillion.
  After emancipation, the income of black people jumped to about 60% of white Americans from 22%.  But racism kept African Americans from closing the gap in pay.  Government-approved housing segregation, property redlining, and job discrimination that cost African Americans at least $1.6 trillion in lost wages from 1929 to 1969 ensured that African American homeowners enjoyed far less wealth accumulation in the 20th century than white Americans.
  The World War II generation will be passing on $8 trillion to their children.  The average white baby boomer stands to inherit $65,000, according to researchers for the federal Reserve Board.  The average African American baby boomer will inherit only $8,000.
Civil war enough? At wars end the Confederacy’s white land owners got there land back, while African Americans were given virtually nothing, forcing them into serfdom and sharecropping...

WE MUSN’T keep justice as a pet, as a novel idea as contained in some etheric bubble of self- appeasment( which, as so called white people , would never have to be challenged or have a flame put close to it because for no lack of resource, life to them is steady/great).  All of the inequalities which exist weigh heavily in our favor, so they really can afford to just shelve the whole idea of justice!

The Orwellian nation that big brother wants us to be is a bunch of cool drones who sing and dance watch the history channel  and cry and then celebrate freedom and life while he (big brother), goes out and expands it’s empire forcibly to the entire planet -   leaving  misery and death wherever he goes -  and we just say “DUUUUDE” See, we create that droneness in ourselves, set ourselves up when we cheapen ourselves and our lives through acting out life from a “kid in a toy store”  point of view;  always playing fool-heartedly because you are intoxicated by the sensual world which you portray for yourself. Because you spend money, you are called a consumer and as such go along even in the system’s strained legitimacy which lingers in the back of your mind, but, so long as your own needs and comforts are met, exsistence is justified. How pathetic and disconcerting it is to always see whites, or anybody,  putting themselves on with comic relief in the face of so much damage which our ancestors have caused;  many whites I see continually display the regurgitated churlish arrogance of their forefathers to the impatient dismay of others who feel the pain

THE GREAT EMPEROR HAILE SELLASSIE THE FIRST, WHO STOOD AT THE PLATFORM OF THE WORLD POWERS TO PUSH FOR UNIVERSAL SOLIDARITY AND JUSTICE UNDER THE CODES OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND MORALITY IS THE JUDGE OF THE WORLD!  I MAN AM NOT IN THE LEAST BIT ASHAMED OF THE SPIRIT OF JUDGEMENT, WHICH SEEKS JUSTICE, FOR JUDGEMENT IS PASSED IN ORDER TO CORRECT THE HUMBLE OF JAH AND TO SAVE JAH CHILDREN FROM THE WICKED. LET IT PENETRATE DEM MINDS
WOE TO THE FILTHY WHO REFUSE THE CLEANNESS OF WHAT IS GOOD.

puplove1

• Standard User
  • very new at this computer stuff!
« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2006, 03:20:23 AM »

blessings friend! i hope you are well! i would like  to say that an older rasta man once said to me that being a "rasta is about love and unitiy not about what colour you are and if you live with jah in your heart no one can take that way from you!    when will people stop seeing colour! praise jah! [smiley=smiley.gif]

Canadian

« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2006, 02:19:34 AM »

"Do you ever see the rainbow in the sky? Do the colors fight amongst themselves? Then why should mankind fight amongst themselves trough their different colors? The whole world is a garden and all the people in it are his flowers and we all beautify this garden with all our different colors. As the rainbow is in the heavens so are we, as rainbow people in his earth. Jah made all colors so all things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small, all things wise and wonderful he made them all. Each little flower that opens, and each little bird that sings he made their glowing colors and he made their tiny wings. So remember: What does it profit a man to gain the whole world and lose his soul. So wey dem a go do wid it?" - Ras Michael

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2006, 07:06:31 PM »

their religious affinity towards rasta, or any spiritual path will be in vain.

It is unwise to judge the faith of another.

Exploit their well founded fears about their fatal future as their children become consumed in the fallout of racial misanthropy.

The only fear that is well founded is that of Jah.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

BabaFats

• Regular User
  • We can combat hate with all the love we can mustar
« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2006, 12:20:32 AM »

Praise Jah, whatever shapes, colours or sizes.
Speaking as I Lockhead, and Jewish by ethnicity, I pose this question those who do not believe white man can be Rasta.  Haile Sellassie was descend from Solomon, King of Israel.  During the Spanish Inquestion, many Jews fled to Ethiopia.  They brought their faith, and their god with them.  Could other descended jews find Rastafari and be excepted?

Peace
::deliver me from reasons why::

rasfreeform

« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2006, 02:29:51 PM »

Greetings people
                         Near where I live, there's a feild with grape vines in summertime, and sheep grazing in the wintertime, before the first snows. The sheep are all of more or less the same build and disposition. Approximatley half of the sheep are black, the other half white. Whilst I pass this feild, I observe the sheep. It would seem that they are content to have safety in numbers, and food to eat. It would appear that they hold no animosity towards oneanother, which is logical, being as how they are all sheep. It would appear that they recognise their own kind irrespective of tone.
Funny thing is, sheep aren't renowned for the creation of deep intellectual concepts, unlike humanity. So why is it that humanity, whilst having deep intellectual concepts, seems to keep on failing to grasp the basic concept of equality, whilst the sheep don't?

peace

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2006, 06:01:36 PM »

Seen Freeformras.

When we have not been interfered with we get on well.
It is the System that feeds us this hate and dis unity.
Look at the children they see no difrence when they interact.

Ash-Tree
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

rasfreeform

« Reply #55 on: December 23, 2006, 07:04:30 PM »

Easy
       Exactly Ash-Tree, it's babylonian brainwashing, orchestrated to a large extent by the massmedia. People need to keep thinking logically, keep remembering what they were thinking like as children, and fight the system of DIVIDE and RULE.

peace

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #56 on: December 29, 2006, 12:52:35 PM »

Greetings blessed friends of Heartical Jahful ways.
I am a newbie ti da site, a sistren and pale skin to boot.
dis da first post i read, Thanking the I fe Guidance on dis topic and humbly wishing to share I faith and Love n overstanding.
way i n I see dis and still questioning self all da while; Beloved Rastafari H.I.M Self keep answering dis question fe I (and sorry if this is repeating what many others have said but -
until the colour of a mans skin is of no more significance than the colour of his eyes there will be war.
So surely , logically Sellaise I being the Ultimate Authority I would say that skin colour should become irrelevant and only ppls heart, their story, their struggle, their lifestyle, their belief system but Mostly what Jah say to de I should be the gauge fe weather to call Oneself Rasta.
Rasta can live in Babylon doing Jah works all de while fe Unity and Liberation of All Jah's children and a return to as natural , loving and Harmony with  ALL, with our Natural state Is Rasta - being your natural True self.
Dis Sistar believe and Know all bloodline trace back to Africa So way back we all One family and we All African!
But dis Sistar also say me Nah care if others judge we as Ras or, some,will some will not, what we beleive may or may not be true, but Reality is Reality,opinion are opinions and Raspect fe diversity of perspectives. ooooohhh hafe bid thee Love n Guidance baby need I .Bless n t&p fe being here!
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #57 on: December 31, 2006, 03:17:02 PM »

Nuff Raspect Idren
                Is a strange place to be really, pale face, neva bin to JA nor Africa, But thiis I livin ina Country where the Original or ealier ppls have bin culturally and physically decimated but WHat Ancient Humbly and Deeply Connected Spirits inhabit these ppl of this Ancient land.
Once we were all connected by ONE GREAt continent, Now we feel our connection thru our common struggles and Love fe Truth, Rights and Culture and the Unification of Jahs and Mother Earths Children and Liberation of our Collective and Individual Mind& Our Raspect and AWe for The Ancient Ones/peoples and the Natural Paradise we inhabit that we call, among other tings- Planet Earth.
Yes AfricAH is the centre, JAhmaKAH is the Holyland fe I n I, but so is this Land, that some call Australia we call AboriginaLand, so is the Deep East n mi roots going back to the Olde Country of mi Ancestors in recent times The Grete Britian where many Irie Bredren n Sistren inhabit from dis Board i would say GREETINGS to De ALL HIGHER HEIGHTS IDREN - JAHFULLNESS ABIDe In THee n THy SEED AND BleSSINGs LET ONE LOVING VIBRaTION SUrge In FULL HEARtICAlity
Thruout
 We THe People Emancipate OUrselves Thru The Healing Grace of Jah RAS TAfar I
HIS Strong Love is THe MerCY and the Protection Of I SOul and The DIvine Christ Spirit Safeguards THe Spiritual Journey of The I ANd I, The I Am THat I AM Filling I Being with Compassionate Unconditional Love Radiating Out Itinually
JAHLOVE FOR Iver fe eva fe ALL TIME & NO TIME, in no Time at ALL we will BE HOME, MOunt Zion- wheather Physically, Spiritually is All JAHFULL
Home is FAmily LOVE but more- JAHfuLL LOVE,Ital LIfe, MUsic, THE WORD, Truth  felt in the HEART we feel and we Know
ONe LOve n Inity
Neri
www.earthreggae.com

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2007, 01:41:11 AM »

Greetz peeps
 Questions, there is so much I wish to share here and Im wondering why I do not have the fredom to do so?
Why can I not post on the why pork thread foe instance?
I know you are gonna tell me ooooohhh we have had some nuisances posters so we are trying to keep a bit more control and I understand and have compassion fe dat I really do, Howeva, and I say this with concern and love fe All I concerned, be careful in the way that you present Rasta PLEASE.
Please do not get offended by me coz I have nuff love and affection fe all identifying with Ras Culture and I am in need of a community of Idren thinking n living along similar lines.
I think many ppl come here fe same reasons as I
Actually we are looking fe love and acceptance, same as everone.
Truth and Rights also, so folks, please be open, patient and informative.
Many ppl here obviously already are, more power and thanks n Praises to ya! but the curt answers, the scholarly self- righeousness and the guarded and less than friendly reception to new-comers such as myself is slightly irksome and dissapointing. Maybe Im being impatient and thats my lesson, and it is a time of yr that people are busy with family and festivities, I Overstand dat, I have 7 children and 5 sibs, and my Dad is here, so cool runnings, I just wanna contribute here and receive a likkle acknowledgement, singers of reggae music can be like dat.
One Love n Inity
Neri
btw, I have been blown away be some of the wise and beautiful souls contributing to this board, I hope I dont come across as too critical miself, but I n I hafe admit, I have a Rude gal inside that I struggle to control and come to terms with I self so feel free to be as up front as you need to be with this I, I n I not to fragile that I cannot handle Truth, am jes on guard about my own and other I 's hypocriticality and less that Heartical expression due to love n Raspect of H.I.M. and Beloved Yeshua/Christ and that which they ask of I
Blessings n Guidance
www.earthreggae.com

prophet777

« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2007, 05:25:46 AM »

Greetz peeps
 Questions, there is so much I wish to share here and Im wondering why I do not have the fredom to do so?
Why can I not post on the why pork thread foe instance?
I know you are gonna tell me ooooohhh we have had some nuisances posters so we are trying to keep a bit more control and I understand and have compassion fe dat I really do, Howeva, and I say this with concern and love fe All I concerned, be careful in the way that you present Rasta PLEASE.
Please do not get offended by me coz I have nuff love and affection fe all identifying with Ras Culture and I am in need of a community of Idren thinking n living along similar lines.
I think many ppl come here fe same reasons as I
Actually we are looking fe love and acceptance, same as everone.
Truth and Rights also, so folks, please be open, patient and informative.
Many ppl here obviously already are, more power and thanks n Praises to ya! but the curt answers, the scholarly self- righeousness and the guarded and less than friendly reception to new-comers such as myself is slightly irksome and dissapointing. Maybe Im being impatient and thats my lesson, and it is a time of yr that people are busy with family and festivities, I Overstand dat, I have 7 children and 5 sibs, and my Dad is here, so cool runnings, I just wanna contribute here and receive a likkle acknowledgement, singers of reggae music can be like dat.
One Love n Inity
Neri
btw, I have been blown away be some of the wise and beautiful souls contributing to this board, I hope I dont come across as too critical miself, but I n I hafe admit, I have a Rude gal inside that I struggle to control and come to terms with I self so feel free to be as up front as you need to be with this I, I n I not to fragile that I cannot handle Truth, am jes on guard about my own and other I 's hypocriticality and less that Heartical expression due to love n Raspect of H.I.M. and Beloved Yeshua/Christ and that which they ask of I
Blessings n Guidance

Who say you can not post ? I and I say if you can't post sense then do not post.  No-one should try force them beliefs pon here as the only knowledge, or as the legit. If you cool we cool - seen ? Sometimes even when you nah cool we still cool. We KNOW = KNOWLEDGE = I am talking about all. What we know ? What we do not know/we know. What do you know what we do not know you know ! For we are all ready to learn.  Yeah ! What do we both/all know ?...Seek, Ask, and Find. In due time you will know the truth.

prophet7
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 05:49:53 AM by prophet777 »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23

Page created in 0.119 seconds with 21 queries.