Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23

Author Topic: can a white man be rasta?  (Read 109254 times)

Dilrule

Re: can a white man be rasta?
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2007, 04:54:44 AM »

Greetings everyone and JAH bless!!!

I am a new user to this forum and have wondered whether or not a white man can be a rasta.
This post has answered my questions and more. Thank you very much!!! I am about 5/8 white in ethnic background but my grandpas mom was a woman from Africa(Kenya region) who moved to Canada in the early 1900's and my grandma is 1/2 Cherokee Indian and half Mission Indian.

I hope i am welcome and this forum and may your life be filled with JAH's blessings.

soulJAH_Trent

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2007, 05:20:59 AM »

I have been reading these posts for quite a while and after meditating on the thought i have come up with an interesting conclusion.  Rasta is not a name or a label, but simply who we are, we are rasta in our actions, our thought, our prayers.  i n i am a white man, so it is easy for i to justify who i belive i am.  however i beleive it will take me many, many years to truly consider iself a rasta, since i must transform myself from who i was to who i shall become (guided by the steady hand of Haile Sellassie), whereas a born rasta can be rasta much sooner than i.

rasfreeform

« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2007, 11:51:11 PM »

Greetings soulJAH_Trent
                                   Could you explain the term "born rasta" please.

peace

soulJAH_Trent

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2007, 11:21:21 PM »

someone born into the blessed rasta way of life.  when i was born, i was born a christian because i parents are christians, its the first religion that i knew. born rastas are brought up to live in the rasta lifestyle from day 1.

rasfreeform

« Reply #64 on: January 25, 2007, 07:23:18 PM »

OK, Ipinion,  that doesn't nessesarily make such an individual Rasta though, but rather, is a conditioning. In other words, faith comes from within.

wilko

• Regular User
  • united we stand
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2007, 01:32:02 PM »

I read that being rasta is about the hart . Colour dosent mater if you your hart is clean and you follow jah you rasta .    

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2007, 07:11:16 PM »

OK, Ipinion,  that doesn't nessesarily make such an individual Rasta though, but rather, is a conditioning. In other words, faith comes from within.

exactly...Rasta is from within so if you feel it within then you are...many are called but the chosen are few..even one of bob marley daughter say she's rasta but not deep into it..while the others praise H.I.M

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2007, 07:12:13 PM »

I read that being rasta is about the hart . Colour dosent mater if you your hart is clean and you follow jah you rasta .    
Yes I....dats why even some people that dont know they are rasta ...are rasta

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2007, 11:26:19 PM »

Yes I....dats why even some people that dont know they are rasta ...are rasta

I disagree. Who coincidentally praises Selassie I, eats I-tal, knows of repatriation, respects the honorable Marcus mossiah Garvey, may or may not have dreadlocks - yet still knows nothing about Rastafari?

Just like people aren't Buddhist, Christian, or Muslim without knowledge of what the title entails, I don't think one could "coincedentally" be something as serious as a true Rasta.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 11:26:42 PM by Positive_Vibration »

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #69 on: January 29, 2007, 01:44:45 AM »

Truth, just like JAh, is omnipresent, that is how ones who are sensitive, can, unconscious of the Reality of Rastafari, of there own Rasta nature, discover as they become aware, that they are one of HIS people.Ones who have an affiliation with indiginous ways,a deep compassion and inherent righteousness, a gravitation toward Ital living.The way I and I see it, Ones are Rasta since Creation, but takes time to realize the reality of this,as many ppl believe colour is an issue and only ones of Deeper skin colour can be Ras, another misconception is that all RAs believe HIM is Jesus reincarnated, so many cannot swallow this, this is a barrier to realizing ones inherent RAsta nature.
Rasta is Who we Really ARe
Shining the brightness of our own Soul Star
Regal in I Truth
Showing JAhJAh health
and living Soulful wealth
I and I know not to force
just let nature take its course
Blessings
NeriNya
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #70 on: January 29, 2007, 02:04:32 AM »

Greetings nyah

I man agree with you that rasta is inborn in you and overtime it manifest and you find yourself....But the point I was making was misunderstood....What I man was talking about is that there are good hearted clean hearted people in the world that are living right and are not rasta...some dont even know anything about rasta..Its just that I man always call people like those rasta even though they are not...they are not rasta like us but because they have that clean and pure heart and living right as a rasta should...I normally say they are rasta...not officially rasta like us though..Hope the I get the point I man a trying to make

Bless
« Last Edit: January 29, 2007, 02:05:34 AM by RAS_CHUCKY11 »

Positive_Vibration

« Reply #71 on: January 29, 2007, 10:19:46 PM »

Greetings nyah

I man agree with you that rasta is inborn in you and overtime it manifest and you find yourself....But the point I was making was misunderstood....What I man was talking about is that there are good hearted clean hearted people in the world that are living right and are not rasta...some dont even know anything about rasta..Its just that I man always call people like those rasta even though they are not...they are not rasta like us but because they have that clean and pure heart and living right as a rasta should...I normally say they are rasta...not officially rasta like us though..Hope the I get the point I man a trying to make

Bless

Seen

sevx

« Reply #72 on: January 31, 2007, 08:14:58 PM »

Im new to this but i understand its a question and it needs to be answered i am white and yes i consider myself a rasta, these days alot of races belive that rasta = listing to bob marley and smoking weed which is does not it is a sign of babylon which black people wanted to call there own but due to the fact that is was a african who was brought to jamaica now days we have 100s of black races british black afro american etc so if you say its a black way of life you are wrong it is a babylon way of life the colors are from babylon i have been a rasta snice i was born due to my dad and mum are and i have never been put in a diffenrt type of rasta way of life its just a race and we all love each other. Plus to be a rasta you dont need to go around saying all the sayings that a point i hate people belive saying jah love makes u a true rasta no it doesnt and thinking that means you will never be a true rasta you need to look inside yourself very deeply and understand that in your mind "should i be a rasta should i not" its very simple you belive truly that you are a rasta with whatever religion you are i would accept a jew as a rasta if he wanted to be its not diffence rasta is a way of life not a religion or a cult so please lets keep it that way
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 08:20:10 PM by sevx »

prophet777

« Reply #73 on: January 31, 2007, 08:26:30 PM »

Not about color. But one thing u all must remember -. it is a BLACK thing. Black in the sense from I view i.e., we are all black- overstand ? No ? Then you nah overstand. Black in the way that I and I created this !
That is what we "fight" against -  not knowing yourself - who are you and where do you come from ?

prophet7
« Last Edit: January 31, 2007, 08:32:36 PM by prophet777 »

habashani

« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2007, 02:03:40 AM »

ASK YOURSELF THIS IMPORTANT Q?

Rasta is about certain WORKS in the earth right now.
What is the white rasta doing towards reparations?
think there's no need?
check this
http://www.reparationsthecure.org/articles/questions2.shtm
Please comment to this
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 23

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 21 queries.