Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: how do rastas feel about homosexuality  (Read 54270 times)

bocablonde

Re: how do rastas feel about homosexuality
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2004, 02:43:49 AM »

Three...both my moms have been together for 25 + years...I am straight with 3 kids...seperated from their father after 14 years...Not looking for anything in a relationship at the moment...Just trying to figure out what is best for me & kids.  Am completely at ease following rasta life and found some friends along the way.  I only hope that you can find happiness, love, and peace with yourself and your mate...no matter who that is.  No one can tell you what is right for you except for you.  Jah rule girl!

Peace
Leah

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2004, 08:00:18 AM »

No problem... I just hope I didn't offend you or your friend.

Hm I'll see him in a few weeks and I'll reason with him on this. 'cause it's very hard for him. And yes maybe I am against homosexuality on biblical basis...but who can be against love? you got a point there...it's a confusing subject, for me as a heterosexual, so it must certainly be for you. May JAH guide you! ONE LOVE

rasbongo

• Senior User
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2004, 08:11:16 PM »

HOMOSEXUALITY AND RASTAFARI?

black people in general are one of the most anti-homo in the world... and you can count me in that crowd.

then you bring the rastas in that mix , no way rasta gaan accept homos, not any true rastas i know of anyway.

secondly i will point you to a song by buju banton, boom bye bye inna batty boy head.

i dont condone or accept homosexuality period, un-natural and unhealthy.

love and inity.
selah-see-I

Rebenga

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2004, 08:45:38 PM »

How is it, rasbongo, that you can say love, while being intolerant of it? I find this to be hypocrytical.....

rasbongo

• Senior User
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2004, 09:38:52 PM »

you missed the boat rebenga,

i said i dont condone or accept it, its un-natural and unhealthy.

i never said i hate anyone.,, i mon love all people.

i just dont accept or condone homosexuality.

love and inity.

selah-see-I

ThreeLittleBirds

« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2004, 11:02:05 PM »

Hm I'll see him in a few weeks and I'll reason with him on this. 'cause it's very hard for him. And yes maybe I am against homosexuality on biblical basis...but who can be against love? you got a point there...it's a confusing subject, for me as a heterosexual, so it must certainly be for you. May JAH guide you! ONE LOVE

It was really confusing at first and still is sometimes. Thankfully I have friends who love me (and my family thinks its a phase so they don't bother me too much about it.) I hope your friend finds whatever way is right for him. I'm sorry that he suffers with this so much. I just hope that he can find a way to be happy and enjoy the life he has been given to the fullest. That's really what it's all about, I think.
ONE LOVE

ThreeLittleBirds

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2004, 11:08:01 PM »

HOMOSEXUALITY AND RASTAFARI?

black people in general are one of the most anti-homo in the world... and you can count me in that crowd.

then you bring the rastas in that mix , no way rasta gaan accept homos, not any true rastas i know of anyway.

secondly i will point you to a song by buju banton, boom bye bye inna batty boy head.

i dont condone or accept homosexuality period, un-natural and unhealthy.

love and inity.
selah-see-I

While I respect your thoughts on the subject I don't think you can speak for all the "true rastas". It seems that there are quite a few people here that don't feel the same way as you, to have kept this discussion going for so long. Also if it isn't natural then why are there documented studies of there being homosexual animals  in almost every species on this planet? Did they choose to be attracted to their own gender or were they created that way? And if they were created that way then how can it be unnatural?
ONE LOVE

ThreeLittleBirds

« Reply #52 on: June 05, 2004, 11:14:25 PM »

you missed the boat rebenga,

i said i dont condone or accept it, its un-natural and unhealthy.

i never said i hate anyone.,, i mon love all people.

i just dont accept or condone homosexuality.

love and inity.

selah-see-I

Rasbongo, you seem to be the one that "missed the boat". By not accepting homosexuality (I don't ask that you condone it) you don't accept love. Because that is what homosexuality is all about. Love. I can have sex with a man, but then of course so can you. It wouldn't make you gay, though because you can no more fall in love with a man than I can. It's just the way I'm made.  And by refusing to accept that you are refusing to accept love just because it takes a different form than your own.  There's no need for you to condone it, but I would ask that you try to accept it (since you are a "true rasta" and therefore accepting of love)
ONE LOVE

rasbongo

• Senior User
« Reply #53 on: June 05, 2004, 11:15:49 PM »

isnt humans suppose to be better than animals, are we to equate human behavior with animal behavior?

animals also have sex with their mothers, should this also be an accepted practice amongst humans?

animals have no boundaries, and i dont think as humans this is how we want to live..

so the animal analogy is way off, come better..

love and inity.

selah-see-I

ThreeLittleBirds

« Reply #54 on: June 05, 2004, 11:16:03 PM »

PS. If someone could tell me how to put multiple quotes on the same post it would probably save me a lot of time  :) thanks!

ThreeLittleBirds

« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2004, 11:38:53 PM »

whether we're better or worse than animals is irrelevant. I used the analogy to point out that it's a chemically dictated characteristic, not a choice, and therefore part of how we were made.

ThreeLittleBirds

« Reply #56 on: June 05, 2004, 11:44:26 PM »

also, since you're here Rasbongo how is it unhealthy?
ONE LOVE

Rebenga

« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2004, 06:15:27 PM »

Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

I realized something. This is impossible. Men don't have the same anatomy as a women, so how can he lie as he would with a woman. (This next part is quite crude, just to let you know)

If a man lies with a woman, that means insertion into her vagina. How can a man do this with another man? Man does not have a vagina. The common sexual practice with gay men is insertion of the penis into the anal cavity.  Yes, you could have that with a woman, but I don't think that was was intended by the word "lie" I could be wrong though, maybe they did have heterosexual anal sex in biblical times.

Daniel

• Senior User
  • Rastafari
    • http://www.myspace.com/danieljohnson1983
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2004, 06:48:54 PM »

Ravizza:
I&I think the bible is not talking about any specifics, just the sexual act in general, just being a tad more subtle than your description.

Here...  passing the soap...

gunep

« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2004, 10:14:57 AM »

I dont think Jah would deny LOVE, but the actual sexual acts( i think you know what i mean) arent holy like sex should be. Sex is to bring two beings together that Jah created for eachother (man and woman) and to create new life. male and male dont create new life, female and female dont creat new life.

i'm agree with this, but you cant deny that two women or men loving together want to make each lover max of satisfaction of her/his needs. every man have passion (if its a right word). why JAH created passion?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.097 seconds with 21 queries.