Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: what is not ok to eat  (Read 6247 times)

prophet7

Re: what is not ok to eat
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2004, 12:26:42 PM »

Yes, true. Only one thing really confuse I - Jesus drank wine (moderately and not to get drunk). Does that mean He was no nazarite ? And He did have a lot of "power" spiritual and physical so it seems the wine did not in any way affect that.

One Love
Prophet7

ArkI

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2004, 02:28:14 PM »

The last thing I said in the post was,
---------------------
But the spirit is more powerful than any physical thing, so it is not necessary to stay away from certain foods, but I think it is helpfull for a spiritual movement.
---------------------

The I can compare this to the effects of alcohol on driving.  Most people should avoid getting drunk before they drive, but some people in certain states like Texas in the United States have been tested and proved that they can safely drink and drive.  So they have a special exemption on their licence allowing them to drink and drive.  Different foods and drink we put in our vessels can have an effect on us, but many can control these effects so that they don't cause a problem.

Christ said,

Luke 7
31   And the Lord said, Whereunto then shall I liken the men of this generation? and to what are they like?
32   They are like unto children sitting in the marketplace, and calling one to another, and saying, We have piped unto you, and ye have not danced; we have mourned to you, and ye have not wept.
33   For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine; and ye say, He hath a devil.
34   The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
35   But wisdom is justified of all her children.

Christ came to turn the publicans and sinners away from their wickedness and unto Jah.  So even though Christ was a Nazarite like John and separates himself unto Jah, Christ socialized with them to teach them, so he ate and drank with them.

Also, since the bridegroom was with the disciples, it was a time of joy and that is why they didn't deal with all the strictness.  Christ showed that His disciples don't fast because the bridegroom is with them. But when the bridegroom is taken away, it will be time for fasting.

Matthew 9
14   Then came to him the disciples of John, saying, Why do we and the Pharisees fast oft, but thy disciples fast not?
15   And Jesus said unto them, Can the children of the bridechamber mourn, as long as the bridegroom is with them? but the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken from them, and then shall they fast.

Another thing.  Before Christ left the diciples, He told them, "I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom."

Matthew 26
26   And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
27   And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
28   For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
29   But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.

Following the example of Christ is another reason I see for avoiding wine in these times, until I will drink it new with Christ in Jah kingdom.  But as in ancient times, it wasn't all people who were supposed to avoid wine.  Priests and holy men were shown to do this, because of the works that they do.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 02:29:50 PM by ArkI »

prophet7

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2004, 02:27:26 PM »

Seen.

One Love
Prophet7

RAS_LION

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2004, 05:26:38 PM »

the nazarite vow is not life long usually. it is for a period of time, then it is complete. That is why there is in reality more real Rasta w/out locks than with, as through there separation their path became clear, but for some who's path is a teacher, a different and lifelong vow is taken, wich does not require abstenence from grapes or fruits from the vine, and allows moderate drinking of beer and wine if one so chooses.
For I though, the reasoning for abstenence from strong drink is clear, but how does this relate to fresh fruit from the vine, wich according to the vow also includes black berries, rasberries, and all fruit from a vine, I really seeking a biblical answer with groundation. though I feeling is that there is some symbolic association with the vine? what the I's think?

RAS_LION

« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2004, 06:15:05 PM »

Are there any other Insights on this matter?

RAS_LION

« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2004, 05:05:43 AM »

I agree with what the I has said, and the preistly order, or vow, the I mention is what I was refering to as the "another vow", I also have taken this life vow, and I agree heartically about the food reasoning, although I personally feel it's alright to occasionally eat for the taste, or pleasure of certain foods ,if in moderation and balance, seen. This is no judgement either way, it is just where Iman rest right now.

I overstand what I is saying about the nazarite vow fully. I feel the same, I have just been interested in the story, and reasoning behind it, as most things had some symbolic meaning, and usually the meaning is clear. Such as circumcission for instance. As with this it is more important your heart is circumcised than your staff seen. burnt animal offerings etc..no longer are necessary, although I&I still often offer burnt herb offerings.  The reason for this is clear, it is an expression of love that some would offer something dear to themselves, to Jah, to prove their love, and ask forgivness,  Jah has reveal to I&I that all he need offered is I&I heart.

So it is not a necessity for I to ever find an historical reason for this, I am just curious if any one knows, because it one of the few things wich never made sense to I, usually tradition starts because of some reason. seen!
Well mabye no answer is I answer. time will tell.

As for I statement it was not intended to judge real Rasta from fake, that is why it's so general, ones are Rasta, or not, that was the point, that locks dont make you Rasta, and that many who take the nazarite vow, come to know the I's selves and Jah better, and through this awakining it is revealed to some, that their purpose, direction, and mission in life as Rasta, does not include the wearing of locks, and some other aspects, and that they are no less Rasta.
I would go so far as to say that the majority of people, of I&I culture do not have locks. And the reality is many people judge a Rasta's hearticalness, and wisemind, by his hair, and appearance ,and this helps promote many wolfs in sheeps clothing, no true?
I have experienced this personally, many years ago I had long locks as a young Ras and I found the many people listened to I, asked I for advice, and generally felt I was concious, I tried to live up to it, it made I heartically seek conciousness more. To make sure I didnt give any wrong guidence, but of course sometimes I did.

Because of I-self, in combination with I youth, I became self-righteous, Jah reveal this to I.
I humbled and begged for mercy, HIM took I hand and shaved I head, to start over, cleansed, to renew I vow, and soon after I learned a valuable lesson.
Because suddenly, even though I was still the same person, with the same knowledge, acutually, more than before. I was almost unoticed by many of these same ones and others. suddenly, they felt I didnt have any authority, and I conciousness was insignificant, I could say the exact same thing as before, with locks it was deep, without them it was wrong! seen! (I no longer reveal them in public)
Well it is what it is! I found it funny, how shallow people can be and realized I was wasteing alot of energy, and allowing people to use I to fulfill their own fantasy's, and feeding I own ego trying to be some kind of savior. So from that point I began to just focus on I youth! And just reason with those who can hear willingly, and offer some reasoning in return, and defend I&I culture on the front as I am a armegideon soilder.
With that I want to give thanks to the I, for the I's reasoning for the I has raised it to a higher level, and through higher reasoning of man and man the truth will be revealed more clearly, I can see how I man's wording could be interpreted wrong hopfully now it is more clear!
GIVE ITERNAL THANKS AND ISES, ROYAL IMPERIAL BLACK SUPREMACY, GLORIFACATION AND SANCTIFICATION TO JAH RASTAFARI CHURCH TRIUMPHANT NYABINGHI FIYAH!!!!

herbsman

• Veteran User
  • BAST....AUSUR ..AUSET...TUT-M OSES...AMN-HTP. ..Ra'
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2004, 06:02:16 PM »

greetings wit da Love an da respect sons an dawTAHs od da GOD of IS-Rael !!!!

I as a Man will jump InTo dis fire .

I as a Man stay far from da meat.

Dis does not mean I do not par-Take......When I famIly eats dinner and dey throw so much LeftOver slaughtered animals it makes I verily SAD as a Man.

I then will use da meat.  ...Family thinks I crazy ...lol

Dey ALL-Ways did .!!!!

I can Not sit Idly by an see animals just murdered to be thrown in da trash.

Dis is when I par -Take....some nites no left Overs ....some nites many animals to go to waste .

Not wit  I aRound !!!!!

I take da meat off their plates....or I wrap Down an put on Ice.!!!!

I no use da  salt....Enuff foods InI eat have da salts an sugars .

I as a Man do not have to go further into the books of the bible , the first five books.!!!

I no recite da scriptures...I as a Man " break UP '  da bible  .....Over post GENISIS  rite now .

Bredren an sisTAHS  Listen UP .................

Eat and Drink what Idrens WANT ...........LIVITY  .

Here is what the books in da bible will teach Idrens if dey read it for many years an OverStand da messages.

Listen UP Now !!!!!

MODERATION
MODERATION...............use all JAHs creatures an herbs an seeds .........

do not Under do it    ....use da moderation !!!!!!

I wish Idren OverStand e-Special-ly  da new MODERATORS.

peace an Love
Ankh udja Sneb !!!..................from MICHAEL
The Secret Gates of the House of AUSUR..SEKHET-ARU.....15 Aats..........the ax is the ADZ ...!!!...ASES Amentet....MENUQET ...!!!

Short_Rasta

• Standard User
  • The Lion Of Judah Shall Break Every Chain
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2005, 07:58:20 PM »

I&I already have to follow a Gluten and Dairy free diet, due to I's body intolerances.
But a basic diet of fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and sya is ok. yeah? [smiley=undecided.gif]
Have pity on those whose chances grow thinner
There ain't no hiding place from the Father of Creation. ONE LOVE.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2005, 10:46:42 PM »

I hope that was a joke.

Question though- the law say fruit of the vine is prohibited and i know tomatoes are nightshade avoidably so do you think tomatoes is truly part of a nazarite vow?
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005, 10:50:40 PM by elidjembe »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 02:42:05 AM »

well its alright to be a carnivore, but why punish the animals?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2005, 02:43:07 AM by elidjembe »

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 10:06:55 PM »

until you see it as a choice that dosent entail "missing out" on anything but the infilction of suffering it would be pointless for someone to explain,  "they was made so i could eat them" this also should be reconsidered, when your able, for now it seems unworthy of response.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2005, 09:09:04 PM »

i belive that animal industries will eventually be forced by public pressure to divest from all of the other industries they have invaded.  Then we will be able to lead a 100 percent pure vegan exsistence. But unitl then, I (and I) am satisfied with the knowledge that i am doing everything i possibly can to remove products of suffering from my life.  If an alterniative exists I do whatever it takes to find it and use it, and if none exsists, i go without whenever possible. I have come to realize that, although it is not yet possible in our society to be totally pure in every single way, that impossiblity does not negate the significance of the honest attempt to live a purely vegan life. That attempt, in itself, sets a truly important example of nonviolence and leads the way to a better world.     -Shari Kalina

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2005, 11:16:22 PM »

yeah thats why i was really hoping you were joking with the why punish yourself comment.

prophet7

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2005, 11:01:47 AM »

No Ledge,

you really have no knowledge and that is why you write so much BS.
You need to read "Flesh Eating" and see how very wrong you are. Where in the Bible does GOD say I made animals for u to eat !?? NO !! God says (and it is very clearly written) in Genesis 1 vs 29 :

And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; TO YOU IT SHALL BE FOR MEAT.

Just shows how ignorant you are unto GODS WORD.

@all

Wisdom and knowledge should show you already that it is wrong so I man do not even really need a Bible but, ignorance and lack of overstanding has made many blind to their natural self. The user Budha wrote (in flesh eating) something very interesting. It goes :

Reasons for not eating flesh ? Well I guess I think of it this way, If all of this earth was placed by Jah, why should we ruin His creations ? All of which are beautiful, why kill and then eat it ? Some may say (ignorant people), well other animals eat other animals ! Well yeah cousre they do, but that is why some have the brain the size of a peanut (like some people here) ! I mean come on we can think for ourselves (it seems some can not), although animals can as well, we know right and wrong (and that is the difference).

So as we can see some humans still running around with the peanut brain !

One Love
Prophet7

« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 11:59:39 AM by prophet7 »

ArkI

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2005, 09:42:59 PM »

People should eat what they are comfortable eating.  I and I don't eat any kind of flesh, whether it comes from the earth, air or water.  But I don't tell others what they should or shouldn't eat.

Humans have the ability to process flesh, so for those who like it, they should do what they like.

Knowledge, not every vegetarian misses flesh or desires flesh, or feels like they are punishing themself.  When I was a baby, my skin would break out in a rash when my mother fed I meat or eggs. I eventually got used to it and stopped getting rashes, but I never liked eating flesh as a youth, I would always pick at it.  So when I stopped eating flesh, I never once had any craving for it.  In actuality, the smell of flesh is quite revolting to I, I have to hold my breath when I walk by a hot dog stand.  I even go to a different subway car if somebody is eating flesh and the smell is strong.  That is how sensitive my nose is to the smell of dead flesh.

Knowledge when you said,
--------------------------
Punish animals? They was made so I could eat them, and not the other way around.
--------------------------

If what you are saying is true, then that means that we were made to be consumed by viruses and bacteria.

Everything is not centered around humans. Animals were not made so we could eat them, animals were made to Live, just as we were made to Live.  Some animals eat animals and some humans eat animals, but the Life of all continue from generation to generation.

The only thing I say to people who eat flesh, is that they should kill, skin and cut up an animal they eat at least once in their life.  This way they Iverstand exactly what they are doing and might have more respect for the animals that Jah created.  Flesh has become just a package of food on a shelf, so it is easy to separate your mind from it and people don't really think about what they are eating.  I feel people are eating much more flesh than they should because they don't have the proper respect for Creation.

Ark I
RasTafarI
Haile Selassie I
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 09:49:10 PM by ArkI »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 22 queries.