Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Chant down Babylon...then what?  (Read 5208 times)

Jayanno

• Full User
  • We free our people with music
Chant down Babylon...then what?
« on: January 14, 2007, 12:23:52 AM »

From what i understand a lot of people want to get rid of the government. Right, first of all what will happen then? Who will run the country and provide food and everything that keeps the country going. Its all very well saying "yea, get rid of the government!!" but there will always have to be one. There will have to be someone in charge, because if there was not it would create more of a problem than ever before.

Think about it, there would always be people fighting for power over the country, there would certainly be deaths as a result of no food getting into the country and the government not paying farmers/producers would result in nothing being grown. Also all those companies that get water 2 ur house and stuff all come from the government.

And getting rid of the police would be worse. If someone attacks you, or an old lady got robbed of her purse you would call the police. Now if there was no police murder would increase a huge amount not 2 mention the crime rates and everything else going up. There will always have to be someone or some thing in charge in order to get things done. The list goes on...

Not offending anyone, but how can this be? Its all very well saying overthrow the government and get rid of the police...i just dont see an alternative.
Jah sit on mount Zion and rules all creation.

Oskar

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Re: Chant down Babylon...then what?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 09:09:52 AM »

Chant down Babylon...then what?

With Babylon gone we still have RASTAFARI!

All of Babylon ain't government and Babylon is outside government too.

A certain word can hold you out from the truth a long while; like people can use the word Babylon and have no understanding of what Babylon is. So he becomes an idiot, he becomes more chained 'cause a thing is right or wrong. If you're right you're right, if you're wrong you're wrong." -Bob Marley

"Kids who come and see you over here relate to you in a different way. Them relate to me more as street struggling against system pressure. A lot of people relate to the same t'ing but kinda more involved in a sense of belief and the roots. System up against I and I, 'cause before there was system there was I and I and them mek the system fight against I and I. System fight, and we just say peace, love and this is a way of life. It no we against the system, it the system against we." -Bob Marley

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »

Jah's Blessings Jambo

Glad you started this discussion.  InI looking forward to following the threads that results.   For years in my early days as a Rasta I wondered too.  Here's what the disturbing part was for I.  If Black people worldwide are still downpressing each other, whether in private lives, enterprise or commerce, what will happen when/if 'Babylon' does come down.  InI say 'Babylon' in the broad sense.  InI have been keeping good tabs on Black History, and though we have a lot to be proud of, we have a lot more to be ashamed of when it comes to supporting our black family.  That's not yet taking into account that for many black single mothers deserted by their Kingmen, it is 'Babylon' that they receive a check from each month to fed their fatherless children until they are able to do so themselves.  And 'Babylon' gives the food stamps and the free health care they can't afford and even housing in many cases.  InI look forward to hearing the thoughts on this.  Things that make you go HUUMMM  EH!

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

rasfreeform

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 08:44:21 PM »

Easy Jambo
                 I think there will continue to be forces of good, and forces of bad. I feel that the important thing is to become aware of them; to be able to identify them, and to continue to live a good way despite said forces. To be ruled, one must suscribe to the rules. The worst that babylon can do to I is to physically control I. Pontentially, this may lead to physical death, but I&I will still be here. Babylon 'ain't going anywhere, Babylon is more of a state of mind than anything else. Likewise, Good 'aint going anywhere, Good is a state of being. Rastafari and all other forces of Goodness will continue to be.

peace

stone-righteous

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 12:31:13 AM »

I happen to believe life would be better for all if everyone could get intune with their consciousness. The idealic world for me would be one where all live by the tenets of Rastafari: Peace, Love & Unity to name but a few. As I understand it most Rasta are not a stranger to hard work.

Its not just about disposing of government, in fact thats not even necessarily the aim if I understand correctly. Clearly it is unlikely that everyone becomes Rasta and lives by righteous wisdom.

Here is maybe an example though of where the aims and intention of living seperate from society have proved successful. There is a place in Tenessee, USA called 'The Farm'. It is a place where an organically maturing group of 'hippies' settled. They already knew each other well and were very wise and had their own few basic rules on how to live. So it came fairly naturally to them and to this day the community at The Farm still exists. It is one of the few but powerful examples of where open mindedness can lead. They are not Rasta, I believe not many at the farm would claim any religion but their success is a great inspiration.

I believe this is also how many rastas in Jamaica would live although I don't have much knowledge.

It would be impossible to think that all government would dissappear overnight, and indeed if it did it would cause chaos. Its not about living without rules, just living much freer. I believe there are many laws that are surplus to requirement although we do still need a justice system.

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »

Blessings Stone

Just a thought to followup your own thoughts.   In many of the islands of the WI, including Jamaica, Rastas are still being attacked for no other reason than the fact that they wear this crown on their head.  Recently in Trinidad and Tobago, this I saw with I's own eyes... A Rastaman being brutilized for no reason but that the police was in a frame of mind from a scene they were investigating and the Iman came along on his bike heading towards his regular place of business at lunch.  He sells ital food...  The Iman was pulled violently from his bike spilling his merchandise and after being kicked and punched in the head he was forced to strip off all of his clothes and bend over exposing the I's privates.  He was pushed aside and forced to flee when nothing was found.  

Other Imen saw this but was defenseless to assist their Family as the force would have been turned on them.  So where will Rasta find the 'PHYSICAL' strength to make a commune like lifestyle work when we are still a minority?  MENTALLY and SPIRITUALLY we know Rasta strong... But what about PHYSICALLY... Just curious to hear your thoughts...

Nuff Respect

Sistah Vee

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:06:28 PM by sistahvee »
To he who much is given, much is required

Kama_Sutra

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2007, 10:55:33 PM »

InI have been keeping good tabs on Black History, and though we have a lot to be proud of, we have a lot more to be ashamed of when it comes to supporting our black family.  That's not yet taking into account that for many black single mothers deserted by their Kingmen, it is 'Babylon' that they receive a check from each month to fed their fatherless children until they are able to do so themselves.  And 'Babylon' gives the food stamps and the free health care they can't afford and even housing in many cases.  InI look forward to hearing the thoughts on this.  Things that make you go HUUMMM  EH!

Sistah Vee

Sistahvee,

Below is an article written by a black woman about this very same subject.

AND, This month's cover story in bold type on the cover of "Today's Black Woman" reads;

"Can black men stay loyal to their women?"

I wonder why?

I guess anyone involved with, or considering getting involved with a black man, needs to worry about this.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:05:53 PM by Kama_Sutra »

Kama_Sutra

• Senior User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 11:04:09 PM »

Enough of This Selfishness: Time For Black Men To Act Like Men

November 2, 2006

BY MARY MITCHELL Sun-Times Columnist

Black man, it is time to get married. No more pathetic excuses about not being ready, or not being able to get along, or not having a good enough career.

In the old days, when a man got another man's daughter pregnant, the father would march the expectant father down the aisle at the end of a shotgun. We don't believe in forcing couples to get married these days.

And look what's happened.

At the rate black men -- many of them fathers -- are not marrying, the entire race may be at risk.

Here are the simple facts, according to credible research:

African Americans are significantly less likely to marry than are whites. Only 50 percent of African Americans born between 1960 and 1969 were married by the age of 30 (compared with 78 percent of whites).

African Americans have higher rates of divorce than do other racial and ethnic groups.

And because of lower marriage rates and higher divorce rates, African-American women are about half as likely as white women to be married at any one time.

But marriage is no longer a moral issue.

It is an economic one.

According to research found on the Web site for National Healthy Marriage Resource Center, "marriage is clearly linked to economic, psychological and social benefits."

African Americans who are married have more money and higher-status jobs than unmarried African Americans, and the economic benefits of marriage for blacks may be more important than they are for whites," researchers found.

Not just poor people
This is not a lot of right-wing mumbo jumbo.

In fact, the next time a politician starts downplaying this problem, notice the wedding ring on his finger. Just about every high-profile civic leader today is or was married, and made the effort to raise his children in a two-parent family.

That goes for the political rock star, U.S. Sen. Barack Obama, too.

But when was the last time any black leader made a pitch for marriage? More of them have defended same-sex marriage than have pointed out that the lack of marriage is destroying the black community from the inside out.

This is not a ghetto problem.

There are a lot of educated black women who should have been at the altar a long time ago. Instead, they settled for the challenges that come with raising children alone.

It wasn't always this way.

In 1970, African-American and white marriage rates were statistically comparable, says Edward Laumann, professor of sociology at the University of Chicago and author of "The Sexual Organization of the City," a landmark study that looked at sexual behavior in black Chicago neighborhoods.

"Over the next 10-year period, the rates just dropped like a rock," he said. The causes for that drop included "stagflation," he said.

"Inflation was going up and the economy was stagnant in areas like Chicago, and one argument is that this hit the black male population very hard. So their ability to take on the role of principal breadwinner was compromised. At the same time, there was a fairly big rise in the incarceration rate of black males and an increase of males who had felony convictions, which lessened the willingness of another party to marry them," said Laumann.

More dropouts, violence
While that explanation makes some sense, it doesn't account for the educated black men in their 30s and 40s who have children out of wedlock and are still juggling other relationships. These men aren't committing, either.

"Black men are more permissible about extra-marital relations and about two-timing women and that sort of thing. They now are in a buyer's market and they can demand a price," Laumann said.

Their price is pretty high.

Black women are waiting longer and longer to walk down the aisle. By the time some get there, they have already had one or two children. If the children are by different fathers, these women's lives are further complicated.

Common sense should have told us there would be consequences for this selfish behavior.

By now, so many blacks have ignored the warnings about the harm caused by the absence of black fathers that those consequences are now overtaking communities in the form of high dropout rates and senseless violence.

Black man, this is not an attack. It is a black woman's plea.

We are tired of seeing our daughters travail in such sorrow. We are tired of watching our grandchildren cling to fragile family ties. And by now, we are clear:

Politicians can't fix this problem. Preachers can't fix it.

There's only one real way to ensure that a black child has the best chance to succeed in this life.

Black man, marry your baby's mother.

« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 11:04:38 PM by Kama_Sutra »

surfmon_I

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 02:52:28 AM »

i man heartily  know that it is the minority which rule the majority.  The bussinesss of BIG bussiness cast all others into a world of subjugation.  At the center of it are the masses of the worlds innocent.  These many souls are driven by a singular belief, that there is a world far better waiting for us when we pass.  So, with goodness in our hearts, we count the blessings bestowed pon us and wait for the day when our judgement comes.

As for what to do if we overthru government, well i feel it would be a chance to have happiness prevail in the hearts of all Jah children.  Yes, this is a dream world, yet i man can only too well help others that are in the small world that i live in .  I an i long for the day tha many will show that the government must be in the Hands of the many, and when this comes about, i have faith that goodness will become tha leader.

In this light i sight the wicked a run. Knowing that the pure of heart will stand no longer for the behavior which has brought us to this sorry state we currently live in.

i dont know how many police there were to take down the Iman, but i feel it when i hear it, the many take the police down.  And the system that gives them power see that they have no power no more.
Heart of Hearts, truth that is a true.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 07:58:31 AM »

Greetings Jah Children,
I and I like this quote from Lee scratch Perry
"Love don't need no government"
but seriously.....if the words and spirit of Yeshua/sananda/Jesus and HIM Haille Sellaise grew like seeds in the fertile soil of the hearts and minds of the many.....think what a world this would be!
Babylon is the division born of untruth, which Rasta Fari seek to dispell, replacing with love , truth, righteousness, and the truth of oneness, how can you hurt or deprive your brother/another who is simply another yourself?

Mans laws are folly without overstanding of Jah truth- this is the system, or rather lack of a system cause it doesn't work properly, so what we need is a system that works, not no system at all
Even dictatorship could and has worked with a good leader.I do not condone dictatorship tho, Rasta is free and must be, for I and I, anchored in Jah, can responsibly handle I freedom.Let everyone's voice be heard and RAspected, even the dull, the ignorant and the injured can help I learn and overstand.
H.I.M has hope that the UN can work to bring about peace and co-operation between nations and cultures and so do I,they need guidance tho, for sanity to lead, love and intelligence must be present, and all of JAh creation must be free, free the Herb, heal the sick, enlighten and love the people!
this I and I pray for
LOVE, LIGHT AND TRUTH
HIGHER CONSCIOUSNESS AND GUIDANCE FROM THE MOST HIGH
Blessings NeriNYA
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 01:52:39 PM »

Greetings Surfmon.

What beautiful sentiments you have given us.  Also, your prayer yesterday was good for the spirit.  If this world was full of humble and spritual people like yourself, then we would have the perfect world.   That is for a time to come, when Babylon has fallen and all people are truly living as children of Jah.  

Until then we have no option than to follow the directions from Jesus in the scriptures " give to Caesar what is Caesars ".  This is what he told people who asked if they should pay their taxes to the Romans - after all Caesar's head appeared on the coin.  Everything else we should give to Jah.

Blessings

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2007, 12:00:16 AM »

Burn the Wicked,

To get rid of government is to speak as if His Majesty was not Coronated.  RasTafarI is the supreme authority of all governments of earth.  Any masquerading as representatives of said governments acting outside the Kings laws are not actual representatives but dogs. This is also true of those responsible for the maintenance of unjust laws.  I and I are the "one world government."  Governements are here to stay and with the Idance of His Majesty will transform the entire earth into one nation, a soon come.

Blessed Love,
May Jah Guide and Protect

« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 12:07:21 AM by elidjembe »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2007, 12:40:20 AM »

How could the wishes of the ignorant disrespect the truth?
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

wademanini

• Normal User
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2008, 04:49:28 PM »

first of all jah would control the earth always has always will. 2ND there would be no need for trade  because urban cities would go and everyone would have to farm for them self. 3rd as a result of this there would be no need for money so there would be no need to rob from someone and finally laws would be made by the head of each tribe/family so there would be no need for governments anyway

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 09:30:13 AM »

sounds like going backwards to I....
we already bin there, if it was so good that way, we would have stayed living like that
It certainly does not mirror His Majesties Teachings
He was/is an African Progressive...built modern infustructure -schools Hospitals, University
Jah is no way only supportive of the "Primitive" after all cities spawn art and culture that we all enjoy
but the cities of the future look more like Cuban ones and other south American cites that practise "Permaculture", growing food on rooftops, in blocks and community gardens in every suburb, co-operative eco press, galleries, cafes, businesses owned by the people for the people, everything based on Love and sustainablility ecological values, honouring the individual within the community....diversity and universality the order of the day, Spirituality and health taking presedent, true justice and upholding rights and providing needs being of primary import...learning centres the centre of every community, elders caring for young people and young people caring for elders, in short true "collective security" as HIM speaks of....
Blessed Love
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 21 queries.