Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: proof of divinity?  (Read 10673 times)

rastalife

• Standard User
  • Rasta Man Vibration Positive
proof of divinity?
« on: February 26, 2007, 02:52:14 AM »

I know how many times this topic comes up but I really need some help finding proof.
If anyone can give me some substantive evidence of Haile SelassieI divinity it would help me out alot.
And I don't just want you to tell me He's the conquering Lion. I want to know about the fulfillment of prophecy, like stuff from the bible. tell me about his life, the things he did. or if you cant do that, please recomend some books.

Praise JAH
"Me got no education, me got inspiration. If I was educated I'd be a damn fool."- Bob Marley

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
Re: proof of divinity?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 03:07:17 AM »

Bless Up rastalife

Welcome to the life, even though InI could tell from the I's question that the I has not grown into his chosen name yet.  Before InI take a lot of time answering the I's questions, can InI suggest that the I scroll through the posts regarding H.I.M., going back a year or two.  Take your time and make notes on links, books, speeches, lineage, (from all points of views, including non-believers)...  When the I has done this, any unanswered questions InI am right here ready to answer for the I.  It's a big question with many possibilities for concrete answers.

Nuff Guidance

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

rastalife

• Standard User
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 03:43:43 AM »

thank you sistah vee, I'll begin my search.

Praise JAH!
"Me got no education, me got inspiration. If I was educated I'd be a damn fool."- Bob Marley

phoenixtears43

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 04:15:37 AM »

[11] And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
[12] He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
[13] I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
[14] But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.

thats in 1 Chronicles chapter 17

thats the first thing that came to mind when you asked for bible verses,  not that its the only one suggesting Haile Selassie is King of Kings. 

another good site to learn about Haile Selassie and what he taught:
http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/

Jah bless, and good luck on your searching.

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:38:36 PM »

Bless Up rastalife

Anytime...  The I should enjoy learning about H.I.M.'s divinity..  Look forward to keeping up with the I's success..

phoenixtears...  InI am Impressed...  There is INDEED a WHOLE LOT MORE.  Maybe the I can start a RASTA SCHOOL here at Nick's for the young ones that have many questions?  Kindda' re-education of sort.  Think about starting a thread to deal with RASTA SCHOOL topics. 

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee 

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:19:19 PM »

Ises,
  This is a age old abstract question with no specific answer.  An elder said one must first look at how one defines proof & divinity and then cross reference how the I specifically fits into that definition.  For divinity in one region does not mean the same inna next region.
  One must also note that most ones have never seen their "God" in flesh and never will, either because of doctrinal issues or because they will be too stiff necked to see & acknowledge HIM when He appears.
  "Proof of Divinity" is established in two areas for Ini, ones works and how ones works fulfill a specific prophecy, ie the Ible.  I-Majesty' works stand alone as do the sum of His titles, leaving I to quote Bob "time alone will tell..."
inHIM
Haile Selassie I-The Most I

phoenixtears43

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:59:56 PM »

Thats a good idea SistahVee, thanks

Jah bless

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:29:11 PM »

Nuff Love phoenixtears...Keep the faith...

Sistah Vee

rastalife

• Standard User
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 05:58:26 PM »

Thank you all for your support.
I'm learning more about Rastafari and making connections with the bible, overall, I'm making progress.

Negusnegustiallity- it wasn't "an abstract question with no specific answer", I was not asking for one answer I am asking for references. but thanks for the thought.

Thanks, May JAH bless you all.

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »

Nuff Love and Guidance rastalife...

Sistah Vee

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:27:00 PM »

GREETINGS

If one is truly a rasta.... one shouldnt be searching for prove of H.I.M divinity but only for confirmation..Spiritualy the I should know the divinity of the king and any reading and researching should only be like a confirmation of what the I already know..I for one dont know everything I an I need to know as rasta is everlearning but but when I an I learn things its more of a confirmation of what I an I already know.... I an I get I spiritual connection with the KING when I an I knew very little about the KING and it was that connection that caused I to start searching and confirming that the KING is the KING.... Rasta doesnt happen overnight and takes time so once you get that deep feeling inside that the KING is the KING then start reading the bible and researching on the king and his speeches

Blessed Love

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2007, 02:07:42 AM »

Greetings

I an created a post with H.I.M speeches..The I can read them to get to know H.I.M

Blessed

rastalife

• Standard User
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 03:41:16 AM »

"Confirmation", thats a much better word. Thank you

JAH Bless

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 04:08:56 AM »

Blessed Love Idren

I will also say an important thing to know is Ethiopian history..its stance against Europe in their struggles for Africa and the birth and the trod of the King... There's acouple dvds available that can help the I alot too.. "THE LION OF JUDAH, THE CORNATION OF H.I.M , THE CENTANARY OF H.I.M., THE LION AND THE CROSS, QUEEN OMEAG RISING is a very good one which shows the importance of wombmen alongside their rasman..much more too.I man just cant remember all now

Blessed

InI_Scott

• Full User
  • Chapter a Day!
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2007, 12:39:31 AM »

Great topic -- many great posts.

Good to see NegusNegustiality in the house!  (i owe you a phone call brother -- soon come.)

I wanted to add that "confirmation" always pulls me to H.I.M.  I've been reading his Majesty's book "My Life and Ethiopia's Progress" and so many things jump out at me during each reading.  Something as simple as always referring to Himself  as "We" or "Our" strikes a chord.  His Preface is even more powerful.  I strongly suggest that you consider purchasing these books.  Reading His words always puts the fiyah back in me -- refocuses my knowledge of the Spirit within us all, even on days when hope and faith seem difficult to overstand.

Keep searching brother -- we all are in the same boat -- Give Thanks!

Scott

Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.