Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: RASTA SCHOOL  (Read 83738 times)

phoenixtears43

RASTA SCHOOL
« on: March 03, 2007, 05:49:06 PM »

Alright Idren, InI have decided to start a Rasta School for the young Is here, to help them out.  I will give help to those who are stuck.  Im here to answer questions and teach the basics of RastafarI.  InI will start a new topic in this thread for study maybe once a week.  Im hoping to teach the Is new to Rastafari about Rastafari, as well as help the youth learn how to REASON with each other.

DONT BE SHY ask any questions that are on your mind, seen?

Thanks to SistahVee for the Idea to start this Rasta School to teach the ones who are lost.  As she said to InI, YOUTH teaching YOUTH.  InI think its a wonderful Idea.  Any comments so far?

RAS_CHUCKY11

Re: RASTA SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 06:39:42 PM »

Greetings

I an I could have continued in the thread on divinity but this is a good idea..I an I can transfer things from that thread to here as well

Bless
Posted on: March 03, 2007, 05:33:55 pm
Greetings

I an I feel its best to start with a speech from the KING to clear a few things up

HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE I THE FIRST SPEAKS ON SPIRITUALITY

The temple of the most high begins with the human body which houses our life,
the essence of our existence. Africans are in bondage today because the
approach spirituality through religion provided by foreign invaders and
conquerers.We must stop confusing religion and spirituality. Religion is a set of
rules, regulations and rituals created by humans, which were supposed to help
people grow spiritualy. Due to human imperfection religion has become currupt,
political,divisive and a tool for power struggle. Spirituality is not theology or
ideology. It is simply a way of life, pure and original as was given by the most
high of creation. Spirituality is a network linking us to the most high, the universe and each other. As the essence of our existence, it embodies our culture, true
identity,nation and destiny. A people without a nation that they can really call
their own is a people without a soul. Africa is our nation and is in spiritual and physical bondage because their leaders are turning to outside forces for solution
to African problems when everything Africa needs is within her. When Africans
righteous people come together the world will come together. This is our devine destiny

Blessings

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 09:29:09 PM »

Bless Up phoenixtears

InI have InI's seat right up front. 

Ras Chucky, thanks for taking the time to assist phoenixtears with the I's new venture.  Hope others will jump on board and add the Idren's OVERSTANDING of the ISSUES/Topics being LEARNED every week. 

Keep the ball rolling, phoenixtears...

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 11:01:52 AM »

Greetings.
At last, something informative and educational.  I know that Sister Joanderella has been asking for some guidance and teachings for her young children, so let's all help.   Between us we all have some knowledge to share.  We can help to develop this community.  Ask for help. I will give it where I can and I know others will. I don't come into the category of "youth" - far from it, but as probably the oldest member I can contribute with experiences - tell you about my Rasta livity.  How we follow Jah's path and conduct ourselves so as to not bring disrepute to RastafarI.

What I will say personally to you is - keep asking for help from Jah for guidance and from the members of this forum.  Don't take the whole task on yourself or it could become a burden to you.   Maybe Nick would create a topic called Rasta School that could be kept free from some of the more heated debates that take place.  These are all new ideas - and you need to gather comments from all areas. Here is a chance for all members to show to others seeking knowlege and guests to the site that we are a caring community.
Blessings to you Sistah, let Jah guide.

One Love, Mollliebaz

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 04:23:44 PM »

Bless Up Idren

And someone told InI the other day that WISDOM has left the house. 

Nuff Guidance

Sistah Vee

phoenixtears43

Lesson 1
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:42:50 PM »

Haile Selassie

InI chose to do the first lesson on Haile Selassie I. InI thought it would be fitting, as he is the main focus of the Rastafarian faith, and because of the active topic about his divinity.  InI will start out with some basic information about HIM.

Haile Selassie was born as Tafari Makonnen, in Ethiopia, in 1892.  His father was the governer of Harar (as you probably assumed, it is a city in Ethiopia).  He became governer of Sidamo (a province in southern Ethiopia) in 1907.  Now skipping ahead to his coronation, HIM was crowned Emperor of Ethiopia November 2nd, 1930.  He is recognized by most Rastas as GOD (we call him JAH, a name coming from Jehovah).  Reasons for this are
1. Marcus Garveys prediction (which we will get to later)
2. 1 Chronicles chapter 17
[11] And it shall come to pass, when thy days be expired that thou must go to be with thy fathers, that I will raise up thy seed after thee, which shall be of thy sons; and I will establish his kingdom.
[12] He shall build me an house, and I will stablish his throne for ever.
[13] I will be his father, and he shall be my son: and I will not take my mercy away from him, as I took it from him that was before thee:
[14] But I will settle him in mine house and in my kingdom for ever: and his throne shall be established for evermore.
That is just a short summery of the Davidic Covenant, which you should read in 2nd Samuel chapter 7
InI shouldve mentioned that Haile Selassie I decends from David, and King Solomon. 

There is a whole thread about the Divinity of Haile Selassie right here:
http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=3989.msg57329#new

Be sure to read it.

There is so much more to say, but for now InI have to leave, when InI get back, InI will edit this post and add more seen.

jah bless

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 04:45:19 PM »

Quote from: phoenixtears43 link=topic=4011. msg57256#msg57256 date=1172940546
Alright Idren, InI have decided to start a Rasta School for the young Is here, to help them out.   I will give help to those who are stuck.   Im here to answer questions and teach the basics of RastafarI.   InI will start a new topic in this thread for study maybe once a week.   Im hoping to teach the Is new to Rastafari about Rastafari, as well as help the youth learn how to REASON with each other.

InI is not new to Rastafari, InI was born Ras, but all Ras have something to learn from the next.  On that note I would like to be the first student of The Rastari School, InI is both student and teacher, and the I's should approach this venture in a similar manner.  Before I ask my question I want to send my blessings to The I Phoenixtears for pioneering something useful for the youths, and also thanks to Ras_Chucky, Sistahvee and molliebaz for their support and/or participation so far.

Student Question # 1: InI now live in the U. S.  and InI can't find "real" food easily.  They label real food "organic" and chemical food is "food".  Organic food is very expensive, so how can the I stay Ital when there is not much Ital here. 

Student Question #2: Can the teachers please share with I some Ital dishes and recipes that InI can try.  If the I is in a place where real food is hard to comeby, then the I can maybe help InI if the I still eat Ital inna "Inorganic Babylon".

any and all responses will help InI.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Learning!

Peace!

Ras_Nevoe
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

phoenixtears43

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 05:21:27 PM »

InI try to eat Ital, but normally the closest InI can get to is organically labled food.  Is it possible for the I to start a garden? grow your own food?  InI would love to be able to do that, but InI have no room.  Also the I should look for farmers markets, see if the I can find some "real" food there, seen?

On to the Ital recipie question, there are tons!
here is a whole thread dedicated to sharing Ital recipies:
http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=926.0

Many great ones there.

Jah Bless, Ras Nevoe

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2007, 05:39:25 PM »

InI try to eat Ital, but normally the closest InI can get to is organically labled food.  Is it possible for the I to start a garden? grow your own food?  InI would love to be able to do that, but InI have no room.  Also the I should look for farmers markets, see if the I can find some "real" food there, seen?

Give Thanks, Idren, InI was looking for a response like this. InI live in Brooklyn, New York, if you're familiar with brooklyn you know it is a concrete jungle so there isn't any place InI can grow a garden, but I've done some searching after the I told I of the Farmers Market, and InI found one nearby, thanks for that info or I would still be stuck.

On to the Ital recipie question, there are tons!
here is a whole thread dedicated to sharing Ital recipies:
http://forums.rasta-man.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=926.0

Many great ones there.

Jah Bless, Ras Nevoe

Much, raspect I, and thanks again for all the info and for this thread all together, InI hope that I can help further your vision of the Rastafari School, and I hope the rest of I's can follow in your footsteps and produce something meaningful to this forum and Rastafari in general.

PEACE!
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2007, 06:01:15 PM »

#1- One way to save money is to buy bulk. If you have family, special orders of cases of rice milk etc. help the pockets so collaborate. I man have always work at grocery stores even just part time for the food and discounts. If there are Farmers Markets in the I's area you can go try fe arrange a trade using the I's Rasta talents Seen?.  Know when and how the store and restaurants in your area throw out dem "waste" alot of time the food is still totally crucial and free. Working part time at a restaurant you like pays and feeds usually.

#2 Food is most ital raw. So I suggest not "cooking" at all. Just buy some oils and veggies and spices you can afford and make up a big salad. Get Creative. Coconuts are the supreme food. Carrots, Avocados, and Spinach real nice. Get bulk Almonds, Walnuts, or Sunflowers and soak them over night in water, to aid digestion. Spirolina is expensive but a little goes a long way. Oranges, Lemons, Oregeno, and Dill for flavor. #1 suggestion- Quinoa- cook like rice or sprout in 2-3 days, 16% protien, the italist. Even if you cant cop organic its still better than BK.

One
Elijah      
Posted on: March 04, 2007, 04:59:37 pm
Also the I could link up with or start a rooftop garden in the bricks dem.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »

GREETINGS IN THE NAME OF HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY EMPEROR HAILE SELASSIE THE FIRST, KING OF KINGS ,LORD OF LORDS, CONQURING LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH ,ROOT OF DAVID ,KING ALPHA WITH QUEEN OMEAGA BY HIS SIDE, ELECT OF GOD,DEFENDER OF THE FAITH , ABBA JANOY ,RASTAFARI ..... THERE IS A LIST OF ALL HIS TITLES THAT I AN I TRYING TO GET A HOLD OF..IT SHOWS TITLES BESTOWED UPON HIM FROM NATIONS ALL OVER THE WORLD ...I'LL SHARE IT ONCE I GET A HOLD OF IT...NOW I AN I WANT TO ADD A SHORT AND SWEET DEFINITION OF RASTAFARI...RASTAFARI IS "ONE WHO IS ONE WITH CREATION AND ONE WITH H.I.M "  ...I AN I WILL START REVIEW THE OTHER POST AND MAKE A FEW COMMENTS HERE AND THERE...BLESSED LOVE FOR THIS THREAD IYAH AS REASONING IS ABOUT TEACHING,LEARNING AND MIND REFRESHING AND REMEMBER THAT RASTA IS EVERLEARNING AND I AN I ARE FILLING IN THE HALF THATS NEVER BEEN TOLD AND EACH OF THE I THEM HAVE A PIECE OF KNOWLEDGE THAT ANOTHER I MIGHT NOT HAVE AS YET...REASONING IS ALWAYS GOOD..I AN I WOULD REASON ALLDAY IF I AN I COULD

BLESSINGS TO ONE AND ALL
Posted on: March 04, 2007, 05:45:24 pm
Greetings

I an I just here watching the ONE LOVE PEACE concert when BOB MARLEY called up MANLEY and SEAGA on stage and lightening flashed...now back to the reasoning

Also the I forgot to mention that there were many attemps to kill the KING from birth including his own cousin Lij Yasu who tried many tiomes including one time trying to drown him by sinking a boat with HIM and a friend and the friend drown but HIM swimmed to shore..also remeber to add prophecies about his birth..I an I will try to find it as I had it in another thread..

Bless

here it is

http://www.geocities.com/joshua_tt/kingselassie.html

The world should know that he is the Almighty, it is prophecised, the prophecy has been fulfilled, open your eyes and look. Haile Selassie from his youth, was a mysterious person who was said to have been feared by priest and other persons working in the palace. His first born name was Ras Tafari which means "head creator", but Tafari alone means, "to be feared" and so he was. The coming of the child was one in a million since the time of Christ, when Christ was born, the planets of the universe aligned themself, and this is a sign of a Great person to be born astronomers say. Their was the worst drought & famine in Ethiopia than ever seen before, days before he was born, Ethiopia purged itself to accept him & now Ethiopia purges itself to accept Jah children, for when we repatriate. Their is a story about Haile Selassie in his youth, his father & mother was astounded by his vast knowledge and wisdom of and from the bible. They brought in priest to talk with him to ask him where he knew all these things from, Haile Selassie knew books that aren't printed in the bible, like the 8th, 9th & 10th books of Moses, the Dead Sea Scrolls, he would know line for line. The priests would ask him questions and he would call them to tell them the answer in their ears and the answers he would give would frighten the priests away, and some would never return to see him. At one time their were two priests talking to Tafari, who had claimed he talks to animals and the wild beasts in the jungles of Ethiopia, One of the priests asked Tafari to draw one of these animals, so Tafari requested for crayons and a piece of paper and began to draw it formed into a dove of bright multi-colors and before the priest could question Tafari about the bird on the page he was dumbfounded when he saw it arise off the paper and fly through the window, the two priests hysterically left the palace and never returned.             

Tafari the Mystical Youth, Give Thanks.

Posted on: March 04, 2007, 06:07:13 pm
Greetings

I an I overstand what the I them saying about the food thing thats why I man setting Iself to move back to JAMAICA then eventually set a place in Ithiopia/Ghana ...I an I in Canada and the I them know winter is not nice..so I dont even attemp to grow anything plus I man want real soil... I an I taking a 2 year course in studio producing/engineering/managing them open a studio in Jamaica then plant up I an I's field

Bless

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2007, 09:59:23 PM »

Bless Up Family

Blessings and JahJah's Guidance phoenixtears..  InI hope that the I is feeling way more at ease with this Rasta School task now.  As InI have mentioned...  Not all will agree...Not all are here to learn...Not all will like the new Rasta School.  However, the I has already proven InI's point that every little bit counts towards success at the end.  Be proud of the Iself...  Rasta School looking Good to InI.   

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee

Love_Sponge

• Senior User
  • Rasta Love
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:16 PM »

Blessings phoenixtears and to everyone else who has participated so far,InI shall add a few questions soon :),so far the I is reading what the teachers have to say :)

Praise be to the most high and to you all for taking the time to educate us all
Thank you
we are ONE so why are we so divided??

1080man

• Full User
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 02:58:24 AM »

Quote from: phoenixtears43 link=topic=4011. msg57256#msg57256 date=1172940546
Alright Idren, InI have decided to start a Rasta School for the young Is here, to help them out.   I will give help to those who are stuck.   Im here to answer questions and teach the basics of RastafarI.   InI will start a new topic in this thread for study maybe once a week.   Im hoping to teach the Is new to Rastafari about Rastafari, as well as help the youth learn how to REASON with each other.

Thanks to SistahVee for the Idea to start this Rasta School to teach the ones who are lost.   As she said to InI, YOUTH teaching YOUTH.   InI think its a wonderful Idea.   Any comments so far?

Yes, I am just starting on this site and I want to know how to be more of a rastafarian.  I am just getting used to the site as well so i dont know how to use it.  i feel embareesed as well to just write a reply as well, because everyone on this site talk so differently and so deeply.

phoenixtears43

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 03:21:12 AM »

Ah I see, dont worry about that, InI guess InI should go over Patois and common Rasta words :) dont worry about how the I talks, k?  The I will probably slowly drift into talkin like that too, once you get used to it heh :P dont worry about it.

Jah Bless, 1080
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 15

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 21 queries.