Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

Author Topic: RASTA SCHOOL  (Read 90308 times)

RAS_CHUCKY11

Re: RASTA SCHOOL
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2007, 06:06:28 PM »

Greetings

I don't really overs where the I going with this here reasoning...This thread is not really for reasoning..Its for sharing Info..Now if the I want to go into reasoning about something that wasnt apart of the sharing of Rasta knowledge.... the I can create a New Thread to discuss this..But I also think there was already a thread discussing this before

Bless
« Last Edit: May 21, 2007, 06:15:41 PM by RAS CHUCKY »

habashani

« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2007, 06:33:28 PM »

seen
ok
forwrd

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2007, 09:23:06 PM »

Bless

A SLICE OF MOUNT ZION (Joseph Hill)

A slice of Mount Zion is for I
A slice of Mount Zion is for I

I pray to Jah honesty
To please let me live honestly
Love my brother that's all I need
I need no riches just harmony

I'm willing Jah to lay down
At Zion doorway like a foot mat
Even the saints of Zion
Trod upon my back and enter in

I pray every day to see
The falling of the wicked men
I know that wickedness will prevail
But only for a little while

Cannot got to Zion with your force
Have manners and enter Jah house
You cannot live here with your big gun
All you got to di is help me pray
Let's kneel on our knees and clasp our hands
And say father please help me

Children having children
Poverty upon the door
I've seen white squall
Walking on the street
With man under arrest

Satan is around us like a roaring lion
Seeking Jah children to devour all the days of our lives
Like a hungry eagle
Flying through the sky
Seeking form and soul to devour
But don't let him catch us

Give me strength oh Jah I pray
With thy manna up from Mount Zion
And no one can give satisfaction
But thee alone
Sit up on thy throne and
Pardon our transgression
Stretch forth pity to thy children
In the morning sun

A slice of Mount Zion is for
A slice of Mount Zion belong to
A slice of Mount Zion is for Ö

mirat

« Reply #138 on: May 25, 2007, 02:14:05 AM »

tanx bredda Nicro...

sorry for some error...
coz some bredren and sistren on that time..wearin some thing that
make their dreads must covered...

tanx again...

JAH BLESS!

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #139 on: May 27, 2007, 04:32:17 PM »

I was discussing this with Chief Brody as to why RASTAFARI will not accept their form of christianity so I`ll share it here as well
Jerimaih 1 vs 14

[14] Then the LORD said unto me, Out of the north an evil shall break forth upon all the inhabitants of the land.

notice there's hardly any mention of Japhet and his children throughout the bible so why should I accept religion from his children

Gen.10
[1] Now these are the generations of the sons of Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth: and unto them were sons born after the flood.
[2] The sons of Japheth; Gomer, and Magog, and Madai, and Javan, and Tubal, and Meshech, and Tiras.
[3] And the sons of Gomer; Ashkenaz, and Riphath, and Togarmah.
[4] And the sons of Javan; Elishah, and Tarshish, Kittim, and Dodanim.
[5] By these were the isles of the Gentiles divided in their lands; every one after his tongue, after their families, in their nations.

Japheth, literally means "opened" or "expanded". Naturally in the sense that his descendents settled all Europe and the greater part of Asia, and later colonised and developed the Western Hemisphere previously ruled by Ham and Canaan, as Shem replaced Canaan in the Promised Land. For obvious reasons, Japheth never expanded to the Far East. And Spiritually through the fulfillment of Genesis 9:27 and Matthew 21:43 wherein Jesus said to Shem, "The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation, ("ethnos" or Gentile culture), bringing forth the fruits thereof". That is, a people with the faith of Abraham (Galatians 3:26-29).

Eziekel 39 vs 5-7

5] Thou shalt fall upon the open field: for I have spoken it, saith the Lord GOD.
[6] And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I am the LORD.
[7] So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

Hosea 13 vs 4

[4] Yet I am the LORD thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no god but me: for there is no saviour beside me.

HAILE SELASSIE I IS EARTH RIGHTFUL RULER

A MAN WITHOUT KNOWLEDGE OF HIS PAST HISTORY IS LIKE A TREE WITHOUT ROOTS

DO SOME RESEARCH

Did you know that the first slave ship to reach the shores of "America" was named JESUS?

Sir John Hawkins had the dubious distinction of becoming the first slave-ship captain to bring Africans to the Americas. Hawkins was a religious gentleman who insisted that his crew "serve God daily" and "love another". His ship, ironically called "the good ship Jesus," left the shores of his native England for Africa in October 1562. He arrived at Sierra Leone, and in a short time he had three hundred blacks in his possession. Hawkins claimed to have acquired them "partly by sword and partly by other means."[1]
Again, Jesus' teachings are those of liberation and not captivity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hawkins

Admiral Sir John Hawkins (also spelled as John Hawkyns) (Plymouth 1532 Ė November 12, 1595) was an English shipbuilder, naval administrator and commander, merchant, navigator, and slave trader. As treasurer (1577) and controller (1589) of the navy, he rebuilt older ships and helped design the faster ships that withstood the Spanish Armada in 1588.

In 1564, Queen Elizabeth I partnered with him by renting him the huge old 700-tonne ship Jesus of Lubeck, and he set forth on his second longer and more extensive voyage along with three small ships.

His third voyage was in 1567. Hawkins again traded for slaves with local leaders, and also augmented his cargo by capturing the Portuguese slave ship Madre de Dios (Mother of God) and its human cargo.

Jesus and Angel and Grace of God were the names of slave ships!!

http://www.dur.ac.uk/4schools/Slavery2/Timeline.htm

The Atlantic Slave Trade. A Timeline

1444 The first public sale of African slaves takes place in Lagos, Portugal.
1482 The Portuguese start building the first permanent slave trading post at Elmina on the Gold Coast (now Ghana). The fort eventually passes through Dutch and English hands and by the eighteenth century was handling 30,000 slaves each year.
1510 The first slaves arrive in the Spanish colonies of South America, having travelled via Spain.
1518 The first direct shipment of slaves from Africa to the Americas takes place. 
1562 John Hawkins becomes the first English man to trade in slaves. He is a cousin on Sir Francis Drake.
1564-5 Hawkins leads a second slaving expedition. This is partly sponsored by Elizabeth I who allows Hawkins to make use of a royal ship, the Jesus of Lubeck. The expedition is a success. 
1567-8 A third slaving expedition is mounted by Hawkins. Although this starts well, bad weather forces them to take shelter in Mexico where their ships (including two royal vessels) are captured by the Spanish. No further expeditions are made for some years.
1619 Dutch traders start to convey slaves from Africa to America.
1630s British interest in the slave trade grows as plantations are established in the Americas. A number of companies are set up to deal with the trade.
1652 The Dutch establish a colony at the Cape of Good Hope. Their position now makes them the dominant slaving nation.
1660 The Royal Adventurers into Africa, a British company, is set up to trade in slaves and other commodities from Africa. By 1665 it was able to earn £100,000 but competition from private traders forced the company to cease trading in 1672.
1672 The Royal African Company is established with James, Duke of York, as its governor. Between 1672 and 1689 it is responsible for transporting nearly 90,000 slaves. It suffers competition from private traders but survives and prospers.
1700s Britain becomes the dominant slave-trading nation.
1713 Britain wins the right to carry slaves to the Spanish Americas under the Terms of the Treaty of Utrecht (drawn up at the end of the War of the Spanish Succession). They sell the rights to the South Sea Company for £7.5m. Despite difficulties the Company survives and prospers.
1780s The slave trade reaches its peak. It is estimated that one slave ship leaves Britain every other day. The toll on human life is considerable. The Privy Council estimate that half of the slaves are dying either in transit or in the initial period after their arrival (called 'the seasoning').

HAILE SELASSIE I IS EARTH RIGHTFUL RULER

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:27:30 am
ALL CAN RESEARCH FOR THEMSELVES MORE INDEPTH

http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/bb000319.htm

Genesis 10 -- the Table of Nations
"No one must lightly dismiss the question of race. It is the key to world history  and it is precisely for this reason that written history so often lacks clarity  --  it is written by those who do not understand the race question and what belongs to it. Language and religion do not make a race, only blood does that".                   Benjamin Disraeli

Genesis 10 is a prophecy that establishes the origins, and reveals the traits that have determined the future history and fixed the ultimate destiny of each branch of the human race in their journey from their Genesis through to their reward or loss as described in the Books of Ezekiel and Daniel and expounded by Jesus through His angel, the late William Branham (Revelation 1:1; 10:7).

In the Table of Nations, seven sons of Japheth are named. The sons are peoples or countries, only Japheth remains a person. The same holds for Shem and Ham who do not belong to the Table of Nations. So the record is not merely or mainly a genealogy of individuals but of family houses by which earth was divided into nations according to the number of the children of Israel. Hence:-

a) The dual form of names such as "Mizraim" which is probably meant to represent the two Egypts.

b) The plural form such as Ludim, Anamim, Lehabim, Nephthuhim, Pathrusim, Casluhim, Caphthorim, represent the nations named after a patriarch such as "Lud".

c) The tribal or gentile forms like Jebusite, Amorite, Girgasite, Hivite, Arkite, Sinite, Arvadite, Zemarite, Hamathite.

d) Forms for "groups" of tribes, such as Canaanites.

e) Forms for nations, such as Gomer, Magog, and Madai.

Trees represent people and like the two trees in the Garden of Eden, Shem and Canaan were initially side by side in the midst. In general terms, we may say that the north was assigned to Japheth, the south to Ham, and the middle territory to Shem, whereas Canaan was beaten asunder or "scattered abroad" throughout the earth.

Five words are translated "nation" in the Old Testament. "Goy" means a non-Hebrew nation or multitude of creatures (people, animals or insects). "Am" mens a collection of people, a nation, attendants, troops, a tribe or compatriots. "L'owm" means a gathering or community of people. "Erets" means nations, land or country. "Ummah" means a community of people, a tribe or nation.

Four words are translated "nation" in the New Testament. "Ethnos" which refers to a race of the same culture or habits: specifically gentile, heathen or pagan customs foreign to Israel. "Genos" means kindred breed, stock, race born of a common descent. "Genea" means a group of kindred people at a point in time, era or generation. "Allophulos" means another (non-Israelite) nation or tribe.

Genesis 10:1 gives the "generations" (Heb. "towldah" -- pedigree or genealogical lists of the blood-descendants) of Noah's three sons who are named in order of their theocratic importance, not their age. Shem represented the believer, Ham the make-believer, and Japheth the unbeliever. However the descendants of Japheth, Noah's first-born, are treated first in this prophecy. They occupied the desirable lands of the "goy" beyond the sea from Israel, families of a common language settling under the headship patriarchs following the dispersal from Babel and taking their identity from their names.

Next, the descendants of Noah's youngest son, Ham, are discussed. Clearly, Ham, whose estate has been degraded in that his firstborn was the illegitimate Canaan, who is cursed with his Serpent's seed forebears, is not one to passively submit to Noah's prophecy. His practical nature rebelled against that Word in his son Cush; and in his son Nimrod, who became a mighty hunter, blessed of God. And this became a proverb among the people.

When wild animals overran the land making it unsafe, Nimrod culled the beasts, restoring peace and safety, thus earning the gratitude of the people who made him their leader. He then organized them into cities with walls for protection, and teaching his huntsmen the art of war, established his kingdom and built more cities.

Many generations after the confusion of tongues, Ham's other sons settled in Africa, establishing nations under their names. Canaan and his descendants are listed separately in this genealogy and in the genealogy of I Chronicles 1:13-16 because they are accursed, not being in Adam's race. All the sons of Ham gave their names to families of a common language who eventually settled their nations following the dispersal from Babel.

It must be remembered at this point that the descendants of Cain, the family of Canaan on this side of the Flood, have no inheritance in the earth, and can never enter the Presence of the Lord (Genesis 4:11-15). Thus God commanded Moses to utterly exterminate all the Canaanites found living in the Promised Land (Deuteronomy 7).

Portions of land were also divided among the descendants of Noah's second son Shem, and so the whole earth was divided among the sons of Noah and their descendants. Seventy nations, countries and tongues were named after these men.

"Philology," which is the science of the structure and development of language, has discovered three parent groups of languages and peoples: Aryan, Semitic, and Turanian (who are Asiatic and neither Aryan nor Semitic) -- Japheth, Shem, and Ham. Family traits are evident in the languages of the different groups as language determines or reflects the way men conceive of things.

The Japhetic or the Indo-Europeans have maintained the evident relationships in their particular family of languages. And the same observation applies to the Semitic languages. Even though they have spread so widely, they have continued to share a certain way of viewing things. Indo-Europeans philosophically with an emphasis on the abstract, and the Semites with their emphasis upon behavior from a more transendential point of view.

From all over the world, wherever Ham and Canaan are found, the witness is to an entirely practical view of the world, rooted in the present, wise in a canny sort of way, specific, particular, uninterested in the abstract, always inventing new words or new terms for things, interested in particulars rather than categories, earthy, and very largely disinterested in unlikely possibilities.

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:30:01 am
http://www.jesus21.com/content/faith/index.php?s=in_his_name

The name of Jesus has been used throughout history to add a veneer of presentability to a variety of dubious earthly pursuits. In this article I'll draw your attention to three: The Good Ship Jesus, Fort Jesus, and Christian Hillóall created or utilized by pious men of God who brought untold misery to those who came in contact with them and their work.

The Good Ship Jesus | The Beginning of the British Slave Trade

The Good Ship Jesus
What has come to be referred to as "The Good Ship Jesus" was in fact the "Jesus of Lubeck," a 700-ton ship purchased by King Henry VIII from the Hanseatic League, a merchant alliance between the cities of Hamburg and Lubeck in Germany. Twenty years after its purchase the ship, in disrepair, was leant to Sir John Hawkins by Queen Elizabeth.

Hawkins, a cousin of Sir Francis Drake, was granted permission from Queen Elizabeth for his first voyage in 1562. He was allowed to carry Africans to the Americas "with their own free consent" and he agreed to this condition. Hawkins had a reputation for being a religious man who required his crew to "serve God daily" and to love one another. Sir Francis Drake accompanied Hawkins on this voyage and subsequent others. Drake, was himself, devoutly religious. Services were held on board twice a day.

A bound slave adorns John Hawkins' coat of arms.
Off the coast of Africa, near Sierra Leone, Hawkins captured 300-500 slaves, mostly by plundering Portugese ships, but also through violence and subterfuge promising Africans free land and riches in the new world. He sold most of the slaves in what is now known as the Dominican Republic. He returned home with a profit and ships laden with ivory, hides, and sugar. Thus began the British slave trade.

On his return to England Queen Elizabeth, livid, assailed Hawkins charging that his endeavor, "...was detestable and would call down vengeance from heaven upon the undertakers." When Elizabeth became fully aware, however, of the profits to be made she joined in partnership with Hawkins and provided him with the "Jesus of Lubeck," a.k.a., "The Good Ship Jesus."

A later slaving expedition in 1567, consisting of five ships and the "Jesus of Lubeck," met with resistance from the Spaniards at St Juan d'Ulloa in Mexico. Since the slave trade was illegal Spanish colonists usually required a charade of force from British ships, after which they would buy slaves at a discount. This time, however, the Spanish attacked the British ships and the "Jesus of Lubeck," cumbersome and difficult to maneuver, was sunk and the crew slaughtered. Hawkins escaped with Drake on a smaller ship.

Hawkins, his piratic ambitions dashed, returned to England and remained there in the service of the Queen. He gained distinction for his pivotal role in defeating the Spanish Armada and was knighted in 1588.

Fort Jesus | A Holding Area for The Slave Trade

Old Mombasa
Fort Jesus was the original name of the island city of Mombasa, the current capital of Kenya. In the 16th century the city was known as Kisiwa ya Mvita, or "island of war," a Swahili name by which it is still known today. The city's strategic placement on the trade routes around the horn of Africa guaranteed continual conflict which occured for centuries between Africans, the Portuguese, the Omani Arabs and the British. In 1963 the country was finally relinquished to self rule.

In 1498 Vasco De Gama journeyed, ostensibly to spread the Christian faith, but in reality to secure Portuguese domination of Indian Ocean trading routes. During the course of his journey he discovered Mombasa. Nearly 100 years later the Portuguese installed the Kenyan King of Malindi as the Sultan of Mombasa. The first in a long line of western puppet rulers the Sultan proved a useful liaison between the Portuguese and the local inhabitants.

Fort Jesus
The following year the Portuguese broke ground for Fort Jesus, a magnificent stronghold designed by the Italian architect Jao Batisto Cairato. Designed to ward off hostilities from sea and land the fort exists today as a museum and tourist attraction. Poorer communities surrounding Mombasa were raided by Muslim and Portuguese slavers alike. Captured slaves were forced to work on the town's farms growing spices, cotton and coffee. Working conditions were brutal. Within Fort Jesus the Portuguese built cells for slaves and tunnels used to channel them onto slave ships waiting in the harbor

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:31:15 am
GENESIS 9

[25] And he said, Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren.
[26] And he said, Blessed be the LORD God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
[27] God shall enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:35:20 am
Matthew 21

[43] Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:38:24 am
REVELATIONS 10 VS 7

[7] But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:41:02 am

CULTURE (JOSEPH HILL)

Too long the people's hidden in the darkness (Oh milord!)
Now is the time, now is the time,
that we all should see the light.
civilisation begins here.

Now, it's been too long.
Too long, too long in slavery.
Free us god.
Now, it's been too long.

But we were brought here,
to do a very necessary job (job job job)
Now that the work is over, we want to know when we will be returned.
That's what we ask.

They stole us, away from africa.
Could not let you buy.
Not at our will
but stole us away on these three ships.
Do you want to hear what's their names?
But they are S.S Jesus,
S.S Jesus, of god.

This is my way of loving, and that is the destruction of poor black people.
Too much of that.

Now, it's been too long.
black man get up, stand up blackfoot
Now, it's been too long.
Too long, too long in the slavery.

Why, milord? (3x)
My mother suffer, my father suffer.
My brother die in penitentiary, under solitary confinement.

Why milord? (oh lord oh lord)
All the international morality is at stake.
Why milord?

Now that the work is over, we want to know when we will be the returned.
couldn't believe you see, they stole us away on these three ships.

Now, it's been too long.
Free the people and let them move in liberty
Now, it's been too long.

So the struggle continue..
But while the struggle continue, I'm going to tell you

We rastaman will set the world free

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 04:55:05 pm
Artist: Aswad

Title: No More Living A Lie

No more living a lie identify can't you
Feel it now we 're loving one another
Feel it now we 're loving one another
Yesterday it was only tears and pain
I dan cried to Jah Jah 'cause all the people do is to fight in vain
I could not believe how we could be so selfish
I find it hard to believe how we could be so foolish
I mean Jah Jah give us a new name
Jah Jah give us a new name and now I'm glad to say
The birds of a feather flock together come what may
And no more living a lie identify can't you
Feel it now we're loving one another
Feel it now we're loving one another

No man should treat his own brother so
That his own flesh and blood become that mans enemy
O man don't you know bloods thicker than water
And if you don't know by now these things you really ought to
I mean Jah Jah give us a new name
Jah Jah give us a new name and now I'm glad to say
The birds of yes the birds of a feather flock together come what may
And no more living a lie 

One

Children of the new covenant
Hear I oh Israel Jah rasta fari is one

Blazing tongue aflame ghetto youth
You know you name come

For he shall have judgment without mercy
That have showed no mercy
For mercy rejoiceth against judgment
In secret ridicule
Where fore it is contained in the scripture
Behold I lay in Zion
A chief cornerstone
Elect and precious
And he that believeth on him
Shall not be confounded

But ye are a chosen generation
A royal priesthood
A holy nation, a peculiar people
That ye should show forthe the praises of him
Who has called you out of darkness
Into his marvelous light
Having good conscience that where as
They speak evil of you as of evildoers
That they may be ashamed
That falsely accuse your good conversation in Jah

Children of the new name covenant
Hear I oh Israel
Jah rasta fari is one

For the time is come that judgment
Must begin at the house of Jah
And if it first begin at I and I
What shall be the end of them
That obey not Jah
Behold the hire of the laborers
Whoíve reaped down our fields
Which is of you kept back by fraud crieth
And the cries of them which have reaped
Are entered into the ears of the lord of Sabat or Armies

Jah rasta fari is one
Jah rasta fari is one

NEW NAME

When I calling Rastafari watch the weak heart tremble
heathen don' like Jah name(repeat)
It's a new name precious name
New name Jah Rastafari
Yes it's a new name precious name
New name Jah Rastafari

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 05:23:35 pm
Men Will Doubt

(Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah)
You never hear the wings them flapping
For the vulture when him a draw near (oh, no)
Certain roads ina this ya wa man travel we no gone clear (oh well)
So many times the history repeat itself
Them no want hear (oh no)
Ghetto soldier yes you done receive the challenge
You no want bear (oh well)

Other men will doubt but faultless youíll make out
Ah aah ah aah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
They will suggest to you that if you strive for self
You no wan care (oh no)
But as you travel many hills and many valleys
The goods must share (oh well)
So many reputations lost upon the principle
You no wan bear (oh no)
So many promises rewards and opportunities
We no gone clear (oh well)

The government steady looking at your wallet
it all a tear (oh no)
Everyday working early pon the market
till the sun stop share (oh well)
so many times the history repeat itself
them no wan hear (oh no)
ghetto soldier yes you done receive the challenge
you no wan bear (oh well)

You never hear the wings them flapping
For the vulture when him a draw near (oh, no)
Certain roads ina this ya wa man travel we no gone clear (oh well)
So many times the history repeat itself
Them no want hear (oh no)
Ghetto soldier yes you done receive the challenge
You no want bear (oh well)

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 05:24:34 pm
Black Culture - Haile I Selassie I

Jah, Jah, Jah, Jah, Jah, Jah,
Haile I Selassie I, Haile I Selassie I

Only one, Jah Ras Tafari,
Lord of Lords, King of Kings highest of high,
From the smallest of life to the greatest,
From the greatest of life, to the smallest,
There is nothing you canít do, in his presence,
Not anything could harm you, in his presence,

So many of them blind to the I,
Make them know, every good word is from the I,
Big assortment of love, how them canít see it,
Big assortment of life, how them canít know it,
There is a higher manifestation, Ethiopia,
The highest of high His nation, Ethiopia,

From every mountain peak, to the valleys down below,
Every eye shall see, every knee shall bow,
Thereís no running this time, be courageous,
Thereís no running this time, be courageous,
There is nothing you canít do, in His presence,
Not anything could harm you, in His presence,

So many of them blind to the I,
Make them know, every good word is from the I,
Big assortment of love, how them canít see it,
Big assortment of life, how them canít know it

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 05:26:49 pm
Bobo Ites - Heathen Rage

Big things a gwaan
Keepin it real, Ďnuff a them wa fe spin the wheel, make deal
All the life under this mass destruction
Only the fittest of the fittest shall survive, yo

The heathen rage with blood inna dem eye
Wha them a fe try
I guess they want fe hold down de ghetto youths
That livin in St. Croix
Donít wha we live up the righteousness of Rastafari
Sabbat them bone bound fe fry
Itís like them forget the Nazarine vows under the abadejani

One thunder ball hear the Bobo Ites cry out with showers
We need fe seek de righteousness of Jah Jah
Live up livity, Rastafarian soldiers chant redemption songs
Bun fya Ďpon iniquity workers, Bush pagan leach Ďpon de poor
Like vampires - choo - hear out the Bobo Ites
The dragon slayer set de booby trap for the bear
Clip the eagleís feathers, Babylon I know you can feel the heat,
What you sow is what you reap
Mask man, pick up dem gun hungry
Canít find food fe eat, who canít heed dem a go suffer cold feet
This one like fya onto the heart of the weak Ė this oneís obsolete
For the warheads me canít speak

For the Bobo Ites is on a mission and itís not complete
Until Babylon Leagues of Nation fall in the agony of defeat
Iyah Ites is on a mission and itís not complete
Until Babylon Leagues of Nations fall in the agony of defeat

Wha them a fe try
That livin in St. Croix

Yo, see dem deh them eye well blood red
Them love to promote them vain things and dem folly
Pollute the youths with iniquity
But still canít hold we down inna dem high society
Them bone bound fe fry those who donít care for you or me
Them shall fall in de sinking sand without partiality
Come mek we seek Melchezidek, Emmanuel, Marcus Garvey
His Imperial Majesty Selassie I, more powers to the trinity
Live it up, donít give it up, freedom for the black supremecy

Wha them a fe try
That livin in St. Croix

Check out this vibes canít you see
How much ghetto youths in St. Croix are dropping like flies
So how could youth tell me seh that weíre living ina paradise
When there is envy, lust and grudge amongst the foolish eyes
Them ready fe take a life by the guns or the knifes
Oh what a weeping and wailing and a gnashing of cry
When mama and papa youth get paralyzed
Ghetto youths be wise and stop fantasize
Donít commit your life to the darkness but of the light
Hear this lyrical penetration
Fe mek you open your ears and your eyes
Cause the ghetto youths in St. Croix is the elements of surprise
Yeah, we are the elements of surprise

Wha them a fe try
That livin in St. Croix

One thunder ball hear the Bobo Ites cry out with showers
We need fe seek de righteousness of Jah Jah
Live up livity, Rastafarian soldiers chant redemption songs
Bun fya Ďpon iniquity workers, Bush pagan leach Ďpon de poor
Like vampires - choo - hear out the Bobo Ites
The dragon slayer set de booby trap for the bear
Clip the eagleís feathers, Babylon I know you can feel the heat,
What you sow is what you reap
Mask man, pick up dem gun hungry
Canít find food fe eat, who canít heed dem a go suffer cold feet
This one like fya onto the heart of the weak Ė this oneís obsolete
For the warheads me canít speak

For the Bobo Ites is on a mission and itís not complete
Until Babylon Leagues of Nation fall in the agony of defeat
Iyah Ites is on a mission and itís not complete
Until Babylon Leagues of Nations fall in the agony of defeat

Wha them a fe try
That livin in St. Croix

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 05:28:28 pm
Light Of Jah

Listen carefully my son From when has the inner war begun 'gainst I
It started from imitations Problem nuh mek it stray your third eye yeah
Listen carefully my child Princess let your culture be your pride
Always be happy on the inside Empress do you hear what I say

How could the sun rise and you never saw the light of Jah, the emperor
How could the moon shine and you never saw the emperor, the light of Jah
You must live this life in love people Let Selassie be the judge
'Member he's the carpet they're the rug Evil, it nah go stop the emperor, no!
You must live this life in peace brethren Violence it must decrease right now
Put the wicked under sistren Cook the veggie not the meat,

Flash a lighter for the earth Farmer bless the life within the dirt daily
Jah lives on he never hurts Mama They are our teacher mainly yeah
Buddhist, Christian, Catholic, Baptist Penticostal, Seven-Day Adventist
Muslim, Mormon, Hindu, Coptic, Evangelist Rasta love you can't resist

Listen carefully my son From when has the inner war begun 'gainst I
It started from imitations Problem nuh mek it stray your third eye yeah
Listen carefully my child Princess let your culture be your pride
Always be happy on the inside Empress do you hear what I say

Posted on: May 27, 2007, 05:31:15 pm
Babylon Don't Like

Chorus: Babylon don't like when Rasta gather and a unite, them only want see we fight
they don't like when black man gather and a unite, dem only want we fight

Dem say, mek we mash up that dance round ya
Cause dem a smell too much ah the good ganja
Dem say, tear down that shop de over de
Cause dem ah see too much of the roots and culture yeahee
Dem say, hold that group deh, charge them with sedition,
Cause through dem fraid we would of tek over this ya land, but
Dem no know Rasta don't love no Babylon, the only land we love is Alkebulan

Chorus:
(Rafijah)
Jah nuh send no rain only fire and flames for their malicious and their unjust ways
Bablylon canít hide the flame, the more the people come together in one faith.
Itís deh more Babylon try isolate, so get it straight yow.
They try to misrepresent the truth of our origin,
they killed our high priest so we couldnít Hold no gathering,
plagiarize the knowledge with their tampering yow,
Me bunn dem out, yow with the wicked me ainít carrying

Chorus:
You know say, separation it was a tool of the slave master
Keep dem ignorant and they will remain under
Dem no want you to know de truth of you ancient ancestors
Dem no want you to know the root of Ethiopia
They control the minds and yes they tame the flesh
Release the chains but still we no free yet
So come together mek we unite without regret and
Babylon would a worry you know them would a fret

Chorus:
(Rafijah)
Jah nuh send no rain only fire and flame for their malicious and their unjust ways
Bablylon canít hide they face, the more the people come together in one faith.
Itís deh more Babylon try fe separate, get it straight yow.
Rejoice & search for that higher heights and bunn Babylon becah dem boy ah parasite
Keep the most high by your side, cause he deh yah shine deh light
They misrepresent the truth of our origin,
they killed our high priest so we couldnít hold No gathering,
plagiarize the knowledge with their tampering yow
Fire blaze and ah bunn up dem skin, me nah gon grin nuh

1080man

• Full User
« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2007, 04:04:53 AM »

What are some scriptures that I and I can read that put forth of rasta?

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #141 on: June 03, 2007, 03:13:54 AM »

HAIL

Just read from beginning to the ending and research HISTORY as well because the bible itself is mostly a History book and by researching history you can learn more detailed overstanding of the bible...Research about names,places etc that you see mention in the bible...

1935 from BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/history/mwh/ir1/manchuriarev2.shtml

In 1935, Italy invaded Abyssinia. Although the Abyssinian emperor Haile Selassie went to the League himself to ask for help, all the League did was to ban arms sales, which did Abyssinia more harm than Italy. A League commission offered Italy part of Abyssinia, but Italy invaded anyway. Far from stopping Italy, Britain and France tried to make a secret pact to give Abyssinia to Italy.

JAH BLESS

Gabi

« Reply #142 on: June 05, 2007, 03:47:59 PM »

Quote from: Ras Matthew link=topic=4011. msg57256#msg57256 date=1172940546
Alright Idren, InI have decided to start a Rasta School for the young Is here, to help them out.   I will give help to those who are stuck.   Im here to answer questions and teach the basics of RastafarI.   InI will start a new topic in this thread for study maybe once a week.   Im hoping to teach the Is new to Rastafari about Rastafari, as well as help the youth learn how to REASON with each other.

DONT BE SHY ask any questions that are on your mind, seen?

Thanks to SistahVee for the Idea to start this Rasta School to teach the ones who are lost.   As she said to InI, YOUTH teaching YOUTH.   InI think its a wonderful Idea.   Any comments so far?

I will soon.  I'm reading through this school but it's taking sometime.  I hope to learn alot here though.  I have been looking for a "religion" for a long time which would embody my own spirituality, I hope I have now found it. 
Haven't quite got I-talk yet but it'll come  :)

phoenixtears43

« Reply #143 on: June 05, 2007, 07:29:56 PM »

:D yeah bredda, the Rasta School has tons of information :)  and dont worry about the I-talk untill the I feels comfortable with it, its not really a big deal.

Jah bless, good luck in your search :)

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #144 on: June 05, 2007, 11:33:59 PM »

HARD TO FIND KNOWLEDGE

PUNT....THE WORD PLANET DERIVED FROM PUNT AS THE PUNT PEOPLE WERE THE PLANETS FIRST PEOPLE,EARTH FIRST PEOPLE WHICH THE NAME WAS ALSO GIVEN TO THE TREE ``PUNT TREE`` THAT BLEEDS METAL...VERY REAR TREE BUT ITS AROUND...WHEN IT BLEEDS...AFTER A WHILE WHAT IT BLEEDS TURN INTO METAL.

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #145 on: June 21, 2007, 06:11:24 PM »

InI is not new to Rastafari, InI was born Ras, but all Ras have something to learn from the next.  On that note I would like to be the first student of The Rastari School, InI is both student and teacher, and the I's should approach this venture in a similar manner.  Before I ask my question I want to send my blessings to The I Phoenixtears for pioneering something useful for the youths, and also thanks to Ras_Chucky, Sistahvee and molliebaz for their support and/or participation so far.

Student Question # 1: InI now live in the U. S.  and InI can't find "real" food easily.  They label real food "organic" and chemical food is "food".  Organic food is very expensive, so how can the I stay Ital when there is not much Ital here. 

Student Question #2: Can the teachers please share with I some Ital dishes and recipes that InI can try.  If the I is in a place where real food is hard to comeby, then the I can maybe help InI if the I still eat Ital inna "Inorganic Babylon".

any and all responses will help InI.

Thanks in advance!

Happy Learning!

Peace!

Ras_Nevoe

i dont have any dishes but at my house i have a small vegetable garden and i dont use any chemicals. so if u have the space at your house i strongly recommend it. peace
Posted on: June 20, 2007, 10:38:57 pm
I want to help you.......But first tell I what you know about Rastafari and H.I.M, and why you decided to become a ras(if you are ras).

why can't u help him?
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

phoenixtears43

« Reply #146 on: July 09, 2007, 07:01:11 PM »

InI thought id post this here, firstly because its a good page, and second because i want to resurrect this thread  ;D ;D

http://www.rastaites.com/news/news/news.htm

Its a Rasta news zine, Iman am not sure if it has been posted before, but there are new stories added every few days.  InI check it from time to time, to see what is happening in the Rasta community.

Hope you all find it useful

Jah bless
Posted on: July 09, 2007, 07:56:14 pm
http://members.aol.com/Nattyhed/report.html

This Idren wrote a report about Selassie, there is other good information on his site as well, but the Selassie report really caught I eye.

Jah bless

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2007, 10:07:26 PM »

Bless Up Family

As Many are aware, Ras Chucky was the main individual assisting in keeping the Rasta School up to date.  As circumstances has forced him to step away from the boards InI will attempt to assist temporarily.

Today InI will add a full Lesson on the NAZARITE VOW as related through Istory and the Ible as well as attempt to clarify the differences between a NAZARITE and a NAZARENE as requested by several members.  No lesson is ever complete as there is always more to learn, however the following should serve as a Good starting point for those Interested in this particular topic.

Bless Up Family

Here is some Istorical facts for those seeking answers to the Nazarite/Nazarene questions.

"And he came and dwelt in a city called
Nazareth: that it might be fulfilled which
was spoken by the prophets, He shall be
called a Nazarene."

Matthew 2:23

Matthew's Story
Matthew says that it was foretold that the savior would be from Nazareth and that he would be called a Nazarene. This is disputed by skeptics: there are no verses in the Old Testament having anything to do with Nazareth or Nazarenes, and no prophet ever said that a savior would be called a nazarene. Skeptics are quick to point to this omission as evidence that Matthew was just imagining that such a prophecy existed. Joseph Wheless, writing in "Is It God's Word" (page 246), is one of the better-known of these skeptics:
Jesus was, indeed, called a nazarene, which is the hellenized form of the Hebrew "notsri", which means "offshoot," or "branch," referring to an offshoot of Judaism. He may also have been called a nazarene because the name "Nazareth" is arguably derived from the Hebrew word '"neser," which means "sprout or descendant." [1]
We will show below, however, that there is weak evidence to support Matthew's contention. We begin by showing why Matthew thought that the prophets foretold that Jesus would be called a nazarene, branch, or offshoot.

What Did the Word Nazarene Mean?
Yariv Eyal [2] says that Nazarene was the Hellenized form of the word meaning branch, or offshoot, referring to a branch of Judaism:
Jesus was widely known to the Israelites as Yeshu haNotsri in their language, which means Jesus the Notsri. He is called this to this day, and his followers are called Notsrim after him and his movement. The word nazarene is the Hellenized [3] form of notsri. Most of Yeshu's followers, either uneducated Jews or non-Jews, didn't know why he was called Notsri or what it meant. The word notsri, which is an adjective, comes from netser, which means sprout or branch or offshoot. (See also, Romans 11:20-23) [4] Since Jesus was a member, or perhaps the former member, of an offshoot group which sprouted off of mainstream Judaism, he was called Jesus the Notsri. The Hebrew word for Christian to this day is Notsri.

Luke, who allegedly wrote the book of Acts, confirms the assertions, above, by Eyal. Luke tells us that a nazarene was a member of a sect of outcast Jews: "For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes." (Acts 24:5)

Nothing in Old Testament About Nazarenes
Nazarene and Nazareth are not mentioned in the Old Testament, which makes sense, since there was no city called Nazareth in the days of the prophets. There is, however, a reference to a class of people called nazarites (Hebrew: nazer, crown, referring a crown , the hair of a nazir), who made themselves separate from ordinary human beings and devoted themselves to the spiritual life [5]. Samson, whose long hair set him apart from others, was the earliest known Nazarite. The reference in question appears in Judges:

For, lo, thou shalt...bear a son; and no razor shall come on his head: for the child shall be a Nazarite unto God from the womb: and he shall begin to deliver Israel out of the hand of the Philistines. (Judges 13:5)
Lest there be any doubt that the verses in Judges refer to the legendary Samson, we hear the voice of a man with a special vulnerability:
There hath not come a razor upon mine head; for I have been a Nazarite unto God from my mother's womb: if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man. (Judges 16:17)
Thus, we see that these nazarites had nothing to do with the town of Nazareth or the name Nazarene.
Did Matthew Believe Judges Referred to Nazarenes?
Did Matthew believe that the Judges verse was a prophecy about the savior nazarene? If so, this is how his mind might have worked: Jesus was God, therefore his life is foretold in the Old Testament. Jesus was from Nazareth (or so people believed), therefore his Nazareth residency must somewhere be mentioned in the Old Testament. Matthew scours the old scriptures for anything that looks like Nazareth, and finds the nazarite passage in Judges. That must be it, he thinks.
According to this hypothetical scenario, a poorly-inspired Matthew believed that the prophets foresaw that the son of god would be a called Nazarene, which he thought meant "a resident of Nazareth". We know, of course, that the Judges verses speak of an angel who is telling a women she will bear a savior son, which turns out to be Samson the Nazarite, not Jesus the Nazarene.
If Matthew wasn't referring to the nazarite verses in Judges, perhaps he was thinking of the following verses in Isaiah, which specifically refer to a person as a branch:
The Old Testament Nazarene Prophecy
And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD; And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears: But with righteousness shall he judge the poor, and reprove with equity for the meek of the earth. (Isaiah 11:1-11)
The question to be investigated is this: If indeed Apollonius was "the Jesus Christ" and was crucified, as evidenced by the image on the Shroud of Turin, why was he said to have been a Galilean from Nazareth, rather than an Aramaean Assyrian from Tyana or elsewhere north of Jerusalem? Why Nazareth?
Assuming, as I do, that the "Jesus" born of Mary was actually Jesus Barabbas, orThe Son Of Father Superior, he probably received a fine religious upbringing. Following his "Bar Mitzvah", during the missing 18 years he moved to Jerusalem and began his "divinely inspired" insurrection against the Roman rule. Presumably he returned home to Nazareth from time to time to visit his parents and other relations and friends. He and John The Baptist had grown up as cousins, and by 27 CE John was "crying in the wilderness" and baptizing revolutionary sympathizers in the River Jordan north of Jerusalem and the Dead Sea, perhaps a third of the way north between Jerusalem and Nazareth

In that same spring of 27 CE, Apollonius of Tyana and Damis of Ninevah returned to Babylon from their trip to India. After visiting Babylonian Prince Bardanes, they departed for points west and south. From Babylon there were two major highroads, one west to Damascus and the Lebanon, and the other north to Ninevah and on west to Edessa and Antioch. Whichever road they took, they turned up later that year in the vicinity of the River Jordan, Sea of Galilee and Nazareth. Apollonius expressed solidarity with the political cause of John by being baptized. He became the long-awaited "Messiah" rather by default. Certainly John could tell that Apollonius was a philosophical "cut above" the average Palestinian and on an equal with the Essenes and other holy Jewish cults. Apollonius spoke with a strange, northern, Syrian-like Aramaic accent not completely unlike the Nazarene accent. However, in Jerusalem Jesus Barabbas had become known as a "Messiah" as well. It should be added here that John The Baptist did not recognize the "Messiah" whom he baptized as someone that he had met before, which would have been reported differently in the Gospels if this "Messiah" had been John's childhood cousin Jesus, considering how close Mary and Elizabeth were.
Thus, it was in Nazareth where the confusion originated as to whether Apollonius of Tyana or Jesus Barabbas of Nazareth was the "true" Messiah.

NAZARETH is not mentioned in the Old Testament or in Josephus, but occurs first in Matt. ii. 23, though a town could hardly fail to have existed on so eligible a spot from much earlier times. It derives it celebrity almost entirely from its connexion with the history of Christ, and in that respect has a hold on the imagination and feelings of men which it shares only with Jerusalem and Bethlehem.
[COMMENT: There is no reason to doubt this information. If Nazareth was not mentioned in either the Old Testament or Josephus, then it certainly had no "historical" importance. Josephus died in Rome at the turn of the Second Century. Why did he not mention "Jesus of Nazareth", alongside John The Baptist? Josephus must have decided that events transpiring at Nazareth and in the Galilee were of no real importance to the history of the Jews.
there is no doubt that modern-day En-Nazirah is ancient Nazareth
The passages of Scripture which refer expressly to Nazareth though not numerous are suggestive and deserve to be recalled here. It was the home of Joseph and Mary (Luke ii.39). The angel announced to the Virgin there the birth of the Messiah (Luke i.26-28). The holy family returned thither after the flight into Egypt (Matt. ii.23). Nazareth is called the native country of Jesus: He grew up there from infancy to manhood (Luke iv.16), and was known through life as "The Nazarene". He taught in the synagogue there (Matt. xiii.54; Luke iv.16), and was dragged by His fellow-townsmen to the precipice in order to be cast down thence and be killed. "Jesus of Nazareth, King of the Jews" was written over His Cross (John xix.19), and after His ascension He revealed Himself under that appellation to the persecuting Saul (Acts xxii.8). The place has given name to His followers in all ages and all lands, a name which will never cease to be one of honour and reproach.
It is clear from the Gospels that John did not recognize the "Messiah" who came forwards for baptism. In fact, John did not even realize that this new follower of his movement might possibly be the Messiah until after the baptism when the dove appeared and set down on bird-lover Apollonius' shoulder
After a sojourn at Jerusalem of uncertain duration, Jesus went to the Jordan with His disciples; and they there baptized in His name. The Baptist was now at Aenon near Salim; and the jealousy of his disciples against Jesus drew from John an avowal of his position, which is remarkable for its humility (John iii.27-30).
"A man can receive nothing except it be given him from heaven. Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I have been sent before Him. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom; but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. He must increase, but I must decrease."
It had been the same before; when the Sanhedrim sent to enquire about Him he claimed to be no more than "the voice of One crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias" (John i.23); there was one "who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose" (i.27).
Jesus now returned to Galilee, and came to Nazareth, His own city. In the Synagogue He expounded to the people a passage from Isaiah (lxi.1), telling them that its fulfilment was now at hand in His person. The same truth that had filled the Samaritans with gratitude, wrought up to fury the men of Nazareth, who would have destroyed Him if He had not escaped out of their ....
Posted on: July 14, 2007, 11:04:43 pm
hands (Luke iv.16-30).
[COMMENT: Here are these verses from Luke (Revised Standard Version). "And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up; and he went to the synagogue, as his custom was, on the sabbath day. And he stood up to read; and there was given to him the book of the prophet Isaiah. He opened the book and found the place where it was written, 'The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed, to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.' And he closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him. And he began to say to them, 'Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing.' And all spoke well of him, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth; and they said 'Is not this Joseph's son?' And he said to them 'Doubtless you will quote to me this proverb, "Physician, heal yourself; what we have heard you did at Capernaum, do here also in your own country."'
The origin of the disrepute in which Nazareth stood (John i.47) is not certainly known. All the inhabitants of Galilee were looked upon with contempt by the people of Judaea because they spoke a ruder dialect, were less cultivated, and were more exposed by their position to contact with the heathen. But Nazareth laboured under a special opprobrium, for it was a Galilean and not a southern Jew who asked the reproachful question, whether "any good thing" could come from that source. The term "good", having more commonly an ethical sense, it has been suggested that the inhabitants of Nazareth may have had a bad name among their neighbours for irreligion or some laxity of morals.
Nazareth is a moderate journey of three days from Jerusalem; seven hours, or about twenty miles, from Akka or Ptolemais (Acts xxi.7); five or six hours, or eighteen miles, from the Sea of Galilee; six miles west from Mount Tabor, two hours from Cana, and two or three from Endor and Nain.
NAZARENE, an inhabitant of Nazareth. This appellation is found in the New Testament applied to Jesus by the demons in the synagogue at Capernaum (Mark i.24; Luke iv.34); by the people, who so describe him to Bartimeus (Mark x.47; Luke xviii.37); by the soldiers who arrested Jesus (John xviii.5,7); by the servants at His trial (Matt. xxvi.71; Mark xiv.67); by Pilate in the inscription on the cross (John xix.19); by the disciples on the way to Emmaus (Luke xxiv.19); by Peter (Acts ii.22, iii.6, iv.10); by Stephen, as reported by the false witness (Acts vi.14); by the ascended Jesus (Acts xxii.8); and by Paul (Acts xxvi.9).
[COMMENT: Regardless of whether Jesus Barabbas, Son of Mary, was from Nazareth, the fact that this city is associated with the crucifixion automatically links Apollonius to Nazareth, because the image of Apollonius is that found on the Shroud of Turin. The "highfalutin" Jerusalem Jews probably heard the northern accent of Apollonius and didn't distinguish it as being Cappadocian, assuming only that it "sounded Nazarene".
Its application to Jesus, in consequence of the providential arrangements by which His parents were led to take up their abode in Nazareth, was the filling out of the predictions in which the promised Messiah is described as a Netser, i.e., a shoot, sprout, of Jesse, a humble and despised descendant of the decayed royal family. Whenever men spoke of Jesus as the Nazarene, they either consciously or unconsciously pronounced one of the names of the predicted Messiah, a name indicative both of his royal descent and his humble conditions.
The explanation of others (Tert., Erasm., Calv., Bez., Grot., Wetstein), according to whom the declaration is that Jesus should be a Nazarite, i.e., one especially consecrated or devoted to God (Judg. xiii.5), is inconsistent, to say nothing of other objections, with the Sept. mode of spelling the word, which is generally Naziraios, and never Nazowraios.
If a word such as Nazarenes exists in modern Arabic to describe Christians, then the Islamic tradition also indicates that En-Nazirah was connected to the life of Christ.
NAZARITE, more properly NAZIRITE (Num. vi, Judg. xiii, Lam. iv.7; Nazaraeus), one of either sex who was bound by a vow of a peculiar kind to be set apart from others for the service of God. The obligation was either for life or for a defined time. The Mishna names the two classes resulting from this distinction, "perpetual Nazarites" (Nazaraei nativi) and "Nazarites of days" (Nazaraei votivi).
The Nazarite, during the term of his consecration, was bound to abstain from wine, grapes, with every production of the vine, even to the stones and skin of the grape, and from every kind of intoxicating drink. He was forbidden to cut the hair of his head, or to approach any dead body, even that of the nearest relation. When the period of his vow was fulfilled, he was brought to the door of the Tabernacle and was required to offer a lamb for a burnt-offering, a ewe for a sin-offering, and a ram for a peace-offering, with the usual accompaniments of peace-offerings (Lev. vii.12,13) and of the offering made at the consecration of priests (Ex. xxix.2) "a basket of unleavened bread, cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, and wafers of unleavened bread anointed with oil" (Num. vi.15).
He brought also a meat-offering and a drink-offering, which appear to have been presented by themselves as a distinct act of service (ver. 17). He was to cut off the hair of "the head of his separation" (that is, the hair which had grown during the period of his consecration) at the door of the Tabernacle, and to put it into the fire under the sacrifice on the altar. The priest then placed upon his hands the sodden left shoulder of the ram, with one of the unleavened cakes and one of the wafers, and then took them again and waved them for a wave-offering. These, as well as the breast and the heave, or right shoulder (to which he was entitled in the case of ordinary peace-offerings, Lev. xii.32-34), were the perquisite of the priest. The Nazarite also gave him a present proportioned to his circumstances (ver. 21).
FOOTNOTE: It is said that at the south-east corner of the court of the women, in Herod's temple, there was an apartment appropriated to the Nazarites, in which they used to boil their peace-offerings and cut off their hair.
Apollonius of Tyana was most certainly not a "Nazarite". Apollonius did not eat meat; he did not condone the sacrifice or sport-killing of animals; and he did not ever cut his hair. These "Nazarites" came from strictly Jewish customs connected with the Old Law of Moses. Since, in the first place, Apollonius was not a Jew, then he could never have achieved the venerated status of "Nazarite". And these "Nazarites" were not necessarily "Nazarenes".
If a Nazarite incurred defilement by accidentally touching a dead body, he had to undergo certain rites of purification and to recommence the full period of his consecration. On the seventh day of his un-cleanness he was to cut off his hair, and on the following day he had to bring two turtle-doves or two young pigeons to the priest, who offered one for a sin-offering and the other for a burnt-offering. He then hallowed his head, offered a lamb of the first year as a trespass-offering, and renewed his vow under the same conditions as it had been at first made.
It has been conjectured that the Nazarite vow was at first taken with some formality, and that it was accompanied by an offering similar to that prescribed at its renewal in the case of pollution. But if any inference may be drawn from the early sections of the Mishnical treatise Nazir, it seems probable that the act of self-consecration was a private matter.
There is nothing whatever said in the Old Testament of the duration of the period of the vow of the Nazarite of days. According to Nazir (cap. i ß3, p.148) the usual time was thirty days, but double vows for sixty days, and treble vows for a hundred days, were sometimes made

Of the Nazarites for life three are mentioned in the Scriptures: Samson, Samuel, and St. John the Baptist. The only one of these actually called a Nazarite is Samson. The Rabbis raised the question whether Samuel was in reality a Nazarite. In Hannah's vow, it is expressly stated that no razor should come upon her son's head (1 Sam. i.11); but no mention is made of abstinence from wine. It is, however, worthy of notice that Philo makes a particular point of this, and seems to refer the words of Hannah, 1 Sam. i.15, to Samuel himself. In reference to St. John the Baptist, the Angel makes mention of abstinence from wine and strong drink, but not of letting the hair grow (Luke i.15).
[COMMENT: If Luke referred to John The Baptist as a "Nazarite", then why did not he and other Jewish Gospel writers refer to "Jesus" also as a "Nazarite"? Was John a "holier man" than Jesus? Why was not ascetic, celibate "Jesus of Nazareth" elevated to this "holy status" of "Perpetual Nazarite" like John? Because the true "Jesus of Nazareth" was not a Jew at all, but an uncircumcized Gentile from Aramaean Cappadocia:
We are but imperfectly informed of the difference between the observances of the Nazarite for life and those of the Nazarite for days. The later Rabbis slightly notice this point. We do not know whether the vow for life was ever voluntarily taken by the individual. In all the cases mentioned in the sacred history, it was made by the parents before the birth of the Nazarite himself. According to the general law of vows (Num. xxx.8), the mother could not take the vow without the father, and this is expressly applied to the Nazarite vow in the Mishna.
The Mishna makes a distinction between the ordinary Nazarite for life and the Samson-Nazarite. The former made a strong point of purity, and, if he was polluted, offered corban [a sacrificial offering to God in fulfillment of a vow, RS]. But as regards his hair, when it became inconveniently long, he was allowed to trim it, if he was willing to offer the appointed victims (Num. vi.14). The Samson-Nazarite, on the other hand, gave no corban if he touched a dead body, but he was not suffered to trim his hair under any conditions. This distinction, it is pretty evident, was suggested by the freedom with which Samson must have come in the way of the dead (Judg. xv.16 &c).
III. The consecration of the Nazarite bore a striking resemblance to that of the high-priest (Lev. xxi.10-12). In one particular, this is brought out more plainly in the Hebrew text than it is in our version, in the LXX [Greek Septuagint, RS], or in the Vulgate. One word derived from the same root as Nazarite is used for the long hair of the Nazarite, Num. vi.19, where it is rendered "crown".
The primary meaning of this word is that of separation with a holy purpose. Hence it is used to express the consecration of the Nazarite (Num. vi.4,5,9). But it appears to have been especially applied to a badge of consecration and distinction worn on the head, such
Posted on: July 14, 2007, 11:06:24 pm
as the crown of a king (2 Sam. i.10; 2 K. xi.12), the diadem of the high-priest (Ex. xxix.6, xxxix.30), as well as his anointed hair, the long hair of the Nazarite, and, dropping the idea of consecration altogether, to long hair in a general sense (Jer. vii.29). This may throw light on Gen. xiix.26 and Deut xxxiii.16
The Mishna points out, the identity of the law allowed more freedom (Lev. xxi.2). And Maimonides (More Nevochim, iii.48) speaks of the dignity of the Nazarite, in regard to his sanctity, as being equal to that of the high-priest. The abstinence from wine enjoined upon the high-priest on behalf of all the priests when they were about to enter upon their ministrations, is an obvious, but perhaps not such an important point in the comparison.
That the institution of Nazarites existed and had become a matter of course amongst the Hebrews before the time of Moses is beyond a doubt. The legislator appears to have done no more than ordain such regulations for the vow of the Nazarite of days as brought it under the cognizance of the priest and into harmony with the general system of religious observance. It has been assumed, not unreasonably, that the consecration of the Nazarite for life was of at least of equal antiquity.
The word "crown" [I think, as it is written in Hebrew, RS] occurs in three passages of the Old Testament, in which it appears to mean one separated from others as a prince. Two of the passages refer to Joseph: one is in Jacob's benediction of his sons (Gen. xlix.26); the other in Moses' benediction of the tribes (Deut. xxxiii.16). As these texts stand in our version, the blessing is spoken of as falling "on the crown of the head of him who was separated from his brethren".
(Lam. iv.7,8). In the A.V. the words are "Her Nazarites were purer than snow, they were whiter than milk, they were more ruddy in body than rubies, their polishing was of sapphire, their visage is blacker than a coal, they are not known in the streets, their skin cleaveth to their bones, it is withered, it is become like a stick."
The vow of the Nazarite of days must have been a self-imposed discipline, undertaken with a specific purpose. The Jewish writers mostly regarded it as a kind of penance, and hence accounted for the place which the law regulating it holds in Leviticus immediately after the law relating to adultery. As the quantity of hair which grew within the ordinary period of a vow could not have been very considerable, and as a temporary abstinence from wine was probably not a more noticeable thing amongst the Hebrews than it is in modern society, the Nazarite of days might have fulfilled his vow without attracting much notice until the day came for him to make his offering in the Temple.
But the Nazarite for life, on the other hand must have been, with his flowing hair and persistent refusal of strong drink, a marked man. Whether in any other particular his daily life was peculiar is uncertain. He may have had some privileges (as we have seen) which gave him something of a priestly character, and (as it has been conjectured) he may have given up much of his time to sacred studies.
The meaning of the Nazarite vow has been regarded in different lights. Some consider it as a symbolical expression of the Divine nature working in man, and deny that it involved anything of a strictly ascetic character; others see in it the principle of stoicism, and imagine that it was intended to cultivate, and bear witness for, the sovereignty of the will over the lower tendencies of human nature: while some regard it wholly in the light of a sacrifice to the person of God.
That the Nazarite vow was essentially a sacrifice of the person to the Lord is obviously in accordance with the terms of the Law (Num. vi.2). In the old dispensation it may have answered to that "living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God", which the believer is now called upon to make. As the Nazarite was a witness for the straightness of the law, sacrifice of himself was a submission to the letter of a rule. Its outward manifestations were restraints and eccentricities. The man was separated from his brethren that he might be peculiarly devoted to the Lord. This was consistent with the purpose of divine wisdom for the time for which it was ordained.
Wisdom, we are told, was justified of her child in the life of the great Nazarite who preached the baptism of repentance when the Law was about to give way to the Gospel. Amongst those born of women, no greater than he had arisen, "but he that is least in the kingdom of Heaven is greater than he".
Uncommonly, but seemingly on occasion, a child could be designated or nominated a "Nazarite" from birth, and this is clearly the inference in Matthew 2:23, especially when we know, as modern investigation and archaeological research has shown, that there may have been no geographical town or city called Nazareth in the days of Joseph, Mary, and Jesus.
"The last form of a vow, the consecration of the hair of the head for a certain period, is practised by men of all ages. The vow is made as a petition for healing from a serious illness, rescue from danger, or purely as an act of consecration ."

[The two references marked ** are rendered in other recensions by the term "Nazara". All of the remainder can be rendered "Nazarene" except for Matt. 21:11, Mark 1:9, John 1:45 and 1:46.]
** ... having left Nazareth ..... he lived in Capernaum [Mt. 4:13]
Jesus the prophet, the [one] from Nazareth of Galilee [Mt. 21:11]
This one was also with Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Mt. 26:71]
Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee [Mk 1:9].
What [is it] to us and to you, Jesus of Nazareth? (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Mk 1:24]
Having heard that is was Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Mk 10:47]
You were with Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Mk 14:67]
You seek Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Mk 16:6]
** And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up [Lk 4:16] (We shall return more fully to this text).
What [is it] to you and to us, Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Lk 4:34] (identical to Mk 1:24 above).
They told him, "Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) is passing by [Lk 18:37]
Concerning Jesus of Nazareth ..... (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Lk 24:19]
Jesus the son of Joseph from Nazareth [Jn 1:45]
Out of Nazareth can any good be? [Jn 1:46]
They answered him, "Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene)"[Jn 18:5]
And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene)" [Jn 18:7]
Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene), the King of the Jews [Jn 19:19]
Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene), a man from God [Acts 2:22]
In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth (or Jesus Christ the Nazarene) [Acts 3:6]
By the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth (or Jesus Christ the Nazarene) [Acts 4:10]
This Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) ... [Acts 6:14]
Jesus from Nazareth ... God anointed with the Holy Spirit [Acts 10:38]
I am Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Acts 22:8]
Contrary to the name of Jesus of Nazareth (or Jesus the Nazarene) [Acts 26:9]
Of these references, only two give a specific sense of location. The first of these is that of Mark, who refers to "Nazareth of Galilee". The second is Luke 4:16, to which we said we would return. A fuller extract reads: 'And he came to Nazareth (Nazara), where he had been brought up; and he went to the synagogue, as was his custom, on the Sabbath day. And he stood up to read: and there was given to him a scroll of the prophet Isaiah. He ... found the place where it was written, "The spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to release the captives, and recovery of sight to the blind; to set free those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord." And he closed the scroll, and gave it back to the attendant, and sat down; and the eyes of all in the synagogue were fixed on him.'
And he began to say to them, "Today this scripture has been fulfilled in your hearing."

NOTE:  Regarding the Jesus Question(From another angle)
Here is a bit of history for those so inclined to Itinue researching for clear answers to old questions regarding the possible symbolism of JesusÖ..

Thus, the Passion and Resurrection of Christ are archetypical, not actual, representing a common religious and mythical motif, not the death and resurrection of a "real person." The archetypical death and resurrection of the god provide a spiritual example for his followers: "Osiris was regarded as the principal cause of human resurrection, and he was capable of giving life after death because he had attained to it. He was entitled 'Eternity and Everlastingness,' and he it was who made men and women born again." This mystery of the resurrection is depicted in thousands of tombs in the Nile valley: "Osiris died and rose again from the dead, so all men hoped to arise like him from death to life eternal." These important religious and spiritual concepts were popular in Egypt "from very early times," long before the purported advent of Christ. Also, when the god was reborn, "a loud voice was heard throughout all the world saying, 'The lord of all earth is born!'" Indeed, "it is astonishing to find that, at least, five thousand years ago men trusted an Osiris as a risen Saviour, and confidently hoped to rise, as he arose, from the grave."
In his mockery of Pagans, Christian writer Minucius Felix (3rd cent.) revealed that the Egyptians, and afterwards the Romans, beheld an empty tomb of Osiris or Serapis, another motif found in the later Christian myth. In addition to being placed in a tomb, Osiris was also covered in a shroud, relics of which were exhibited by unscrupulous priests long before the Christian era, a tradition continued with the two dozen or so bogus shrouds possessed by medieval churches including the infamous "Shroud of Turin" much ballyhooed to this day.
Another Egyptian tradition adopted by Christianity is the notion of the blood of the god being represented by wine, as described in a magic papyrus in the British Museum addressed to "Asklepios of Memphis." It is noteworthy that the heart of fine viniculture in Egypt was Mareotis, the Therapeutan cult center outside of Alexandria, the crucible of Christianity, which plagiarizes the water-to-wine motif and emphasizes Jesus's role as a winebibber.
As do Christians today, the millions of followers of Osiris were quite certain that, even though he was the Omnipotent Lord of Lord and King of Kings, he had at some point walked the earth. As Bonwick relates:
he was a person who had lived and died. They had no manner of doubt about it. Did they not know his birthplace? Did they not celebrate his birth by the most elaborate ceremonies, with cradle, lights, etc.? Did they not hold his tomb at Abydos? Did they not annually celebrate at the Holy Sepulchre his resurrection? Did they not commemorate his death by the Eucharist, eating the Sacred Cake, after it had been consecrated by the priests, and become veritable flesh of his flesh?
Providing further evidence of Osiris's pre-Christian role as a dying and rising savior god, several early Church fathers, including Athanasius, Augustine, Theophilus, Athenagoras, Minucius Felix, Lactantius and Firmicus, discussed the Egyptian god's death as mourned "every good Friday."
The death and resurrection of the sun god have astrotheological meaning, signifying the waxing and waning of the moon, which reflects the sun's light, as well as the daily rising and setting of the sun and the annual shortening and lengthening of the day. As part of his astrotheological journey, Osiris "traverses the twelve sections of the Duat," and, as the sun god, Osiris has twelve companions--the Signs of the Zodiac." Thus, in the myth of Osiris is the great teaching god with the twelve disciples who dies and resurrects, millennia before the Christian era. The evidence abundantly points to Jesus Christ as a nearly identical, mythical remake of the highly popular Osiris, whose story was known by millions of pilgrims for thousands of years in precisely the same areas in which the Christian myth arose.

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee

To he who much is given, much is required

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #148 on: July 20, 2007, 10:18:58 PM »

so both negus and Ras mean king?
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Nicro

• Realign your circutry to revolt against the confines of society
  • Senior User
  • And for this their belief God will Reward them
« Reply #149 on: July 20, 2007, 10:36:20 PM »

Ras=Head(usally a title for a duke like figure)
Ras Tafari=Head Creator
Tafari=To be feared
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.