Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: RASTA SCHOOL  (Read 83782 times)

1080man

• Full User
Re: RASTA SCHOOL
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 03:41:02 AM »

thanks pheonixtears i guess i will get the hang of it soon haha

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 04:33:56 AM »

Yes, I am just starting on this site and I want to know how to be more of a rastafarian.  I am just getting used to the site as well so i dont know how to use it.  i feel embareesed as well to just write a reply as well, because everyone on this site talk so differently and so deeply.

Ah I see, dont worry about that, InI guess InI should go over Patois and common Rasta words  dont worry about how the I talks, k?  The I will probably slowly drift into talkin like that too, once you get used to it heh  dont worry about it.

Jah Bless, 1080

Yes I, the Idren phoenixtears got it right. The I must not worry about the way the I's talk as time progress and the I reason with enough and study the vast knowledge posted on this site, trust InI, I-Talk(the name I use to define rasta dialect/speech/language) will become your second language, maybe your first.

On that note I would like to post my first lesson. It is a project I started recently to try to create a rasta definitionary(dictionary). I only did a few words because I wanted the I's to have some input, so if any of the I's would like to add words that are important, positive  and deserve rasta translation InI would appreciate that. This definitionary can be used by students to become better at speaking, I-Talk

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I-Talk: The Rastafarian Definitionary

IIdvark   -   (Aardvark)
Ital   -     
InI   -   (Me,We)
The I   -   (You)
The I's/ I dem   -   (you all)
I-Self   -   (Myself)
Irie   -   
Irit   -   (Spirit)
I-talk   -   (rasta dialect/language)
Inity   -   (unity)
Itinue   -   (continue)
Irate   -   (create)
Iration   -   (creation)
Irature   -   (creature)
Iriptures   -   (Scriptures)
Ible   -   (bible)
Edify   -   (Educate)
Definitionary   -   (Dictionary)
Wombman   -   (Woman)

P.S. I encourage the I's to add words that InI did not think of, and the I's can also translate words that haven't been translated in I-talk yet. But please make sure it is a useful word and translate it with a rasta meaning. If InI didn't give a translation for a word above, help InI out.

Give thanks, bredren to the most high we have a great thing here with this rasta school, let's keep the righteous teachings coming.

Peace

Ras Nevoe

« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 04:42:00 AM by Ras_Nevoe »
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 07:37:57 AM »

Greetings

I an I just decided to shed little light on some of H.I.M works

As regent, the new Crown Prince developed the policy of careful modernisation initiated by Menelik II, securing Ethiopia's admission to the League of Nations in 1923, re-abolishing slavery in the empire in 1924 (it had already been declared illegal several times by all the Emperors beginning with Tewodros, but with little practical result). He engaged in a tour of Europe that same year, inspecting schools, hospitals, factories, and churches; this left such an impression on the future emperor that he devoted over forty pages of his autobiography to the details of his European journey. Also on this trip, while visiting the Armenian monastery in Jerusalem, the Crown Prince met 40 Armenian orphans (አርባ ልጆች Arba Lijoch, "forty children") who had escaped from the Armenian genocide in Turkey. They impressed him so much that he received permission from the Armenian Patriarch of Jerusalem to adopt and bring them to Ethiopia, where he arranged for them to receive musical instruction, and they formed the Imperial brass band. The 40 teenagers arrived in Addis Ababa on September 6, 1924, and along with their bandleader Kevork Nalbandian became the first official orchestra of the nation. Nalbandian composed the music for the Imperial National Anthem, Marsh Teferi (words by Yoftahé Negusé), which was official in Ethiopia from 1930 to 1974.
Posted on: March 05, 2007, 06:32:59 am
Greetings

More sharing

(Haile Selassie had been the baptismal name given to Tafari at his christening as an infant meaning "Power of the Holy Trinity.") The representatives included Prince Henry, Duke of Gloucester (son of British King George V, and brother to Kings Edward VIII, and George VI), Marshal Franchet d'Esperey of France, and the Prince of Udine representing Italy.

BabaFats

• Regular User
  • We can combat hate with all the love we can mustar
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »

Bless up Pheonixtears. 
InI am open to learning everything the I and other I's have to teach.  There is much to learn.  but Jah's love will give InI the strength to ask questions and to listen to the I's answers.

First question.  InI know that we have spoken about HIM's divinity.  But 1 Chronicles 17 says that "I will be a father to him, and he will be my son."  To I, this sounds like the bible is proving that Haile Selassie is the son of God.  Not the Most I HIMself.  So any of, if not all of, the offspring of David could have born this divinity that Jah has bestowed.  Are there any other versus in the Bible that might clear this up a little?  It does not help Iman to also hear the speech where His Majesty denys being emanated from a deity.

Peace and Jah Bless bruda
InI hope to learn much here

Evan
::deliver me from reasons why::

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 06:28:24 PM »

Bless up Pheonixtears. 
InI am open to learning everything the I and other I's have to teach.  There is much to learn.  but Jah's love will give InI the strength to ask questions and to listen to the I's answers.

First question.  InI know that we have spoken about HIM's divinity.  But 1 Chronicles 17 says that "I will be a father to him, and he will be my son."  To I, this sounds like the bible is proving that Haile Selassie is the son of God.  Not the Most I HIMself.  So any of, if not all of, the offspring of David could have born this divinity that Jah has bestowed.  Are there any other versus in the Bible that might clear this up a little?  It does not help Iman to also hear the speech where His Majesty denys being emanated from a deity.

Peace and Jah Bless bruda
InI hope to learn much here

Evan

Do the I overstand the concept of The Holy Trinity, if the I overstand the concept of the holy trinity then the I knows the creator(father) isn't god but a part of the concept of god. GOD = "The Father, The Son and The Holy Irit" If the holy Irit is with I, and InI cease from sinning and repent, live I life in the direct footsteps of JAH, meaning perfect, righteous livity, with no imperfection, then InI is god in the form of the Holy Irit, the anointed one. Of course InI is not god because InI is still a sinner(InI no fraid fi admit it) but InI strive everyday to resist temptation and become perfect in the image of GOD, InI soon get there, though.

"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 12:26:50 AM »

Gretings

I an I fully agree with the I..Ras neveo...

there is a question that always pop up when it comes to the titles of H.I.M which I've been waiting on to answer but maybe in due time a non beliver will mention it

Bless

mirat

« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2007, 02:50:59 AM »

Quote from: phoenixtears43 link=topic=4011. msg57256#msg57256 date=1172940546
Alright Idren, InI have decided to start a Rasta School for the young Is here, to help them out.   I will give help to those who are stuck.   Im here to answer questions and teach the basics of RastafarI.   InI will start a new topic in this thread for study maybe once a week.   Im hoping to teach the Is new to Rastafari about Rastafari, as well as help the youth learn how to REASON with each other.

DONT BE SHY ask any questions that are on your mind, seen?

Thanks to SistahVee for the Idea to start this Rasta School to teach the ones who are lost.   As she said to InI, YOUTH teaching YOUTH.   InI think its a wonderful Idea.   Any comments so far?

tanx. . . mon. . .
soon i will. . .

BabaFats

• Regular User
  • We can combat hate with all the love we can mustar
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2007, 03:13:28 AM »

bless Ras Neveo.
Having been raised in a Jewish home, InI had never been given much opportunity to question I family about the Holy Trinity. 
But the I's explanation, although simple, explained the concept to I perfectly.

Thank ye brotha

Peace.  and in Jahs steps, Love
Evan
::deliver me from reasons why::

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2007, 06:22:59 AM »

bless Ras Neveo.
Having been raised in a Jewish home, InI had never been given much opportunity to question I family about the Holy Trinity. 
But the I's explanation, although simple, explained the concept to I perfectly.

Thank ye brotha

Peace.  and in Jahs steps, Love
Evan

It is InI pleasure, bredren. Babylon try fi keep the people Under-Stand, but Rasta come fi mek them Over-Stand!

BLESSED!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 06:24:51 AM by Ras_Nevoe »

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2007, 08:59:42 AM »

Greetings

Same way RASneveo... The reason why Rastafari is everlearning is because we are being given some of the hidden mana/the half thats never been told....Alot of people dont take their time to pay attention to what I an I say as rases and go research for themselves to overstand that I an I as rases are not making up things as most of these things are obvious and right in their eyes ...and if they were to just take their time and open their eyes and pay attention to reality..... they wound'nt have to question I an I as Rases when I an I speak...All it takes is a little research and opening your eyes to reality...one can also read the bible along with this and they will finally see the purpose of the bible and overstand it as plain as daylight... Reasoning is always good as it reveils some hidden manna that some of us might not have received as yet...thats why I an I as rases are teachers and students for Iver!

Blessed Love
Posted on: March 07, 2007, 07:28:43 am
Bob Marley / Peter Tosh)

Get up, stand up, stand up for your right
Get up, stand up, don't give up the fight

Preacher man don't tell me that Heaven is under the Earth
I know you don't know what life is really worth
It's not all that glitters is gold
Half the story has never been told
So now you've seen the light, eh
Stand up for your right, c'mon

Most people think, great God will come from the sky
Take away everything and make everybody feel high
But if you know what life is worth
You would look for yours on Earth
And now you've seen the light
You stand up for your right (Jah)

Get up, stand up (Jah, Jah)
Stand up for your right (Oh)
Get up, stand up (Get up, stand up)
Don't give up the fight (Life is your right)
Get up, stand up (So we can't give up the fight)
Stand up for your right (Lord, Lord)
Get up, stand up (People strugglin' on)
Don't give up the fight (Yeah)

We're sick and tired of your easing kissing game
To die and go to Heaven in the Jesus' name, Lord
We know when we understand
Almighty God is a living man
You can fool some people sometimes
But you can't fool all the people all the time
So now we've seen the light (What you gonna do?)
We gonna stand up for our rights
So you better...

Get up, stand up (Don't give up the fight)
Stand up for your right (Stand up right now)
Get up, stand up
Don't give up the fight (Don't give it up, don't give it up)
Get up, stand up (Get up, stand up)
Stand up for your right (Get up, stand up)
Get up, stand up
Don't give up the fight (Get up, stand up)...
Posted on: March 07, 2007, 07:47:24 am
Do the I overstand the concept of The Holy Trinity, if the I overstand the concept of the holy trinity then the I knows the creator(father) isn't god but a part of the concept of god. GOD = "The Father, The Son and The Holy Irit" If the holy Irit is with I, and InI cease from sinning and repent, live I life in the direct footsteps of JAH, meaning perfect, righteous livity, with no imperfection, then InI is god in the form of the Holy Irit, the anointed one. Of course InI is not god because InI is still a sinner(InI no fraid fi admit it) but InI strive everyday to resist temptation and become perfect in the image of GOD, InI soon get there, though.

Well said Iyah.....this also answers the question I an I was waiting for someone to ask...The difference between the KING and the other offsprings are obvious... When I get this question concerning the lineage all I an I tell them to do is research and find what the differences are between the KING and the other offsprings and it will lead them closer to the truth

Blessed

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2007, 06:05:54 PM »

Bless Up Family

Just wondering if Rasta School closed for March Break???  When it opening again...  InI already did InI's homework for last week's lesson and looking out for more assignments...

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »

Hail

It look suh ..lol

teacher on vacation

mirat

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2007, 12:21:59 AM »

irie. . .

mon,ahhm i-self really want to ask that we JAH children from differnt cultures can be one?especially in asia(philippines)we dont have holy book and a good preacher. . .

and. . thus di bwoi can ask more deeply on InI works?on what he done?in this blessed world. . .

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2007, 12:27:30 AM »

Bless Up mirat

Nice to see the I has taken InI's advice and visited the RASTA SCHOOL.  Ask away and many are standing by to give the I the best responses available.

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2007, 05:46:44 PM »

http://web.syr.edu/~affellem/rasdave.html

Ras David. Writes:

WALKING IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF HAILE SELLASSIE I

For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

On the 23rd July, Rastafarians the world over will be celebrating the birthday of the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah, Haile Sellassie 1.

What a day that was on the 23rd July, 1892, the air was still, as Ethiopia faced one of the many droughts to hit that part of Africa. Mystics in Ethiopia prophesied earlier, that, the birth of a blessed child would break the drought. And so it was, the thunder rolled and lightening flashed and the clouds burst forth rain as Woizero Yeshimebet, wife of Ras Makonnen gave birth to Tafari Makonnen at their country house at Ejersa Goro, outside Harar, Ethiopia. Mystically, Tafari was the only child out of ten between Ras Makonnen and Woizero Yesimebet to survive.

Even though Tafari's birth was foretold by the ancient prophets and that a certain air of mysticism surrounded it, I write this article to present a part of his life, and some of the works that he did, to be an example to those that are called by his name, Rastafari.

I must begin with the reality of good parenting, and being a positive role model for our children. Tafari was indeed a blessed child, but that by no means exempted him from life's tribulations. When Tafari was only a year and a half, his mother died in child-birth, leaving him to the care of his father, which made the bond between father and the son he yearned for, become closer and more intimate. When Tafari was a little under four years old, his father Ras Makonnen raised an army of 30,000 soldiers and rode to join his Emperor, Menelik II, in the famous battle of Adowa (March 1896), where the invading forces of Italy were annihilated. As time went by, Ras Makonnen's responsibilities became heavier, and this kept him away from home a lot, so he arranged to have Tafari raised with his second cousin Imru, so he fell under the guidance of Imru's father Fitawrari Haile Sellassie Abayneh. Even though this occurred, Ras Makonnen, whose personality comprised of a good mix of shrewdness, gentility, sophistication and political acumen, along with Fitawarari Abayneh, provided Tafari with apt role models.Therefore, as Rastafari parents we must ensure that we provide proper role models for our children to follow, foster within them the values of truth, honour, respect, love for others... remembering always, that these must be cultivated in oneself first, if it is to be passed on to them.

As a child Tafari's father always taught him to respect learning, especially the modern education then seeping into Ethiopia. The Ras recognized that the country had to change with the times, or fall pray to imperialism. He was determined that his son would learn the old traditions, together with the new lore and become one of Ethiopia's agents of modernization. At a very young age, the boys were tutored for and extra hour in French, by Dr. Joseph Vitalien, a Guadeloupean physician who ran the local hospital, they also enjoyed church school where they learned to be good orthodox Christians by studying Geez, Amharic, and the Psalms of David. Later on after 1903, he was sent to the Capsucin school run by father Jarosseau. Abba Samuel was appointed his tutor, a man whom Jarosseau hoped to provide an intellectual model for Tafari. Tafari was a very good student, his French tutor Dr. Vitalien remembered him to be an intelligent child, quick to learn, with a sweet disposition and a natural affection for his teachers. When asked about his childhood, in an interview with an Italian journalist, Haile Sellassie I , said, " We were a very serious, very diligent, very obedient youth. We were sometimes punished, but do you know why? Because what we were made to study did not seem enough and we wished to study further. We wanted to stay on at school after lessons were over." The Emperor emphasized the importance he attached to the education of youth by retaining for himself for several years the portfolio of the Minister of Education. He opened many schools and was instrumental in creating Ethiopia's first University. He said, " Education is the basis for greatness, the power, the pride and prosperity of a nation." Therefore, Rastafarians should educate their children, for it is suicide and a crime against the responsibility which God places in all parents not to do so.

Posted on: March 10, 2007, 04:45:10 pm
He showed himself to be such a remarkable student, that when Lidj ( "child" - a title reserved for the children of the high ranking nobility ) Tafari, as he was then called, reached the age of thirteen, His Highness Ras Makonnen, raised him to the rank of Dejazmatch,( " commander of the gate" ; a title of nobility equivalent to count. ), and appointed him governor of Gara Mulata. Some months later Ras Makonnen fell ill on his way to the capital to see Emperor Menelik II. The journey was discontinued and Ras Makonnen was taken back to Kulibi, near Harrar. He asked for his son and he was brought immediately. Tafari was at his father's bedside when he died in March, 1906. This left him without both parents at an early age, but the foundation was set, and he began to climb the ladder of the adult world at the age of thirteen. The orphaned Dejazmatch Tafari was called to Addis Ababa by Emperor Menelik II. He appointed him Governor of Sellale province in May 1906. Tafari accepted, but he was eager to continue his education, so he sought and gained the permission from the Emperor to rule Sellale through his personal representative, and to continue his education at the newly established Menelik II School. In March 1908, Dedjazmatch Tafari at the the age of sixteen, was made Governor of Sidamo by Emperor Menelik. At the age of twenty he married Woizero Mennen. In September 1916, after the death of Emperor Menelick II, the Council of State appointed Dedjazmatch Tafari as Regent and Heir to the Throne and was given the title of Ras ( "Head" - equivalent to Duke ). His status was raised to Negus (King) in October 1928 and then he went on to be crowned Emperor Haile Sellassie I, on 2nd November 1930. To show his great respect for the role of the woman, Sellasie broke tradition by having the coronation ceremony for his wife Empress Woizero Mennen follow his Coronation. Traditionally it was not permitted for her to be crowned on the same day as the Emperor.

There are so many aspects of Haile Sellassie's life that could be mentioned, but I choose to address two more fitting examples. He was an avid advocate for hard work, and the unity and brotherhood of man. About his love for work, he worked for twenty hours a day, with one hour for prayer and three hours for rest. When he was asked about the distribution of alms, and the poverty of some of his people,he said, " Rich and poor have always existed, and always will. Why? Because there are those that work and those that don't; those that wish to earn their living and those that prefer to do nothing. Those that work, that want to work, are not poor. For it is true that Our Lord the Creator sends as into the world as equals, but it is also true that when one is born one is neither rich nor poor. One is naked. It is later on that one becomes rich or poor, according to one's deserts. Yes, we too are aware that distribution alms serves no useful purpose. For there is only one means to solve the poverty problem; work."

With such an example, no Rastafari man, woman or child could justify sitting idle, just waiting for someone to give them something, for by the sweat of thy brow, you shall eat your bread. No time for petty excuses, for as Marcus Garvey said, " If you can't find work, make work, be creative". Put your creative energy to use, if you don't, you will end up docile, and incapable of positive action. I conclude this part by quoting H.I.M.,

" Unless a man undertakes more than he can possibly do, he will never be able to do all he can do."

About his love for justice, peace, unity and the brotherhood of man, Haile Sellassie I refined personal diplomacy into a fine art, especially in helping to bring about progress, peaceful transitions and development to Africa. In 1963 he personally invited all African Leaders to come to Addis Ababa, for a conference, and the Organization of African Unity ( O.A.U.) was created, with Addis Ababa being it's first Headquarters. He saw the need for an organization which would facilitate acceptable solutions to disputes among Africans and promote the study and adoption of measures for common defense and programs of cooperation in the economic and social fields. At the Conference of independent African States, he cautioned.... " Above all we must avoid the pitfalls of tribalism. If we are divided among ourselves on tribal lines, we open our doors to foreign intervention and its potentially harmful consequences.....

History teachers us that unity is strength and cautions us to submerge and overcome our differences in the quest for common goals, to strive with all our combined strength, for the path to true African brotherhood and unity."

Posted on: March 10, 2007, 04:46:12 pm
His personal diplomacy again played a crucial factor in the peaceful settlement of many African crises. In no instant did he seek victory of prestige or personal triumph. He always acted out of conviction or out of humanity. The Emperor's achievement in the universal service of justice, freedom and peace has been recognized by many outstanding personalities at that time. One of them, the late U.N. Secretary General Dag Hammarskjoeld, said of the Sovereign before the world body as early as 1954: " Your Majesty stands in the perspective of the history of our time as a symbolic landmark, a prophetic figure on the path of man's struggle to achieve international peace and security through concerted international action." A fitting tribute to a man who has contributed immensely to international understanding, cooperation and brotherhood in a world often prone to blind hate, prejudice and violence. I hereby call upon all Rastafarians to unite as one, to organize and centralize ourselves, and to practice the teachings of H.I.M., for we know that if we call on Sellassie I 's name, and we don't act on his principles, we would be calling his name in vain. As the bible says, Faith without work is dead . I pray, Sing unto god, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him..... Princes shall come out of Egypt; Ethiopia shall soon stretch out her hands unto God. Psalms 68: 4/ 31

Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace. Psalms 37: 37.

I close on wishing everyone a Happy Birthday Ises and may the Most High Guide and protect as all, now and for Iver. One Perfect Love Ras David.

E-mail: natty@carib-link.net N.B All roads lead to Barbados from the 17th - 27th August, 1998, for the first International Rastafari Conference, Trade Fair and Cultural Expo. For more information contact, members of the Organization for Rastafari Inity ( O.R.I. ) Phone: 675-5647 E-mail: natty@carib-link.net Ras David

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 21 queries.