Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: RASTA SCHOOL  (Read 89109 times)

jesus

• Newbie User
Re: RASTA SCHOOL
« Reply #195 on: October 15, 2008, 10:25:19 PM »

I wondered if anyone can put me in touch with a Rasta teacher. I am in London,UK.

Blessings

Jesus

Quote from: Ras Matthew link=topic=4011. msg57385#msg57385 date=1173061272
Ah I see, dont worry about that, InI guess InI should go over Patois and common Rasta words :) dont worry about how the I talks, k?  The I will probably slowly drift into talkin like that too, once you get used to it heh :P dont worry about it.

Jah Bless, 1080

NY_Son_Of_Jah

• Learner
  • Normal User
« Reply #196 on: November 04, 2008, 06:53:39 AM »

Hello Idren i new here just wanted to say hello and i think this thread is great and (as a new rastafarian) would love to learn more about our great faith.    :) One Love
Much Respect.
One Love.

Redge

• Bless'ed love all Jah Children
  • Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #197 on: February 25, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »

first off id like to thank everyone for helping people out by taking there own
time to teach others more about the ways and history of rasta,

but my question is if i wanted to be truly faithful would i need to have dreadlocks
because ive heard lotsof mixed views, i am actually going to grow dreadlocks
but i dont know how they would start to twist into dreads without using wax
and i dont really want to use wax.
any ideas with getting dreads aswell?

Forever loving Jah
"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #198 on: February 25, 2009, 12:21:14 PM »

Dreads became the trod over the years, but they only ever were a representation of the inner disciple that determines a Rasta. Namely one of separation from the world and even that is only one stage of a Rasta's trod. Rasta don't deals so much with "Dreads" as Dread, the fearsome terror of the almighty, which is represented by just not cutting, combing, or washing the hair which terrifies society and causes ones alienation, This is dread. Dreadlocks is just a term created to describe what forms on a dread's head but as with everything babylon make their own definition and come pass it off over the foundation. The trueness of your faith will be determined by your following the guidance of the most high, ask him if he wants you to dread.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Redge

• Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #199 on: February 25, 2009, 02:11:46 PM »

thanks elijah :)

i actually have another question.

Bob Marley has an argument with herb and alcohol n that herb is the healing of the nation
which i believe is fully true it brings out an inner spiritual level in a person
but he also says alcohol is the destruction of the nation
which by facts kills 75000+ people a year but is this is own view or
do lots of Rastafarians believe this aswell?

I dont think ive ever met a rasta that drinks apart from myself but even now i dont drink anymore
so is it against RAS faith?

"a man with no past is a tree with no roots if you dont know where you came from where do you go?"

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »

His Majesty teaches to avoid alcohol. Avoidance provides for perhaps an occasion that you were invited by someone and it would offend them if you refused. Furthermore my opinion is that the declaration refers to strong drink (liquor) and that biblical injunctions against drunkenness are apt to regulate wine and beer intake.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

Redge

• Regular User
  • In jah we trust
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2009, 10:28:45 PM »

i see thanks elijah

jah bless
one love

lm123

• Regular User
« Reply #202 on: June 12, 2009, 09:23:49 AM »

redge you can wash your hair when your growing your locks the only things you dont do is cut and comb it everything else do the same

RastaFox

• Regular User
  • fighting is the best way to waste time and money
« Reply #203 on: September 28, 2009, 12:53:23 PM »

blessings unto all my bredren un sistren
i have learned more in the time to read this thread than all of my past research outside this thread

on question tho, I'm looking into getting a bible and recently have heard that the King James Bible is very popular amongst the faith but dos anyone have any personal suggestions or favorites?

Jah love
-Jon
a man of god is a man of infinite ability

love

« Reply #204 on: September 29, 2009, 01:36:58 AM »

greetings everyone! I have always found the rasta way so pure and so natural.  I currently have someone in my life who is a rasta and i have learned many things from him.  I have come to a point in m life that i have realized many things but am unsure how to put them in order.  i want to live more naturally and I want to feel that feeling that those feel when they know God is with them.  I am am of carribean decent  but am indian. . is it natural to lock my hair? it is very thick and curly. . i first want to cut it very low and start fresh.  I hope that you will be able to help me in this journey.  :)

magorr

• Newbie User
« Reply #205 on: December 05, 2009, 07:57:36 AM »

Hello,

My question is so simple, because I'm really newbie here.  Many times I'm feeling jealous and a huge pain in my body, when somebody be with my pair.  And I know this is bad, and I wanna find the best way to open my heart to leave my pain away.  Please don't miss the understand, I'm really looking for to clean my mind and make my world as positive as possible. 

Bless you all!

Daz

• Newbie User
  • So simple, so natural, Jah say to keep it clean...
    • Interfaith Vegan Alliance
« Reply #206 on: June 05, 2010, 08:41:39 PM »

Dear phoenixtears43, and God bless to all,

My name is Darren (Daz) and I'm from Leeds, and what I want to learn is something about Rasta and vegetarianism, and Rasta's outlooks on human animal relationships, and also ital foods and flavours etc.

To cut a long story short I'm holding a small group discussion based on the above issues as part of my uni course work, the group will be made up of various members of vegetarian based faiths such as Buddhist, Jainist, Krishna etc. , I understand that Rasta is equally vegetarian maybe for varying reason which I hope I can learn from here!

However, I'm bit lost in recruiting a Rasta volunteer, so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would be truly grateful (drop me an email: dzamelt@hotmil. com).  Its taken plenty of googling to reach here, but seek and you shall find.

One Love - Daz

rasdogiel

• Newbie User
« Reply #207 on: September 25, 2010, 06:38:32 AM »

InI give thanks

1 love Idrens and sisthrens

Ruby

• Newbie User
« Reply #208 on: December 02, 2010, 04:44:01 PM »

My Brothers and Sisters, I feel, hope and long I am on the path of righteousness and with guidance I will see the light of Jah.  My education is in its early days but I am doing my best-arming miself and me man all that I can about Ras Tafari and the truth of Ethiopia.  I am looking at the world with new eyes, or perhaps just wider eyes.  Did I know the truth or some portion of it all along?  My head is swimming with questions.

I ask if any brothers or sisters would share some words on how Ras Tafari has shaped their being on this earth and how I and I bring ital livivty to them and family, also the issue of what to wear, I especially seek wisdom from sisters here. 

This would help both me man and I make some sense and bring love to the world in a wicked city in england , but also as I in last year of university, I am only months from finishing so I will finish it, but I have learnt seen so much wickedness in media-I decided to incorporate my research of Ras Tafari  in all my uni work.  Writing as much as I can as a culture and journalism student in uk.  So it would give me some guidance in my writing also. 

I ask Jah and I and I guidance and light

Bless
Ruby

pbtrn10k

• Newbie User
« Reply #209 on: December 05, 2010, 07:09:47 AM »

Hello everyone,

I try to follow in the path of Jah, let him guide me feel overstand the spirit of my Idren in my community but all around me I feel oppression so difficult to shake off so difficult to be ital and be pure feel good in my soul.  I try every day to live how I feel and know I should but it's so hard sometimes.  Some days I wake up and I feel Jah in me flowin out positive energy all around other days it cannot come.

I came here for guidance and learning, so that I can influence my Idren positively every day and reap positive rewards always follow the path.  My first post here so hello all Is.  Been readin here for some time lots of wisdom good advice.

Jah bles InI

Pete
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15

Page created in 0.094 seconds with 21 queries.