Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: RASTA SCHOOL  (Read 90306 times)

mirat

Re: RASTA SCHOOL
« Reply #90 on: April 10, 2007, 06:09:36 AM »

tanx!
Sistah Vee!
yea its not too long since we talk on chat...
may our mind and soul become on with H.I.M!

any one here...
what u gonna do this summer?
InI gotta go ti my uncle and plant some beans...etc.

respect!

RasLuke

• Full User
  • Praise JAH without apology =]
« Reply #91 on: April 12, 2007, 05:16:47 PM »

Greetings mirat,

InI have my final exams this summer, afterwards I may do some travel and visit the Gaelthacht to reclaim I Irish language :)

Bless
Tá athás an domhain orm nuair a chuala mé focáil an Prionsa ó Suaimhneas H.I.M Haile Selassie I. Níl aon éagla ar mo chroí mar mó chroí ar ngrá. Búiochas la Dhía.

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2007, 06:42:08 PM »

Jas.1
[1] James, a servant of God and of the Lord Jesus Christ, to the twelve tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.
[2] My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;
[3] Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience.
[4] But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
[5] If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
[6] But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
[7] For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
[8] A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
[9] Let the brother of low degree rejoice in that he is exalted:
[10] But the rich, in that he is made low: because as the flower of the grass he shall pass away.
[11] For the sun is no sooner risen with a burning heat, but it withereth the grass, and the flower thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his ways.
[12] Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him.
[13] Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
[14] But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
[15] Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
[16] Do not err, my beloved brethren.
[17] Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
[18] Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.
[19] Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:
[20] For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.
[21] Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
[22] But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
[23] For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
[24] For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
[25] But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
[26] If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.
[27] Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

mirat

« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2007, 03:36:30 AM »

"RasTafarIans live a peaceful life, needing little material possessions and devote much time to contemplating the scriptures; Proud and confident even though they are humble will stand up for their rights; had placed a high value on ganja, which is used for meditation and to reflect completely on the word of Jah, the all-knowing and all- loving God; Hair grown naturally into dreadlocks, in the image of the lion of Judah; Accepts reggae as an avenue of self-expression. With it came some undesirable elements, but all true Rastas signify peace, pride and righteousness.... RASTA MAN LIVE UP!!!

live up!!
hope this thread goes on....

Nicro

• Realign your circutry to revolt against the confines of society
  • Senior User
  • And for this their belief God will Reward them
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2007, 04:01:42 AM »

Ha ha where did the I find that quote??
Posted on: April 20, 2007, 09:50:06 pm
It reminds me of a song called "Simple Life" by a local band called Mystic Vision...here are the verses:

"See the life of a Rastaman yea so simple!! Dreadlocks flow from his heatop like branches on trees on mountain topJah Know, living simply with the herbal remedie herbal teas early Jah know when Jah sun rises, Rastafari Selassie I!!!

"Blaze up a spliff read up a psalm, with the love of Jah Jah I stay strong...

mirat

« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2007, 09:08:38 AM »

nice bredda...

InI have work it...
its my pasttime written some poems and quotes!

ye!
blaze up e' fiyah and hear di call of JAH!

raspect!
bredda!

phoenixtears43

InI Second Lesson - Marcus Garvey
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2007, 06:59:57 PM »

Iman figured it was time for a new lesson in the Rasta School!

Marcus Garvey

Marcus Garvey was born in St. Anns Bay, Jamaica, in August of 1887.  His father, Marcus Mosiah Garvey Sr. was a mason.  His mother, Sarah Richards was a farmer.  Marcus had 10 siblings, him being the youngest.

Marcus Garvey porposed the Idea of the  "Back to Africa" movement.  "Africa for the Africans".  His idea was to encourage people of African decent to return to Africa.  Garvey encouraged Blacks to start their own businesses and organizations, to be Self Relient, to cut oppression out of their lives.  He wanted to achieve Black Liberation.  Many of his teachings spawned the basis of Rastafari.  Liberation from Babylon, cut babylon out, look to Africa! ZION! 

Most Rasta consider Garvey a prophet.  Some see him as reincarnation or return of John the Baptist.  Garvey is important to Rastafari because he spoke of the crowning of the King of Kings in africa.  "Look to Africa, there a king will be crowned"  (something like that, seen)  That king could only have been His Imperial Majesty Haile Selassie I, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah, King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion.

Garvey was a great man who fought for the rise of the African race.  Without the teachings and ideas of Marcus Garvey, Rastafari may not have originated when it did.  InI am sure that it would have come about in some what, but this is the way Jah intended it to, this is how it happened.  I recommend all the Is here read up on Marcus Garvey (InI dont know too much about him, but InI will try to answer the Is questions best I can.)  untill next lesson,

One God! One Aim! One Destiny!
Jah Bless

Nicro

• Realign your circutry to revolt against the confines of society
  • Senior User
  • And for this their belief God will Reward them
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2007, 11:03:30 PM »

I believe it was " look to the east where a king will be crowned, he shall be your redeemer" but Iman not completely sure.

phoenixtears43

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2007, 11:30:53 PM »

thanks bredda, couldnt remember the exact quote :D 

Jah bless

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2007, 05:24:38 PM »

Greetings

A nice article

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/articles/The_Re-evolution_of_Rastafari.html

The Re-evolution of Rastafari
January 20, 2003
By Ras Tyehimba Salandy

"Throughout history it has been the inaction of those who could have acted, the indifference of those who should have known better and the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered the most, that has made it possible for evil to triumph"

- Haile Selassie

Rastafari has firmly established itself as a fierce opponent of colonialism by seeking to overturn the vicious legacy left by the European colonialists. Colonialism has had a grave impact on the psyche of today's generation; it is a legacy of brutality, discrimination, corruption and a relentless pursuit of material possessions. Rastafari has sought to overcome this legacy by standing for and upholding the principles of Maat, which is truth, justice, righteousness and balance.

Rastafari stands for universal love, a higher spiritual ideal that is not usually emphasized in the mainstream of Western society. To be a Rastafarian is to be a righteous person, continuously seeking to improve SELF. This process of self discovery is further clarified by the words of a St Lucian Rastafarian who said "The word Rastafari as I understand it means purely, the power that lies within any man which enables him to do anything he wants…. To be a Rastafarian therefore is to be conscious of that divine power, and to be developing one's power potential for achievement... Rastafari becomes therefore a philosophy of life fulfillment".

Rastafari does not seek to conform to the norms of this society, which are steeped in racism, sexism, neo colonialism and injustice. The norm of this society is the relentless pursuit of carnal gratification and one doesn't have to look hard to see where all this alcohol, sacredless sex, and materialistic living is taking us. It is taking our people down a wide road of great karmic consequences. Salvation cannot be found in worldly material possessions, but rather by experiences of divine proportions.

There is a misconception that Rastafarians are against technology and material things. Nothing could be further from the truth and this attempt to misconstrue what Rastafari is about is often as deliberate as it is damaging. What Rastas are against is the misuse of technology and the overemphasis on material possessions, which in fact has caused great decadence of modern society. World powers use their economic and technological advancement to oppress and hold so called third world countries to ransom. With superior military forces they impose themselves on weaker countries and force them to agree or else...

Haile Selassie embodied the stance of Rastafari on the question of material advancement when he declared, "it is important that spiritual advancement keep pace with material advancement." That is to say there must be balance. The higher self must be satisfied just as your lower self must be satisfied, but it is imperative that the higher self control the lower self, as emotions, passions and feelings are good servants but poor masters. In fact, with regards to technology our ancient ancestors (ancient Rastafarians) in Alkebulan (Afrika) were the pioneers of technology, achieving a level of high science that has mystified scientists even in these modern times. These ancient people, like the people of Kemet and Dogon were able to achieve this by adhering to natural law and meditating in order to tap into the source of all consciousness, the infinite plane of all possibilities, Negus Negast*, Neter Neteru*.

Rastafari is about reviving that ancient order, putting spirituality and meaning into one's every thought, word and deed. Every thought, word and deed therefore must reflect reverence, love, and compassion, which is the essence of the Most High, Rastafari. In fact, the only thing that can exist between souls in love (God), all else is an illusion, which is not to say that they don't exist but that they aren't as our worldly senses perceive them to be.
Posted on: April 29, 2007, 04:35:55 pm

CONTINUED

No One Remembers Old Marcus Garvey...

"A people without knowledge of their past is like a tree without roots"

- Marcus Garvey

The Honorable Marcus Mosiah Garvey(1187-1940) is undoubtedly one of the most revolutionary personalities that fought for the rights and upliftment of Afrikan people, at a time in history when Afrikan people all over the world were being severely colonized, brainwashed, oppressed and subjugated. Garvey observed that one of the greatest stumbling blocks was helping his people overcome the emotional trauma and the inferiority complexes, which became so pervasive from the advent of colonialism. Marcus Garvey propagated philosophies of nation hood, self reliance and self pride, instilling hope and a sense of being into a people who had been demoralized, brutalized and dehumanized by centuries of slavery and colonialism.

Rastafarians place heavy emphasis on the teaching of Garvey because he embodied that hope of a brighter future, free from the mental and physical shackles that bound us for centuries. Garvey revived and strengthened that connection to the Mother land Alkebu lan by advocating repatriation (both mental and physical) as the solution to the grave injustices that the Afrikan Diaspora was enduring and are still enduring. Garvey proclaimed boldly " Afrika for Afrikans, those at home and those abroad", seeking to deliver Afrika from the colonial yoke that held it in bondage. Garvey sacrificed and livicated his entire life to the upliftment and development of Afrikan people and thus, ultimately all people. Garvey understood the fundamental importance of black enterprise in developing a people and he worked hard to start businesses all over the world to show that it could be done.

Garvey is inextricably linked to the Rastafari Movement, as the struggle that Garvey went through, fighting against oppression and injustice, is the same struggle that the Rastafarians and indeed all Afrikans face. It is the struggle against the mainly white power structure that continues to uphold this system whereby racism, classism, sexism, poverty and exploitation is the order of the day. Marcus Garvey was a champion of the poor oppressed people across the world, a true Pan African Leader. He stood for and fought for truth and justice and because of this he was a threat to the system. A threat that needed to be stopped. Like many of our ancestors and great heroes the contribution of Garvey has largely been forgotten, except to those who forever will fly the flag of red, green and black in their hearts. We as Rastafarians, as Afrikans, as human beings must not desecrate the memory of Garvey, but rather seek to continue and spread the message of equal rights and justice for all. ONE GOD, ONE AIM, ONE DESTINY Forever.

Rastafari and Race

There are Rastafarian people of all colors, backgrounds and races. Although the Rastafarian Movement is rooted in its Afrikanness , Rastafarianism is not a racist doctrine, it is not promulgating reverse racism. The essence of Rastafari is love, love for all forms of life (creation), which comes in a diverse array of colors, shapes, textures and vibrations. The struggle against racism is linked to the struggle against sexism, it is linked to struggle against colonialism. The struggle of the Rastafari Movement is one against fear, it is one against all forms of imperialistic exploitation and manipulative oppression. The struggle of the Rastafarians is linked to the struggle of the Palestinians; it is linked to the native Americans, to the Aborigines in Australia.

It is the common struggle against oppression and exploitation that links us together as brothers and sisters. It is this sense of revolutionary brotherhood that enabled Fidel Castro to contribute Cuban resources in aid of the Afrikan liberation in the 2nd half of the 20th century. It is this revolutionary brotherhood that enabled Vietnam Leader Ho Chi Minh to sympathize with Garvey and to attend some of his meetings in the USA. It is this revolutionary spirit that has bonded together Rastafarians from diverse races and backgrounds and made Rastafari a powerful catalyst for positive change throughout the world. Rastafari has demonstrated unique abilities in being able to transcend the barriers of race, class, religion, sex and creed.

Even though Rastafari seeks to transcend race, and racial discrimination is not a feature of Rastafari, one must face the reality of this modern world and understand the dynamics of race. This world system is one of gross race and class discrimination where the mainly white power structure controls most of the world's resources, wreaking havoc on everyone who stands in their way. Their policies are aimed at upholding their system, and imposing whatever whims they may have on the so called 'third world countries who are largely non-white.

Posted on: April 29, 2007, 04:36:36 pm

None but ourselves can free our minds
By Ras Tyehimba Salandy

One pen, one word, one poem,
one person, one prayer, one deed
Is all I need
To sow the seed
Of anti- greed

Kneading the dough of spirituality
I glimpsed the glow of eternity
Go within or go without
Was the elders shout

Behold the power of the holy trinity
Divine, everlasting life entity
Atoms of bursting blinding energy
Cosmic forces in harmony

...humility

gushing Garvey and Selassie

Extracting the power of I and I... and I
Ras Tafari

Even the most low
Felt the glow
Of the most high
Fools cry as ignorance dies

The eagle and the bear who fear, deny
Spinning instead a web of unquenchable lies
But on Jah's solid rock I stand
While the ground around, a pit of treacherous quicksand

On the holy mountain I re affirmed myself unto Jah
The earth is the lord's and the fullness thereafter

In the dark earth, the birds, the beautiful trees
I felt the power
Heard nature's joyful laughter
In the simple complexity of nature, I found solace
Purifying and nourishing
My hungry soul
The sun arced across the sky
And sunk in a fiery crimson pit

Gone

But soon the moon began to sing its own song
Illuminating the darkness
Spiritual bliss filled my emptiness
I kiss Isis and Osiris
Jah love my happiness
Jah pretty face I embrace

Encased in perfect love and understanding
I self lifted, I started to sing.

Conquering Lion of Judah

Posted on: April 29, 2007, 04:41:15 pm
It's Time For A World Rastafarian Reformation
December 16, 2001
By: Paul Barton

AS RASTAFARI SPREADS WORLDWIDE WE MUST WORK TO IMPROVE, REFORM AND MOVE TO A HIGHER LEVEL

Rastafari may have its origins in the Ethiopian Jewish Traditions, which has their origins in the ancient religions of Nubia-Kush and Khemet (Egypt). If we understand that the land of Ethioipa mentioned in the Bible was in fact Sudan, a land now occupied by Arabs, where Blacks are being treated worse than animals, we will also search and understand that the system of African Kingship of Which the Ethiopian Monarchy was part of, came from Nubia (Ta-Seti) before it was carried on to Egypt and then copied by the Jews, who during the 900's B.C., elected their first king.

RETURNING TO THE ROOTS OF Rastafari

In order to understand the very ancient roots of Rastafari, one has to look at two main groups of Africans whose origins come from ANCIENT EGYPT. One group is the Massai of East Africa who some say are remnants of the "Matoi" or warrior class of ancient Egypt and Nubia-Kush. Rastafari or a similar system of beliefs (without the Abbysinian aspect (modern Ethiopia) also come from the Priestly traditions of ancient Egypt and Nubia-Kush. When we speak of Nyabingi, we are referring to these two aspects of the African warrior/priest tradition. That is the tradition that the Ethiopian warrior/priest societies as well as the ancient Black Jews followed. Rastafari introduced in Jamaica included other elements, such as the recognition of Emperor Haile Salessi's importance in that religion. Yet, we must see Rastafari before Selessi in order to understand it fully.

WHY A REFORMATION IS NEEDED IN Rastafari

Rastafarians and Black people as well as others who believe in Rastafari must work to return the idea of spiritual and social development into the Rastafarian faith. If we return to the origins of Rastafari as extentions of the ancient Egyptian and Nubian traditions of the trained priest and warrior, we would work to bring about a new attitude among Rastafarians, that has always been in the movement, but has been restricted in many cases to music.

RASTARARIANS AND THE ANCIENT TRADITION OF SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY AND EDUCATION

One of the greatest aspects of African civilization has been education. The Rastafarian and Coptic as well as the Beta Isreal Jews of Ethiopia have and still have as part of their culture the highest regard for education, science, technoology and religion. To the ancients, these were manifestations of the greatness of God and not separable as in European Christianity. Hence, like he Sikhs of India, Rastafarians should introduce the education mentality. It should be ingrained in Rastafarians as well as Blacks worldwide. The Rastafarians, Black Jews, Coptics, Niyabingi Warriors and even the ancient Workers Guild System of West Africa placed a high priority on education and the gaining of knowledge. ONE OF THE ASPECTS OF RASTAFARIAN REFORMATION SHOULD BE TO DOMINATE AND ACHIEVE AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS OF EDUCATION.

ECONOMICS, AGRICULTURE AND SCIENCE ARE PART OF RASTAFARIANS' ANCIENT HISTORY AND CULTURE

There should also be a move to develop strong economies among the world Rastafarian community in the fields of agriculture, science and the arts/literature. This is already taking place and more should occur (see "Black Education," http://community.webtv.net/paulnubiaempire. Not only should Rastafarians be artists, musicians and entertainers but there should be a move to prepare and encourage Rastafarians to enter into the sciences, technologies agriculture, commerce and other areas of advancement, just as India's Sikhs, Nigerias Yorubas (who are also African Spiritualists) and some of the the worlds most effective businessmen and women.

THE DEVELOPMENT OF Rastafari SPIRITUALISM AND MYSTICISM

The Rastafarian community worldwide should also develop the deeply spiritual and mystic aspects of Rastafari. These aspects include meditation and developing the power of the mind beyond anything understandable today. One important part of African religion is the fact that there is a belief that we are in FACT PEOPLE OF GOD AND CONTAIN THE POWERS OF THE GODHEAD WITHIN US.

MAKING CONTRIBUTIONS TO OUR SOCIETIES

Rastafarians must be very strong and dedicated to the improvement of the lives of people whether they are Rastafarians or not. As mentioned before, the push to achieve to succeed and to become professional who can make a difference (as many Indian Sikhs and Nigerian Spiritualists are doing ), will help to improve the image of Rastafarians on a worldwide scale. Such a move will also change the negative mentalities of many who will quickly accept WESTERN RELIGIONS THAT CLASSIFY BLACKS AS BEING LESS OR BEING "CURSED" (IE THE "CURSE OF HAM" MYTH), or religions that insult or place Blacks in a Caste-racist situation, or classify Blacks as "infidels" and commit genocide against them. Yet, they will sneer and turn their noses at the Spiritualist African religions that contributed to our survival or look down their noses at Rastafarians. We may not care what others think, but we should still work to improve our lives and contribute to this earth.

THE PROPER USE AND ACCUMULATION OF WEALTH BY RASTAFARIANS

One of the greatest problems we Blacks face worldwide is the FALSE BELIEF THAT GOD WANTS BLACK PEOPLE TO BE POOR, because we will be rich and better off in heaven. Well, we should not continue believing in this myth. If that was the case, the Isrealites, the Jews, the various religions on the planet would not work to improve their economic conditions. The only way Jews, Catholics, Protestants an other religions can help the poor and help improve the society is if and when they work to build their own wealth and economy.

RASTAFARIANS SHOULD BELIEVE IN THE CREATION OF WEALTH TO HELP MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS AND HELP THOSE WHO ARE POOR.

In retrospect, religion is the mirror to the soul. We must never discard religions that our ancestors introduced from Africa or we reintroduced in the world. We should work to reform and improve what needs to be improved and build our faith and belief to a strong level that helps us gain true salvation and a good life while we are living on this earth. The improvement of Black religions is very important to our improvement as a race and people (see the great work, "Susu and Susunomics: The Theory and Practice of Pan-African Trade, Commerce, Money and Wealth," published by IUniverse, Inc., 910 East Hamilton Avenue;Suite 100, Campbell, California, 95008 U.S.A www.iuniverse.com This is a very important blueprint for economic development. Every household, every government economic and cultural ministry should have a copy and examine the economic ideas. This book has helped to bring about change in a numnber of communities including being read by members of the Black Dalit community of India and various Black community leaders, individuals and economists in the U.S., Africa, Europe, the Caribbean and elsewhere communities.

See also the great works, "Susu Economics: The History of Pan-African Trade, Commerce, Money and Wealth," pub. by 1stBooks Library, 2959 Vernal Pike, Bloomington, Indiana 47404 U.S.A phone: 1(812) 339-8640 email; 1stbooks@1stbooks.com site; www.1stbooks.com A preview of this and other works at www.barnesandnoble.com

A most important work, "A History of the African-Olmecs: Black Civilizations of America from Prehistoric Times to the Present Era," pub. by www.1stbooks.com The most hidden aspect of Black history is the fact that great Black civilizations existed in the Americas before Columbus and there was a worldwide network of trade and commerce between the Old World and New World for thousands of years.

Paul Barton
Nubianem3@webtv.net
http://community.webtv.net/paulnubiaempire
www.westpapua.net (The racial genocide against Blacks in West Papua and Melanesia).

Posted on: April 29, 2007, 04:42:46 pm

HERE IS THE LINK TO MOST OF THE ABOVE POST

http://www.rastafarispeaks.com/rastafari/

PLEASE CHECK OUT ALL OF THEM

JAH BLESS
Posted on: April 29, 2007, 04:43:52 pm
CONTINUED

Haile Selassie I

Look to the East for the crowning of a Black King, he is the redeemer for the days of deliverance are near

- Marcus Garvey

A house built on granite and strong foundations, not even the onslaught of pouring rain, gushing torrents and strong winds will be able to pull down. Some people have written the story of my life representing as truth what in fact derives from ignorance, error or envy; but they cannot shake the truth from its place, even if they attempt to make others believe it.

Haile Selassie I

Ras Tafari known later as Haile Selassie, was born on July 23rd 1892 in Harrar, Ethiopia. For years before his birth chaplains and astrologers had been prophesying his birth. Pluto and Neptune had started moving slowly towards each other in 1399 along the heliocentric line taking 493 years to intersect. They intersected the same time Lij Tafari was born, July 23rd 1892. This was also the first day of the zodiac sign, Leo, an event that would later help to prove his title given at his coronation; The Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah.

It is not my intention to delve deeply into the details of the King's life as other writers had done this adequately. Rather I will deal briefly with a few areas relating directly to the connection between H.I.M Haile Selassie and Rastafari.

All Rastafarians place emphasis on the divinity of Haile Selassie, but what exactly is the nature of this divinity is often hotly debated. Nonetheless, Emperor Haile Selassie I remains one of the greatest symbols of the Rastafari Movement, traveling around the world spreading the message of PEACE, LOVE, UNITY AND AFRIKAN LIBERATION.

When Selassie was coronated in 1930, Ethiopia was the only independent black nation (except Haiti), with everywhere else under the brutal yoke of colonialism. By 1974, a lot of Afrikan countries had gained independence with his Majesty at the forefront of the Pan Africanist liberation movement. The Emperor's life was a powerful testimony of the strength and power of the most High, manifested in flesh. King Haile Selassie is the central figure in the history of modern Ethiopia, for his noble statesmanship, brilliant vision, dauntless courage, enlightened social, educational and political reforms gave him an eminent place in world history and indeed in the hearts of Rastafarians.

With the advent of advanced technology and the popularity of reggae music, people all over the world have knowledge of the King, but often this is of very superficial proportions. The names and titles of his Majesty are of some significance but the essence of Haile Selassie is what he stood for, and the works that he has accomplished, that were in accordance with his divine nature.. People often get so carried away by the titles of his Majesty that they forget what he stood for. Haile Selassie stood for education and higher development. So if one says one is a Rastafarian it must be that one stands for these principles so clearly emphasized by HIM.

The Emperor was very interested in the education of his people from the very beginning. He converted his Royal Palace into a university; know today as the Haile Selassie University. Many educational institutions, commercial technical and agricultural development in the country owe their origin to the initiative and foresight of the emperor.

The focus on Haile Selassie by the Rastafarian Movement is especially important in helping dispel the damaging effects that Michelangelo's uncle also know as the white Jesus Christ has had on the Afrikan people. This myth of the white, blonde, blue-eyed Christ, imposed on people all over the world has had a most damaging effect on the psyche of non-white people and has been just another piece of the white supremacist jigsaw puzzle. Now, it is important to understand the issue of the color of Yahweh Kristos (Jesus the Christ) would usually not have been an issue, had not it been used to further the doctrines of white supremacy and perpetuate the colonial exploitation, not only of Afrika but other regions as well.

All the saviors who have walked this earth have been revolutionaries whose main purpose was to show people how to live life in accordance with the Most High. All people have this divine essence within them and they all have the power to unleash the their true self and become "anointed ones". The whole purpose of this existence and what must be really emphasized as the ultimate mission of Rastafari is to become one with Jah (become God conscious). The message and life of mystics and saviors has been to highlight this divine path towards GOD CONSCIOUSNESS. Christ himself said, "KNOW YE NOT THAT YE ARE GODS" This is the path of authentic Rastafarians. Rastafarians in this time must continue to strive to embody PEACE, WISDOM, FREEDOM, JUSTICE, LOVE AND UNITY, rooted deeply into the rich ancient soil of Alkebulan.

Blessed Love
Hail Ras Tafari
Hotep

References

Black Youth, Rastafarianism and the Identity Crisis in Britain by Len Garrison
Egyptian Yoga, Philosophy of Enlightenment by Muata Asby

surfmon_I

« Reply #100 on: April 30, 2007, 02:41:20 AM »

Blessings Rastafari,
RasChucky, A Humble and Wise Soul, Many Thanks for the depth and Body of Such Blessedly LoveFull Teachings.  The length and contents are to be combed over again and again for one to fully wick in the truth of way the I has taken the time to show us.
Heart of Wisdom,
Blessed Guidance,
ForIver Loving Jah.
~S~

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #101 on: April 30, 2007, 11:50:04 AM »

Blessed Heart of Love and Devotion

Thanks for finding the time Ras Chucky.  Rasta School has flourished under the I's skillful guidance.

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

Ras Peter

« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2007, 11:51:50 PM »

Greetings in the Name of the Most High

It has been awesome reading through the posts here in this section Rasta School.   It has been a while since Iman did some sitting down and studying, but this little school has been great.   Enough Raspect to the Is responsible for this venture.

Jah Love, One Love

Ras Pete

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2007, 01:20:24 PM »

Niceness!
Give thanks Ites!
Blessings and Love
Nyah
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

phoenixtears43

« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »

Yes Ras Chucky, thanks to the I for all the wonderful posts and teachings here in the Rasta School.  Jah bless :)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 21 queries.