Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Garvey's Blasphemy  (Read 9266 times)

rasta-in-babylon

• Full User
  • Rasta man live up
Garvey's Blasphemy
« on: March 05, 2007, 04:13:21 AM »

I recall once reading Marcus Garvey's article where he harshly criticized the King calling H.I.M. a coward and saying the because of his flight from Ethiopia "Every Negro Shamed" What do you Idren think of this?

RAS_CHUCKY11

Re: Garvey's Blasphemy
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 04:18:16 AM »

Greetings

Just like John the Baptist who prophesied about yesua then after a while started to doubt him due to things he was expecting..I and I see Marcus as the same,.....Just lost his way in the end... his prophecy came true and he didnt even realize..he didnt look at the fact that its the attack on the KING that caused world war II ....he didnt realize that the speech "UNTIL the philosophy" broke the chain..He didnt realize alot of things as he stopped focusing..But I an I still have full respect for him as I an I understand what happened to him

Bless

Ash-Tree

• Veteran User
  • E.M.HTP
    • Ayahuasca Art
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 01:12:59 PM »

John was the teacher jesus was the student.
Without marcus garvey would there really be Rasta?

Ash-Tree
www.Amazonian-art.com Ayahuasca Shamanic Dream art for sale. Paint your Dream or Vision Custom for you, Original Art

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 12:35:56 AM »

John was the teacher jesus was the student.
Without marcus garvey would there really be Rasta?

Ash-Tree

Greetings

YES....But it was destiny for their to be a marcus garvey....the cornation of the KING along with the many crowns and titles and prophecy befor marcus plus the spirituality of the king would have still overcame us

Bless

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 09:38:21 PM »

E.M.HTP!!

I feel MArcus was right! This is why alot of Garveities are still doing more for the Pan-Africa movement than any rasta group I know of!

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 10:29:03 PM »

Greetings

well everyone is entitles to their own opinions....you "THINK" he is right but I "KNOW" he was wrong

I an I can also see that you werent choosen for this trod by your reasonings... dont take offence as this was not made to offend

Bless
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 10:31:45 PM by RAS CHUCKY »

TREE-NATTY

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 09:37:12 PM »

Greetings

well everyone is entitles to their own opinions....you "THINK" he is right but I "KNOW" he was wrong

I an I can also see that you werent choosen for this trod by your reasonings... dont take offence as this was not made to offend

Bless

E.M.HTP!!!

Wow Marcus was wrong? Marcus Garvey was and is the last TRUE Pan-African that existed to date!!! Marcus only thought of Africa for africans, and when he witness Africans not doing good or nothing for Africa & Africans he should be the only opinion that should be heard! Pan-Africa movement is were all FORMER rastas went to for the fight of African rights in the west. Why did they leave Selassie? I see if there were a few, but after that time Rasta was only centered in Jamaica while the rest of the Carib and Americas were focused on Marcus.

HRU
I DON'T COME TO BOW I COME TO CONQUER!!

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 10:01:18 PM »

Marcus "wrong?"
Please...

Who "Created" this what, you and everyone here follow ? What Malcolm X followed ? What Martin Luther King followed ? Them learnt from his words. Who said the words that ignited an "African KING OF KINGS ?" Who told the first, who saught redemption, to look to AFRICA, "Where A Black King would be crowned ?" Who opened their eyes to this ? Then, if Marcus himself had "something", as many would call it, "negative" to say about H.I.M. you need to ask yourself "why?" He is the ONE who ignited this "movement." Without him, where would Rasta be ? This movement could not exist without him.

Could it be that he knew that some would miss the real point of all this, as most do now ? Could it be that he said what he said because he knew it ?

"Garvey's Blasphemy" - the "heading" of this post is the Real Blasphemy.

Many shall be called but only, a few chosen.

prophet7
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:09:23 PM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2007, 10:19:51 PM »

Greetings

I an I wasnt tryign to start an arguement so if any of you are offend I man apologize.... just as you said..many are called but few are choosen...so some turning back doest prove anything.... The I them have to overstand why Marcus turned his back...it was because of the attack on Ethiopia and the Exile of H.I.M ... now if the I them overstand the full concept of the attack,the exile,world war II and the events after H.I.M returned..then the I them would have overstand why I man said he was wrong when he turned his back on the king

Bless
Posted on: March 07, 2007, 09:18:16 pm

I an I always thought both of the I them were Rases  ???

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2007, 10:24:05 PM »

Could say much more to this but, I was just "dealing" with the "Marcus wrong" thing. And that has been solved. So, no need fi go further.

prophet7

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2007, 10:36:05 PM »

I an I was mentioning that he was wrong when he critisized the King.... MARCUS loosed almost all of his followers after he made that statement as they were saying he prophecied about the king then now he's against the King (just like John the Baptist)..then that means he's not a prophet...Thats what they were saying .... I an I not going to go back and forth with this as I dont see a reason to argue about something I know...I nuh deal wid hear say,read say,feel say and think say as that just lead to assume say...I an I know say and dont need to prove say

Bless
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 10:39:21 PM by RAS CHUCKY »

rasta-in-babylon

• Full User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 04:10:11 AM »

Marcus "wrong?"
Please...

Who "Created" this what, you and everyone here follow ? What Malcolm X followed ? What Martin Luther King followed ? Them learnt from his words. Who said the words that ignited an "African KING OF KINGS ?" Who told the first, who saught redemption, to look to AFRICA, "Where A Black King would be crowned ?" Who opened their eyes to this ? Then, if Marcus himself had "something", as many would call it, "negative" to say about H.I.M. you need to ask yourself "why?" He is the ONE who ignited this "movement." Without him, where would Rasta be ? This movement could not exist without him.

Could it be that he knew that some would miss the real point of all this, as most do now ? Could it be that he said what he said because he knew it ?

prophet7

InI apologize for any offense I have caused to you prophet but overstand, InI am searching for an answer. We, as Rastafarians, follow Selassie I, the King. Which means we accept his divinity. Now anyone who chooses to speak ill of that which is divine, especially of the Holy Trinity is committing blasphemy. And Garvey did speak ill of Selassie I. So how am I to accept these words? Are you saying you agree with Garvey that Selassie I the King was a coward who shamed all Negro people? If not, please explain to the I your reasoning upon the words of Garvey which InI have put forth. InI know of the good Garvey has spread over Rasta people but if you read the article you would agree with InI that it cannot be looked over it MUST be reasoned upon. As of now, InI agree with Ras Chucky but InI would like to hear your reasoning prophet

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 02:54:45 PM »

Marcus "wrong?"
Please...

prophet7

InI have to agree with the prophet on this one, the I's should research Ethiopianism, it will shed light on this reasoning. InI also agree with what the I had to say about Tupac Shakur. Tupac = Prophet .

Peace!
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2007, 07:41:03 PM »

I an I was mentioning that he was wrong when he critisized the King.... MARCUS loosed almost all of his followers after he made that statement as they were saying he prophecied about the king then now he's against the King (just like John the Baptist)..then that means he's not a prophet...Thats what they were saying .... I an I not going to go back and forth with this as I dont see a reason to argue about something I know...I nuh deal wid hear say,read say,feel say and think say as that just lead to assume say...I an I know say and dont need to prove say

Bless

RAS CHUCKY

First of all, Marcus never lost "almost all of his followers after he made that statement" for his message spread on. Malcolm X (even his earthly Father), Martin Luther King, many African freedom fighters too, will even tell you where them learned/where them teachings, that they spread, originated from. Marcus had more followers than he "lost" (if he really did lose any at all).
Many Rasta musicians still mention him nowadays and before. A tree can not exist without its roots. Besides, where did John the Baptist go against what he preached in the start ? I am just asking this question cause you mentioned him - not that John interest I at all.

So if one criticize something that one sees as "not-fitting" then automatically one is not a prophet no more ? Who made that "rule?" Who seh so ? Did Selassie say anything about it ? Did he answer to it ? Why not ? I am sure HIM got word of what Marcus said. Further more, where is the "argument" here as you put it - are we not here to reason bout things like this ? This is not no "hear say" as you put it again for these things did happen i.e., HIM went into exile and Marcus did say what him said. So me nah see no hear say here. This is based on facts.

Me nah care who nah see Marcus as "not being a prophet" for I can sight him for I self and for I he is more than that. He is the spark of Rasta and without that spark there would be no Rasta. He is the roots of this whole "way of life." Like I mentioned before - no roots no tree. Hope you overstand what I man saying.

prophet7
Posted on: March 09, 2007, 03:13:08 pm
InI apologize for any offense I have caused to you prophet but overstand, InI am searching for an answer. We, as Rastafarians, follow Selassie I, the King. Which means we accept his divinity. Now anyone who chooses to speak ill of that which is divine, especially of the Holy Trinity is committing blasphemy. And Garvey did speak ill of Selassie I. So how am I to accept these words? Are you saying you agree with Garvey that Selassie I the King was a coward who shamed all Negro people? If not, please explain to the I your reasoning upon the words of Garvey which InI have put forth. InI know of the good Garvey has spread over Rasta people but if you read the article you would agree with InI that it cannot be looked over it MUST be reasoned upon. As of now, InI agree with Ras Chucky but InI would like to hear your reasoning prophet

You have caused I no offense Idren - I am just posting how I sight it. We are all entitled to our opinions and are all here to learn from another. Just because I answered to your post does not mean I am offended by it. It only mean that I nah agree with some things that were mentioned. So lets reason about this whole subject - that is why were are here.

When was this concept of "a Holy Trinity" created/formed ? You can do research on it even here on the net and come up with the truth. The answer is - long after Yeshua existed (if he did exist in the way the Ible say). Now I am not saying that there was no Messiah but, according to the way the Ible puts it....But, that is another subject and I do not want to get into that now for it is not the reasoning of this thread. Just giving you a point to begin with.

You have to check the time in which Garvey lived in, check out what situation black people were in at that time, check out what Garvey went through, check out the whole thing before you can say anything about it. Those times were not now Idren. Those times were not easy, still not is now, but the burdens were much more heavier. Marcus had every right to say what he did. Why HIM nah say something about it ? Like I mentioend before "I am Sure HIM got word of it." Who feels it knows it.

So if HIM had nothing to say about it, why everyone else do ? Why every one feel it neccessary to defend HIM and put Garvey in a "bad picture?" Take HIM example on this if you follow HIM.

prophet7
Posted on: March 09, 2007, 03:36:15 pm
One more thing I want all on this thread....If HIM "King of this World" was it then neccessary to "run away" and come back to fight another day ? Yeshua did it too. Me nah overstand why someone who "created I and I," someone who made the world and all in it, someone who is a very great part of creation, have fe run away from the devil. Does that make sense ? If the world is your "footstool," then what you run away from ? Who can then force you to go into exile ? If you are in control. These are things I think Garvey contemplated on and, just like I, see no reason for.

I can see why Yeshua gave up his life or ran sometimes. It was prophecy. But if you believe in the Ible, well,  the King of Kings is not gonna come fe run into exile (maybe his MOM would - another negativitiy the Ible mention, and again the "blame" on we-men (women) but...) - HIM come to conquer. Marcus probably asked himself this question too. Maybe not in the way I do but, I am not him. Again, I just hope you oeverstand and think about these things before you tend to fight I down. I know many nah like fe hear this but, according to I, them nah like the truth when it face them. My truth ? Maybe. Whose truth them follow ?

prophet7 

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2007, 09:10:03 PM »

So the I saying he didnt loose followers?...maybe not all but alot....I an I see that the I them think I man is against Marcus...quite the opposite..I an I enforce marcus's speeches and defend him....what we are discussing is this one speech..not the others... there's other things I an i can discuss like the fact that he wasnt the first one to say "look to Africa where a black King shall be crowned"  ..I'm sure you all know this and know who first prophecied this..I an I dont overstand why some people expect the KING to tell the world that he is the KING..what would have happened if he did that?...would you believe?

I an I will just say 2 things

1.....the king of kings didnt come for judgement day...and his victory was World war II

2....Remember that the KING was in the front line on the battlefield even though his army wasnt equipt to handle Italy which shocked the world..remember the king standing on one of the bombs that fell at his feet

Posted on: March 09, 2007, 07:50:56 pm
Now how does coward come into this along with H.I.M as a king being on the battlefield while other kings/queens would just stay in their palace and one would have to get through everyone to get to them...what did one expect..judgement day? earthquake,lightning and thunder? majic tricks? .... yeshua came for crucifiction..not H.I.M
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 09:12:03 PM by RAS CHUCKY »
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 21 queries.