Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Garvey's Blasphemy  (Read 9265 times)

prophet777

• Senior User
Re: Garvey's Blasphemy
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2007, 10:33:49 PM »

Idren I would love to answer your questions immeadiately but, there are many wolves in sheep clothing that would destroy I reasoning right now. Give I time. I love the way you reason for you have no disraspect for I reasoning just like I have none for yours no matter what happen. We will discuss further in due time.

prophet7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

rasta-in-babylon

• Full User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 02:08:42 AM »

InI am glad you take no offence upon I words brother, InI saw this statement

"Garvey's Blasphemy" - the "heading" of this post is the Real Blasphemy.

prophet7
to mean perhaps I bredren mistook InI words as negative judgement.

As to your question over the fact that His Imperial Majesty did not react to Garvey's words, InI think there is a simple answer. Leaders will always be criticized because their decisions are broadcast all over the world and somewhere there is bound to be someone who does not approve. If every leader responded to every criticism made to him, he/she would never have time to actually lead the people. Even InI do not waste time responding to those who criticize the I in InI school for being a Rastafarian or something, InI know it is a waste of I time to cause mutual vexation of spirit, and disagreement, I am sure you also brother, do not respond to everyone who speaks ill of you.

Also InI am well aware of Garvey's situation and what he rose up from. You misoverstand InI if you think InI pass negative judgement upon him InI have the utmost respect for him which is why InI was so distressed by these writings. However, as Rastafarians we see Garvey as a prophet, someone who has clear visions of what is to be done. He made the prophecy of our redemption by an African king, but why did he then go and criticize the King? InI cannot forget words like because of Selassie "Every Negro shamed" when InI believe in my heart Every man was REDEEMED and give NEW HOPE from Selassie I

By the way Prophet777 is the I a Rastafarian or a solely a follower of Garvey?
InI have much respect for both groups but InI wish to be clear as to which group you belong brother
Peace and Blessings
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 02:12:37 AM by rasta-in-babylon »

RAS_CHUCKY11

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 03:10:57 AM »

Idren I would love to answer your questions immeadiately but, there are many wolves in sheep clothing that would destroy I reasoning right now. Give I time. I love the way you reason for you have no disraspect for I reasoning just like I have none for yours no matter what happen. We will discuss further in due time.

prophet7

Blessed Love Idren

As rases I an I have to know how to hadle I self as the I an I are doing here...I actually will be starting a thread addressings overstandings of different rases as I an I are all given different hidden manas/half thats never been told and through reasonings knowledge is shared and ther will be time when I an I have to agree to disagree and dont start attacking each other... I an I will share it later and the I will overstand what I an I saying..even though the I might already overstand

Blessed Love and Guidance

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 11:19:20 AM »

The fact the one does&says many great things does not mean that everything he does&says is absolute truth, true Marcus is the root of Rastafari Movement, if it wasn't for Garvey there was no Rastafari Movement, but that still doesn't mean that he was right on everything, for example in his article "Governing The Ideal State" he supports death penalty for a President that "decieves, grafts, bows to speciel privilege or interest, or in anyway undermines the sacred honor and trust imposed upon him by acts of favoritisim, injustice or friendly or self interests", a thing which InI am sure that many nah agree with.

Now even though Marcus was a great man and a prophet, that still nah mean that InI have with everything he said, so like InI nah agree on what he said on the death penalty subject InI nah agree with what he said upon HIM..

Jah Bless,
Ras Saadon.
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »

Why are we able to discuss such matter here? Because men such as Marcus Garvey stood up and spoke out. Whether considered prophet, visionary, saint or simply a man should we judge anybody by their errors or their achievements?

Whatever our opinions on Marcus' words and actions he helped in the struggle against oppression and none of our opinions can change that.
Even the longest journey starts with one step

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 03:46:13 PM »

Why are we able to discuss such matter here? Because men such as Marcus Garvey stood up and spoke out. Whether considered prophet, visionary, saint or simply a man should we judge anybody by their errors or their achievements?

Whatever our opinions on Marcus' words and actions he helped in the struggle against oppression and none of our opinions can change that.

TRUTH^^^^^^^^^^^
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

rasta-in-babylon

• Full User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2007, 03:54:21 PM »

Selah

Bless up Rasta Nick, the I has spoken wise words.

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2007, 04:00:59 AM »

Bless Up Family

Thought a few of Marcus' Words were necessary right about here in this Reasoning session..

Marcus - Find Yourself
Wednesday, October 26, 1927

All men have troubles of their own,

And burdens great to bear each day,

So keep your tales of woe, and frown

At all the ills that come your way:

You need not harbor sorry pain,

And make the world a living hell;

For there is naught in this to gain;

The wisdom of the age will tell.

The other fellow does not care

A bit, what ails and worries you;

In life he has to pay his fare

In living right as you should do:

He bears his burdens like a man,

And smiles with every wind;

There is a reason why he can

Thus master right his soul and mind.

To conscience go in quiet mood.

And find yourself each morn anew;

Feed thou upon the psychic food

That makes the gods in mortal hue:

This is the way that men are great-

All those who smile with Nature's laws-

So then, why brood and curse your fate?

Brace up and strike against your flaws!

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:22:26 am
Marcus - Fire In The Flint!

Oh yes, there's fire in the heart of man-

A beast is he when'er it pleases him:

He frowns upon the members of his clan,

And oft the lives of hosts and friends bedim.

A child of God as he was made to be,

He changes soul and character to boot;

And now he hates and kills with license free,

And smiles at all, to rob, to cheat and loot.

Not only does he plunder men for gain,

But prejudices practice 'gainst the weak,

He thus inflicts upon them awful pain,

And forces them to hope, in groanings meek.

The whites are great offenders 'gainst the Blacks;

They steal, they rape, they kill and punish hard

The sons of Ham, and whip them on their backs:

In hope alone they trust their gracious Lord.

To call it mortal sin, is mild rebuke:

It's man's most wicked way of treating man.

To gain the ends, his laws and ways impute

That men are different beings, and not one clan.

The centuries of life have left no secd

Of goodly change toward the the helpless weak;

With all the pleas and woes, man fails to heed;

But leaves the bending poor God's grace to seek.

A life for life, is not with men all true;

The strong corrupts, destroys and murders all;

And white men lynch the ones of darker hue,

Who have not rights nor laws on which to call.

And should you doubt the story I do tell,

I ask of you, investigate the facts:

Go South and see the men who live in bell-

Who get the kicks with burdens on their backs.

The mob will make the human skull a ball,

And trample on the fetus of the child:

Oh! this, of crime, is fun, yes, very small!

The "Crackers" think this sport but passing mild.

The fire in the heart of man is hell;

It's flint that burns throughout the night and day;

Yet with such creatures we must always dwell,

And groan, and weep, and die. but have no say.

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:24:04 am
Marcus - Found in You

God made each man with something great-

The thing is to be found in you;

Please search and find the stuff remote,

And pine no more on awful fate.

The genius of mind is there,

It's hidden, yes, for each to find;

Dive down, my man, and find yourself,

And in the good of life do share.

The Negro has an equal chance

To make a world to suit himself;

Go then and work your mental plan,

Your life and fortune to enhance.

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:25:07 am
Marcus - Function of Man

God placed man on earth as the lord of Creation. The elements - all nature are at his command - it is for him to harness them subdue them and use them.

Edison harnessed electricity. Today the world reflects the brilliancy of his grand illumination. Stephenson, through experiments, has given us the use of the steam engine, and today the railroad train flies across the country at a speed of sixty miles an hour.

Marconi conquered the currents of the air and today we have wireless telegraphy that flashes news across the continents with a rapidity never yet known to man. All this reveals to us that man is the supreme lord of creation, that in man lies the power of mastery, a mastery of self, a mastery of all things created, bowing only to the Almighty Architect in those things that are spiritual, in those things that are divine.
Marcus - George S. Schuyler Again

George S. Schuyler is a joke;

His brain must be like sausage pork,

Or he must be a "nutty" ass

To bray at those he cannot pass:

The man, if man he is, is crude;

His very looks is mighty rude,

lie feeds on what his masters say,

and acts like monkey all at play.

Ile writes his soppy stuff each week,

The stuff of Journalistic freak:

No one should worry over him,

But pass him with a good "boof, him,"

A Negro man he claims to be,

And that puts us up on a tree:

If he should look at his old face,

He'd see the libel of his race.

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:26:20 am
Marcus - Get Up And Go!

Please clear the way and let me pass,

If you intend to give up here:

It seems a shame that you should yield

Your life without its fullest share.

You are a coward for your pains,

To come this way, and then blow out:

Real men are made of stuff to last,

Which they, themselves, would never doubt.

Get up! You broken bits of flesh!

Take courage and go fighting on;

For every black man there's a day,

Which pride in race has well begun.

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:27:24 am
Marcus - Going Wrong

My God! the world is going wrong

Frail man has made a mess of things:

And now the Devil seems on top,

Confusing Presidents and Kings.

Oh come, good Lord, with grace divine,

And stem the tide of human sin,

For left alone we'll ruin make,

And close the gate to enter in.

There's hell on every hand today,

And man is raising cain all round:

There're curses, blasphemies, galore,

Stop them, 0 Lord, and check the bound.

The Devil smiles at his good work,

And men do dance with satisfaction:

But hell let loose is sin on sin:

Send Lord your benediction.

In solemn notes the Negro cries:

"We are getting hell on every side,"

Come, Lord, and clean the dens of men,

And make us with the good abide

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:29:05 am
And Finally for those who still don't get it...

Marcus - Last Farewell
Thursday, October 27, 1927

Good-bye, my friend, in death we part,

To meet in realms more glorious:

A void I feel deep in my heart,

For much there was of love in us:

To see you go is awful pain,

For thou hast been a world to me;

But we shall meet for good again,

To see the light that hallows thee.

This death is only transient;

It leads to brighter and new vales,

So wonderful, munificent,

As prophets tell in holy tales:

Go thou and wait for me a while,

And rest at God's fair borderland,

There with the angels you will smile,

In welcome to the saintly band.

Good-bye, my love, my truest friend;

All else in life for me to do

Was done ere I in grief attend

To say the last farewell to you:

The sod has covered you from view,

But memory dear shall finger still,

And I shall think in heart more true

Of all your good, and not of ill.

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:31:59 am
ON Thursday, 22nd Miyazya (= 30th April), after We had re-entered Our capital city, Addis Ababa, the ministers and nobles and all the great men assembled in Our palace, and an important council was held. At the council it was decided, on the basis of advice proffered, that it would be well for the Emperor to go to Europe and to inform the League of Nations, by his own voice, of all the violence Italy had perpetrated against us. Hence it was only necessary for Us to choose one of two courses of action and to take a decision.

The first was to cease fighting and to go to Geneva to alert the League of Nations, as had been resolved by the council; the second was to go on fighting with the few soldiers available in the city, irrespective of the death of the aged and of women and children or indeed of the burning of the capital.

While We were still pondering this difficult thought, the news that reached Us hourly was to the effect that the Italians were to set the city on fire with bombs, taking the Emperor's re-entry into Addis Ababa as a pretext.

Furthermore, lest We should fail to believe that the Italians would destroy the city of Addis Ababa with bombs, it ought to be mentioned that We had heard that they had hit with bombs the town of Harar, in which there was no army and no defence equipment, and that they had caused much damage to Mons. Andreas Jarosseau who lived greatly honoured within the walled city.

As it was in this city of Harar that We had spent most of Our time since Our childhood, the fact of its being hit by bombs and set on fire saddened Our heart very specially. Hence We were convinced that there was nothing at all that would prevent an enemy who had set the city of Harar on fire doing the same to Addis Ababa. Moreover, meaning to make quite sure about this, they had dropped from aeroplanes printed pronouncements, together with black flags, that they would destroy the city. In particular, when We were contemplating fighting at Addis Ababa, there appeared, depicted before Our eyes, Our soldiers on the northern front, numbering many thousands, who were grievously injured and were dying, burnt by poison gas on the mountains and in the plains; and in addition there was the suffering of the country people, women and children, who had perished being burnt with poison gas; it was thus an extremely hard thing for Us to decide whether on Our account an attack of similarly grievous affliction would be made on Addis Ababa. The men who attended the council loved their country and were loyal to Us and thus spoke to Us as follows: 'We now know that we are unable to win fighting with the Italians either at Addis Ababa or outside. For what purpose do we exterminate our peaceful people and have its capital burnt by bombs? Hence, as previously planned, let the government move to Gore and let Bitwaddad Walda Tsadeq stay there acting as Regent. But it would be better if the Emperor, accompanied by the necessary assistants, presented his appeal.' Since they had resolved thus, We accepted their advice.

We subsequently issued orders that Bitwaddad Walda Tsadeq should conduct all government business from Gore. We also gave instructions that the Kantiba, in command of the municipal guards, should have security safeguarded; and when the Italians reached the outskirts of Addis Ababa, he was to receive them peacefully with the customary white flag.

Afterwards We boarded the train and went down to Dire Dawa during the night of Friday to Saturday. When We reached Dire Dawa in the evening of Saturday, 24th Miyazya (= 2nd May), We heard that panic had broken out at Addis Ababa, that many people had died, that
Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:46:18 am
much property had been looted, and that many houses had been set on fire.

As to the cause of the rioting that had occurred, We learnt from the newspapers, after passing through Jibuti, that the Italians had spread the exceedingly shameful and despicable falsehood that it was the departing Emperor who had given instructions that the city be set on fire and property be looted. While We were thinking only of preventing the death at the hands of the enemy of those who were Our people, how could We contemplate that by Our own advice they should exterminate and plunder each other? Furthermore, if We had had such a thought, how could We have gone away leaving to the Italians the new palace which We had built at great expense without setting it on fire?

When We set out on this Our journey, We took down Ras Haylu as far as Dire Dawa; he had been found guilty and was under arrest ever since he had attempted, earlier on in 1924 (= 1932), to create unrest in Ethiopia by deceitfully conspiring with the enemy who had now come to destroy our independence; evidence had been given against him and he was condemned to imprisonment for life. Although he deserved to die for betraying Ethiopia, his country, We released him and set him free, thinking that God should mete out to him what was due for his betrayal.

He himself had confessed all the wrongdoing he had committed in the past and had given his word on oath to safeguard Ethiopia's freedom working for it in future to the utmost extent possible; he then returned to Addis Ababa. We set out from Dire Dawa by train and reached Jibuti on Sunday, 25th Miyazya (= 3rd May), at 4.30 in the morning (= 10.30 a.m.). We shall never forget the welcome of friendship which the governor of the colony, other French government authorities, and the whole population accorded to Us. It was at Government House that preparations for resting had been made for Us, and We went there together with Our family.

When at this hour filled with sorrow We saw the friendly reception given to Us, without anything missing, exactly as on several previous occasions when We had gone down to Jibuti, We can only say that Our heart was greatly encouraged.

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:51:56 am
Later on, in accordance with the plans which We had made when departing from Addis Ababa, We transmitted to the League of Nations at Geneva the following message, in order to explain the reason why We had come here as an exile from Our country.

To the Secretary General of the League of Nations at Geneva.

We would request you to make known, on Our behalf, the following to member governments:

In leaving for abroad to stop the total extermination of the Ethiopian people, We are resolved to devote Ourselves in peace and in liberty to halting a war of aggression such as has never been seen or heard of in modern times, that is without parallel and is outside the character and nature of man. We also wish to bring about protection from Italian evil deeds and the honouring of international obligations as a basis of Ethiopia's ancient independence and, indeed, the peace of the nations of the world.

From the beginning We have done everything possible to prevent peace being disturbed. We faithfully defended our country until Italy began to strike with poison gas like rain and until it became obvious that our resistance could not be continued, for if we did resist the result would only be the extermination of the Ethiopian people.

And now We request that the League of Nations should not cease the strenuous efforts to have the covenant honoured and that it should not recognize claims of sovereignty or of territorial expansion through improper military force in breach of treaty obligations

Posted on: March 14, 2007, 02:57:39 am
WE had requested permission to go from Jerusalem to London, and after it had been granted We arranged for the Empress and Our family and the army commanders who had come with Us to stay at Jerusalem. Accompanied by Our sons, Crown Prince Mared-Azmatch Asfa Wassan and Makonnen, Duke of Harar, and Our daughter Tsahay as well as by Ras Kassa, who had been appointed by Us commander of the northern army, We went from Jerusalem to Haifa on 15th Genbot (= 23rd May). There We embarked in the British warship 'Capetown' and sailed to Gibraltar.

At Gibraltar We transferred to a passenger ship of the Orient line, disembarked at the British seaport of Southampton, and from there travelled by train to London.

At the railway station in London the British public gave Us a great welcome, and We then departed for the accommodation which had been prepared for Us. The people assembled there demonstrated to Us their participation in Our grief, and We admired the tenderness and kindness of the British people.

Later on, in accordance with the plans which We had made when departing from Addis Ababa, We transmitted to the League of Nations at Geneva the following message, in order to explain the reason why We had come here as an exile from Our country.

To the Secretary General of the League of Nations at Geneva.

We would request you to make known, on Our behalf, the following to member governments:

In leaving for abroad to stop the total extermination of the Ethiopian people, We are resolved to devote Ourselves in peace and in liberty to halting a war of aggression such as has never been seen or heard of in modern times, that is without parallel and is outside the character and nature of man. We also wish to bring about protection from Italian evil deeds and the honouring of international obligations as a basis of Ethiopia's ancient independence and, indeed, the peace of the nations of the world.

From the beginning We have done everything possible to prevent peace being disturbed. We faithfully defended our country until Italy began to strike with poison gas like rain and until it became obvious that our resistance could not be continued, for if we did resist the result would only be the extermination of the Ethiopian people.

And now We request that the League of Nations should not cease the strenuous efforts to have the covenant honoured and that it should not recognize claims of sovereignty or of territorial expansion through improper military force in breach of treaty obligations.

Post Script

If any Idren wish to take this Reasoning in a negative direction from this point on, please feel free to do so as some Rastas DO know some TRUTHFUL ISTORY..

Nuff Guidance

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2007, 08:44:48 PM »

Well that is what I have been saying from the start - in other words. Just put it in a way that people can use them own mind fe overstand. Nice one Nick.

prophet7

gadbudz

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2007, 11:55:50 PM »

so god was the student i mean jesues and john was the teacher im confused??

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »

Jesus is not the Father - overstand ? Is it neccessary for the CREATOR to proove anything ? So, why is it neccessary for him to die to save I ? All that believe that Jesus is the "Father" know these words :

"For God so loved the world he sent his only begotten son...." Who Him send ? Himself ?.....His "only begotten son" is Himself ? He sent him self after himself ? Let us use overstanding to make sense out of none-sense in order to overstand this.

Further more. If him begot himself what him need Mary for ? Is it not Mary that begot him ?

prophet7
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 12:08:49 AM by prophet777 »

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2007, 10:15:25 AM »

One more thing I want all on this thread....If HIM "King of this World" was it then neccessary to "run away" and come back to fight another day ? Yeshua did it too. Me nah overstand why someone who "created I and I," someone who made the world and all in it, someone who is a very great part of creation, have fe run away from the devil. Does that make sense ? If the world is your "footstool," then what you run away from ? Who can then force you to go into exile ? If you are in control. These are things I think Garvey contemplated on and, just like I, see no reason for

See it was for the example....H.I.M. say, and Yeshua too, I shall be proceeded by the next generation....Yeshua said ye shall do greater things than I....
Them not come to big themselves up, but Humanity....
Lessons to be learn by looking at the stories of their lives....
the Allowance and patience them show......
The wisdom in acting from Within to unify peoples.....
H.I.M. reach out to the Allies for a reason....
is the ongoing story that counts not immediate results....
lota tings going on behind da scenes
hafe read between da lines
Garvey was reacting in terrible anguish for his fellow Africans....is ovastandable
even Yeshua is said to have cried out in pain and doubt..."why have ye forsaken I father?"
so is reflective to I, of humanities doubt and pain.....not overstanding tha bigger picture when in sufferation
seen?
Doesn't detract from the Majesty of His being or the One-da-ful works he graced we with.
Bless and raspect
Nyah
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

wademanini

• Normal User
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2008, 03:43:22 PM »

all this does is prove to i that Garvey's prophesy was true and unbiased so now Babylon can't say it was a biased claim.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.