Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Israelities  (Read 1163 times)

jahbam

Israelities
« on: March 19, 2007, 03:19:52 AM »

i here if Desmond Decker and tha Israelities very good vibes but i would like to no what is Israelities what dose this meen is it to do with tha rasta is it religion and if so from whan i realy wona no as im a new rasta to be

jah bless bless tha land we live on

Julian

• Regular User
Re: Israelities
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 12:56:20 PM »

Being Israeli means your come from the Land of Israel (in the middle east). I am part Israeli but it means nothing, it is just from where on the earth our ancestors settled. Israelites are all around the globe eg Africa, Europe, America but most are returning to the New State of Israel which stood thousands fo years ago before ti was scattered(the people)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 12:58:59 PM by UKJay »

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 03:20:55 PM »

Hey brother  UKJay- I am not disagreeing- just adding.

I always always LOVE this song (even when I thought DD was singing "His red eyes" not "Israelites.")

I think Desmond Decker is using Israelites allegorically to speak of every displaced person being downtrodden.
That's how I always feel when I hear this song.

I don't know that I am displaced and downtrodden, exactly, but it feels like a cry against Babylon- that all we can do is work and work some more, but we may still end up "full of holes." (Like Bonnie and Clyde).

You can take that gently as a reference to the clothes- or you can take it hard- like if you are in a war zone.

I do not pretend to know what DD means when he sings it- different things at different times maybe-

But thank-you for asking about this song.

I must have it somewhere- might be a good one to play today.

I'm feeling pretty full of holes right now!!!

Love.

God bless.

Julian

• Regular User
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 07:02:23 PM »

Hahaha yeah man i know what you mean:) i was just stating the factual reason not spiritual:D Nice words and i Love that song!

Page created in 0.087 seconds with 21 queries.