Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Author Topic: "Ass Licking" Approach  (Read 39215 times)

Ras_Growstrong

Re: "Ass Licking" Approach
« Reply #75 on: July 16, 2007, 03:39:06 PM »

You dont have to try through blows at Ras_Growstrong for this information comes directly from the scripture.  I just happen to have read it ... now if you want to toss out your Bible thats on you ... but I'm going to keep mine 

And I'll start here ... Jeremiah 51:57 ... who is the scripture talking about here ... who is asleep ... this is mentioned several places I could give more example out of the bible mentioning the sleep .... dont hate on the Ras for observing scripture

Romans 11: 7-21 KJV

7What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded.

8(According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

9And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:

10Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

11I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy.

12Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?

13For I speak to you Gentiles, inasmuch as I am the apostle of the Gentiles, I magnify mine office:

14If by any means I may provoke to emulation them which are my flesh, and might save some of them.

15For if the casting away of them be the reconciling of the world, what shall the receiving of them be, but life from the dead?

16For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.

17And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them, and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;

18Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.

19Thou wilt say then, The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.

20Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith. Be not highminded, but fear:

21For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee.

What got me was line 11 "provoke to Jealousy". This astonished me ... God wants to provoke Israel to Jealousy ... humm, that is so contrary to my thinking .... but then I found this in more then one place in the Bible ... what is really ment by this provoke Israel to Jealousy   

Well really the 12 tribes are actually from Shem not Ham per say the tribes of Ham and Shem married freely with each other therefore allowing people of Ham to call themselves Judah Israel etc the tribes of Japhete were cast out of their presence

Sista Vee, please try to contain yourself, I man dont need that ... to the other sista speaking on my post ... It is not the I that says Black people are asleep but the scripture now the question is do I believe what the scripture says. In this instance I must say yes I do ... sleep outright sleep barely aware of things on a local level ... can't harvest their own food, and many more basics of life ... are these the signs of an alert man a motivated man what ... Now are european countries exploiting Africa of its wealth why ... do they not give a _____ about the sufferation ... that lie'n Bible must be wrong again

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2007, 08:07:22 PM »

Bless Up

TRY THROUGH BLOWS AT Ras Grow_Strong...  The I haven't began to experience blows in the least.  And InI am the wrong individual to 'throw' Ible verses at as Ible studies was InI's first choice of study for Post secondary education and InI grew up in a home on the islands where we were woken up at four each morning for worship and Ible studies.  St. Veronica's is the church that stood and still stands eighth feet from InI's childhood bedroom and InI's Grandmother was not only the founder of said church, she actually assisted physically with the building of said church.  Memorizing the Ible was not a choice for InI.  It was a necessity in InI's home.

So the I wishes to get into the fallicies of the HAM, Shem issue and myth?  Well let's get to it.

First of all let us clarify that the Ible is but one 'Holy Book' and there are many.  Let us also establish that the interpretations were done in the fashion it was to Itrol not to Enlighten.

Back to Ham/Shem and the origins of said tales, which that episode as well as so much of the Ible is.

Have the I heard the words,  ""Don’t condemn if you see a person has a dirty glass of water. Just show them the clean glass of water that you have. When they inspect it, you won’t have to say that yours is better.""

The racial divisions that exist between churches are a byproduct of the segregated past. Up until the Civil War, slave owners brought their slaves to church with them, although blacks had to sit in balconies or in the basement. “The slave master encouraged, forced blacks to go to church, but they had to be in subservient roles. People were not allowed to become leaders,” Weary explains. “Some of the early leaders in the black community said that this is not right. We need to be either brought totally into the church, or we need to start our own church.”

Whites trying to biblically justify the separation of races often perpetuate the myth of Ham. According to this story, God punished Cain for slaying Abel by banishing him to the land of Nod. Furthermore, God cursed the progeny of Cain’s son Ham, who became the African race.

The Curse of Ham “was so profoundly ill conceived that it’s hard to believe that it had any currency in the church,” Marsh says.

“I think the idea of racial purity was one that was most pervasive in our thoughts and lives. The ideal of the racial purity of the white race, the virginal white woman, our faith, our home. Whites were obsessive about cleanliness and separation, and we have ways of making businesses ordained by God,” Marsh says.
“We’ve developed a culture where you’ve got a black church, white church, Asian church, Hispanic church. Is it racism? Absolutely,”  “Blacks now have gotten trapped because they don’t trust the white church to do what they need to do, and they’ve become locked in their black church. So the church as an institution is still very segregated, because the white church took a long time before they invited a few blacks to come in,” Perkins says.

To perpetuate the racist Hebrew myth of the Ham, Shem, and Japheth stated that “Ham is more Physical. Shem is more Spiritual, & Japheth is more Intellect”. Ham being ‘black’, Shem being ‘brown’ and Japheth being ‘white’
Am InI to assume since InI am allegedly a descendant of Ham, that InI am intellectually inferior to the white man (Japheth) or that InI and InI's Black Rastafarian family am spiritually inferior to the brown man.
Are we also to assume that because of that story our and all InI's black brothers and sisters are cursed because of the biblical passage that states ‘Cursed be Canaan; a servant of servants shall he be unto his brethren. And he said, blessed be the Lord God of Shem; and Canaan shall be his servant.
God enlarge Japheth, and he shall dwell in the tents of Shem: and Canaan shall be his servant.’ Genesis 9, 25-27
How can black people respect themselves and others while still spewing this kind of self-demeaning garbage?
How can others RASPECT us when/if we hold such self demeaning myths aloft as truth????????
Can the Rastafarian goals of UPLIFTMENT, RE-EDUCATION, TRUTH, JUCTICE AND REPATRIATION be attained by the perpetuation of such self-destructive myths?
What some fail to realize is that Afrikan people have been existing in their high culture thousands of years before the alleged existence and first mention of Adam, Eve, Noah, Shem, Ham etc.
For too long our people have been enslaved by religion, by self demeaning dogmas, by the Bible, by leaders (misleaders), not realizing that these things are all limited naturally in how they can help one become one with Jah/become anointed. The kingdom of the Divine is within InI and all truth is therefore within InIi. In breaking the shackles of ignorance and seeking the Almighty (truth), InI abandon and reject all racist/sexist myths that seek to hold InI people in bondage. To say that one is inferior mentally because of their blackness is an insult not only to yourself but to the Divine force that exists in everyone and everything.

Posted on: July 16, 2007, 07:45:53 pm
It could also be argued that The Bible Comes From India, This InI Know, for the Hindu Vedas and Puranas Tell InI So!
The following account, taken from the Hindu Matsya Purana (Fish Chronicle), describes some of the people who, after a severe flood, left India for other parts of the world:
To Satyavarman, that sovereign of the whole earth, were born three sons: the eldest Shem; then Sham; and thirdly, Jyapeti by name.
They were all men of good morals, excellent invirtue and virtuous deeds, skilled in the use of weapons to strike with, or to be thrown; brave men, eager for victory in battle.
But Satyavarman, being continually delighted with devout meditation, and seeing his sons fit for dominuion, laid upon them the burdens of government.
Whilst he remained honouring and satisfying the gods, and priests, and kine, one day, by the act of destiny, the king, having drunk mead
Became senseless and lay asleep naked. Then, was he seen by Sham, and by him were his two brothers called:
To whom he said, "What now has befallen? In what state is this our sire?" By these two he was hidden with clothes, and called to his senses again and again.
Having recovered his intellect, and perfectly knowing what had passed, he cursed Sham, saying, "Thou shalt be the servant of servants."
And since thou wast a laugher in their presence, from laughter thou shalt acquire a name. Then he gave Sham the wide domain on the south of the snowy mountains.
And to Jyapeti he gave all on the north of the snowy mountains; but he, by the power of religious contemplation, attained supreme bliss.

If you have read the Jewish or Christian bible, can you guess who Satyavarman, Shem, Sham, and Jyapeti were? Were Satyavarman and his sons our Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japhet? The Old Testament tells us that Satyavarman (Noah) got drunk by imbibing wine made from his vines in what is now Armenia, near Mt. Ararat. But I'm absolutely sure that my Hindu readers would know from where this story originated.
In Sanskrit, Satya-Varman means "Protector of Truth; Protector of the Righteous." Varman often occurs at the end of the names of Kshatriyas (Hereditary Hindu Leadership Caste). Shem/Sem means "An Assembly." According to White racists(s), Ham was turned black as punishment for lacking in respect for his father. The Christian Fundamentalists insist that Sham fathered the Africans. It was this superstition that helped perpetuate the institution of slavery in our antebellum (pre-Civil War) South. Jyapeti became the "God of the Sun" or the Christian, Jewish, Assyrian, Greek and Roman Jupiter and Jahve or Jehovah. For the Hindus, he is Dyaus Pitar, mankind's first known manifestation of God Shiva.
Satyavarman told Sham that he would acquire a name from laughter. Two of the two tribes descended from Sham were the Ha-Ha and Ho-Ho. They later migrated to other parts of the world. Ha-Ha(am)/Ham, meaning "The Ha people," were among the founders of Egypt. Other descendants of Sham, the Hohokam, settled in the American Southwest. Kam derives from the Sanskrit Gana, meaning "Tribe." Hohokam = "The Ho-Ho Tribe." Notice that both groups were desert people. Another tribe that first settled in the American Southwest were the Anazazi, known in ancient India as Anaza-zi (The Undestroyed and Living God Shiva).
The Jewish Noah's Ark legend appears to be a mixture of three Hindu flood myths: Satyavarman, Vaivasvata, and Nahusha. The Mahabharata states:

"The progeny of Adamis and Hevas (Adam and Eve) soon became so wicked that they were no longer able to coexist peacefully. Brahma therefore decided to punish his creatures "Vishnu"
ordered Vaivasvata to build a ship for himself and his family. When the ship was ready, and Vaivasvata and his family were inside with the seeds of every plant and a pair of every species of animal, the big rains began and the rivers began to overflow."
Not only are the names of the main players in the Noah story the same as the family of Satyavarman, but, like the Vaivasvata part that the Old Testament authors plagiarized from the Mahabharata, the rains fell for forty days and forty nights.
According to the Vaivasvata story, Shem's name is Manu; Ham or Sham is Nabhanedistha; Japhet is Yayati or Dyaus-Pitar (Jupiter or the Hebrew Jehovah).
The third "Noah" was a deity named Dyaus-Nahusha. We Westerners call him Dionysius or Bacchus. Bacchus derives from the Sanskrit Bagha, meaning "God the Androgynous." When a great flood destroyed the world, Nahusha left India in order to restore civilization to mankind. He also left India for another reason which I'll relate in another part of this article. One of the places where he stopped was a small island city state called Sancha Dwipa (Sancha Island), where the citizens built their homes out of seashells.

The Hindu historian Paramesh Choudhury wrote in his book, The India We Have Lost, that Sancha Dwipa was an Egyptian island. However, there is a small Mexican island town just off the Pacific coast in Nayarit state, Mexcaltitan, where the preconquest citizens built their homes out of seashells. According to Toltec mythology, Mexcaltitan
was the Mexican deity Quetzalcoatl's port of entry into Mexico. In Hindu mythology, Nahusha and God Vishnu are in close association. Vishnu is often pictured as floating on a raft of snakes [ left]. He also holds a conch hand in his hand. The Mexican deity Quetzalcoatl was also pictured as floating on a raft of snakes. Conch shells adorned his temples. One drawing of Quetzalcoatl shows him wearing a necklace of conch shells.

But the Mexican anomalies don't stop here.

The pre-Aztec Toltecs were also called Nahoa and Nahua. Nahua tribes did, and still do, extend even into South America. Since the Toltecs could not pronounce "V," I ask myself whether the words Nahoa and Nahua derive from the Sanskrit Nava, meaning "Ship; Boat." The word "Toltec" also appears to derive from the Sanskrit word for "Descendant of the Upper World Nation": Tal-Toka. Quetzalcoatl's original homeland was Tlapallan (See my article about Atlantis). This could derive from the Sanskrit Tala-Pala (The Upper World Land of Pala), another name of the Indian state of Bihar. Even the stories of the lives of Dyaus-Nahusha and Quetzalcoatl are similar. Dyaus-Nahusha was banished from India for getting drunk and raping the wife of the legendary Hindu philosopher Agastya. Quetzalcoatl was banished getting drunk and raping his own daughter. I can provide even more proofs that Nahusha and Quetzalcoatl were the same individual. It's easy to prove that India once colonized Mexico. The hard part is keeping ourselves brainwashed to remain blind to this fact!

So this is but one of several accounts of the Ham/Shem story.  Thousands of years at time had passed before other versions of this same 'myth' was showing up all over the world.  So who's words were actually Inspied by Jah?  Who is telling the truth?  And who are any of us to SWEAR that the version we read in the KJV Ible Is indeed the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?  Who are we to condemn a race of people because we read it somewhere?

Then why NOT accept the NOI's version of the creation of the White man and the creation of them through genetic tampering by a grand wise Black scientist on the island of Patmos?  Fair is fair is it NOT?
Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
Posted on: July 16, 2007, 07:51:52 pm
Regarding the last statement asking InI to 'CONTAIN ISELF..."  Just who exactly is speaking those words?  The post is stated to come from a Ras Grow_Strong....

Let InI clarify something to this author, whomever the I happens to be...  InI's containment is NOT the I's concern here.  What was said was s***t and InI simply stated such.  If ones do NOT wish to confront the s**t they sprew from their mouths and computer keypad then verify the information before leaving it out there for unsuspecting innocents to assume it is indeed FACTS.  The theory of the Black man being asleep and the White man being Blind has been taken out of the context it was placed in upon it's writings. 

Judge a man by what he does, not by what he says.  InI NEVER state something InI will regret later. 
To he who much is given, much is required

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #77 on: July 16, 2007, 08:25:01 PM »

So this is but one of several accounts of the Ham/Shem story.  Thousands of years at time had passed before other versions of this same 'myth' was showing up all over the world.  So who's words were actually Inspied by Jah?  Who is telling the truth?  And who are any of us to SWEAR that the version we read in the KJV Ible Is indeed the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth?  Who are we to condemn a race of people because we read it somewhere?

Sistahvee....Finally someone says the truth about the old stories we have in the bible and elsewere.

How can others RASPECT us when/if we hold such self demeaning myths aloft as truth??
Can the Rastafarian goals of UPLIFTMENT, RE-EDUCATION, TRUTH, JUCTICE AND REPATRIATION be attained by the perpetuation of such self-destructive myths?

Awesome...well said...anthropromorphisim has blinded man for eons as to the real truth about those old myths.  People actually think these talk of real people, real historical places...LOL...look up in the sky people at the heavens and around you at the cyclic laws of Nature and you will find every patriarch of the bible, every deitie of the ancients.  Comparing the biblical patriarchs with the descendants of Vaiswasvata, the Hindu Noah, and the old Sanscrit traditions about the deluge in the Brahmanical Mahabharata, we find them mirrored in the Vaidic patriarchs who are the primitive types upon which all the others were modelled. But before comparison is possible, the Hindu myths must be comprehended in their true significance. Each of these mythical personages bears, besides an astronomical significance, a spiritual or moral, and an anthropological or physical meaning. The patriarchs are not only euhemerized gods -- the prediluvian answering to the twelve great gods of Berosus, and to the ten Pradjapati, and the postdiluvian to the seven gods of the famous tablet in the Ninevean Library, but they stand also as the symbols of the Greek AEons, the kabalistic Sephiroth, and the zodiacal signs, as types of a series of human races.  Having anathematized the idolatrous sun-worshippers for over fifteen centuries, the Church now seriously proposed to continue heliolatry -- to the letter this time -- as their idea was to substitute for Pagan myths biblical and (in their ideas) real personages. They would have called the sun, Christ; the moon, Virgin Mary; Saturn, Adam; Jupiter, Moses (!); Mars, Joshua; Venus, John the Baptist; and Mercury, Elias. And very proper substitutes too, showing the great familiarity of the Catholic Church with ancient Pagan and kabalistic learning, and its readiness, perhaps, to at last confess the source whence came their own myths. For is not king Messiah the sun, the Demiurge of the heliolaters, under various names? Is he not the Egyptian Osiris and the Grecian Apollo? And what more appropriate name than Virgin Mary for the Pagan Diana-Astarte, "the Queen of Heaven," against which Jeremiah exhausted a whole vocabulary of imprecations? Such an adoption would have been historically as well as religiously correct.

PERSONIFICATIONS of nature and the heavens is what it is all about people, learn this and your eyes will be open to deeper understandings.

Ras_Growstrong

« Reply #78 on: July 16, 2007, 08:38:31 PM »

So are you saying black and brown people are shem and ham symbolically are not ... please says this in less then 50 words

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2007, 08:57:55 PM »

Bless Up

@Ras Grow_Strong

Ras..First of all let InI make it clear to the I that InI have no personal anomosity towards the I or whatever your opinions are.  DO NOT LIMIT oneself to assuming that the Ible CANNOT be used as a great source to even dispute the Ible. The book of Job teaches/instructs to take HERE A LITTLE, THERE A LITTLE.. LINE UPON LINE, LINE UPON LINE... Is that NOT so??? So if it is necessary to refer to the Ible it should not cause this HEAT, but rather PROVE to those that only take PROOF from the Ible... Is that NOT so???

'THE IBLE IS MADE UP OF STORIES, FACTS AND METHPHORS../ It was left as a GUIDE, a formular towards GETTING THERE.. where-ever one's THERE is..." It was NEVER MEANT to be taken literally, every WORD FOR LITERAL WORD.. And Most Importantly the writers were NOT dealing with 21st century Overstanding or means of Expression much less Access to the various means we now have. They spoke and wrote so that the groups/people of their time OVERSTOOD the messages being delivered. For us it would be written differently as we Overstand more.. Times change hence the Wording for the 1st century will seem unbelievable to many of the 21st century.. Am InI wrong in this OPINION?

Unfortunately for those attempting to REASON, Ones TRUTH tend to get SHADOWED by personal opinions and unresolved psychology. Some thoughts in Reasoning sessions are meant to PROVOKE A REACTIONand/or FORCE one's audience to rethink their Beliefs and OPINIONS... When ones are at the black/white level of REASONING, THINKING and MATURITY they are only able to REASON with INFALLIABLE AUTHORITY, with a 'This is the only TRUTH mentality..

If the wishes to discuss the FACTS regarding the InTerpretations of the Ible, that's NOT a problem. 

We Idren are trapped in IGNORANCE AND ILLUSIONS. We believe our ILLUSIONS are the absolute truth which is why we are stuck in those beliefs... Unwillingness to move or challenge one's beliefs is the true threat to moving to higher heights.(Rev. 3:15-16) We are Inflexiable and unwilling to move higher when ones believe we have it all 'figured out'.. Teachings/beliefs along those lines have the ability to 'Imprison large groups of people'..

DO NOT think that ANYTHING the I presents to InI will Offend InI.. InI by rights of being a FREE person has the choice to RESPOND or NOT to ANYTHING the I presents to InI. So before preceeding further, rest assured that InI am a little more Aware Spiritually and able to Dicipher the I's words...

However the 'TONE' in which the I is presenting his Reasoning is alarming and will Itinue to be viewed as hostile towards the Blackman if the I accepts he is right and nothing else matters.

The other Idren and Sistren here have a right to their opinions.  Who indeed is the I to suggest HOW MANY WORDS the others including Iself should abide by?  Let us not start another 'HEATED' exchange please InI beg the I.  Many here spend an awful lot of time studying and as such how can one expect them to turn away or limit their opinions when they are driven to correct the wrongs they see being perpetuated as TRUTH.

Many come along, state their nonsense, create havoc among True Rastafarians and disappear, leaving the chaos they created behind.  Is it possible to just REASON out a topic without the judgement?  If InI have offended the I with stating FACTS InI humbly apoligize, not because InI was wrong to do so, but because InI prefer Peace whenever possible and am willing to scarifice for such.

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee

Ras_Growstrong

« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2007, 09:57:38 PM »

I stick to the point ... my tone here has been quite graceful ...

if you are feeling contrary rest assure Iman is a deep lover ... no hateration ...

I speak directly to particular points in scripture not some fantasy thoughts someone interpreted to get a mission accomplished ...

Now the  scripture specifically indicates that the people of ham and shem have been put in a perpetual sleep in several places in the Bible The scripture is rather matter of fact about this point. Again I could exhaust you with scriptural evidence speaking directly on the point no circumlocution here.

So who is Ham and Shem? ... Do they have any decedents?

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2007, 11:05:23 PM »

Bless Up

@Ras Grow_Strong

Idren, it will take a lot more than the Ham/Shem ‘myths’ to exhaust InI.  Certainly a lot more that the KJV version of the story.  But to clear up the air, one cannot ask such a question and expect a proper nor clear answer in 50 words or less.

Now to answer the I’s question.  Who is Ham and Shem…  Let’s clear the air..  We are discussing this particular Ible scripture here…
Genesis chapter 9
20 Noah was the first tiller of the soil. He planted a vineyard; 21 and he drank of the wine, and became drunk, and lay uncovered in his tent. 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. 23 Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it upon both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness. 24 When Noah awoke from his wine and knew what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said, "Cursed be Canaan;
A slave of slaves shall he be to his brothers." 26 He also said, "Blessed by the Lord my God be Shem; and let Canaan be his slave. God enlarge Japheth, and let him dwell in the tents of Shem; and let Canaan be his slave."

Idren, let us clearly look at this Ham curse and disect it a bit in order to Iverstand the ‘implications’.. 

In this particular account it appears that Noah got drunk and passed-out naked in his tent (Verse 21). Ham saw him lying there drunk asleep and told his brothers about it and they covered him with a garment (Verse 22). Next it seems that Noah spoke this curse because he was mad that his son, Ham, saw him naked. InI assume that Noah was pretty uptight about being seen naked by Ham but obviously not about drinking so much that he'd passed-out and was lying there in his birthday suit where anyone could see him, including Shem and Japheth.  Unfortunately, Ham just happened to see him first.

Now here’s where the story gets interesting and begins to make just about no logical nor Iritual sense… Noah’s mad at his son, Ham, but he curses his grandson, Canaan (Verse 25). He says ""Cursed be Canaan; a slave of slaves shall you be to your brothers." Why is he cursing his innocent grandson, Canaan, who's not in this story at all up to this point and who’s only mentioned here in passing (Verse 22). And what’s so bad about being seen naked that he’d want to curse anybody  in particular, his innocent grandson? Ham committed this "horrible" offense so why doesn’t he curse Ham instead?

Noah was drunk; so maybe he intended to curse Ham but mistakenly cursed Canaan. At any rate, the person who initially took the “forbidden” action in relation to Noah was Ham not Canaan.In this apperant fact we appear to be reading the same Ible….

Some of course say that seeing Noah naked wasn't the real reason for his invoking the curse…that the real reason Canaan was cursed was because he sexually molested Noah while he was sleeping. Read the text….

Verse 22 And Ham, the father of Canaan, saw the nakedness of his father, and told his two brothers outside. 23 Then Shem and Japheth took a garment, laid it upon both their shoulders, and walked backward and covered the nakedness of their father; their faces were turned away, and they did not see their father’s nakedness.

There is absolutely nothing in the text about Canaan molesting his grandfather, Noah? Could the apparent ‘real’ reason for the curse actually be that Ham saw Noah naked?

If seeing Noah naked wasn't the reason why does the writer emphasizes the fact that Ham saw his father's nakedness and Shem and Japheth didn't? Regardless of this, the innocent Canaan received the curse not Ham.

What about the Great historical after shocks of this curse. White supremacists and their sympathizers say that Ham was cursed by God with blackness and as a result all of Ham’s descendants (Black People) are cursed as well and are destined to be slaves. (A good justification for enslaving Africans during the European slave trade wouldn‘t one agree?.)But as you can see by the text that’s not true… FIRST OF ALL LET‘S GET IT CLEAR… God doesn’t curse anybody Noah does. (Verse 24-25). Noah doesn’t curse Ham he curses his innocent grandson, Canaan. The writer doesn’t and InI repeat DOES NOT say that Ham or Canaan were cursed with blackness.  Noah said in Verse 25, Canaan shall be a slave of slaves to his brothers and in Verses 26-27, to his Uncles Shem and Japheth not to white supremacists or any other group. Now for curiousity, who are these brothers Canaan is cursed to be a slave to?  Get out your bibles, scroll down to Genesis 10:6 where it lists the sons of Ham, his son’s are listed as Cush, Egypt, Put, and Canaan. This probably means that this story is metaphorical or mythological because these are all names of ancient civilizations in Africa, groups of people not individuals. These are the blacks who (according to the text) are the descendants of Ham; who historically, white racists say were cursed by God with blackness but, again…as you can see from the text that’s not the case. God doesn’t curse Ham or his sons but Noah does curse Canaan.

So Canaan is cursed to be a slave to his brothers Cush, Egypt, and Put? Canaan is cursed to be a slave to the ancestors of the blacks? Not to mention that if Canaan’s brothers are black…that means Canaan is black too…and since Ham, Shem and Japheth all have the same father and mother, it’s logical to conclude that Noah, his wife, Shem and Japheth are black as well. Remember Ham wasn't cursed with blackness. So that means that if his sons are black..he's black... his mother and father are black...and so are his brothers.That’s how absurd this whole thing about blacks being cursed with blackness is.

Let’s trace the descendants of the innocent cursed Canaan.

Go to genesis 10:15-20 and ones will clearly see that the descendants of Canaan actually end up populating a large portion of what’s now the Middle East. Canaan was the Promised Land (roughly were present day Israel is now) that Moses led the children of Israel to. And since the Israelites were the descendants of Canaan’s uncle, Shem, that means they actually fought their own relatives for possession the “Promised Land” So again,  if Ham was black, then the whole family of Noah was black, therefore by extension, Moses and the people he led out of Egypt were black. Not to mention that Egypt was also a descendant of Ham where these children of Israel lived and intermingled for 400 hundred years!

So if there were any “cursed descendants of Ham” it looks like they would have to be Canaan’s descendants. But again…the text doesn’t say Canaan’s descendants were cursed just the innocent Canaan, (Verse 25-26). So what happened to the fabled curse on black people?

Unless ones are Iritually myopic, ones can see from the text that this whole curse thing has just been ethnic propaganda, used for centuries to justify enslaving Africans and their descendants for economic gain and to help relieve the guilt of white Christians for participating in the slave trade. Generally speaking, this myth has allowed all whites to feel superior to blacks for no other reason than that they are white!

According to the noted African American Historian and anthropologist, J.A Rogers, in his book "Nature Knows No Color Line" certain Jewish Rabbis in the first or second century A.D. taught that Ham was cursed with blackness for engaging in sex on the ark against God’s command. Here’s another source of historical misinformation that help create the psychological climate that made it easier for various White Christian cultures to abuse and enslave blacks for social and economic gain. The myth that God "cursed" blacks made it easier for White Christians and others to engage in racist behaviors without feeling guilty about it. (Of course not all Whites or White Christians accepted this ideology or engaged in those behaviors and many were totally in opposition to any racist ideology)

Is it Not possibly then that Blacks must have previously been
Posted on: July 16, 2007, 11:04:38 pm
very powerful and enviously admired in the cultural and religious history of the various White cultures of the world, for so much scorn to have been heaped on them starting in such ancient times.

Ironically there are African-Americans who Ilieve this myth about blacks being the "cursed Descendants of Ham" without ever researching it to see if it's true or not! But that's the way it is with those who are closed-minded whether they’re White or Black. They never critique nor question if what they believe is true or not. They just accept it as true because that’s what they been taught…but we should seek to know the truth if want to free our minds of deception, " And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free” John 8:32 …….

Next let us get Istorical for a moment if that Ible references were NOT yet sufficient for some…
The first ark was built by Utnapishtim in the Sumerian myth; one learns in different ways that it was a cube ... measuring 60 x 60 x 60 fathoms .... In another version, there is no ark, just a cubic stone, upon which rests a pillar which reaches from earth to heaven. The stone ... is lying under a cedar, or an oak, ready to let loose a flood, without obvious reasons. Confusing as it is, this seems to provide the new theme. In Jewish legends, it is told that "since the ark disappeared there was a stone in its place ... which was called foundation stone." ... And it is said to lie above the Waters that are below the Holy of Holies.
Noah is generally considered to be mythological, the last of the 10 antediluvian kings. An equivalent list is found in various Mesopotamian sources and, though their first member varies, he is fairly transparently the prototype for the biblical Adam―Aloros, Alulium, Aialu. Intermediate between these two extremes would appear to be the Greek Atlas, the founder of Atlantis in their mythology. The seventh king is Enmeduranki, also known as the last of the Seven Sages, who shares many attributes with the biblical Enoch as he is portrayed in the apocryphal book by the same name. None of the other members of this list have obvious linguistic relationships with the biblical kings, including Noah, but there are enough similarities in the story of the Flood to leave little doubt that the "Chaldean" story had the same source, especially since Abraham came from one of their cities when they were still called Sealand, and the hero of the Gilgamesh epic, one of the works in which the story is found, goes to see the 10th king, Xisouthros, who is now immortal and lives in those very marshes at the head of the Persian Gulf. Xisouthros actually tests his version of the ark on the open sea where he learns it has some serious leaks, which he remedies by coating it inside and out with tar. So what we appear to be looking at in the early chapters of the bible is a set of three people, perhaps kings, certainly individuals of some renown, all of whom claim to be descendants of this final antediluvian king. Whether these three gentlemen were actually brothers is not immediately obvious. What we may reasonably begin to suspect at this point is that Shem, the progenitor of Abraham and his descendants, lived somewhere in the neighborhood of that Sealand, later called Chaldea, under whose rule Abraham was born. We might even climb farther out on this limb and entertain the notion that it was Abraham who brought the story with him that would later be incorporated, with much editing, in the bible.
What is suggested by the chronology that we have elucidated in the current work is that Ham was Hammu-rabi. As the bible says shortly after describing the Flood, "And it came to pass, as they journeyed east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there." Shinar is commonly associated with Sumer. Now Hammu-rabi's father is known, and he was not Noah, just as the father of Moses was most likely not someone named Amram, at least not on the physical plane most of us inhabit. This is nothing more than another example of the penchant of temporal rulers to claim descent from the gods or from celestial heroes. There is no indication so far whether Samsu-iluna was the son of Hammu-rabi or his brother, though their relative ages would tend to indicate that the bible is correct and that they were brothers. This Babylonian Shem had a son named Abi-eshu, apparently the prototype for Arpachshad. That both Ham and Shem would have claimed descent from the Babylonian version of Noah would not be surprising. And, as Godfrey Higgins has pointed out, there is a long history of one or another primordial avatar having three sons that formed what would later come to be called a trinity.

As for the above noted Noachian anomaly, as it now stands there remains a structural gap in the bible between the events surrounding and following the Deluge and the resumption of the genealogical sequence with Shem. There is a  gap amounting to a full pair of neros cycles totaling approximately 1200 years, much wider even than the gap between Joseph and Moses. One wonders if this earlier lacuna conceals events as contradictory to the established theological line as the one that hides Akhnaton and the Amarna period.
Now various racist doctrines, including Mormonism, claim that blacks are the cursed descendants of Ham, destined to serve the white race, which conveniently is Israel. But unless you believe that Canaan (Israel) refers to sub - saharan Africa, it is total foolishness (if nothing else, it would make the Shemites and descendates of Japheth black too). : Noah said “cursed be Canaan.” And what did God have the children of Israel do to the people of Canaan when they came out of Egypt? That is right: wipe them out! Some further extend this foolishness by claiming that the “lost tribes of Israel” somehow wound up in western Europe; with the most common claim being the Celtic peoples. What these people do not recognize is that Y’shua HaMashiach did not come out of the lost tribes, but rather of those who returned to Israel from Babylon.
The trouble with curses though, is that they have a double edge. The bible says that, "Like a flitting sparrow, like a flying swallow, So a curse without cause shall not alight" (Proverbs 26:2). In other words, if a curse is working you must have done something to deserve it
Of course there are a couple of ways out of this bind for the clever theologian. One, you can claim that you are being tested like Job or that you are so spiritual and godly that you must have made Satan angry…The second solution is to claim that you are suffering a "generational curse" - being punished for something your parents or grandparent's did. Very convenient excuse!

According to Numbers 14:18, "The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation". Slight internal contradiction, but there you have it.

The most famous generational curse though is the story of Ham, third son of Noah (Genesis 9:18-27).
When Noah eventually woke up and found out that Ham had seen his pee-pee, he went ballistic. As punishment Noah laid an everlasting curse on... not Ham, but Ham's son Canaan and his children forever. That makes sense! The descendants of Canaan were thereby doomed to perpetual servitude.

Now obviously this was written as a further justification for the Israelites to oppress the Canaanites, but in certain circles the story carried a much darker "truth". It was Ilieved that the three brothers became the three races of man. Shem's descendants became the Caucasians, Japheth became the Asians and Ham the Africans.

There's a longer version of the Noah story in the epic of Gilgamesh. The Ham character castrates the Noah character. So, if you Ilieve the Iblical version was imported from Gilgamesh (or vice versa), then a Iblical author/coyist editted the story from castration to a garden-variety NAMBLA experience.

Shall we Itinue or has the Identity of Ham & Shem made a bit more clear?

Nuff Love 

Sistah Vee

Ras_Growstrong

« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2007, 12:32:34 AM »

There you go again with all that unnecessary writing ... trim it down and walk with me Empress

You keep on talking about the curse with Noah. I have never brought that up nor do I, just as you; take credence in that particular thought and I was aware of it prior to you mentioning such.

Stick to the point ... name the so called Nations ONLY of Shem and Ham ... Just the Nations   What do you come up with???

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2007, 02:54:27 AM »

@ Ras Grow_Strong

InI am now choosing NOT to Raspond to the I as obviously we are on different levels of Humility as well as Irituality.  "TRIM IT DOWN"?  Why?  To leave the creases and nooks and crannies left open for misInterpretation?  InI do NOT think so Bredren... 

The I DID indeed bring up the curse as that was the I's Reason for delivering that 'sleep'and 'blind' man talk.  Re-check your post...

Stick to the point?  Idren, obviously the I has NO IDEA here what the point is...  Name the Nations?  Take your time and re-read that last post...  InI am obviously quite comfortable with what InI come up with.  Apparently you are NOT. 

Do NOT attempt to school InI Idren.  Take the time and Study to Prove FOR YOURSELF.. InI am NOT one of the so-called cursed of Ham, hence find another 'SLAVE' to do your research.  InI have attempted to be Reasonable with the I but apparently the I is NOT familiar with that particular characteristic.  All the answers the I has requested has already been posted.  InI will NOT waste any more time with the I.  InI am NOT starving for Fame or attention as InI receive enough in InI's work. 

Sight it....
The descendants of Cush are in northeast Africa or Arabia. Sheba is a grandson of Cush in v. 9, but in v. 22 he is a grandson of Eber the great-grandson of Shem, and in v. 32 he is a grandson of Keturah the concubine of Abraham. Such fluidity is common in ancient genealogies.
 Put is the only son of Ham who has no descendants. Put is mentioned in Jer 46:9; Ezek 30:5; 38:5. Nahum associates Put with Libyans (3:9).
 Note that the sons of Noah are given as Shem, Ham, and Japheth in v. 4, but their descendants are listed in reverse order--Japheth, Ham, and Shem, putting Shem, and Israel his descendant, in the last, favored position.

InI humbly leave the I to his own devices.  But DO NOT assume it is alright to degrade the Blackman in any capacity and not be sighted for it.

Onward..Forward Movement....Jah RasTafari>>>>>>>>>KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS, CONQUERING LION OF THE TRIBE OF JUDAH>>>>>>>>>

Nuff Guidance

Sistah Vee

Posted on: July 17, 2007, 01:53:05 am
OOH... And Ras Grow_Strong

InI write books for a living and obviously more than 142 universities and colleges deem InI's writing to be worthwhile for Higher Education as InI's books are standard/required reading in various courses.  If the I is offended by 'too much writing' simply move along and find some more kindergarden type work to busy yourself with.  But attempt to keep such childish criticism out of RasTafarian REASONING..SEEN>>>>>>>>
Posted on: July 17, 2007, 01:57:31 am
Genesis 10: 
1 This is the account of Shem, Ham and Japheth, Noah's sons, who themselves had sons after the flood.
2 The sons of Japheth: Gomer, Magog, Madai, Javan, Tubal, Meshech and Tiras.
3 The sons of Gomer: Ashkenaz, Riphath and Togarmah.
4 The sons of Javan: Elishah, Tarshish, the Kittim and the Rodanim.
5 (From these the maritime peoples spread out into their territories by their clans within their nations, each with its own language.)
6 The sons of Ham: Cush, Mizraim, Put and Canaan.
7 The sons of Cush: Seba, Havilah, Sabtah, Raamah and Sabteca. The sons of Raamah: Sheba and Dedan.
8 Cush was the father of Nimrod, who grew to be a mighty warrior on the earth.
9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD; that is why it is said, "Like Nimrod, a mighty hunter before the LORD."
10 The first centres of his kingdom were Babylon, Erech, Akkad and Calneh, in Shinar.
11 From that land he went to Assyria, where he built Nineveh, Rehoboth Ir, Calah
12 and Resen, which is between Nineveh and Calah; that is the great city.
13 Mizraim was the father of the Ludites, Anamites, Lehabites, Naphtuhites,
14 Pathrusites, Casluhites (from whom the Philistines came) and Caphtorites.
15 Canaan was the father of Sidon his firstborn, and of the Hittites,
16 Jebusites, Amorites, Girgashites,
17 Hivites, Arkites, Sinites,
18 Arvadites, Zemarites and Hamathites. Later the Canaanite clans scattered
19 and the borders of Canaan reached from Sidon towards Gerar as far as Gaza, and then towards Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboiim, as far as Lasha.
20 These are the sons of Ham by their clans and languages, in their territories and nations.
21 Sons were also born to Shem, whose older brother was Japheth; Shem was the ancestor of all the sons of Eber.
22 The sons of Shem: Elam, Asshur, Arphaxad, Lud and Aram.
23 The sons of Aram: Uz, Hul, Gether and Meshech.
24 Arphaxad was the father of Shelah, and Shelah the father of Eber.
25 Two sons were born to Eber: One was named Peleg, because in his time the earth was divided; his brother was named Joktan.
26 Joktan was the father of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah,
27 Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah,
28 Obal, Abimael, Sheba,
29 Ophir, Havilah and Jobab. All these were sons of Joktan.
30 The region where they lived stretched from Mesha towards Sephar, in the eastern hill country.
31 These are the sons of Shem by their clans and languages, in their territories and nations.
32 These are the clans of Noah's sons, according to their lines of descent, within their nations. From these the nations spread out over the earth after the flood.

Posted on: July 17, 2007, 02:08:35 am
To end this charade InI will list the nations of HAM since this was InI's interest here in this thread..

Ham= CUSH, SEBAH, SABTA, SABTECHA, MIZRAIM, PUT, CANAAN, HAVILAH, RAAMAH, NIMROD, SHEBA, DEDAN, LUDIM, LEAHABIM, PATHRUSIM, CATHTORIM, ANAMIN, NAPHTUHIM, CASLUHIM, PHILISTRIM, ZIDON, JEBUSITE, GARGASHITE, ARKITE, ARVADITE, HAMATHITE, HETH, AMORITE, HINITE, SINITE, ZEMARITE....

NUFF LOVE
Posted on: July 17, 2007, 02:27:43 am
If that list is NOT comprehendible here is the last InI will offer..

And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. 10:11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah, 10:12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city. 10:13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim, 10:14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim. 10:15 And Canaan begat Sidon his first born, and Heth, 10:16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite, 10:17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite, 10:18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad. 10:19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha. 10:6 And the sons of Ham; Cush, and Mizraim, and Phut, and Canaan. 10:7 And the sons of Cush; Seba, and Havilah, and Sabtah, and Raamah, and Sabtechah: and the sons of Raamah; Sheba, and Dedan. 10:8 And Cush begat Nimrod: he began to be a mighty one in the earth. 10:9 He was a mighty hunter before the LORD: wherefore it is said, Even as Nimrod the mighty hunter before the LORD. 10:10 And the beginning of his kingdom was Babel, and Erech, and Accad, and Calneh, in the land of Shinar. 10:11 Out of that land went forth Asshur, and builded Nineveh, and the city Rehoboth, and Calah, 10:12 And Resen between Nineveh and Calah: the same is a great city. 10:13 And Mizraim begat Ludim, and Anamim, and Lehabim, and Naphtuhim, 10:14 And Pathrusim, and Casluhim, (out of whom came Philistim,) and Caphtorim. 10:15 And Canaan begat Sidon his first born, and Heth, 10:16 And the Jebusite, and the Amorite, and the Girgasite, 10:17 And the Hivite, and the Arkite, and the Sinite, 10:18 And the Arvadite, and the Zemarite, and the Hamathite: and afterward were the families of the Canaanites spread abroad. 10:19 And the border of the Canaanites was from Sidon, as thou comest to Gerar, unto Gaza; as thou goest, unto Sodom, and Gomorrah, and Admah, and Zeboim, even unto Lasha. 10:20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations. 10:20 These are the sons of Ham, after their families, after their tongues, in their countries, and in their nations.

Posted on: July 17, 2007, 02:32:18 am
The name of Cush is preserved in Egypt's hieroglyphic inscriptions as Kush, the name referring to the country that lay between the second and third cataracts of the Nile. This same land was later known as Nubia…west coast of the Arabian peninsula…descendants settled on the east coast of Arabia overlooking the Persian Gulf, where their land was known to the pre-Islamic Arabian cosmographers as Hawlan…their settlement on the eastern coast of Arabia…Ptolemy knew them as the Stabaei, and Pliny called them the Messabathi. They settled on the eastern side of the Arabian peninsula. Sabta's name is also preserved in the ancient city of Shabwat, the capital of the Hadramaut…Raamah's descendants settled near to the land of Havilah (see l9) to the east of Ophir (see They are known from other sources to have traded with the children of Zidon  in the city of Tyre
from the north Yemen…main place of settlement was the city that is known today as Al-ula, which lies some 70 miles south-west of modern Taima…One of the chief cities of Assyria was named Nimrud, and the Plain of Shinar, known to the early Syrians as Sen'ar, was itself once known as the Land of Nimrod. Iraqi and Iranian Arabs speak his name with awe even today…Mizraim is still the Israeli name for that nation……the north coast of Africa and gave their name to the nation of Libya…settled in the Nile Delta and he western parts of Egypt, where early records refer to them as the p't'mhw - literally, they of the Delta or Marshland…migrated to Upper Egypt, where the Egyptians recorded their name as the p't'rs (or Ptores), and where they gave their name to the district of Pathros.
the Philistines came from this people…known to the Assyrians as the Palashtu, and to the Greeks as 'he Palaistine' - hence the later name of Palestine…Egypt and North Africa, that is the Mizr…mainland Asia Minor…the name as Put or Punt…The posterity of Canaan settled in the land that was later to be given to Israel…the Mediterranean coast of Canaan, the city of Sidon. Originally known as Zidonians, his posterity were later called Phoenicians…the Khatti, Heth's name was perpetuated in the Hittite capital Hattushash, that is modem Boghazkoy in Turkey…city of Jebus came later to be known as Jerusalem,
Known to the Sumerians as the Martu, and to the Akkadians as the Amurru, this people settled in the land of Canaan…to the east of the river Jordan between Galilee and the Dead Sea…the foothills of Lebanon during the Israelite conquest of Canaan…later known to the Romans as Caesari Libani…close proximity to Arqa (The Phoenicians knew the Sinites as the Usnu; the Assyrians called them the Usana and Siannu; and the Ugaritic tablets refer to them as the 'sn' …Today, it is known as Ruad, and lies north of the bay of Tripoli, about two miles out to sea…known to the Assyrians as the Simirra, and to the Egyptians as the Sumur. The name is still preserved in the modern city of Sumra, just north of Tripoli …The Greeks and Romans subsequently knew the city as Epiphaneia

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2007, 04:34:44 AM »

the sista is just tying to give you the hole background so that you can under stand better.
there is no need to argue.  if you are here to learn about Ras then be prepared to read alot for there is alot to learn.
also maybe you can brake it down, print it out and only read a little at a time. it isn't good to cram any way.
peace.
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

Ras_Growstrong

« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2007, 07:57:24 AM »

You missed the point totally ... and whats cold is you got the nerve to be arrogant ... the curse of Noah has nothing to do with the curse from God ... now deal with the scriptures I mention ... your blasting off trying to make some point that I'm not even speaking on you popped in on me, give thanks and praises

Now, that curse of Noah hype deals with your skin color according to your myth  ... My oracle  states Black people are sleep not that they skin color is black ... See you missed this point, Sista Vee

Sista Vee its you with the "sin in my skin" issue stop projecting your &*(%^$  on me ... your writing is scatter shoots and you miss so much. I don't care how many books you wrote and how many of these fraud ass universities they occupy.

Now you know exactly who the nations of Ham and Shem are but you play the fool and dont even mention them.

Ok now 5 post later you come with the table of nations. Not even in an appropriate list so the peeps could get a good quick comprehension ... Yeah let the people know the real those are Black (People of Color) whatever Nations right ....

Show and prove line by line just like Job sticking to the point.

Ok! So you agree Ham and Shem are Black Nations at least symbolically? For literature sake ... you know, writer stuff, right!

Now

Does the story not say these people are sleep? Jeremiah 51:57 Dont be scared read it. Read all Jeremiah 51 least you be sleep'n on this scripture too

Does the story not say in Jeremiah 2-3 that these people represent the noblest seed on the plant?

Some people just willfuly ignored of the scripture, determined to be sleep.

Thats right Line by line just like Job read'n that lying Bible ... you still ant read it, ha ha ha a cold peice of work you a cold peice of work

Now those questions just a few lines above are basic elementary closed end questions yes no type 50/50 not really sophisticated but penetrate a lot of thought for the sleep to this very day

What did you come up with ... yeah

Lastly .... Nobodies dis'n the Blackman I am the Blackman .... Now get the sand out your eyes --- and spread the good word we can love again and know what happen with our ancestors

Jah Bless,
Easy Star

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2007, 07:21:34 PM »

Ras Grow_Strong

The I is NOT worth InI's time in attempting to Reason with one 'stuck' on the black/white nonsense.  Not everyone here is foolish enough to NOT see that the I is bent on provoking a confrontation.  If NOT with InI it would be with another.  If the I Cannot READ with clear overstanding, InI Cannot help with that.  The manner in which the I Rasponds is clear to everyone with eyes to read here.

InI asked WHO was Rasponding to InI as the I has Characteristics of another who was also Hell bent on created controversy and havoc and the I(or whomever) still has NOT Rasponded.  We are all aware of the process of signing up for a membership at a forum, don't we...  We'll InI's Identity is no secret and can be verified by anyone..  Who ARE YOU?  And why HIDE behind Identities?  Too much Heat from 'other' Identies Bredren.  Doesn't take much to read between the lines.  Ras Nevoe took some heat not so long ago as well, didn't he?  Let's not speak of the others.. 

Bredren, you go on ahead and have yourself a good life and enjoy the Knowledge that the I is Interested in 'teaching' us.  InI will sign off of this topic and wish the I well regardless.  To each his own is what it appears to come down to...

Here is one InI will leave the I with however..

Once while Noah was hard at work, breaking the ground for a vineyard, Satan drew near and inquired what he was doing, "What are you planting?"

Noah: "A vineyard."

Satan: "And what may be the qualities of its fruit?"

Noah: "The fruit it bears is sweet, be it dry or moist. It yields wine that gladdens the heart of man."

Satan: "Let us go into partnership in this business of planting a vineyard."

Noah: "Agreed."

Satan thereupon slaughtered a lamb and then in succession a lion, a pig and monkey, and fertilized the soil with each in turn. Thus Satan conveyed to Noah the qualities of wine. If a man drinks one glass, he is as meek as a lamb; if he drinks two glasses, he is boastful and feels as strong as a lion; if he drinks three or four glasses, then behaves like a monkey, he dances around, sings, talks obscenely and does not know what he is doing; and if he becomes intoxicated, he resembles the pig."

InI prefer to NOT be in ANY of the above situations, hence InI will leave now before InI am drunkened with...well the I gets the idea..

Sistah Vee

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2007, 09:19:41 PM »

Greetings, in the name of the MOST HIGH!...........

InI had a long rasponse to this reasoning (or lack thereof), but I realize I can acheive the same objective by copying and pasting a quotation the sistren Nya blessed us with.

Now, now, now Idren
We seem to have gone off topic here.....
the deteriorating state of the reasoning leads i too quote from this wonderful  book I am reading.....
The Different Drum, The Creation of Community, The first step to world Peace by M.Scott Peck
In response to the most recent posts, let I be open and revealing, no intention to hurt, but sometimes a lance is needed to heal the wound......

"The psychiatrist Eric Berne, in his famous book Games people Play, essentially defined a psychological game as repetitive interaction between two or more individuals in which there is an unspoken payoff.
Although there are analogies between playful games and psychological games, it should be realized that there is always something destructive, about these human interactions. They are miscommunications, they block community. The unspoken payoff means that there is something faintly illicit, hidden, underhand, is going on. There is something ugly about a psychological game that the participants do not want to acknowledge publicly."
"Eric Berne taught us something else about psychological games; the only way to stop playing them is to stop. Although that sounds simple enough-almost redundant-it is one of the most profound truths in human affairs."
And
"The overall purpose of human communication is-or should be-reconciliation. It should ultimately serve to lower or remove the walls and barriers of misunderstanding that unduly separate us humans beings from one another. The word 'ultimately' is important. Confrontive, even angry communication is sometimes necessary to bring into focus the clear reality of those barriers before they can be knocked down. In the process of community-building, for instance, individual differences must  first be allowed to surface and be fought over so that the group can ultimately learn to accept, celebrate, and thereby transcend them.
 But the principal purpose of effective communication needs to be borne in mind. If it is not, the communication becomes task-avoiding. When people confronting each other with their differences loose sight of reconciliation, they begin to act as if their purpose in being "together" is merely to fight with each other. The reality, however, is that the proper task ofcommunication is to create love and harmony among us. It is peacemaking."
I would like to add more to the conversation in regards to the actual topic, but must leave that for later, as tings call I away at present.
I hope this info adds clarity and guidance
Love to you ALL in the name of Jah RastaFarI and Yeshua Emmanuel Christos -two Pillars of One Whole with we in da middle.....
your sis Nyah

JAH BLESSINGS, are INFINITE, lets not WASTE them on FOOLISH arguments. We as RASTAFARIANS are not a "religious group" of people, we are an "Iritual" FAMILY, with JAH as our father, we MUST live as such.

BLESSINGS!!!

Ras Nevoe

« Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:21:18 PM by Ras_Nevoe »
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

sistahvee

• Veteran User
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2007, 10:05:55 PM »

Bless Up Ras Nevoe

Yes Iyah..  Always nice to be reminded of what this fight is really all about.  Much Thanks.  Sistren Nya's words says it all.

Regarding the statement made two posts ago about 'THE SIN OF MY SKIN'..  That book relates the stories of 1,188 Black children being Raped daily by White foreigners visiting their small island in the sun..These little ones have No VOICE of their own and the seven year mission that resulted in that book being available cost many individuals a lot, including their Freedom.  It would be wonderful if when disputing and attempting to get our points accross we remember that the 'innocent' deserve more than our scorn and ignorance. 

Again, Ras Nevoe, thank you Bredren for that reminder.  Any who has been offended by InI's words here, InI humbly apoligize as that was/is not InI's intention. 

Forward Movement.....Jah RasTafari>>>>>>>>>>>King of Kings and Lord of Lords, Conquering Lion of the Tribe of Judah>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee

Molliebaz

• Full User
  • One Love
« Reply #89 on: July 18, 2007, 11:43:56 AM »

Yes Sistah Vee.

Noah and the vineyard - I will remember that one.

Forward on Sistah, Forward on.

One Love.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.