Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: 13 and white  (Read 3572 times)

elias

13 and white
« on: June 08, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »

Bless
don't take me for a fool i know what i'm doing.  i strongly believe this is the culture for me, i have read up about what this culture is about, but how would I get treated if i came out as a rasta, i would be bullied about it right? could you experienced people shed some light about what i should do? please note, i have read and i am taking this seriously, i do smoke marijuana from time to time but thats not the reason, the reason is that i believe strongly in this culture, i know for one my family wouldn't take it well but it's my choice.  please shed some light

elias

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
Re: 13 and white
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 03:39:07 AM »

You would be surprised Bredda.
When yah   focus on yah Inner Light/sun/heart/love/Guidance and liverty of Rasta, yah quiet strength will protect yah lot betta than widout it.
Yah trust Jah to protect and Guide.
being true to Self takes courage but life itself takes courage!
We often live quiet and humble so as not to get snared in babylon too much, but Jah works include standing up and speaking out bout injustice and making a difference - righteous action!. I know you know dis!
All you hafe do is be yourself Bred!
Yah community is what yah need too, seek out ones of love, but no need to convert, just develop spiritually and fear will turn to Love and courage!
Jah will Guide yah fe true!
just trust yah Guidance more than anything and learn everting yah can!
I mean how to live without Babylon pollutants and how to overcome to become so strong in Jah!
Your faith and love will guide yah, I and I know!
One Love and joyous freedom in love with JahLove!!!!
NYAH
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Tarantula

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 12:08:39 PM »

ah, i was in your exact same position 3 years ago bruda (i was 13, now 15).

What you need to do is study the culture to the core, and actually find belief if you can in Jah. Marijuana... pfft... you shouldnt be smoking such at your age. I did and it gave I mental health problems but it took matter of years to come back to light. You dont need marijuana to gain entrance into Jahs wisdom and light. You were made on this earth, if you were suppose to consume marijuana then it would be strapped onto you as a baby bred.

But it is a holy sacrament at any cost and used for prayer... So do what you will. What you need is to read the holy scriptures bred and gain wisdom in the teachings of Rastafari. This will aid you well, i suggest this forum for a start. I has learnt so much from here.

I hope I post helped bred, if so please contact me at ras_matthew_ballard@hotmail.co.uk.

Also add me on msn on that too if you have such.

jah bless bred :D

most high

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2007, 07:24:47 AM »

Bless
don't take me for a fool i know what i'm doing.  i strongly believe this is the culture for me, i have read up about what this culture is about, but how would I get treated if i came out as a rasta, i would be bullied about it right? could you experienced people shed some light about what i should do? please note, i have read and i am taking this seriously, i do smoke marijuana from time to time but thats not the reason, the reason is that i believe strongly in this culture, i know for one my family wouldn't take it well but it's my choice.  please shed some light

elias

Take up self defense! Find a good dojo and stick it out.What ever they tell you your own heritage is ALL BAD doesn't rest on some preconceived master plan so BE PROUD and big it up!

elias

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »

I fight for british karate anyway mate :D

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2007, 08:42:57 PM »

dont worry about what others say do it because its true brethren . ask your self "if there was no ganja,no reggae music and no hair 2 dread would u still be a rasta?"     ;)
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

EmpressE

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 03:42:11 PM »

Bless Elias,
You will always pay a price for turning on the right road.
When I told my family my beliefs and my choice of religion-
They took all they could from me, and it's still hard to this
day.  But once I became completely open and told them they
couldn't change my strong beliefs, they found they couldn't
do anything more and now I'm living how Jah intended.
My fathers a pastor and every day I go through lectures of
how I'm going the wrong way and not living right.  But that
just makes me stronger in Jah Rastafari.

I hope you get something out of this, and now I feel for you
because I too go through the same thing, along with many
others you'll meet here.  Jah never said the road to Zion would be
easy, but would be difficult and we would make sacrifices-but it
all is worth it in the end, brethren (:

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:24:57 PM »

very true sista. Jah bless and guide you all on the hard journey to Mt. Zion. ;)
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

elias

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 07:56:09 PM »

Bless
Bless to people like tarantula empresse and all dem people who av helped me to where i am now. I have come a long way from den, learnt alot more bout di whole culture, read certain things, listened, learnt, rastafari is for me, i will continue to learn and grow more,
 Elias

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 03:04:24 AM »

Yah know what Bob say
"many people will fight yah down, when yah see Jah Light".......
It is so nice to have a place where people overstand what I and I are going thru...in terms of the sometimes "burden" Jah places on we as rasta people....is a burden I wouldn't give up tho, for His Love is more important to I and I!!!!!!
as Ijahman Levi sings "Iiiiiiiii got to carry Jah load, heavy, heavy load...."
But HIM and Yeshua help I carry it, I only hafe be open and receptive and sometimes ask.......I and I will always receive, for HIM told I this in person! well in spirit.....but it was HIM, and then in His Book also....
what He asks of us is big but he neva make it too hard, always there to help and guide I and I
I and I Love HIM!!!!!!
thank HIM!!!!!!!
His blessings abound and are more than compensation for the difficulties I and I must endure this day....
One Love mi Idren
and thanks for being here to help I on I way....
JahLove for Iva!!!!!!
your sistah in Rasta
Nyah
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

traveller

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2007, 09:17:09 PM »

truth is powerful.  we live in a world of lies.  just be true- and like minded people who are also true will find you and you will find them.  This is what I believe.  Dont let others bring you down.  If you believe in love and peace at a young age I believe you are wiser than your years.  keep on keepin on.

Juancito

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 12:53:13 PM »

Truth is indeed powerful. And the truth is becoming a rasta to piss off your parents and be cool is to live a lie. If theres things you admire about the Rastafarians that you see lacking in your own life or background (such as compassion and strength)  you can develop these chararacteristics in your own life whithout doing a silly half assed rasta impression and talking funny and growing yoour hair into dreads. If you want to respect Rastas and people of other cultures then respect yourself first. And if you want to find out whether A white man can really be a rasta then i suggest you dont look for the answer here online where everyone could be pretending , go and talk to some real life BLACK rastas in Person face to face and see what they have to say.
I admire Rastas but I will never be one becuase Rastafarianism was born in Jamaica and was born out of a hoistry of slavery and oppresion by white colonialists and our ancestors were not caribean slaves. So good luck young one and in your search for who you are and your beliefs look inside and you will find everything you need - but you will see no rasta. Oh and stay away from the weed, although cannibis is indeed a sacred plant, all the so called "white rastas" I have known did not treat it as a sacrament but as a drug which they abused. I know a "white rasta" who seems to think being a rasta is just sitting around smoking weed and wasting his life. He has a maths degree which he never uses. He uses the Rastafarian religion as an excuse to do nothing except moan about the "shitstem" whilst claiming his dole money. He is a selfish privelidged middleclass whiteboy - what an insult to the true Rastafarians !
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 01:01:55 PM by Juancito »

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »

Jauncito.  Again with the judgement.  JAHGuide I an I.  Bless
I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.

Juancito

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »

Jauncito.  Again with the judgement.  JAHGuide I an I.  Bless

Yeah you could be right humble. I guess sometimes I open my mouth without thinking. Kudos to you for responding so patiently ! Ill have to find out more before opinioning again. Apologies for being rude. I still think some of what I say is correct but I also believe a white man could be a rasta because thats what a black rasta told me this afternoon, so I guess i was wrong. But theres got to be more too it than smoking pot and listeng to reggae eh ?

Humble_yet_strong

• Full User
  • RasTaFarI is the Almighty, Celestial Powers
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 09:55:43 PM »

Greetings and Blessings to all I an I.  Bless up bredda Jauncito, dont worry, all I an I have much to learn and correct about Iselves.  I an I must be conscious of thought, and open minded towards others.  Remember negativity breeds just negativity.  To move forward I an I must be positive, even in the face of despair.  Read Haile Selassie I's speeches and learn from the King, to point you in the right direction, so the I can put across the I's opinion with better knowledge and overstanding.  It is how I an I must be however bredren, is patient.  If I an I allow things to disrupt I spiritual calm, I man am not preserving I Temple.  This too comes with time.  It is ok, I man accept the I's apology for its genuinity and humbleness.  But I overstand why the I responded like this, so no offence taken.  OneLove Idren.  Some of what the I says may well be correct, I an I have different opinions and interpretations of JAH, so sharing is the way to further I an I wisdom.  White man can be Rasta, but Rasta is not bound to the confines of the words meaning.  "White Rasta".  There is no definition of colour to a Rasta, Ras is Ras.  Colour is beauty and diversity, its overcoming steriotypes and such to attain an overstanding of Creation.  I an I are all from creation.  White man can be and are Rastafari, but must be aware of the Livication and the original movement, aware of history, aware of the Truth of the past and present.  All of what I man have said is only just skimming the surface.  There is sooooooooooooooooooooo  much more to Rastafari than just reggae music and smoking GanJah, but to many in mainstream society-there isnt.  These are illusions I an I must break down, remember truth, equal rights, and justice for ALL. 

I advice Idren is read, read, read, and read some more.  Listen to others, and reason slowly at first.  Get a Bible, pray, meditate.  Do everything the I can, and find JAH in the I's heart.  If the I asks JAH, he will provide.

Blessings again to all.

JAHGuide I an I.

Hotep
I an I are in Revelation time, prepare the youth.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.