Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Rasta and not believing in Jesus as Christ  (Read 11297 times)

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
Rasta and not believing in Jesus as Christ
« on: July 29, 2007, 04:43:12 PM »

Greeting Blessed Family, Idren of Selassie I.

I&I have observed that some on dis forum including Human I and I-self,   nah believe inna Jesus as the Messiah.
I&I nah know how the others dem who nah believe in Jesus deal wit this,   but my faith could be characterized as Messianic Judaism. And Haile Selassie I is JAH ALMIGHTY and CHRIST/Messiah in ONE person.

I wondered how many in dis forum, has non-christian beliefs?, and how you others (non-christian ras) deal wit all dis? How do you speak fi dis belief?

And then Iman read an Haile Selassie I interview, where He glorify Jesus. Me nah overstand dat, so thanks fi guiding, if you have a clue.

Let me state that i'm not interested in being convinced that christianity is the "right way," so if you are a christian missionary, please don't write pieces from the new testament that says I'm wrong in I faith, or writing "you cyaan be ras without Jesus," because,  I&I nah care about dat statement (and statements alike) generally because mi nah believe it.

Ites and Blessings,
Ras Adam

EmpressE

Re: Rasta and not believing in Jesus as Christ
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 05:06:18 PM »

Bless brethren in JAH,

H.I.M Selassie I, did point IandI to Yashua (Jesus) to follow his teachings, in the Bible, Yashua taught many parables that can account and relate to so many problems IandI face in this world today. Being as humble as Selassie I was, of course he pointed out to follow a man of great integrity in our history, just like he is.

The way the I looks at it, Yashua was just apart of Christ, many rastas do not call Christ by "Jesus" because we do not follow Yashua alone. The best way IandI has heard it explained to me and as hard as it is to grasp sometime, "Christ" is larger title then one man. JAH, Yashua, Haile Selassie I. IandI think that Yashua was there to lead people till he died, and IandI believe JAH sent Selassie I to continue his works on a journey to Zion. Thats how IandI few "Christ" as JAH in two people at two different times, IandI think rastas follow Selassie I more because he kind of wrapped teachings up in a way if that makes any sense?

IandI still learning every day, and this comes with much reading and meditation to I, anyways. I not very good at explaining things, even though I grasp it myself but thats something I work on with JAH.
I pray this will help atleast a bit and open a new way for your soul to see clearly.

Bless

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 06:46:24 PM »

To declare that one does not believe in Jesus Christ is a DIRECT CONTRADICTION of the WORDS of the Emperor. Until any I's can reconcile themselves with this FACT, they should be aware that their speech in that regard is detrimental to the Rastafari Movement, And only after this is acknowledged and desisted from will I attempt to explain more fully the reasoning's of His Majesty.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »

Bless Up Ras Adam

That's a 'BIG' question the I has asked and one that often brings forth a lot of debate and even hostility Ilieve it or not.  In the case of InI, the 'JESUS' subject started to invade InI's mind very early.  InI grew up with a church eight feet away from InI's bedroom in the yard of InI's home where InI's Grams (Grandmother) was the leader, known as 'Mother' and who had received much teaching in the 'mysteries'.  So InI was bombarded with 'JESUS' topics from an early age.  InI's questioning also began very early as well.  Then as InI got older and wiser and able to do InI's own Research in libraries things started falling into place for InI.  Around the same time Ini started having a facination with RasTafari. 

InI started to learn about Great African Scholars like Yosef Ben-Jochannan and Ivan van Sertimer and InI was hooked on knowledge and learning all there was to learn about the Blackman and his orgins.  Hence the entrance of InI's Jesus Project.  This is where InI searched out Anything and Everything ever written about the man called Jesus.  When InI learned that, "IN the fifth century, women in Europe were dying because doctors there did not know how to perform caesarean sections. The European doctors had to turn to their African counterparts to learn the proper method." “They didn’t know [about] antiseptic,” he( van Sertimer) said of doctors in Europe at the time.  And that, "Eventually, European doctors visited African practitioners to see where they were going wrong. “They found that Africans washed their hands in palm wine,” said the anthropologist. “Palm wine was antiseptic.” Ancient Africans also developed anaesthetics, a vaccine for small pox and medicine for hypertension, and could treat diarrhoea and psychotic disorders."  Well Iyah, InI started questioning EXACTLY WHAT DID THEY KNOW about this man called Christ and HOW MUCH of what they said could be Ilieved.  InI learned that, “The most advanced astronomical observatory found dates back to 300 years BC” “There were seven stones pointing at seven stars.” The ancients saw that the number seven featured prominently in creation, he said, and so concluded that the number was somehow important to God. “God seemed to express himself in sevens,” said Van Sertima. “There are seven parts of the eye, seven layers of skin, seven holes in the body. “Seven was significant to the Africans and the Egyptians. Jesus knew that – he grew up in Egypt. Remember, ‘Out of Egypt I called My Son’?
Then InI learned from much studies that indeed Jesus was not ‘Jesus Christ’, but rather He was Jesus, the Christ, or ‘Krist’ [which], in Egyptian, means ‘anointed one’.

"All faith is FALSE, all faith is TRUE
TRUTH is the shattered mirrors strewn
In myriad bits; while each BELIEVES
his LITTLE BIT the whole to own"   
(From: “The Kasidah of Haji Abu el-Yezdi”; as translated by Sir Richard F. Burton)

So InI started to read up and learn about the Great Aristotle .  InI found that Aristotle surmised that philosophy first arose in Egypt because the priesthood there had leisure. With the geographical correctness of this statement we are not concerned, but Aristotle’s reasons for making it are significant. In the first place he lays down one of the conditions necessary to philosophic specification. The Egyptian priesthood, he tells us, had leisure. Philosophy requires time—time to wonder and meditate and make our guess about the inner constitution of the world.  InI found that he was indeed a very Wise man if indeed he did exist.  It turned out that "Freedom to think to Egypt and other Nile Valley nations had the climate of peace which Greece seldom experienced by virtue of the wars the Greeks engaged in during the period of so-called Greek Philosophy. Greek life was nothing but TRAGIC from Thales to Aristotle: the “philosopher.”At this point it is necessary to note that the first “Greek Philosopher,” Thales [ca. 600 B.C.], existence is questionable. We need not labor on the proof, as all of the Greek and other European chroniclers of antiquity have agreed his origin, as existence, is doubtful; so as most of the others that preceded Sokrates. Throughout Professor James’ Stolen Legacy this is clearly stated and documented."

InI set out to read and Overstand so critical a scholarly work... It became obvious that "We must, if we are to understand “African Roots of Western Civilization”!  Then InI learned of     Isis’ IMMACULATE CONCEPTION, at least 4100 years before Mary’s [which was less than 1981 years ago], deals with a very deep philosophical and theosophical concept in teachings that originated in the Grand Lodge of Luxor’s MYSTERIES SYSTEM. The text reads that after Osiris’ CRUCIFIXION, DEATH and BURIAL he “AROSE ON The THIRD DAY” and “BECAME THE RULER OF THE DEAD” [Godfrey Higgins’ ANACALYPSIS, Vol. II, p. 122]. During this period Isis, the mother of Horus, and her sister Nephthys, guarded the body of Osiris [Veronica Ions’ EGYPTIAN MYTHOLOGY, p. 133]. The philosophical dimension in this episode comes as Isis began to restore Osiris back to life by the powers given her by Thoth [J. Gwyn Griffith’s The Origins of Osiris, p. 4], the moment of the “CONCEPTION OF HORUS”; AND THUS The Holy of Sacred Scripture from the OSIRIAN DRAMA where Osiris states:

Your sister comes to you, joyous through her love for you. You have her placed upon your phallus. Your sperm enters her, so that she is like Sothis. It is Horus-Sopd who comes out of you as Horus who is also Sothis. You have become a glorious spirit through him in his name Djenderowbarque. He saves you in his name of Horus-the-son-who-saves-his father.   

InI paid extra attention to the source of the FATHER, SON and HOLY GHOST/SPIRIT basic philosophical concept adopted in the theology of the Judaeo-Christian Religion for the god JESUS-the Christ.
Further assessments on the Judaeo-Christian philosophical and theosophical teachings about the “IMMACULATE CONCEPTION OF MARY” and the “VIRGIN BIRTH OF JESUS,” or any of the other “FIFTEEN CRUCIFIED SAVIOURS” [Kersey Braves’ The Sixteen Crucified Saviors], took InI on a journey to Overstand the continuation will only created more questions  about “RESURRECTION, IMMORTALITY” and “DEIFICATION,” etc, already solved in the [Book Of The Dead and Papyrus of Ani] of the African Mysteries System.
The earliest gods and messiahs on all the continents were black. Research has yielded an impressive amount of material on the subject... The Messiahs, some of whom lived many centuries before Christ, had lives which so closely paralleled that of Christ that it seems most likely that the story of the latter was adapted from them. Moreover, the word Christ comes from the Indian, Krishna or Chrisna, which means "The Black One."

InI have also come to realize in InI's studies that Jesus was and still is many things to many people. "To Christians he is a part of the Godhead, the Son of God, the Son of Man, the Prince of Peace, the Word made flesh, the messiah of Jewish expectations. Hence, through his trials, sufferings, temptations, death and resurrection, He provides for the remission of sins, redemption and life eternal for those who follow his teachings and accept him as their personal saviour." To InI, JESUS IS ONE of the world's 16 crucified saviors -- the last of them, InI Ilieve - whose lives fit an almost identical pattern from the time of Horus in 4100 B.C. (according to the most ancient beliefs, he was the first crucified saviour) to the time of Judas Christas (Christ the anointed) in the pre-Christian era. "In essence, the life that Jesus purportedly led, the activities in which he engaged, his teachings, his trials and sufferings and eventual death and resurrection, are identical to those of Horus and Osiris (two ancient Egyptian gods) and the other 14 crucified saviours. Now Iyah, though InI am aware that this statement is potentially shocking to the mass of Ilievers, RasTafarians certainly, IT is nevertheless common knowledge to scholars.
So, to InI and many who study dillegiently, Jesus and the Ilief system that HE represents are thus a reappearance of one of..." the most beautiful ideas of the ancient black Africans of Ta-Merry - now called Egypt - which represented the eternal Father by the ever- coming Son, as in the Child Horus. This was the child of a mother who was the eternal virgin. The doctrines of the Incarnation, i.e., the word made flesh: the virgin birth, the resurrection, the Father-God who is identical to his own son and other doctrines..." (Ilieved to be specifically Christian) were Egyptian long before there was even the Icept of Adam and Eve, Judaism, Christianity and Islam and all the others.
Posted on: July 29, 2007, 08:48:55 pm
InI also learned that one must be able to back-up one's opinions and/or views when making such STRONG statement.  Hence InI will direct the I to  the Eschatology of the Egyptians wher e there is found a TRINITY and a UNITY, and the Egyptians truly Ilieved in punishment as well as everlasting happiness. "Not surprisingly, then, the doctrine of everlasting life and the belief in the resurrection of the "Spiritual Body" are, according to Dr. Albert Churchward (author of Signs and Symbols of Primordial Man, Origins of Freemasonry, The Origin And Evolution of Religion, The Origin And Evolution of The Human Race, etc.) "the brightest and most prominent features of the Egyptian religion, and this we find was their belief before the time of the first king of the first dynasty." The general teachings and cosmological world view of the Egyptians eventually filtered down and provided the foundation for later so-called 'Western Religions,' i.e., Judaism, Christianity and Islam. This point is thoroughly documented by the brilliant and prolific African scholar, Dr. Josef ben-Jochannan, in an epic work, African Origins of the Major Western Religions. These teachings were handed down to the Essenes (a mythical Jewish sect in pre-Christian times) who were responsible for the development of many of the teachings and concepts attributed to Jesus.
There is no doubt in InI's mind or Irit  that Jesus was an Essene. Essene doctrine is directly traceable to its African-Egyptian roots. In short, Jesus was one of the world's 16 crucified saviours whose Iliefs and teachings were founded on the doctrines and principles of the ancient African Mystery System, and the events of his life directly parallel those of Horus (the first crucified saviour), who lived at least 4100 years before Christ. For example, Horus was born of a virgin (immaculate conception), he disappeared at age 12 and reappeared at 30; he died at age 33 and descended into Hell. On the third day, he arose again and ascended into Heaven to sit on the right hand of his father, etc. Horus was cut into 14 pieces; Jesus was stabbed fourteen times. Horus' mother could find only one piece of him, his penis, and so she built obelisks in his memory. Jesus had the same phallic symbol associated with him, i.e., he had no sexual relations (at least after the conference of Nicene in 325 A.D.). So it becomes quite clear to InI that Jesus and the other world saviours are copies of Horus. Their biographical facts are the same; only the names have changed.
To be specific, there is a twenty-one year period ofJesus' life that is completely unaccounted for in the Gospel. These 21 years, InI would argue, are of critical importance in Overstanding who Jesus was as well as the source, inspiration and eventual development of his message and ministry. :"The fact is that not only Jesus but also John the Baptizer and some of Jesus' disciples were taught, by Egyptian priests, some of the fundamentals of the African Mystery System which later, through adaptations and distortions, became the foundation for what is now known as Christianity in its various forms and manifestations."
The fact that Jesus was an initiate in the African Mystery System; that Jesus was taught and did study at various subsidiary lodges of the Grand Lodge of Luxor in Africa and elsewhere (i.e. Tibet, India, etc.) The fact that it was in Africa that Jesus became acquainted with the Essenes, who were largely responsible for much of the teachings credited to Jesus."
Then came the fact thatJesus was a Black man, and there are numerous early paintings, statues and icons that graphically depict both Mary and Jesus as Black people. According to Godfrey Higgins (author of the monumental historical document Anacalypsis), who visited the cathedrals of Europe before the anti-religious period of the French Revolution, all the madonnas and Christ-childs were depicted as black: "In all the Romish countries of Europe, in France, Italy, Germany, etc., the God, Christ, as well as his mother are described in the old pictures to be black.
How could a group of people simultaneously proclaim and practice white racism and justify slavery under the guise of bringing the message of Christianity to the 'heathens' or 'pagan black savages' in Africa - and at the same time tell the truth that Jesus was a Black man and that in fact Christianity started in Africa, where Panteus and Boteus reported that Jesus was born in a cave in Ethiopia? And that it was not until the Nicene conference that Jesus' birthplace was changed to a stable in Bethlehem
InI also learned that at least 18 books -- including the book of Mary -- "that were part of the Koin Bible (the original Bible up to that point) were removed from the canons. Furthermore, many of the ancient African teachings, including the concept of reincarnation, were removed from Christianity. And it was at this time that they put into the new Bible the ancient African concept of the Immaculate Conception.
As InI started verifying this it became clear that  the history of the Holy Bible, or "HOLY SCRIPTURE AS WRITTEN BY GOD INSPIRED SCRIBES," was NOT what InI had been taught as a child.....   InI DID NOT KNOW that all of the BIBLES we use were the works of various writers, both men and women; but mostly men. And that all of the WORKS or BOOKS were compiled into what is today our various VERSIONS of "HOLY BIBLES" or "HOLY SCROLLS." InI had also failed to realize that the BIBLES we use today are the result of a period of hundreds of REVISIONS and TRANSLATIONS that cover approximately two thousand four-hundred and ninety-five [2,495] years—from ca. 700 B.C. [BCE] to 1973 A.D. [CE]. Yet all in this period was preceded by much more earlier fundamentals created and developed by indigenous African People. These later on became the basic teachings of Judaism, and then Christianity. For even Moses, the father of the OLD TESTAMENT, was an African who used much of the ancient teachings of his fellow Africans of the Nile River [BLUE and WHITE] and Great Lakes regions Mysteries System of Northeast and Central-East Africa he allegedly passed down to other African Jews that converted them into what later became the PENTATEUCH or OLD TESTAMENT [Five Books Of Moses or Holy Torah].

The very first "BIBLE" or "SCROLL" on record produced by man, with regards to paying honour and divine respect to a "CREATOR OF ALL MANKIND," was that of the African People of the Nile Valley and Great Lakes regions of Central, East and Northeast Africa. They were no different than the Africans we see today in the Harlems and Timbuctoos of the entire world we erroneously call: "NEGROES, COLORED FOLKS" and "BLACK PEOPLE" today. It was called by its African creators and developers..."THE BOOK OF THE COMING FORTH BY DAY AND BY NIGHT."

It was translated from its original Hieroglyphic Text into the English language by many Europeans since the latter part of the 19th Century A.D. The easiest one to read is called... "THE [Egyptian] "BOOK OF THE DEAD.", This translation was done by Sir Ernest A. Wallis Budge, and published in London, England during the year 1895 A.D. Since the ORIGINAL BIBLE was produced by the Africans approximately 3,400 years before the OLD TESTAMENT, and more than 4,200 years before the NEW TESTAMENT, countless VERSIONS of it have been written and published.

Hence this is how InI EXPLAIN InI's Iliefs regarding JESUS being GOD, or the ONE and ONLY Messiah.  InI DID NOT come to this desicion overnight.  It took many years of Research and Study, much Soul Searching and a Free and Open Mind willing to Accept the Truth regardless of whether it fitted the Truth InI was taught early on. There is MUCH more InI base InI's opinion of Jesus on, however the point InI have shared with the I was the beginning for InI.  InI am NOT interested in ARGUING the Facts one way or the other.  This is just the way things ARE and has Been. Ones get caught up Arguing what they PERSONALLY Ilieve the way thing SHOULD be ACCORDING TO THEM Not on Reality when discussing Jesus and that is where the Hostility comes from, NOT from the Facts. This DOES NOT in any manner go against the Teachings of H.I.M. as InI REVERE JESUS the CHRIST as H.I.M. did and will Itinue to do so. 

Nuff love

Sistah Vee

To he who much is given, much is required

ke

• Veteran User
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 08:11:12 PM »

InI believe that rastafarI is god but I don't know what the I means about how I deal with it.
can you explain?
"each one teach one"-M1 from Dead Prez

EmpressE

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 10:10:09 PM »

Bless sistren and brethrens.
Elijah brethren though your point is true, some Is are not as educated yet. I too am always learning, and IandI need to remember to be kind with our points and not harsh to bring them by.

And Ke, PM me if I wants to further talk about this.

Bless

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2007, 02:35:49 AM »

Sistren I really don't see what education has to do with it. Mis-Education maybe?

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 03:35:04 AM »

Bless Up Empress E

Every religion has an esoteric aspect where the Ancient Wisdom  is preserved for those who are Iritually awakened and prepared to receive higher revelations. Teachings of Deity cannot be confined or limited to a single book, tradition, or teacher. Revelation is a continuous process that meets the growing Iritual and psychological needs of humanity

Just as the lesson of the "prodigal son," in the Ible, humanity answers to God's call to return Home by initially being obedient to the unfolding Iritual "conscience," or the "still small voice" of the Ipirit. Religions were established to foster this growth--not to enforce and educate a false conscience based on man-made interpretations of the Word of Jah, but to awaken within the soul that which is already inherent and supra-natural. This was recognized by Socrates who, with his unique system of inquiry, sought to awaken the souls of his listeners to "recollect" Truth.

Pure religious precepts direct men and womben to free themselves from the creation of a sense of limitation and negativity in all expressions--in thought and behavior, for these hinders the voice of the Iirit from making its presence felt--and consequently, the delay of the Iritual evolution of the indwelling Soul.

Enforced religious dogmas programs in us a state of being where we no longer have any personal desire to commit theological "sin," of which consequence is the rise of a sense of morbid guilt and fear in their violation or non-obedience; this unnatural psychological condition prevents the Christ photonic-energies from penetrating the lower aspects of the microcosm. It is to the voice of the Iirit and the scripture of the Heart that one should pay heed, not to the confused interpretations of the minds of men.

"Behold, I (the Christ-force) stand at the door ("Sahasrara" chakra, or crown psychic-center), and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Rev:3:20)"

Essentially, the purpose of exoteric religion is to prepare us psychologically for the pursuit of the greater metaphysical mysteries where we are taught to transcend our mortal state of being in mind, body, and soul, and to acknowledge and identify ourselves with the Truth of our inner nature. Esotericism is the "meat" of the Ipirit in contrast to the "milk" of exoteric religious precepts meant for infants aspiring to the Iiritual path. In Islam, the heavier nourishment symbolised by meat is referred to as "Hakikat" and "Marifat" or in Christianity as "Gnosis." Judaism knows it as the "Kaballah" while in Hinduism it is the "Gupta Vidya." "Vajrayana" and its teachings is the Buddhist equivalent to the esoteric side of the Semitic religions.

Christianity, like so many other traditions, was influenced by various foreign elements--not only Judaism, and Buddhism, but also by the various Mystery Schools existing in the several centuries prior to and after its establishment... When we realize these basic principals of Truth and the Truth Jesus the Christ/ANNOINTED taught we are on our way to Greater Overstanding and Enlightenment. 

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:38:23 AM by sistahvee »
To he who much is given, much is required

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 04:47:02 AM »

An Individual must enforce a Religious Dogma to become whole.

Ras_Nevoe

• "Da Prophet"
  • Senior User
  • Certified V.O.R.(Victim of Racism)
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 05:24:51 AM »

An Individual must enforce a Religious Dogma to become whole.

Welcome back, Elijah I

I hope this time the I can reason with I and I, with out getting bogged down by meaningless conflict.

I was wondering, in your signature it says "Tribe of Melchezidek".

are you a member of this order?

Can the I, enlight InI about this order of Rastafari?

what are their beliefs/principles/teachings/traditions/ etc.?

Blessings!!

Ras Nevoe
"Everyone is crying out for peace, non is crying out for JUSTICE."--- Peter Tosh

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 05:58:05 AM »

Thanks Nevoe,

I man could never be burdened by RASTAFARI, though it is true that ones here have often presented a challenge.  Actually my signature says Tribe of Judah, Order of Melchizedek, Of which I and I are high priest, Causing your request that I "enlighten I and I about it" to be absurd. All questions regarding the principles etc. of the order of Melchizedek can be answered through observance of the living legacy of HIM Halie Selassie I and is my only answer to you at present in that regard.

One Love

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 09:41:10 AM »

Give Thanks fi di answers, sistren & brethren.
But I'm not interested in "Jesus is the right way, you are wrong or mis-educated," as Iman wrote in I first post.
I'm more interested in any other "non-christian"-rastafari-beliefs, who has something wise to say bout it.
Is there any?

Again, Iman think it is funny, dat mankind use to say "you nah overstand" or "you are immature" or "you don't know the truth," when dem a confronted wit another way of faith or another lifestyle. Humankind likes to "*know the mature truth*" so they can say it to those, who nah believe the same.
Not because Iman a against you or what you say,      you must just overstand dat we have our trods in life, and I&I nah consider to be christian, though I am a serious, humble, and in I own sight - not immature Ras.

There is many factors that is the reason that Iman nah believe in Jesus. Fx. Iman nah think dat "the new testament" is not trustworthy, Iman nah feel Jesus, Iman nah believe dat Jesus is the man that is prophesied inna Tanakh (old testament) and other factors, but this is not what were talking bout.

(I will first come back inna few days)
Raspect & Upfullness
JAH RasTafari

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »

Give Thanks fi di answers, sistren & brethren.
But I'm not interested in "Jesus is the right way, you are wrong or mis-educated," as Iman wrote in I first post.
I'm more interested in any other "non-christian"-rastafari-beliefs, who has something wise to say bout it.
Is there any?

Again, Iman think it is funny, dat mankind use to say "you nah overstand" or "you are immature" or "you don't know the truth," when dem a confronted wit another way of faith or another lifestyle. Humankind likes to "*know the mature truth*" so they can say it to those, who nah believe the same.
Not because Iman a against you or what you say,      you must just overstand dat we have our trods in life, and I&I nah consider to be christian, though I am a serious, humble, and in I own sight - not immature Ras.

There is many factors that is the reason that Iman nah believe in Jesus. Fx. Iman nah think dat "the new testament" is not trustworthy, Iman nah feel Jesus, Iman nah believe dat Jesus is the man that is prophesied inna Tanakh (old testament) and other factors, but this is not what were talking bout.

(I will first come back inna few days)
Raspect & Upfullness
JAH RasTafari

But still...how can the I follow Ras Tafari and not belief in Yeshua as the Christ as prophesied in Micha 5?
If the I does not believe in Yeshua as the Christ, than the I does not believe HIM words? Or does the I have a different explanation of HIM words? Can the I enlighten InI?

EmpressE

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 02:49:16 PM »

Bless Lionheart,

IandI agree with the I.
Is cannot have one without the other.

And if I's took anything IandI said as I don't believe in Christ or any of that, IandI apologize for you taking it wrong. I didn't mean "uneducated" as in ignorant but more still learning.

Guidance and protection to you all
I

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 03:41:54 PM »

I respect Selassie and not worship him, therefore for me personally I can have my difference of opinion when it comes to the subject of Christianity and his belief in Jesus.  I don't care if people label me Rasta or not Rasta or anything of the sort, I see many great things in Selassie and have learned many valuable traits and ways to see the world and politics by his examples, but, I have my serious doubts as to the authenticity of the Jesus as portrayed in the bible, which seems to be the only book he is in. For me a God needing to send his "only begotten son" to earth to die a horrible death for supposed sins of humanity because of eating a fruit which simply opened the eyes of humanity to know right from wrong is ludicrus to me.  I don't believe in a devil flying jesus up to mountain tops, dead decomposing corpses rising from the graves and walking into cities, walking on water, feeding thousands from some fish and bread, raising dead people back to life as portrayed in the bible.  To me those who wrote those stories (whoever they were) were not stupid men writing such non-sense as to be believed literally, but, wrote them to portray something deeper and more profound so it would be universal and capture the essence of a deeper meaning behind the story.  I believe this meaning is of a astro-theological as well as Initiation description being told, not a real man.  I believe it is what is called anthropromorphism and it is what the ancient writers did to explain to people ideas, concepts, laws of nature and the constellations and there movements in the sky by personifying them.  Some here say you cant follow Selassie if you dont believe exactly what he believed, so you say not me and I don't follow you.  Remember if you do believe in Jesus even his disciples had there differences of opinion.  I have read many books on Jesus and spent a long time researching the story to find personal answers to questions I had during my life and for me I have come to this opinion and I respect others opinions if they see differently.  I have learned many great attributes from Selassie and highly respect him for his humbleness as well as bravery during crucial times, I have learned to open my eyes to see how politics can be used for the betterment of people if done properly, I have leaned to see humans for what they are as a whole and not for color or class which Selassie taught me more than any other man, all these things and so much more I learned to a deeper sense after I came aquainted with His Majesty and it bothers me not in the least when people say you can't follow Selassie if you dont follow him to the "T".  To be honest many call  themselves Rasta, but, they dont "Follow" Selassie, they follow the old so called traditional beliefs of other Rastas and the old hearsay pertaining to Selassie.  Selassie had nothing to do with dreadlocks, herb, reggae, ital living etc, etc.  All those things are good and bring a sense of closeness to earth and the "ONE" but they are part of the traditional beliefs associated with Selassie.  Selassie was dealing with important life changing situations on a lage scale.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 21 queries.