Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Rasta and not believing in Jesus as Christ  (Read 11296 times)

prophet777

• Senior User
Re: Rasta and not believing in Jesus as Christ
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »

Negus

Well said. But there was indeed a "Jesus." At least a "Christ." There were many of them !

Saviours is them "REAL" name...meaning of them "names."

People that showed modern and even historical mankind which way to follow. People that have left such a great impact on this world like no other can...through what they have done. They themselves may not have been perfect but, the impression they have left on us is "the example/examples" we should be living in.

Now I am not talking about the likes of Ceasar, Hitler, Pope, or Mussolonni - cause them left the devil impact that still exist....due to those who follow them.

I am talking about the righteous examples. The same examples that will conquer all....eventually. Wether them like it or not.

prophet7
« Last Edit: August 03, 2007, 08:43:23 PM by prophet777 »
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2007, 11:44:16 PM »

Greetings Sistren & Brethren.
This is very interesting. The I's answers to I quest-ions is very interesting.
First and foremost Iman would like to thank Human & Negus fi wisdom dat I&I asked for.
Iman now have some questions again:

@Human I:
It may sound, in your way of talking bout His Majesty, dat He is a "normal" humanbeing, and not JAH ALMIGHTY. Is dat right observed? (just because I'm interested)

@Negus I:
So you nah believe dat Jesus is our saviour and JAHs son? You believe in him as a newer version of people like Noah?     I&I believe in Jesus from Nazareth as a fable! Therefore dem others pon this forum say I&I nah true ras!

Give thanks & raspect fi all dem who overstand JAH words & works:
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God"

ONENESS FAMILY ITES

Nicro

• Realign your circutry to revolt against the confines of society
  • Senior User
  • And for this their belief God will Reward them
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2007, 12:45:01 AM »

Christ, I believe did exists historically. But not as God as some people think. We are all God. Jesus simply became enlightened and taught this.

1080man

• Full User
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2007, 05:33:42 AM »

isnt part of being a ras finding the truth on the I's own?

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2007, 03:18:29 PM »

To my bredrin Ras Adam, I personally believe His Majesty is a man just like the two of us, I do not see Selassie as the almighty, the Almighty to me is beyond the confines of man. I also don't believe His Majesty is any more divine than I or You as a human.  I believe he comes from a very long line of Kings and Queens extending far beyond the biblical lineage of Kings and Queens.  Personally I feel divine means not from an anthropomorphic god but a wisdom and science departed to men from "men" of a higher stature who the mankind of the time saw as gods.  This has to do with cycles of humanity at times far in the past, some races who were extremely smart at sciences, astrology, agriculture, mathematics etc, etc because their mental capacities were more developed due to there cycles throughout time, they in return departed these teachings to men whose capacity was not yet fully evolved and they took these other men to be as gods or saviours. I believe Selassie was of this higher capacity because his blood lineage goes back beyond known history. So in this sense i would say he is divine, but, in the sense that he is God, no. This is just my personal belief.  One Love bredrin.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2007, 11:37:59 PM »

Ites
@1080man:
Yes I! That's the truth.

@Human: It's always interesting and full of wisdom to hear others in their line and way of thinking.
Rasta bun tribal wars and hate amongst bredrin, so we must accept each other and each others beliefs. I have seen you quoting some rabbis and so,   do you have any things to do with "traditional" Judaism - in your belief?

Raspect & oneness Idren

Human

• Veteran User
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »

No not really, I just have read many writings from certain Rabbi's works.  One love to you my bredrin.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2007, 03:16:16 PM »

Ites, bredda
May JAH be with you

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 03:15:55 AM »

Rasta are the truest KRSTians...they are just not Jesus Christians.

Blessed Empress
The I speaks the truth,as far as I can sight it
Apologies for not using the right spelling. His Majesty was/is a KRSTian of the Ethiopian Orthodox.
Also sorry for sounding intolerant of others views.
May the Clear Light of pure Mind guide us all Home.
One love
Nya
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

prophet777

• Senior User
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 09:17:31 PM »

Iesus not a fable - fact !
All one have fe know is where HIM truly from ! I - STORY. Get to KNOW that and then you get to KNOW who U are. Where u from ?

Can anyone here answer that in a sense that it makes sense ?

prophet7
ME NAH COM' FE BOW - ME COM' FE CONQUER !!

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2007, 12:39:18 AM »

I respect Selassie and not worship him, therefore for me personally I can have my difference of opinion when it comes to the subject of Christianity and his belief in Jesus.  I don't care if people label me Rasta or not Rasta or anything of the sort, I see many great things in Selassie and have learned many valuable traits and ways to see the world and politics by his examples, but, I have my serious doubts as to the authenticity of the Jesus as portrayed in the bible, which seems to be the only book he is in. For me a God needing to send his "only begotten son" to earth to die a horrible death for supposed sins of humanity because of eating a fruit which simply opened the eyes of humanity to know right from wrong is ludicrus to me.  I don't believe in a devil flying jesus up to mountain tops, dead decomposing corpses rising from the graves and walking into cities, walking on water, feeding thousands from some fish and bread, raising dead people back to life as portrayed in the bible.  To me those who wrote those stories (whoever they were) were not stupid men writing such non-sense as to be believed literally, but, wrote them to portray something deeper and more profound so it would be universal and capture the essence of a deeper meaning behind the story.  I believe this meaning is of a astro-theological as well as Initiation description being told, not a real man.  I believe it is what is called anthropromorphism and it is what the ancient writers did to explain to people ideas, concepts, laws of nature and the constellations and there movements in the sky by personifying them.  Some here say you cant follow Selassie if you dont believe exactly what he believed, so you say not me and I don't follow you.  Remember if you do believe in Jesus even his disciples had there differences of opinion.  I have read many books on Jesus and spent a long time researching the story to find personal answers to questions I had during my life and for me I have come to this opinion and I respect others opinions if they see differently.  I have learned many great attributes from Selassie and highly respect him for his humbleness as well as bravery during crucial times, I have learned to open my eyes to see how politics can be used for the betterment of people if done properly, I have leaned to see humans for what they are as a whole and not for color or class which Selassie taught me more than any other man, all these things and so much more I learned to a deeper sense after I came aquainted with His Majesty and it bothers me not in the least when people say you can't follow Selassie if you dont follow him to the "T".  To be honest many call  themselves Rasta, but, they dont "Follow" Selassie, they follow the old so called traditional beliefs of other Rastas and the old hearsay pertaining to Selassie.  Selassie had nothing to do with dreadlocks, herb, reggae, ital living etc, etc.  All those things are good and bring a sense of closeness to earth and the "ONE" but they are part of the traditional beliefs associated with Selassie.  Selassie was dealing with important life changing situations on a lage scale.

Hi guys, I'm a newbie here but I wanted to chime in on this thread, I don't mean to cause any offence, I pretty much share the same views as "human" as far as "christianality" goes, I don't believe that the bible as I/we know it is factual, I believe that it is a collection of symbolic stories put together as guidance to living better, will I refer to myself as a Rasta, at this point probably not, out of respect for others that have stronger feelings on the matter but this is what is in my heart, this feels like home to me and something to be/trod towards....do I need to learn more?...sure thing and that's why I'm here but at the end of the day I'm not going to lie and say that Haile Selassie I is a god because that's not what I believe, I believe that people can be great and do great things but no, not be Gods, there's too much wickedness going on in the world for me to believe that there's a God on earth standing by watching people/animals suffer without doing something, that just doesn't make sense to me, for that reason I believe it's up to us to look within and step up as our own guru's.

Juss ma 2 cents

peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
www. fruitarianfitness. com

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #41 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15:11 AM »

There are elements attempting to infiltrate the Rastafari movement that have vested interests in discrediting the Literal and Istorical veracity of Yesus Christos. Whether True or False, the fact is that it is something one cannot know in a directly empirical or secular sense(something of high value to the infiltrators). What We are given with out question is the Utterance of the Emperor, Which it seems would be given more 'stock' by people claiming to revere its source as "g-d".
Posted on: December 27, 2007, 03:03:59 am
An interesting aside is that the cover of this months Smithsonian Magazine is a picture of Jesus and Mary(who are black'ish') and the article tells how the EoC has an oral trodition that during Jesus' exile from Israel, He actually came to Ethiopia and it has pictures of where they supposedly sat each morning.

Ras Tafari Love
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 03:18:19 AM by ELIJAH I »
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #42 on: December 27, 2007, 03:53:21 PM »

This ain't directed at any body....it's just my observations as a newbie....

Personaly.... I think that within a movement/belief system, all we can do is "take care of home" look after ourselves as individuals, for example, if I believe that something should be done a certain way then I have the right to lead by example and make sure I live my life that certain way, then others will see how well it works for me and may also feel led to follow suit, I don't have the right to make sure others live that way or dictate that anybody else follow my lead or do as I do because everybody is different and reacts/interprets things differently, the problem with having any "movement" or a collection of people is that at some point things are going to want to change or evolve from what it once was, you can fight this element as much as you want but change is a law of nature and we are natural beings, especially if it's an old "movement" just because something evolves or changes it doesn't mean that everything is lost, I believe that something can change and yet still stay the same, just like a animal can shed it's skin but it's still the same animal or you can paint your car a different colour but it's still the same car, I think trying to keep something stagnant will eventually lead to it's downfall, especially once a collective of people are involved.

All I can do is share my opinions with love and accept that others within my belief system will have different opinions that I may not agree with but just because I don't agree with another persons opinion it doesn't make that opinion wrong, it just makes it different, if you want a "movement" to stay healthy there has to be nuff acceptance, patients, love and compassion within it.

Juss my 2 cents.

peace and love

F1

FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2007, 04:02:33 PM »

Yes the fruit has made you wise. My point is that the movement needs a firm first step, which in my opinion it hasn't even taken.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

The Fruitarian One

• Regular User
    • Fruitarian Fitness
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2007, 05:03:43 PM »

Yes the fruit has made you wise. My point is that the movement needs a firm first step, which in my opinion it hasn't even taken.

Much love Bredren....I've seen your posts around the forum and I can totally see where your coming from....as a newbie looking in, you come across very much like I do in the Fruitarian Lifestyle, you seem to be a passionate, die hard purist with a need to stick to the original principles/values of this movement, therefore you have a definate/clear vision of how things are supposed to be done, which can often be mis-interpreted, much like myself when it comes to Fruitarianism of which I am a pioneer that stands alone.

I stand alone because every one in the raw food movement has forsaken Fruitarianism and eating our natural food in it's pure state and has fallen by the wayside, I stand for Ital livity, which is not everybodies cup of tea, I've had many people critisize or attack me for my no nonsense approach and make the mistake of interpreting my passion, vision for what I feel is right and strength of character for anger and intimdation, this has led to many hostile interactions with people that were born out of my own frustration, it's through this experience I have learnt that not everybody shares the exact same vision, intense passion or drive as me and that many people simple want to do things at their own pace at a level that best suits them without feeling like they are being pushed out of their comfort zones or attacked and I've had to learn to ease up and let others evolve, full fill their own person destiny, many times my passion has been interpreted as intimidation simply because to me my own personal vision is so clear.

For myself, all I can say my bredren is that this lifestyle has ALWAYS been in my heart, I was just too scared to accepted it until now, because of certain experiences I shunned mainstream religion/bible, but always left a spot open for a higher power that I couldn't explain to do it's work and I feel in my heart that this is what's happening now, so being here is my first step on my journey, personaly I believe that there is a Jah but to me right now Jah is unexplainable, maybe this view will change as I grow, who knows....was this how you felt in your early days?....I gotta admit that when I went through the forum and saw all the arguing and fighting I was really put off from coming here again but "soilder of jah" has been giving me his time and reasoning with me, if it wasn't for him I would of been gone....I honestly believe he was sent to keep me on the path and that's a major breakthrough for me to say something like that so I don't say that lightly, now I can accept that I may not share the same views on certain things as you/others but at the same time I know that I have the same desire to learn and love in my heart for what is right as any veteran member here.

Tell me, do you think that the firm step that you say this movement needs was taken years ago in the beginning but has become diluted or changed/evolved as it has grown?

Peace an love

F1
FRUITARIAN FITNESS
Home of the F. I. T. S
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 21 queries.