Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Melchizedek  (Read 15354 times)

Onedread

• Standard User
Re: Melchizedek
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »

Thanks to all who posted there is great knowledge for InI to look into and have a much greater overstanding of melchizedek now.

Jah Bless

Inity
When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace
Jimi Hendrix

fallen angel

• Normal User
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2008, 04:47:23 AM »

Mel.  an abbreviation of Melanin
Chized or more appropriately chesed is the fourth siphora of the tree of life said to be the most celestial of the heavens
ek is a suffice

One can make a case for Wsr being the prototype biblical character Melchizedek, but this discussion involves more advanced studies of knowledge that is self-knowledge
I hope this course of the discussion isn’t maligned; it takes a big boy to exercise restraint and not over-react.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2008, 05:48:27 AM »

pardon my ignorance, but who is Wsr ?
give thanks for the spreading of insight
Blessed Love
SIstah NyahI
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

fallen angel

• Normal User
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2008, 06:00:41 AM »

Quote from: NyaInIJahLove link=topic=4516. msg67239#msg67239 date=1199940507
pardon my ignorance, but who is Wsr ?
give thanks for the spreading of insight
Blessed Love
SIstah NyahI

Gladly sis. 

Wsr &/or Asar is yet another contemporary spelling of an ancient, indigenous African ancestor.  The Greek spelling is Osiris.    During the 17th, 18th, 19th, early-to mid-20th century scholars regarded him as a “mythological” personage until they found his tomb in the late 20th century.
I hope this course of the discussion isn’t maligned; it takes a big boy to exercise restraint and not over-react.

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2008, 11:39:24 AM »

Bless
Do you know if he is connected with Sirius?
he is considered a god-like being yes?
It is plausible to consider that he could have come from another civilization or do you think he was an enlightened human?
seeking answers
Sistah NyahI
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

fallen angel

• Normal User
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 06:59:12 PM »

Bless
Do you know if he is connected with Sirius?
he is considered a god-like being yes?
It is plausible to consider that he could have come from another civilization or do you think he was an enlightened human?
seeking answers
Sistah NyahI

Yes Sis.

Fear not my language nor my presentation.

the Dogons happen to be the descendants of the priestly “caste,” of the predynastic/dynastic “Egyptians” or Kmites, which left the Nile Valley before hell broke loose with the merciless, invading foreigners.  Using oral and ceremonial traditions, they’ve recorded this fact.  As ridiculous as it may sound, all original people are connected with Sirius? Well, I take that back because there are “counterfeit” individuals i.e., those that, for all phenotypical and functional purposes, have an original appearance, but actually aren’t.  One can verify this in the Gnosis text.  Also, research “Hylic” man … it’s a very interesting information that the Gnostics knew and documented. 

What other civilization do you propose Wsr/Asar/Osiris originated with? He was the first Priest-King so he was all things. This answer seems vague, but it is what it is. I prefer to avoid giving anyone a YHVH box and restricting their unlimited capacities. 

Hope I answered your ques.

nechama

• Newbie User
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 08:54:27 AM »

Rastafari Greetings,

I have just been searching for some information on Melchezidek and stumbled on the forum - blessed love!

I thought I would share some of the information that I have discovered and found interesting. . .

"Melchizedek is not just the name of an individual who once inhabited this planet.  It is the name of the Cosmic Priesthood that exists through every dimension upon every sacred planet.  The king of Salem (now called Jerusalem) in the time of Abram, Melchezidek was Christ before his incarnation.  It is now coming out that Melchizedek was far more prominent than we had supposed, and the reason why we haven't known this, is because, as the Bible scholars tell us, it has been expunged from the Bible.  As a king and high priest of the Most High God (Gen.  14:18), Melchizedek holds a place of great honour and respect among Latter-day Saints.  An example of righteousness and the namesake of the higher priesthood, here presents the scriptural ideal of one who obtains the power of God through faith, repentance, and sacred ordinances, for the purpose of inspiring and blessing his fellow beings. " (Encyclopaedia of Mormonism).  The Melchizedek Priesthood is the authority, responsibility, and power to act in the name of the Christ cosciousness and to organise and direct part of his work.  "(Encyclopaedia of Mormonism).  An important witness to pre-Christian Jewish speculation on Melchizedek has surfaced among the Dead Sea Scrolls: The fragmentary Hebrew text, usually dated to the first century B. C. , features Melchizedek as a heavenly end-time redeemer, with attributes of the archangel Michael.  He appears in the tenth and final jubilee of world history to rescue the elect, the "men of the lot of Melchizedek" , doing battle with Belial and his fellow evil spirits.  Melchizedek's triumph is described as a high-priestly act of "expiation" Also noteworthy is that Melchizedek in 11Q Melchizedek, is called "Michael, Melchizedek, and the Prince of Light were three names for the same figure.  "(p.  176).  Melchizedek was also in charge of the eternal process of creation, who by the spark, ignited light into the worlds, hence an organiser of the worlds with the gods.  God's assistants, "the faithful servants of Melchizedek", rescue and preserve light particles lest any be lost in space.  Melchizedek is mentioned by Philo, a first-century Jewish philosopher of Alexandria, in three writings (Legum Allegoriae 3. 79-82; De Congressu 89;De Abrahamo 235).  Philo interprets the text of Genesis in a Platonic-allegorical fashion, seeing in Melchizedek a reference to the divine Logos, the thought of God in which the pattern of all existing things is conceived and the "image" of God according to which man was created.  Another important text, 2 Enoch, attests to early Jewish interest in the figure of Melchizedek.  In this text (chaps.  71-72), a child is born miraculously to Noah's recently deceased sister-in-law, and the child, marked on his chest with a priestly seal, speaks and praises God.  Ina night vision Nir is told of the impending flood; he is also informed that the archangel Michael will bring Melchizedek to paradise, thus enabling him to escape the flood waters.  Melchizedek will eventually become the chief of priests among the people, and in the end of days he will be revealed yet another time as the chief priest.  In this text, Melchizedek has three different earthly manifestations: born before the Flood, serving in the postdiluvian age as a great priest, and functioning in the end-time as a messianic priest Melchizedek becomes outstandingly significant, too, because of information about him in Biblical passages other than the Genesis account.  In Psalm 110and in Hebrews 7, Christ, Who fulfilled the promise in the fullness of time, is spoken of as a priest after the order of Melchizedek.  The order of Melchizedek, thus, as interpreted in the Old and the New Testaments, was the priesthood of the promise, of Christ Himself, in contrast with the later priesthood of Levi and Aaron, the priesthood of the ceremonial reminders of the promise.  Besides Melchizedek, two other persons living in this period are also referred to in the Bible as teachers and preachers of God's righteousness: Noah and Enoch.  Noah is called a preacher of righteousness and an "heir of the righteousness which is by faith" (Hebrews 11:7).  And Enoch the seventh from Adam is mentioned as the one who warned the people in his day against false teachers (Jude 14). A fragmentary text from Nag Hammadi (IX. 1: Melchizedek; cf.  Pearson, 1981,pp.  19-85) contains an apocalypse given by angels to Melchizedek, "priest of God Most High. " It is revealed to Melchizedek that he will ultimately reappear as Jesus Christ, Son of God, to do battle with the cosmic forces of darkness.  The most developed levels of speculation on Melchizedek, also lacking any influence from Hebrews, are found in Pistis Sophia, Book 4, in which Melchizedek plays a key role in the process of purifying human souls for entry into the "Treasury of Light" and transferring them from the domain of the archons, or earthly rulers, to that heavenly region.  The younger material in books 1-3 of Pistis Sophia develops these ideas further: Melchizedek is a heavenly being who seals the saved souls upon their entry into the realm of light.  -(from hxxp: www. greatdreams. com/masters/melchizedek. htm)

From another source: "Melchizedek is an ancient cosmic being in charge of the order of Melchizedek, This brotherhood organizes the Mystery School, which holds the secrets of God, the Universe and the true history of the planet, and is working to establish heaven on Earth.  Jesus was a high priest in the Order of Melchizedek and all humans belong at some level to this order".  (from www. greatdreams. com/masters/ascended-masters. htm)

Praise Jah
Rastafari
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 21 queries.