Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ganja in Scriptures  (Read 5416 times)

Cheeky_Kingfisher

Ganja in Scriptures
« on: August 20, 2004, 04:54:28 AM »

Well many of u may have seen my posts in the general section, but there are other questions I hafta ask.....for research purposes more than anything.....

Can someone please list the scriptures used to support the use of marijuana? I can only find a couple here and there on the site.....

Also, I'd like to discuss anything that u know of that's been done by Rastas to try and legalize weed in any country.....

Thanx!

Ciao!

babylonhater

Re: Ganja in Scriptures
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 05:44:48 AM »

psalms 104:14 is the only one i know

Cheeky_Kingfisher

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 10:38:08 AM »

Lol thank you babylonhater, I've heard of that one I think, plus one in Genesis and one in Revelation. But I'd like to know if there are any others.

Knowledge you make a good point, obviously the Christian world interprets herb as the edible group of plants that do not bear fruit or vegetables. On the other hands, Rastas see the term herb as a reference to cannabis.

This makes me wonder......since both Knowledge and myself are not experts on the Kebra Negast, could it perhaps be that ganja features in this book and Rastas see those biblical scriptures as corroborating evidence for the holy use of ganja?

If any Rastas can shed some light on this topic I'd appreciate it, for oinstance, is the reference to marijuana rowing from Solomon's tomb in the KN or the Bible?

Ciao!

plant_the_planet

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 05:36:49 PM »

I here that in Guam Rastafarians are allowed to smoke due to religious freedom

RasRaulik

• Senior User
  • Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2004, 04:06:23 AM »

Yes
but remember it is also eaten by a lot of people. I justify marijuana as a gift from Jah because i believe everything he created is good if used in moderation. It is those who abuse these gifts that tarnish its name.

Ras-pect :)
Truth is the light, so you can't give up the fight!!!

Cheeky_Kingfisher

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 09:26:09 AM »

Hello all,

Thank You Brethren-Je I'll look into that one. You haven't heard of any countries where it's been banned and Rastas have had it legalized do u? And wat's the go in Jamaica? It's prohibited there right?

To Knowledge, I appreciate your concern, but my logic would interpret herb to mean vegetation too. I choose not to use marijuana for recreational or religious purposes, which by the sounds of it, keeps me in everyone's cléar.

RasRaulk, you say that ganja is ok in moderation, would u therefore advocate a legal limit of marijuana consumption within certain countries?

I'd still like to know if the Kebra Negast says anything in particular about ganja as well, so if anyone knows, please share your knowledge.

Thank You all
Ciao!

RasRaulik

• Senior User
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2004, 05:56:46 AM »

Idren knowledge,

Yes that is absolutley correct! the Hebrews did write 'Herb' to mean Vegitation. But isn't the plant Cannabis sativa L classified as vegitation as are all plants.

I thought the definition of vegetation was:

*The plants of an area or a region; plant life: eg. The vegetation is lush on the Hawaiian Islands.

I am curious to know what your definition of the word is. Or where you refering to vegetables?

i dont mean to sound like a smart a*se brethren and i respect that your beliefs differ to mine on this subject.

Peace

RasRaulik

• Senior User
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2004, 06:25:32 AM »

Cheeky man said,

RasRaulk, you say that ganja is ok in moderation, would u therefore advocate a legal limit of marijuana consumption within certain countries?

................................................................................

This is an interesting question, and my answer is yes. However the downside of this would be that it would validate recreational smoking for getting stoned and looking stupid. I am mostly against this imature behaivior.

all me wan fe do is open narrow minded views so that people cyan see dat this is a very powerful natural thing created by Jah that should not be taken lightly. Its uses are numerous in the medical arena already and we should keep searching abroad for newer ways to unlock its rewards.

I know some people dont use it and i am happy for that. You are your own man. You own yourself. The government doesn't own YOU.
Like Bob said, "My life is my my right... All i have is my life"

i hope this point is seen :-/

« Last Edit: August 22, 2004, 06:36:37 AM by Raulik »

RasRaulik

• Senior User
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2004, 07:36:47 AM »

So you are 100% certain that the Hebrews refered to herb as being vegetables (edible roots and leaves)  and not ALL vegetation (for medicinal or other pourposes) in this specific verse.

i'm abit confused

RasRaulik

• Senior User
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 08:26:36 AM »

thats fair enough
But what about herbs for medicinal use?

bobafett

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 02:46:15 PM »

“So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival, or a new moon, or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is Christ.”
-Collossians 2:16-17

“Do not fret because of evil doers, nor be envious of the workers of iniquity. For they shall soon be cut down like grass, And wither as the green herb.”
-Psalm 37:1-2

“For the earth which drinks in the rain that often comes upon it, and bears herbs useful for those by whom it is cultivated, receives blessings from God; but if it bears thorns and briers, it is rejected and near to being cursed, whose end is to be burned.”
-Hebrews 6:4-6

M-Dub

• Veteran User
  • Be conscious of the past, prepare for the present
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2005, 04:18:02 PM »

Greetings and peace.

Some people believe the burning bush was ganja. Revelations 22:2 speaks of the herb.

As far as what "knowledge" was saying, herb is vegetation. I thought this was pretty obvious but some religious people will say anything to back up what they've been told.  [smiley=rolleyes.gif]

One

Jah bless

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2005, 04:55:31 PM »

knowledge, what M-Dub said is true the herb is vegetation, and the word that they translated as herb nah mean vegetation in general, it means herb/grass/weed basicly plants that grow near the ground, that might be the reason that marijuana is called by all of those names..
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.

haftrini

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2005, 01:16:49 AM »

Check this link out! I think it may give some good insight into this question.

http://www.thc-ministry.org/thelivingtorah.jpg

One love

Ras Saadon

• Veteran User
  • Deuteronomy 30:19
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2005, 07:25:11 AM »

I'm not saying that they nah mean the herb but it could also mean incense, incense is used a lot in the Ible.. a cane that has good smell can be many things..
"No one should question the faith of others, for no human being can judge the ways of God." His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Haile Selassie I.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 21 queries.