Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ganja in Scriptures  (Read 5415 times)

haftrini

Re: Ganja in Scriptures
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2005, 02:01:07 PM »

I'm not saying that they nah mean the herb but it could also mean incense

True. the pic is on a site that says that it was used in the holy anointing oil and incense. i coudn't find the other link so i just posted that one. mainly cause it gives the clearest evidence i've ever seen to ganja in the Bible. it's mentioned in a few verses by allusion, but this is the actual hebrew word for it right in a passage.

SmG

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2005, 07:39:40 PM »

Hey,

I understand that You want to use weed, and to You weed is easly justified. Yet, since it is a fact that the word "herb" in the Bible means vegetations, you shouldnt say that the Bible says its OK - because it doesnt. Nah mean? Again, its your choice. Its not what God's words say.

Later,

Knowledge

You can read and understand The Bible as you want - I think that herb is used for Ganja.

One

Jah Bless

Zipporah_O

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2005, 07:46:30 PM »

One Love

I read something a while back on this subject that said the references in the "Old" Testament to "sweet cane" or something like that was from the Hebrew words "kaneh bos'm", from which eventually came the Latin term "cannabis"... the Hebrews used it in their incense for their rituals in the Tent of Dwelling, the air would have been thick with this smoke. I believe they also used it in an anointing oil.
Let me see if i can find the page...

Oops, haha, i see i am too late... guess i should read the whole thread before i start typin.
[smiley=laugh.gif]

Oh well, here are some references anyway:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,869273,00.html
http://www.cannabisculture.com/backissues/cc11/christ.html
http://www.rism.org/isg/dlp/ganja/resources/godandganja.html
« Last Edit: July 08, 2005, 07:55:10 PM by Zipporah_O »

Trichomey

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2005, 10:38:40 PM »

Here are some I can remember off the top of my head...

Isaiah 18:4-5
Genesis 1:12
Psalm 104:14
Genesis 1:29-31
Ezekiel 34:29
Ex. 30:23 (but it was mistranslated as 'sweet calamus')

satafijah

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 04:38:39 AM »

di book of Genesis book #1

s0l4r

ANOINT
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2005, 05:12:37 AM »

Its realy strange to me how Rastas are all about the bible yet I dont hear any one talking about using anointing oil.  Is this some kind of secret that I should only talk about with other preist or is it that you all dont know?  Before I start preachin about dreads I need an answer to this cuase I dont wanna end up like the watchers unable to return to the heavens for breaching some info.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005, 05:19:03 AM by s0l4r »

2_tuff

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 02:27:20 PM »

read my posts ganga is in the bible from start 2 finish it was the cause of adam and eve becoming concious its christs bread and wine water into wine not a miricale but a process of water and hemp leaves makes a drink called bahn sorry if i spelled it wrong bahngadesh means place of drink i could read every second page and find reference 2 ganga the truth will b revieled 2 but a few look open your eyes read my posts bless 4 at least starting on the long road 2 the tree of knowledge

RasLionheart

• Senior User
  • Rastafari is the way!
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 21 queries.