Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Author Topic: Putting it where your mouth is!  (Read 5214 times)

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
Putting it where your mouth is!
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:01:13 AM »

After the years i have spent here at this forum despite what my membership details might say... I never find it astounding that when one asks for assistance here it is very non forthcoming.
Why is it we can all sit here preaching the righteousness of Jah love but when someone comes here to ask for help they are generally slammed for it or everyone offers their best wishes and thats that?
So we come here as a united front? Why is it that when you are asked for assistance many can't get their S**t together to give a bit?
Lets discuss the mission of our beautiful Sistah Vee. Does anyone here (apart from those who did write) give a s**t about what she is fighting for or are you all so self absorbed with your own petty arguements that you can't find the time to help a little?
She never asked much of any of you but very few of you bothered to give.
My guess is you don't care what happens to the children of this world because your all to busy debating the "race" issues of Rasta. Who's right, who's wrong and why you are the all knowing.

I am coming here now to ask that you give your support to a worthwhile cause that  costs you nothing but a few seconds of your time.
Take the time to find out about what is going on. You should know where to find that info by now.
Please give your support. No ones asking you for money or to chop off a limb. All we are asking for is a simple letter to back up what our sister is trying to do.
Asking in the humble presence of Jah.

joanna

• Senior User
  • Rasta wombman live up
Re: Putting it where your mouth is!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 02:25:35 PM »

blessed love,
sistah wahine, i am most surprised to see that no one has responded to your post.(this is what is known as sarcasm, for those who do not understand the concept)

at the moment, i am keeping my eyes to the sky watching to see if i can spot a pig fly...which is as likely to happen as getting any support on this forum,(apart from those already on our side) as we have already seen.
i hope i don't get neck ache while I'm waiting.

Queen Joanna
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 02:27:45 PM by joanna »
Do not be decieved:God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.
Galatians 5:13:7

There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins.
Ecclesiastes 7:5:20

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 05:33:59 AM »

Queen Joanna

Did i expect anything different?
Not at all! I try not to set my expectations to high when relying on others to be helpful.
You will probably need some physio treatment for that sore neck watching out for those pigs!
I think i have a better chance of seeing angels fly out my ass than see anything positive here!
Oh well it's always worth a try ain't it?????

Rasta Nick

• Administrator
  • Veteran User
    • Rasta Nick's website & forum
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 11:06:26 AM »

Blessed Love,

Both of you are normally positive so I man see some positivity here!!

One
Even the longest journey starts with one step

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 01:07:36 PM »

hang on a sec!

NoOne is giving support to back sister vee??

Iman been supporting her from the very begining i learnt the news of her mission, and when she was ill.

I have written letter's to the T&T government in aid of sister vee, i have been worried about her health and dedicated topics on THIS forum to get support from IDren! i have sent her countless messages in my support for her.

So Judge not

blessings
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

Wahine

• Veteran User
  • Rasta man live up
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 07:22:33 AM »

Greetings rootsridge 

Go back to the beginning. You will see that this wasn't aimed at those who did provide support.

"Does anyone here (apart from those who did write) give a s**t about what she is fighting for or are you all so self absorbed with your own petty arguements that you can't find the time to help a little?"

Consider yourself not judged. I know you have been there.

Thanks Nick, i'm sure between Joanna and I we can rustle up some positivity.

sistahvee

• Veteran User
  • Rasta Wombman will Prevail
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 09:06:17 PM »

Bless Up Sistah Wahine

It is only natural to feel a certain amount of DISappointment when one reaches out to the Rasta Communities and the results are tallied.  Many have a lot of HEAT and Fiyah on the boards but when it's time to turn those words into action, complete failure.

For the record, InI received letters of support of this mission from Empress Carla, Queens Nya, Joanna, Wahine and Princess Love Sponge.  Bredren Surfmon, freeformras, ke, rootsridge and Ras Pete.  Jah2Love, Ras Nevoe and several guests...in a timely fashion.

Still, the I Sistah is correct.  For such an Important mission that asks only for letters of support, a better showing could have been made.  For a few minutes, personal grudges and opinions could be put aside for a common Rasta Cause. 

The mandate to feed the hungry, clothe the naked and care for the sick, the elderly and the children is the most Important mandate when Rapresenting RasTaFari.  It has become too easy to provoke Defense within Rasta.  We exert more enery fighting each other and individual's opinions that we forget the most basic principal that makes us different than the rest of the world.

However, here is where we are forced to test our own strengths.  Here is where we decide to give up or we choose to Itinue fighting the good fight relying on Jah RasTaFari to grant us the strength needed to Itinue.  We brush ourselves off, see the facts for what they are and keep moving forward, never losing sight of the goal.

Thanks for the support.  Every little bit counts.

Nuff Love

Sistah Vee
To he who much is given, much is required

xixgrantham19

• Regular User
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 12:14:32 AM »

Greetings. i would like to hlp and support sistahvee in her mission bt i need2knw more bout it and hw i can hlp? i am sure many otha ppl would like to hlp bt i hav found that lot of times ppl dnt no how.i read about letters. wat should be sed in them?

surfmon_I

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 02:16:16 PM »

Give Thanks for those that practice what they preach.
It seems that we got so much tings to say right now, but time come for we to stand together and the wind blow between the few left standing.

We are to live a life seriously,looking to apply the knowledge we gain for the benefit of others.  There is no room for slack mindedness or vanity.

There are serious issues like the one Sister Vee is STILL embroiled in and calls to deaf ears.  Hard to reach out to engage in international affairs when the very boards we use are clotted up with Pride and Vanity, NEVER really Stating WHAT ONES ARE DOING about these very real issues.

There comes a time when this foolish behavior on these boards become too much for an ACTIVE person to handle.  There is always a time to reflect and grow, each day we must apply these principle to our Livity.  InI look for ones with dignity and trueness to the issues at hand that result in Action.

Sistah Vee, last we spoke was not able to leave the Island and Is stretched very thin.  The Mighty Sisdtah lives what she writes of, and many of us could learn from this Genuine Rasta Empress.  This struggle, though not in I home land is touching the lives of many innocent children,  It has become ever present in I mind, and one of the means of measuring the depth I am engaging the Reality of Rastafari.

I will be calling her next weekend for an update. Please feel free to ask any questions, and I will relate them.

Guidance and Love,
Give Thanks!

NyaInIJahLove

• Veteran User
  • InI Live 4Iva in JahLove
    • www.earthreggae.com
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »

Well at last
I have stated on this board many times my intent and interest in helping Sistah Vee
I have asked for advice on how to get money to Sistah Vee
finally I have a debit card so perhaps I could donate money on line
?
I would like to contact Sistah Vee
havent given up on the Idea of a benefit albulm and charity here for SistaH AND THE yOUTH

I am trying to get my own life on track so I can support Sistah Vee
I still rely on welfare myself but hopefully will start studying music business shorty with an I to becoming sustained and forwarding conscious vibes
hopefully can get a package to Sistah shortly but need a contact
the address I recieved last time I was worried it wasn't permanent as last time the package I sent her took over three months to reach her so I really need a phone number
I have a little money right now, so the sooner I can talk to her the better (it can't last, too many youth, too many needs)
I heart is heavy right now so this could be the positive direction I need right now
Blessed Love
BTW Hi SurfahMon, love yah!!!!!
I am a troubled Sistren, struggling, but with nuff love in I heart to ovacome I little trouble
thanks for all the love and community vibe in here
its been a lifeline to I at times and I hope I give enuff back, always want to give more, so more love everyone
as for Sistah Vee, I think she is a living Saint, definately the Saintlyest person I have encountered and I hope lots of people support Her, I would like nothing betta than that, and would love to commit to being part of something that works on it
Come celebrate JahTime is Come
singers&players of instruments
JahLovers &Freedom Lovers
www.earthreggae.com

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 21 queries.