Rasta Nicks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

No news is good news!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Would HIM Praise Himself??  (Read 19569 times)

Empress AliJah

• Peace Love and Inity
  • Full User
  • PEACE LOVE AND INITY
    • Empress Iternal
Re: Would HIM Praise Himself??
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2007, 08:05:01 PM »

Give Thanks, H.I.M  Haile Selassie I Jah Ras Tafari, Ilect of HIS Self Light of the World Earths Rightful Ruler
WITH OUT APOLOGY!!!
Love and Raspect
Plant the seeds of love overstanding and righteousnes water them and watch them grow standing strong against any force of nature.Give thanks and praises to the Most High for the beautiful blessing of life.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
  • Jah Love To One and All
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2007, 09:53:33 AM »

@Negus I:
Ites Brethren
The I ask how Iman would know JAH in flesh? I look unto the Holy Scriptures, Torah & Tanakh ("old" testament")
Iman don't see any place in these scriptures (which is the foundation of all belief in JAH) were it tells us that JAH will come down on earth as a human. Humans is weak, only strong by the powers of the Almighty I JAH.
I don't believe that JAH would just one day go into a human, and go around on earth. JAH is not a human. If JAH got into a human, well, it would be the perfect ideel human, and Iman don't sight Haile Selassie I as 100% perfect - but very close indeed. If Haile Selassie I was JAH - He would fx just let all badman down, all those fascist, nazist people around that time. Mussolini... He would not let his own children die - they would literally be the children of JAH. He would not eat and drink as a human. He would not have a wife - because JAH has no gender, He created sexuality and genders, just like He created humans - therefore - He cannot be the thing, He Himself created. And also - if Haile Selassie 1st was JAH almighty, then there is still some people living today, who is in direct family with God. And they don't believe it themselves. JAH is eternal, can't die, do never fail, do never wrong - humans die, fail, do wrong. Haile Selassie I was a big great King in the jewish line of King David & Solomon, with the ethiopian Queen of Saba. RASpect unto Haile Selassie 1st for bringing up righteousness in the world as a great leader with belief in JAH almighty I Adonai!

And about the Messiah-issue, Iman would say that Haile Selassie I did not fulfill all the prophecies that should be fulfilled by the one Messiah who will come. But Iman think that Haile Selassie I was closer to the title "Messiah" than Jesus.

Iman don't want to flash I beliefs or to start tribal war, Iman just answer your I-stion.
Give thanks & Ises unto the Most High JAH - Ites Shalom bredda NegusNegustiality.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2007, 07:28:04 PM »

Yes I Fiyah, other overstanding, other Iditation - in I sight.

About "Amon" - I only know him as a demon - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amon_%28demon%29          (i personally don't believe in demons.)

Amen means "thats how it is" or "so be it that way" or "the truth."

Ites.
JAH bless.

Ras Adam

• Senior User
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2007, 04:47:01 PM »

Amon is the egyptian creator God, I know, they believe, but he is not JAH!
Iman also know of the jewish Amon, the son of Mannaseh of Judah - He was an unrighteous, committed idolatry and destroyed his fathers righteous works.
You are not talking about Ammonites, are you?

I have been in the Rastafari Community - a few groundations, friends and the internet - for two years. I have never before heard the name "Amon" as JAH almighty, also not in the synagoge.

Give thanks for the I wisdom, but don't call Iman an outsider or crucifier.
ITES & BLESSINGS

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 09:05:37 PM »

So---

If I believe that Selassie fulfills prophesy

AND that Jesus is the only begotten son of Yah

AND that demons exist and pretend to be creators and pretend to be gods

AND that Isis is Ashtarte, the Ashtoreth that the bible warns us not to worship, the "goddess" Easter (anglicised name of course) who demanded the sacrifice of live babies- a worship still carried on throughout the world in the form of abortion

AND that more than one man (or woman) can fulfill a prophesy

Because the world is going through cycles

AND that there is no way to contemplate whether Yah can be a man or not a man since He always existed and that is not contemplable either-

THAT if God wanted to be a man of course He could be a man because God can do anything

AND that prophesy can be fulfilled on many many different levels all at the same time

AND that God does NOT LIE

SO if Selassie says he is not Yah he is NOT YAH because he says he is not Yah and Yah does not lie

Am I a Rasta or am I a Christian who believes that Selassie is a messiah-type who has fulfilled prophesy, perhaps a man in the spirit of David?

I am not seeing any more consistancy of beliefs than in any other religion- and that is a good thing, in my opinion.

How can any one person know Jah?

We can know God in our own lives.

But to deny that Selassie is truthful in saying he is not God...

That seems kind of odd to me.

No offense to the brothers and sisters who believe this, but isn't it true that God does not lie?

If God lies then what is He?

I don't know about other people, but I am staking my immortal soul on the promise that Yah is truthful and faithful. Without that I believe I have no redemption.

IF Selassie claimed divinity, which he does not, correct?, then I would have to contemplate that.

But since he does not claim divinity and swears that we should worship only God- as did Jesus- swear that we should love God with all of our hearts, all of our minds, and all of our souls,

How can we claim Selassie is God, a God who lies and says he is not God?

I am very confused on this issue.

Thank-you.

God bless.

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
  • Negus*Negustial ity is the reality of H.I.M.
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2008, 09:48:02 PM »

Ises,
This is a common question that never really gets truly reasoned upon or has been reasoned upon so many times that ones with the Innerstanding just remain silent.  I would say keep searching, go back into the 05, 06 archives that Ras Nick has so dilligently maintained and seek.  For the King's Iway is a trod that many will start but few will complete. 

Selassie I Guidance

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2008, 10:30:18 PM »

NegusNegustiality, do I HAVE to think about it?

Can I not just be happy that Yah sends men like Selassie to try to help us see Heaven all around and to try to help us save ourselves???

***exploding brainpopping gremlin***

Thank-you.

I certainly relate to not explaining.

It is not a brain thing I don't think.

It is the same with horses- I ride and train horses, and so much of it is "feel."
I can explain and explain and explain, but if someone doesn't "feel" it I cannot explain it.
I can give them exercises to help them develop the feel, but they have to do the exercises and they have to start with the trust and belief.

Isn't having a loving heart and being in constant prayer and begging of forgiveness sufficient for Yah?

I am not sure what my brain can do right now, and I think my feel has to come on its own, no?

God bless.

Messenjay

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »

Greetings to One-and-All,

first of all please excuse Me while reading through I got a little upset, but I canīt follow that definition against definition discussion in here.
This is no reasoning, but pure fighting ones own opinion, and has nothing to do with Rasta teachings.
To much dictionary wisdom is in here when people place wikipedia links, links to where and whatever (who told you that in there is only truth in wikipedia?). I canīt understand this.
When we here in the "Rasta-forum" reason about H.I.M. Haile Selassie I, how can there be the question of H.I.M.īs divinity. Look into yourself. Donīt talk to much before the computer go to Ithiopia and search for Rastafari and belive me you can feel it there at every second. Go ask the elders there who are not in need of any online encyclypedias or mystical books from ten thousand years of age. Why? Because of Faith. All I can see in that forum is more and more confusion, only dividing people who never met in reality,before the screen.
Iīm tired of reading all this any longer.
Iīm out.
JAH Rastafari bless you all.

rootsridge

• Senior User
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 08:30:40 PM »

^^^ yes but rasta is'nt just about your beliefs!!

its your roots, and your outlook, and overstanding of jah,

my eyes see rasta as true ways of worshiping Jah almightly
and i think it is important to discuss this, we are not fighting here ,messemjay, we are reasoning and saying opinions u no

nuff love bredda
ONLINE REGGAE DJ
http://www.ukreggaeguide.co.uk/radio/

i am doing a show every saturday from 8pm (GMT)
so please tune in and I will play I some reggae music!!

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2008, 10:22:27 PM »

Ises unto HIM,

Messenjay raises valid points & I fully site the vibes he is used to dealing with.  The thing is that the forum has transformed and become something it was not 2, 3 years ago.  Natty is simply asking questions that most who were not raised in this trod tend to ask, including Iself some years ago.  Ini say seek and one shall find, for Rastafari has always been here for those withe heart of a lion.

King Selassie I

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2008, 10:30:27 PM »

its your roots, and your outlook, and overstanding of jah,

my eyes see rasta as true ways of worshiping Jah almightly
and i think it is important to discuss this, we are not fighting here

Can I believe that HIM is divine and HIM is NOT Yah himself?
Are we talking about HIM Selassie being full of what I as a Christian would call the Holy Spirit which is a part of God?

Can HIM be divine and Yah and I be divine and Yah and you be divine and Yah?
If I am hand in hand with Yah and you are hand in hand with Yah and we are both in Yah's hand then maybe we are both divine?

I think what we are discussing is whether to call an apple manzana or pomme?

I feel respect and full of love when I read the speeches of HIM Selassie-
I KNOW he is of the lineage of David and is therefore of lineage blessed directly by God- I cannot reason anything but.

But I cannot WORSHIP any but Yah Himself.

Am I arguing?

I hope not.
I pray not.

Reading Selassie over this past week has made my life better and I pray and it has brought me closer to God.

Is this how he is divine?

God bless.

NegusNegustiality

• Veteran User
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2008, 02:41:13 PM »

Ises,
Natty define Yah and how you know of Him?  What seperates Yah from from every other deity upon creation?  I would love to hear your reasoning about the uncreated creation.

Bless

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2008, 07:35:13 PM »

I am calling YHVH Yah.

Maybe that is not Yah?

The uncreated creation.

Really, Negus, are you trying to pop my brain?

I avoid thinking about some things because they lead to thought that does not give me comfort and peace.

I read the bible and believe it is literally true. I realize there is human error in transcribing parts, especially in English, but I have seen and believe strong evidence that the Torah in Hebrew is absolutely as written originally by Moses.

Was there ever another creation besides the Genesis creation?

****BBBBBAAAABABABBABABABBABA**** (I don't know!)

God is referred to in the plural in Genesis.

Is God more than YHVH?

Can't reason otherwise.

Please realize this borders on blasphemy in most "churches" in this country.
Why read the King James and deny the Hebrew Torah?

Not I.

The Torah clearly says "Let US create man in OUR image." Who is this "Us"? Whose is this "Our"?

No-one wants to say.

Then we have the question of Lao Tsu.

Can the wisdom and inspiration of the Tao te Ching be denied by a reasoning person?
Perhaps.

(There is a post with some Tao verses here on this forum- sorry not to link).

But not by me.

So is Lao Tsu divine?
Is Lao Tsu a prophet?

Is Lao Tsu a messiah?

Was God ONLY the god of Israel?

If He was only the god of Israel was there another creator?
Why would He create EVERYone and only save a few?

As to other divinities-

PLEASE NO OFFENSE

I have reasoned that many are deifications of humans.  Sidhartha Gautima is one- The Buddha- He was a MAN. Maybe he had divine birth. Maybe his mother really was impregnated by an elephant. My messiah's mother was impregnated by the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove, so who am I to judge?

Brahma is another. I believe Brahma is a deification of Abraham. Many believe the opposite- that Abraham is a personification of Brahma. I believe that people tend to make people into gods more than gods into people.
http://www.hermetics.org/Abraham2.html

Jupiter is a third. I have read convincing scholarship that he is a deification if Japheth.

Also, I have reasoned with bible scholars who claim that the "old" gods were real, that they were demons on earth convincing people to do their bidding. I do not doubt this either.

What we see throughout the Old Testament, especially in Judges, when angels come people are frightened. THERE MUST BE A WHY. People say "Let us build an altar. Let us sacrifice to you. What is your name?" The angels say - NO WAY! Worship YHVH.

Maybe "demons" are angels that accepted sacrifices. Maybe that is how angels fall.

I have said before I think that 94% of what we see is learned.
Robert Anton Wilson talks about this in his Cosmic Trigger trilogy.
If you look for Harvey the Rabbit (no thank-you) Harvey the Rabbit will come chat you up.
If you look for the Green Man (no thank-you) the Green Man will come chat you up.

IF WE CHOOSE NOT TO SEE we can ignore much of what is there.
Because we have been brainwashed with empiricism does not mean the old gods aren't there, fighting for our hearts and minds, seeking worship, and battling YHVH.

We worship them every year when we send kids to sit on Santa's lap (NOT I!)
When we dye eggs at Easter- A word that is forbidden to speak or write and there I just wrote it- the goddess of the ashtoreth, who demanded the sacrifice of babies every year- we worship the old gods. NOT I!

I used to do a mean Tarot card reading- accurate and helpful. Was the inspiration divine?
What is divine?

I heard voices, I feared constantly about supernatural forces, I was worried about the end of the world.
A friend of mine, soon after I came to Christ, said I needed to burn those cards.

But the cards were my friends.

I gave them to HER to burn.
The voices went away.
I quit worrying.
This WORKS for me.

I went to a church- one of those churches that says God isn't here right now- He's on vacation.
They baptized me already married to my second husband. My kids look like a color wheel- Three children- three fathers.
Anyone looking would see that. (NOT PROUD- JUST A FACT).

One day one of the men teaching is teaching that second marriage is adultery.
I didn't have to say anything.

(They already lost me on several points of scripture and women weren't allowed to dissent so...)

I said to an elder- "Brian is my second husband."

I ended up leaving the church. They think they disfellowshiped me.
It was mutual.

But first I PRAYED constantly, read the bible constantly, highlighted, reread, reasoned.

Yep.
I am committing adultery.

Would divorce improve anything or would it have made my children angry with God?
One man from the church- he left the church soon after- called me and lectured me about being concerned with "Things of this world" with relation to my children.

***shaking my head***

My stance is if Jesus cannot cleanse me then what is He for???

I prayed and prayed and prayed.

SOMEONE or SOMETHING told ME

"Don't believe everything written by old men with beards who like to go a round beating people with sticks" (I think that was Nehemiah who did that?)

What the entity was telling me is The BIBLE is TRUE but it is filtered through fallible people.
It isn't the ONLY thing that is true.

I prayed about how to be a better wife after that- had NIGHTMARES. Conan-quality horrifying Idol- dark massive horrifying demi-god I was being sacrificed to- I'd wake up- ack! YEARS this happened- for real. FINALLY (I CAN control my dreams when I choose) I decided this nightmare would never go away until I rose to meet this "god" head on.

Picture the lady on the Santana album- Abraxis?- This demi-god came to terrify me and I GREW TO MEET HIM.
We became good friends over a series of dreams.
When I was comfortable and happy and no longer afraid, he left.
He has never come back.

The problem I had been having with my husband that he had been sent to solve NEVER CAME BACK.
(We have had other problems- don't mistake that)

So Negus, I guess I am saying "I don't have any idea about the uncreated creation."

YHVH is a jealous god but a faithful god.
If I beg and pray constantly, YHVH will continue to help me as He already has.

I know He has worked DIRECTLY in my life through these two very powerful palpable experiences.

Also, I have listened to creation over the years and I have actually HEARD the rocks and ground and grass and trees sing Hosannah- for real.

Maybe my idea about Yah is mistaken. Clearly He must be more than the being that spoke to and appeared to Moses and the Israelites- or maybe He isn't. His CREATION may be greater than He.

But what of the other gods that were present?

Got me.

God bless.
I am certainly open to discussion.

Sure won't believe it wasn't God helping me though. ;)

GOD IS HERE.
GOD IS NOW.
GOD LOVES ALL OF US- EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US IS GOD'S.

(Or as I used to say "Jesus died for stupid people too." Now I know there are no stupid people. How would I know that if there weren't God?)

God bless.

I ELIJAH I

• Veteran User
  • Its a Foolish Dog That Bark at a Flying Bird
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2008, 01:30:14 AM »

Can I believe that HIM is divine and HIM is NOT Yah himself?

No.
Fear the terrible g-d of Israel.

natty threads

• Senior User
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2008, 02:24:23 AM »

Are others divine?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 21 queries.